Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Traveller


Arcana

Recommended Posts

image.png.d16ee94ffde3532bbc71d194d40af46e.png

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself.
My name is of no importance, but my invention is guaranteed to astonish!
Before you, stands a contraption that thus far, I have spent my entire life creating.
It may not look that impressive to the untrained eye, but it is of such complexity, that trying to explain its mechanics, would boggle your minds with bewilderment.
I am a traveller, not in the sense that you are familiar with, but a traveller nonetheless.
My journeys are not bound for foreign shores, they take me on a journey through the very fabric of time itself.
I hear you gasp with disbelief, but indulge me and you will see the truth of my claims.


I have witnessed the rise and fall of mighty empires, from the Carthaginians, to the Egyptians and the Hittites, through to the Romans and the Ottamans.
I have sipped wine from a goblet shared with Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile, in the year 28 BC, 2 years before she took her own life.
I saw the negligence that led to the great fire of London, in a baker's shop on Pudding Lane in 1666, belonging to one Thomas Farynor.
I saw the rats disembark from from the cargo ships in Messina in 1347, that led to the great plague.
I shook the hand of Abraham Lincoln on March 4, 1861 outside the Willard Hotel in Washington, just prior to his inauguration.
I travelled forwards to the future, to see terrible weapons of mass destruction that destroyed entire cities in the year 1945.
I watched the first men travel to and even walk on the moon, in July 1969.
I saw the great mass extinction of species in 2033 and the establishment of the world parliament in the year 2059.
I saw the disclosure about alien beings from other worlds, just prior to their vizitation and announcement of intent, in the year 2053 AD.
I travelled even further into the future to see mankind become a space faring race, spreading out and colonizing new worlds, in the vastness of the Cosmos.

How can any of these fantastic rants be true I hear you ask yourselves?
To voyage on a sea of time, as if it was as fluid as the waters in our mighty oceans.
To avoid the dangers of temporal paradox through conscious restraint and treading carefully through the past.
To travel those spacetimes which contain closed timelike curves, that form closed loops in time, like skipping stones across a lake.
I have navigated to times before my conception and long after my demise.
You sir, what proof I hear you heckle from the crowd!
This is the year of our lord, 20th day of December 1900 and I have something dire to foretell.
Mark my words well, on the 22nd day of January in the new year, our beloved Queen Victoria will be taken from us with a stroke.
She will meet her maker at Osbourne House on the Isle of Wight, at 6.30pm on that very day.
Charlatan I hear you say, another madman, in need of institutionalisation at an asylum you say!
Mock me at your peril, for I and I alone, have knowledge of things to come.
By knowing this, I know of ways to avoid the consequences of these coming events.
You may share in this knowledge, if you can but find it in your conscience to trust me and believe what I have to say.

Put simply, my machine generates a gravitational field that sucks in space time, to propel it forwards into the future.
It can spew the same field, to traverse backwards to a designated point of my choosing.
Where you say, show us you say, we demand proof, you echo until my senses ache from the skepticism!
What have I to gain from deceiving you, I ask for no reward, I seek no acclaim.
I see you wandering away, drifting from the crowd, like the cynics I spoke to in The Acadamy of Scientific Studies.
A day will come when your sanity and even your humanity will be threatened by adverse events.
It will be during these dark days that lie ahead, that you will discover your true natures.
Whether you care about your fellow man, or choose to ignore affairs in pursuit of selfish, self centred egotism.

The tides of time grow restless for me to sail her seas once more.
I must take my leave of you, those who remain to question my truths.
My machine awaits, to take me from this time to another.
What intrigues await me, what as yet unknown discoveries are hiding, in those murky depths of what may come to pass?
It is my calling, nay my mission and my duty to find out, so farewell to you I say!
If in years to come, you should happen to see someone who strongly resembles me in this same place.
Someone who could be my double and has not aged a day, from whom you see before you now.
Someone who speaks of bygone days and things to come, who seeks no reward and no acclaim.
Then for pitys sake listen to what he has to say and bare him no ill will.
For he will surely be me, returning from another adventure, bearing news that may change your lives.

What to you appears to be a lifetime, to me is but the mere blink of an eye.
And should I mention things that you find disagreeable, look in the mirror and ask yourself.
Do I see the person now that I will become, as each fleeting second ticks towards an uncertain future?
Am I all that I can be, is it too late to change, do I even like who gazes back at me from the looking glass?
Like smoke, I must soon evaporate from your view, but I hope something will remain.
Now shield your eyes, from the ensuing brilliant flash of light that will accompany my departure, as I climb aboard my machine.
Farewell my fellow travellers, I must leave you now to your own journeys, through the passage of time.
Farewell, bon voyage, adieu, until the day we may meet again...........godspeed!

image.png.48d0d7f2511749d7b7c6116a73f4b5cd.png

Edited by Still Waters
Spelling fixed at OP's request
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
38 minutes ago, Arcana said:

image.png.d16ee94ffde3532bbc71d194d40af46e.png

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself.
My name is of no importance, but my invention is guaranteed to astonish!
Before you, stands a contraption that thus far, I have spent my entire life creating.
It may not look that impressive to the untrained eye, but it is of such complexity, that trying to explain its mechanics, would boggle your minds with bewilderment.
I am a traveller, not in the sense that you are familiar with, but a traveller nonetheless.
My journeys are not bound for foreign shores, they take me on a journey through the very fabric of time itself.
I hear you gasp with disbelief, but indulge me and you will see the truth of my claims.


I have witnessed the rise and fall of mighty empires, from the Carthaginians, to the Egyptians and the Hittites, through to the Romans and the Ottamans.
I have sipped wine from a goblet shared with Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile, in the year 28 BC, 2 years before she took her own life.
I saw the negligence that led to the great fire of London, in a baker's shop on Pudding Lane in 1666, belonging to one Thomas Farynor.
I saw the rats disembark from from the cargo ships in Messina in 1347, that led to the great plague.
I shook the hand of Abraham Lincoln on March 4, 1861 outside the Willard Hotel in Washington, just prior to his anauguration.
I travelled forwards to the future, to see terrible weapons of mass destruction that destroyed entire cities in the year 1945.
I watched the first men travel to and even walk on the moon, in July 1969.
I saw the great mass extinction of species in 2033 and the establishment of the world parliament in the year 2059.
I saw the disclosure about alien beings from other worlds, just prior to their vizitation and announcement of intent, in the year 2053 AD.
I travelled even further into the future to see mankind become a space faring race, spreading out and colonizing new worlds, in the vastness of the Cosmos.

How can any of these fantastic rants be true I hear you ask yourselves?
To voyage on a sea of time, as if it was as fluid as the waters in our mighty oceans.
To avoid the dangers of temporal paradox through conscious restraint and treading carefully through the past.
To travel those spacetimes which contain closed timelike curves, that form closed loops in time, like skipping stones across a lake.
I have navigated to times before my conception and long after my demise.
You sir, what proof I hear you heckle from the crowd!
This is the year of our lord, 20th day of December 1900 and I have something dire to foretell.
Mark my words well, on the 22nd day of January in the new year, our beloved Queen Victoria will be taken from us with a stroke.
She will meet her maker at Osbourne House on the Isle of Wight, at 6.30pm on that very day.
Charlatan I hear you say, another madman, in need of institutionalisation at an asylum you say!
Mock me at your peril, for I and I alone, have knowledge of things to come.
By knowing this, I know of ways to avoid the consequences of these coming events.
You may share in this knowledge, if you can but find it in your conscience to trust me and believe what I have to say.

Put simply, my machine generates a gravitational field that sucks in space time, to propel it forwards into the future.
It can spew the same field, to traverse backwards to a designated point of my choosing.
Where you say, show us you say, we demand proof, you echo until my senses ache from the skepticism!
What have I to gain from deceiving you, I ask for no reward, I seek no acclaim.
I see you wandering away, drifting from the crowd, like the cynics I spoke to in The Acadamy of Scientific Studies.
A day will come when your sanity and even your humanity will be threatened by adverse events.
It will be during these dark days that lie ahead, that you will discover your true natures.
Whether you care about your fellow man, or choose to ignore affairs in pursuit of selfish, self centred egotism.

The tides of time grow restless for me to sail her seas once more.
I must take my leave of you, those who remain to question my truths.
My machine awaits, to take me from this time to another.
What intrigues await me, what as yet unknown discoveries are hiding, in those murky depths of what may come to pass?
It is my calling, nay my mission and my duty to find out, so farewell to you I say!
If in years to come, you should happen to see someone who strongly resembles me in this same place.
Someone who could be my double and has not aged a day, from whom you see before you now.
Someone who speaks of bygone days and things to come, who seeks no reward and no acclaim.
Then for pitys sake listen to what he has to say and bare him no ill will.
For he will surely be me, returning from another adventure, bearing news that may change your lives.

What to you appears to be a lifetime, to me is but the mere blink of an eye.
And should I mention things that you find disagreeable, look in the mirror and ask yourself.
Do I see the person now that I will become, as each fleeting second ticks towards an uncertain future?
Am I all that I can be, is it too late to change, do I even like who gazes back at me from the looking glass?
Like smoke, I must soon evaporate from your view, but I hope something will remain.
Now shield your eyes, from the ensuing brilliant flash of light that will accompany my departure, as I climb aboard my machine.
Farewell my fellow travellers, I must leave you now to your own journeys, through the passage of time.
Farewell, bon voyage, adieu, until the day we may meet again...........godspeed!

image.png.48d0d7f2511749d7b7c6116a73f4b5cd.png

Hello my friend you have not been around for awhile hope you have been healthy and safe. Man that was great, it was as good as a Jules Verne Novel. I really ebjoyed it very much, your ability to captivate an audiance with you writting is wonderful.  

Peace and thanks very much!!:tu:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hello my friend you have not been around for awhile hope you have been healthy and safe. Man that was great, it was as good as a Jules Verne Novel. I really ebjoyed it very much, your ability to captivate an audiance with you writting is wonderful.  

Peace and thanks very much!!:tu:

I am keeping well thank you my spiritual brother, I do hope you and your family are too.

I can't thank you enough for your lovely comment and to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Jules Verne is high praise indeed........though in truth he is a far greater writer and I am unworthy of comparison!:D

I am truly grateful for your wonderful comment about being able to captivate a reader with my words, that is a very powerful statement and means a great deal to me.:yes:

Peace be with you too my friend and have a wonderful festive holiday and a Happy Christmas to you and your family.:tu:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Arcana said:

I am keeping well thank you my spiritual brother, I do hope you and your family are too.

I can't thank you enough for your lovely comment and to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Jules Verne is high praise indeed........though in truth he is a far greater writer and I am unworthy of comparison!:D

I am truly grateful for your wonderful comment about being able to captivate a reader with my words, that is a very powerful statement and means a great deal to me.:yes:

Peace be with you too my friend and have a wonderful festive holiday and a Happy Christmas to you and your family.:tu:

 

Many thanks for your reply friend, but I am Sincere in my appraisal of your work and I true enjoy it very much. You took a break from the forum for awhile, and trust me you were missed.

Well I am glad your back, my friend I will watching for your next addition!

Peace my brother!:tu: 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.