Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiker is stalked for several days by 'Bigfoot' in Oregon


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Reminds me of the Albert Ostman story with the difference 'Bigfoot' did not kidnap him in a sleeping bag. And 'Biggy' didn't took him to his shelter, unlike Ostman. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The 'being' was tall and large, bigger than any man or animal I had ever seen, sliding through the forest not making a noise,"It couldn't have been Biggy because he never said it was all blurry 

Edited by Matt221
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've done some considerable hiking and camping in Oregon. Not once have I experienced or observed anything. I feel like 'ol Footie is gaslighting me, for more attractive hikers.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Now it seems Bigfoot is armed with a knife and can cut doen food bags. Sure it wasn't a human stalker?

He might have had long finger nails or matches... I have cut ropes with shoe laces and more, although I do always carry and sleep with a knife.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

I've done some considerable hiking and camping in Oregon. Not once have I experienced or observed anything. I feel like 'ol Footie is gaslighting me, for more attractive hikers.

There is a belief of some native Americans that when you see it, it either means there is something wrong with nature or with the nature of the person who saw it. Maybe you’re too healthy.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

He might have had long finger nails or matches... I have cut ropes with shoe laces and more, although I do always carry and sleep with a knife.

Yeah, it could be done, I agree.  Thirty -forty years ago when I was doing most of my serious hiking, I met a few people.  The ones I did meet, especially along the Pacific Crest were hikers pretty much like myself.  We might even camp together for  a night before going opposite directions.  But over the last ten or fifteen years,  me and a few of my friends have shared stories about some really creepy sorts we ran into. They seemed like human predators, not hikers. You can tell when someone is eying you up to measure their chances.  I was glad to be with another person and one of us armed.  I would not have wanted to be a single woman in an encounter like that.   In the last few years before my knees ankles got problematic, I stayed away from the big trails  and took off to be alone.  No doubt there are a lot of folks who could have tracked me or maybe got a sniff of my campfire, but I didn't ever see anybody or hear  anything strange.  I think I would rather meet bigfoot than some of the humans we saw in recent years.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am gonna say one more thing that is on my mind.  Maybe I just got old and feeble and a little skittish, but I advise people to hike and camp with friends now.  Bears and cougars and maybe bigfoot have been around for a long time, but there are too many humans now.  Down south of Cottage Grove on Weyerhaeuser and Roseburg  Lumber land there are still cannabis plantations my peers from Coos Bay have to deal with.  Now, even mushroom hunters have gotten armed and more aggressive to protect their spots.  There is money in it and it draws the greedy ones as well as the pickers who do it for the love of discovery, picking and sharing. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I am gonna say one more thing that is on my mind.  Maybe I just got old and feeble and a little skittish, but I advise people to hike and camp with friends now.  Bears and cougars and maybe bigfoot have been around for a long time, but there are too many humans now.  Down south of Cottage Grove on Weyerhaeuser and Roseburg  Lumber land there are still cannabis plantations my peers from Coos Bay have to deal with.  Now, even mushroom hunters have gotten armed and more aggressive to protect their spots.  There is money in it and it draws the greedy ones as well as the pickers who do it for the love of discovery, picking and sharing. 

Don't forget the PNW's real boom business, the mobile meth labs. I've spotted and reported quite few over the last few years. Those guys take their privacy very seriously. Funny how I've even spotted them, yet nothing of the BF.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Don't forget the PNW's real boom business, the mobile meth labs. I've spotted and reported quite few over the last few years. Those guys take their privacy very seriously. Funny how I've even spotted them, yet nothing of the BF.

You are right I did forget, but they are out there too.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Don't forget the PNW's real boom business, the mobile meth labs. I've spotted and reported quite few over the last few years. Those guys take their privacy very seriously. Funny how I've even spotted them, yet nothing of the BF.

I came from a simpler age.  We found guys with a chain saw muffled into an oil drum cutting shake bolts at night on Weyco land.  A hundred bucks for them, a thousand dollar loss for us.  Me and a partner got shot at while standing next to the pickup looking at a map. Could have been a stray shot but it struck the road about 20 feet in front of the pickup.  I was just a lowly engineer so we called armed security to come check it out.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Years ago in the early 80’s I went camping with my nephews. There was an old abandoned farm back in woods off Black Jack Mountain in Marietta Ga. It had three lakes on it and everyone used to camp up there and fish all night. We had gas lanterns and that was it no flashlight. Me and one of my nephews were on a bridge that went over a creek that ran down into the lake. Up at the edge of the woods I seen the eyes of an animal glowing from the lantern. I pointed it out and it was about 400 feet or so away and from looking at the height of the eyes from the ground I thought it was a large dog. It stayed out of the light just along the edge of where it shined. It circled around the outside of this light but it didn’t move like a dog it moved creepy like a cat. Like it was stalking us. I had a large hunting knife so I pulled it out and stood up thinking it was about to attack us. It kept doing the same thing but it wouldn’t come into the light and it didn’t make any sounds even when it was walking. I told my nephew we might want to pack it up and head out of there. He stood up and walked over toward it trying to get a better look and I walked up in that area with him. We didn’t take the lantern with us so like fools we were blocking the light in its direction. And what ever it was charged straight at us and we hauled ass out there and left all of our stuff. We went back the next day and got our stuff and looked around there was no animal tracks on the ground the soil was dry it hadn’t rained in a few weeks. I’m not sure what it was but I believe it was a large cat like a mountain lion.

Edited by Freez1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

...perhaps one day everyone will have a small device capable of high-quality video or photos, then we'll be able to settle the Bigfoot question once and for all.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder if you can arrest Bigfoot for burglary and stalking. Probably not, as long as Bigfoot is classified as an animal, it stands above the law.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, evalha said:

...perhaps one day everyone will have a small device capable of high-quality video or photos, then we'll be able to settle the Bigfoot question once and for all.

Hang on you could be onto something here maybe a small camera with some kind of gimmick perhaps a little telephone who knows one day it may even catch on ...... your welcome

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, evalha said:

...perhaps one day everyone will have a small device capable of high-quality video or photos, then we'll

The bloody club is only device you might need to settle the Bigfoot question once and for all.

Toljaga 50cm PVC - dodatak za kostime - MAČEVI,ČEKIĆI, SJEKIRE, ŠTITOVI I  KOSE - ORUŽJA ZA DODATAK KOSTIMU - MAŠKARE I KOSTIMI / HALLOWEEN -  miniBIGme – Sve za vaše mališane

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uh... what if his is...BIGGER?  :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2021 at 1:26 AM, fred_mc said:

Wonder if you can arrest Bigfoot for burglary and stalking. Probably not, as long as Bigfoot is classified as an animal, it stands above the law.

AND if you identify it as some form of human related species it will be a minority and be TOTALLY untouchable and allowed as such to do whatever it wishes!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.