Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Navy destroyers were harassed by drone swarms

UM-Bot

The psychotic, harrassing the psychotic.

How appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

How appropriate.

The U.S. military is psychotic???

Think again. If we didn't have a formidable force we would have long ago been completely taken-over by Russia, China, etc...

Is THAT what you want?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

If these were small drones, smaller than conventional anti-air defenses could be effective against then the operator must have been close by. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If these were small drones, smaller than conventional anti-air defenses could be effective against then the operator must have been close by. 

My friend build some racing drone and they can go 10km without big trouble and they weight less than 250g... depend what's close by.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

How appropriate.

Probably evil seagulls...

Why seagulls are not angry - just 'misunderstood' - BBC News

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Probably evil seagulls...

Why seagulls are not angry - just 'misunderstood' - BBC News

Is there any other type?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, pallidin said:

The U.S. military is psychotic???

Think again. If we didn't have a formidable force we would have long ago been completely taken-over by Russia, China, etc...

Is THAT what you want?

nothing to do with what anyone wants. how do you jump to that i wonder...

while training and dedicating one's life to learning and then practicing how to murder strangers seems rather psychotic. 

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

while training and dedicating one's life to learning and then practicing how to murder strangers seems rather psychotic. 

Don't know about you, but I'm perfectly comfortable with killing those trying to kill me, my family, my friends or my country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Don't know about you, but I'm perfectly comfortable with killing those trying to kill me, my family, my friends or my country.

:clap:

25 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Absolutely; when facing grievous bodily harm, shoot first and psychoanalyze later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Spoken like a truly enlightened man of peace... who only HAS peace because others are willing to fight and die on command.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For weeks, that is interesting. Wonder how they could stay in the air for weeks, are there really batteries that last that long? Also, how where the signals to control the drones transmitted? There was probably a long distance between the operators and the drones.

Maybe the drones came from another ship nearby. Then, drones could keep being replaced by newly recharged/refueled drones, and the communication distance wouldn't be so long either. (That other ship could even be a submarine surfacing now and then.)

• Like 1

From this thread on related topics.....:

I posted this link - it's well worth a read....

https://sofrep.com/news/navy-knows-more-about-2019-mystery-drones-incident-than-it-says/

Any questions?  I think they know dam well whose they are.  Some at least will be US ones being tested clandestinely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This seems highly unlikely, oceans are windy small drones can't be stable and easy to maneuver. This well could be a cover story or distraction tactic. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pallidin said:

So am I and there is nothing wrong with your comments, I lived more than half my life doing just that for my country. I have no regrets for my actions and at 62 if called upon I would do so again. The oath I took to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic for me never ends!:gun:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

This seems highly unlikely, oceans are windy small drones can't be stable and easy to maneuver. This well could be a cover story or distraction tactic. 

A drone can be several kinds of unmanned UAV, not just flimsy quad 'copters. Anything deployed at sea would have to be large to carry enough fuel for extended loitering capability.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

A drone can be several kinds of unmanned UAV, not just flimsy quad 'copters. Anything deployed at sea would have to be large to carry enough fuel for extended loitering capability.

Your right, not only would it require a large power source it would have to have Nats Ass control from its source. The Winds produced by Ocean currents would require a great deal of stability also. What I don’t understand is why the Navy did not shoot them down the Ship Board weapons capabilities would allow them to shoot the dam things down no matter their size!:yes:

“Phalanx aka CIWS automatically carries out functions performed by multiple systems: search, detection, threat eval, tracking, engage and kill assessment. The Block 1B version of Phalanx adds control stations that allow operators to visually track and ID targets before engagement using a forward looking infrared sensor. It allows Phalanx to be used against helicopters and high-speed surface craft at sea while the land-based version helps identify and confirm incoming dangers.””  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/318348267391677251/

This baby will not miss, drone on our Starboard Bow, Drone destroyed!:yes:

B1FF7005-6DCA-4C80-B66E-92CB1C76F96B.thumb.jpeg.9af4a0f2409dc1f9a18eee6804cdac31.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

You know after thinking about this a little more, I think this entire situation is a hoax or some form of BS. Drones operate on a radio frequency and that frequency can not only be detected, but also traced back to the control station operating it and the US Navy has the capability to do it, hell the civilian sector sells the capability to Also do it.:yes:

The Definitive Drone Detection & Tracking Guide by Aerial Armor: https://www.aerialarmor.com/blog/how-to-detect-a-drone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You know after thinking about this a little more, I think this entire situation is a hoax or some form of BS. Drones operate on a radio frequency and that frequency can not only be detected, but also traced back to the control station operating it and the US Navy has the capability to do it, hell the civilian sector sells the capability to Also do it.:yes:

The Definitive Drone Detection & Tracking Guide by Aerial Armor: https://www.aerialarmor.com/blog/how-to-detect-a-drone

I think you're right; it either didn't happen or "drone" in this instance, is code for UAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I think you're right; it either didn't happen or "drone" in this instance, is code for UAP.

I totally agree!:yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kartikg said:

On the shelf small drones are scraps for sure. But even small race one can be build with computer assisted stabilisation, gps and barometric altitude control and can go 200kph in an instant with a 10km range for less than 1000$. They don't care about 50km/h wind beside cutting some range if it's crosswind. You can build that with easy to find on the shelf parts.

In the middle of the ocean, it's more difficult because of time of flight. If they can go recharge themselves and come back from another ship at 15-20km, I don't see any problem for continuous harrassing with less than 1kg drones. Shoting down small drones with incredible  manoeuvrability is hard, really hard.   If you are farther, you need probably a sattelite uplink or some relay drones for control because of earth curvature and bigger batteries in a bigger drone who are way more easy to shot down with.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Not exactly how the military is entirely structured or missioned.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

On the shelf small drones are scraps for sure. But even small race one can be build with computer assisted stabilisation, gps and barometric altitude control and can go 200kph in an instant with a 10km range for less than 1000$. They don't care about 50km/h wind beside cutting some range if it's crosswind. You can build that with easy to find on the shelf parts.

In the middle of the ocean, it's more difficult because of time of flight. If they can go recharge themselves and come back from another ship at 15-20km, I don't see any problem for continuous harrassing with less than 1kg drones. Shoting down small drones with incredible  manoeuvrability is hard, really hard.   If you are farther, you need probably a sattelite uplink or some relay drones for control because of earth curvature and bigger batteries in a bigger drone who are way more easy to shot down with.

A phalanx can shoot down sea skimming missiles. If they can't handle what are essentially over grown toys then maybe the navy should talk to Crossman Arms and get some of these. Works wonders on the neighbor kids spy toys.

https://www.crosman.com/product/dpms-sbr-bb

This inability to down a UAP/UFO was also a problem for gun crews on bombers in WWII. It's nothing new.

Nobody said they were missing the intended target. They simply weren't able to inflict any damage on them. That's another way of reading the story, and it's to read between the lines, because that's what the WWII bomber crews reported: Same thing, same reported effects, just in different epoch's of time, so whether it's British 303, or Browing 50 Cal, or Vulcan 20MM; it's all the same: No apparent effect.

Edited by Dielectric
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Hello Jon while we agree on many things we dont discuss them often because we participate in different threads. Jon what I highly above isnt really true, but anyway I will introduce you a system that while US Navy claims is new has actually be used on US Naval Vessels since about 2017. The system has the ability to put up blanket over US Navy Ships, now they say that it will not destory a drone, but that is BS because the device has frequence jamming system that will reach more than 50 miles outsidse the battle space. This device can repel or completely block the drones frequencies and make it fall out of the sky.

The sysetm was developed after the Iranians started using exploding drones to attack shipping in the Persian Gulf, so it will not only take down Full Size Military Drones it while taken down any drone that operates on any Radio Frequency. So no matter how fast or manuverable this syetem will sever all control between the operator and the drone!

Navy Arming Surface Ships with Drone Repellent System:https://news.usni.org/2021/09/07/navy-arming-surface-ships-with-drone-repellent-system

While it says it will only repel drones, that is complete BS but what do you expect from the Military they will not tell the world the full capabilities of these sysetms.

Peace Jon!:tu: 

• Like 3