Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysia hit by the worst floods in years

Still Waters

The Malaysian military uses boats to distribute food to people trapped in their homes after massive floods left at least 14 people dead and more than 70,000 displaced.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/malaysia-is-hit-by-worst-floods-in-years/vi-AAS1MNa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-59749146

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

Power to the people... 

20 hours ago  A more recent example comes in the form of a tweet by its CEO, Tim Cook who has said that Apple will provide assistance for the relief, ...

~
3 days ago  In a tweet posted on December 21, 2021, Apple CEO Tim Cook announced that his company would be contributing to relief efforts in the ...

~

3 days ago  The huge announcement reached the Malaysian audience, and citizens are begging Tim Cook to not send the donations and reliefs through...

~

:lol:

~

The politicians got more than a wet blanket, they got a full dressing down... 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, that's awkward :(   Hopefully, the government doesn't come in and take from the NGOs as well :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, SHaYap said:

Power to the people... 

~

:lol:

~

The politicians got more than a wet blanket, they got a full dressing down... 

~

I thought you lived in Malaysia, @SHaYap

You have any personal stories to tell about where you live?

And what, in God's name does 'Shayap' mean?

Btw., a week or so ago I watched a couple of videos posted by a 3d Eye. It was about harassing women, like in trains, busses, railway stations and so on.

Was that you?

:tu:

8 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I thought you lived in Malaysia, @SHaYap

I am, still do... How's the weather on Mars? 

~

You have any personal stories to tell about where you live?

Plenty, but I'm kinda busy and not in the mood for now, just search my posts... 

~

And what, in God's name does 'Shayap' mean?

It's kinda a hodgepodge of my initials, almost but not quite "Y.H.W.H"

~

Btw., a week or so ago I watched a couple of videos posted by a 3d Eye. It was about harassing women, like in trains, busses, railway stations and so on.

Was that you?

Nope, not into that kind of nonsense to be honest... 

~

~

6 hours ago, SHaYap said:

Plenty, but I'm kinda busy and not in the mood for now, just search my posts... 

I actually meant personal stories about the floodings, yours, or from friends or family.

10 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I actually meant personal stories about the floodings, yours, or from friends or family.

I'm some ways from the heavy flooding, just scattered villages hit hard about a couple of miles away. Both my sisters staying in the capital got stuck at home for a few days, nothing too serious. 

The clean up effort helping out those that got hit hard still continues, but it's helping a lot, volunteers and aid is better than expected, even during hard times like these. As the saying goes, we do what we can, those who can afford it, donate, those who are unable, gave time to help clean up, many shoulders lighten the load. 

Lemon, lemonades ...

~

• Thanks 2