Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiker is stalked for several days by 'Bigfoot' in Oregon

UM-Bot

29 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well I am not one of those, but let's face it, we need speculations here, Resume. Otherwise all threads just close down. that's how I see it.

I can name scientific studies being done when all the project director had to go on was theory, such as the search for tachion particles.
nobody begrudges these researchers their right to do that.

Now look at what happens to someone that wants to study UFOs or BigFoot. 

Holy Jelloli! :o

Just to add: There is more evidence of the existence of BigFoot than there is of tachion particles.

If someone wantsto study something that i s never the problem.

Here you say "search for tachion particles". Assume that was done. Where is the research and the results?

In the case of bigfoot there is nothing but suggestions. After 80 years there should  be more

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Resume said:

Good bigfoot evidence would be a bigfoot, or a piece of a bigfoot.  Or a particular habitat where footie-foo-foo can be reliably observed.  We don't have those things; bigfoot is all story, no monkey.

We are in agreement here, no doubt. But that should not mean no evidence exists when the above is found to be the case.

I've seen a UFO but I get it - I cannot prove it. For me, that is not a problem. And that of course can explain why I like to post in the UFO forum.
as far as footie goes, I just enjoy the subject matter, and I do think that BF *might* exist as an interdimensional character, but I cannot prove that

And Resume in the meantime, some skeptics in here go a long way to discourage people from discussing BF. I don't know why. :unsure:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And Resume in the meantime, some skeptics in here go a long way to discourage people from discussing BF. I don't know why. :unsure:

I think that those skeptics are rejecting bad arguments and poor evidence rather than attempting to discourage discussion.  If someone is pointing to a flaw in reasoning, it's wise to examine the reasoning in question, and make a counter argument.  I reject the bigfoot hypothesis,and have for over 50 years because I don't find any of the profferred evidence remotely convincing, yet I would be helpless to accept the hypothesis should someone bring forth a bigfoot, or a piece of one, or a location where footies could be scientifically observed.

However, there is a point --and I don't know where that point would be-- when further footie discussion would just be an exercise in futility, like discussing ectoplasm or phrenology.*

*Phrenology and ectoplasm fans please refrain from engaging me on those  . . .  ideas, as I will not respond.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

We are in agreement here, no doubt. But that should not mean no evidence exists when the above is found to be the case.

I've seen a UFO but I get it - I cannot prove it. For me, that is not a problem. And that of course can explain why I like to post in the UFO forum.
as far as footie goes, I just enjoy the subject matter, and I do think that BF *might* exist as an interdimensional character, but I cannot prove that

Awesome. You've fallen for this story.

That's okay.

As far as any other story you have to tell you've got the proof right? I so hope you do because nothing would make me happier than to see proofof something I have not foud evidence for

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Resume said:

I think that those skeptics are rejecting bad arguments and poor evidence rather than attempting to discourage discussion.  If someone is pointing to a flaw in reasoning, it's wise to examine the reasoning in question, and make a counter argument.  I reject the bigfoot hypothesis,and have for over 50 years because I don't find any of the profferred evidence remotely convincing, yet I would be helpless to accept the hypothesis should someone bring forth a bigfoot, or a piece of one, or a location where footies could be scientifically observed.

However, there is a point --and I don't know where that point would be-- when further footie discussion would just be an exercise in futility, like discussing ectoplasm or phrenology.*

*Phrenology and ectoplasm fans please refrain from engaging me on those  . . .  ideas, as I will not respond.

Well, everything is all well and fine but this 'exercise in futility' has me curious...

If footie is not real to you at all, why do you even come in to the threads? I'll be damned if I am ever going to discuss anything with flat earth folk, ya know?
so I am just a bit curious. You don't have to address this if you don't want. 

good posting, Resume

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well I am not one of those, but let's face it, we need speculations here, Resume. Otherwise all threads just close down. that's how I see it.

I can name scientific studies being done when all the project director had to go on was theory, such as the search for tachion particles.
nobody begrudges these researchers their right to do that.

Now look at what happens to someone that wants to study UFOs or BigFoot. 

Holy Jelloli! :o

Just to add: There is more evidence of the existence of BigFoot than there is of tachion particles.

Just to be clear, threads need to involve speculations not facts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, everything is all well and fine but this 'exercise in futility' has me curious...

If footie is not real to you at all, why do you even come in to the threads? I'll be damned if I am ever going to discuss anything with flat earth folk, ya know?
so I am just a bit curious. You don't have to address this if you don't want. 

good posting, Resume

I'm interested in the phenomenon of the bigfoot believer and how they believe despite the paucity of good evidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Resume said:

I'm interested in the phenomenon of the bigfoot believer and how they believe despite the paucity of good evidence. 

Fair enough, Resume. 

I do like you as a poster, despite our agreeing to disagree on certain beliefs. you do a good job. ;)

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:24 PM, Trelane said:

Truth of a mythical creature? How does one tell truths of something that doesn't exist?

Just because something hasn’t been verified by science doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.  That’s how.  Black holes were thought to exist long before their existence was verified.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Just because something hasn’t been verified by science doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.  That’s how.  Black holes were thought to exist long before their existence was verified.  

Yes, that's true. However, one is located light years away from our planet and the other is alleged to exist all over the world and in various environments including close to heavily populated areas.

It took a good long while for technology to catch up to be able to assist in observing black holes. I do believe the technology to reliably observe and record the creature as described has existed for quite some time now.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

How is an alleged breeding population of 6-9 ft bipedal apes with alleged continental distribution cohabiting with human beings for at least 15,000 years remotely analogous to a black hole?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I do believe the technology to reliably observe and record the creature as described has existed for quite some time now.

Indeed.

Not only that, but even when an animal is incredibly rare and isolated we have plenty of proof of their existence.

To me, it's pretty much impossible for bigfoot to have evaded all decent detection.

A bunch of blurry photos and videos? Bunk. If people can get pictures of them that means they have to live nearby. It should be incredibly easy to find one.

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/10-rarest-animals-in-the-world/

Anyone can look up rare animals. Animals that may be doomed because of lack of genetic diversity because there are only a few dozen known individuals of the species.

Pictures, videos, necropsies and numerous studies are available pertaining all of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Resume said:

How is an alleged breeding population of 6-9 ft bipedal apes with alleged continental distribution cohabiting with human beings for at least 15,000 years remotely analogous to a black hole?

Thank you for the question.  The answer is simple.  They are analogous because they both represent unknowns.   In the case of the black hole, it is now scientifically factual.  It’s proven.  The evidence is there, but not long ago, it wasn’t.

Consider the fact that science is based on new discoveries.  It only takes one bone or body part to prove sasquatch exists as a species of some kind. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Thank you for the question.  The answer is simple.  They are analogous because they both represent unknowns.   In the case of the black hole, it is now scientifically factual.  It’s proven.  The evidence is there, but not long ago, it wasn’t.

Consider the fact that science is based on new discoveries.  It only takes one bone or body part to prove sasquatch exists as a species of some kind. 

You clearly didn't understand the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

Yes, that's true. However, one is located light years away from our planet and the other is alleged to exist all over the world and in various environments including close to heavily populated areas.

It took a good long while for technology to catch up to be able to assist in observing black holes. I do believe the technology to reliably observe and record the creature as described has existed for quite some time now.

There are and have been some interesting video captures to consider since the Patterson/Gimlin film footage, including recent ones.  The problem with video or picture evidence these days is that is almost instantly dismissed by so many people because footage can be manipulated, and a single picture doesn’t usually convince people.

But, let’s just say for sake of argument, that this new technology you speak of captures film evidence of a sasquatch. Would you believe it?

Anyway, during this intermission, I will tell a “story” for all the skeptics out there who revel in their convictions, it’s the story of a hippie who left society in the late 60’s to go live off the land and grow his own food plus marijanewanna with his “old lady” who was actually young and beautiful.  So convinced were they in their position, after a few years off of surviving from fish in the river, growing their own vegetables and marijuana at a time when it was not legal, and that money they earned bought their supplies so they could live in the middle of the woods totally alone dozens of miles from the remotest of civilization.

This man shared the account of his encounter with a sasquatch when he was stalked and the results of what occurred afterward when his girlfriend/wife was also threatened…..it made him leave the forest.  And this is only one of hundreds of similar stories, so easily dismissed by skeptics because they don’t know the people.  There is a difference between a credible witness and a nut job.

During the time when I investigated this phenomenon myself, I actually met a man, who had a different but similar encounter in that he was a hunter.  And he went out every year to get elk for his family and they lived off fish from the river when he was young.  They were near St. Helens.  Anyway, I was in the bush looking for tracks and trying to film a real sasquatch, and a rain storm hit.  Long story short, the closest town was Cougar Washington.  We went there and stayed to ride out the storm and got the story from the owner of the campground/lodge.  He told quite a tale…I’ll send it on the next post in case people are tired of reading or want to skip it.

• Like 1

So, this guy who owned the place I mentioned was an elk hunter.  He would go in later years with his 4x4, and camp out a few days and come back with an elk.  According to him, one night he had an encounter near Goat Rocks, where a sasquatch surrounded his fire at night moving through the bush making menacing sounds at him.  Then it threw rocks at him.  He said the sound of the creature was incredibly frightening and it wasn’t bear because he knew that sound.  So, he takes out his 44, puts it against his chest in the sleeping bag within the tent all night, he never sleeps, but first thing in the morning he grabs his guns, leaves everything else behind, and never goes to the woods again.  That is the story that was shared with me from a man who was offering nothing but his word and asked for nothing in return - and that’s exactly how I would have done it myself.  FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Guyver said:

There are and have been some interesting video captures to consider since the Patterson/Gimlin film footage, including recent ones

Then share what you consider the best of them.

We all can share 2nd 3rd etc party stories but they are worthless as far as even evidence goes,

Thats not because im a skeptic its because stories only are proof to a true believer who didnt need proof to start with.

"Credible witness" yeah right, a stoned off the grid hippy sees BF so that must make it a living creature, lol.

For every "hunter saw BF" story you can share i have 2 of hunters just as if not more qualified who denounce BF.

When it comes to BF witnesses you must rule out,

BS artists, hoaxes, mistaken, mental illness, delusions, etc remember a person can be sincere and still be very wrong,  so of course the non true believer dismisses just a story.

I have more proof easter bunny is real.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

We all can share 2nd 3rd etc party stories but they are worthless as far as even evidence goes,

Thats not because im a skeptic its because stories only are proof to a true believer who didnt need proof to start with.

"Credible witness" yeah right, a stoned off the grid hippy sees BF so that must make it a living creature, lol.

For every "hunter saw BF" story you can share i have 2 of hunters just as if not more qualified who denounce BF.

BS artists, hoaxes, mistaken, mental illness, delusions, etc remember a person can be sincere and still be very wrong,  so of course the non true believer dismisses just a story.

Why?  You wouldn’t believe it anyway.  You don’t even seem to be capable of producing a real argument or question. All you do is post that weird smiley symbol as if it’s some type of insult, when the fact is that you probably don’t even understand the question.  Your opinion is so completely biased that it is of little or no value whatsoever.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Why do you say we all?  Do you speak for an entire audience of people?  What you really mean is that you would like to toss your lot in with the skeptics, who appear to have the winning hand right now because sasquatch is not scientifically proven, and is colloquially mocked as a real thing, like UFO’s, isn’t that what you mean?

My point is, and the one that has seemed to escape you, is that a single ounce of physical evidence, to go along with the evidence already gathered, proves this phenomenon real.  You don’t seem willing to accept this fact.

I know that Justin Smehaa or whatever his name is exists, he a forger!  Yeah, everybody knows this topic is full of forgeries, that’s a given.  No one is arguing that fact.  But, are you familiar with logic and scientific deduction?  Are you familiar with mathematics and probability?  Are you aware that recent scientific advancements in AI technology have allowed new views of the Patterson/Gimlin film footage and convinced some skeptics to arrive at new conclusions?  And that there is actually a thread on that in this forum right now?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Why?  You wouldn’t believe it anyway.  You don’t even seem to be capable of producing a real argument or question. All you do is post that weird smiley symbol as if it’s some type of insult, when the fact is that you probably don’t even understand the question.  Your opinion is so completely biased that it is of little or no value whatsoever.

You asked a question? i missed that in your long dragging stories of alleged BF sightings.

Im not here to argue or debate i never do i post my opinion on a topic and do not care who agrees or disagrees, pretty much everyones personal opinion is biased thats what makes it their personal opinion,

My click of emojis its really to praise or insult its more just silly fun knee jerk to a post, for God sakes dont let it so deeply upset you.

Back to the topic if you have a video or picture you deem as very likely really a Bigfoot please no cop out excuses post it,

But keep in mind the back story and info on it is important for credibilty and integrity some anonymous picture is about as worthless as stories.

13 Bats.  Please.  Out of respect for yourself as a human being, do not use the weird smiley again?!  I’m asking you.  Come up with something.  Some clever retort, some science, IDK….anything but the weird smiley.  It makes you look like a moron.  I mean, from my perspective.  I’m not speaking for anyone else.  To me, you look like an idiot when you use that smiley because it seems that you are working with junior high tactics….like passing notes and spreading gossip.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You asked a question? i missed that in your long dragging stories of alleged BF sightings.

Im not here to argue or debate i never do i post my opinion on a topic and do not care who agrees or disagrees, pretty much everyones personal opinion is biased thats what makes it their personal opinion,

My click of emojis its really to praise or insult its more just silly fun knee jerk to a post, for God sakes dont let it so deeply upset you.

Back to the topic if you have a video or picture you deem as very likely really a Bigfoot please no cop out excuses post it,

But keep in mind the back story and info on it is important for credibilty and integrity some anonymous picture is about as worthless as stories.

Why do you use the weird smiley icon to respond to my posts?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Why do you say we all?  Do you speak for an entire audience of people?  What you really mean is that you would like to toss your lot in with the skeptics, who appear to have the winning hand right now because sasquatch is not scientifically proven, and is colloquially mocked as a real thing, like UFO’s, isn’t that what you mean?

My point is, and the one that has seemed to escape you, is that a single ounce of physical evidence, to go along with the evidence already gathered, proves this phenomenon real.  You don’t seem willing to accept this fact.

I know that Justin Smehaa or whatever his name is exists, he a forger!  Yeah, everybody knows this topic is full of forgeries, that’s a given.  No one is arguing that fact.  But, are you familiar with logic and scientific deduction?  Are you familiar with mathematics and probability?  Are you aware that recent scientific advancements in AI technology have allowed new views of the Patterson/Gimlin film footage and convinced some skeptics to arrive at new conclusions?  And that there is actually a thread on that in this forum right now?

Are you okay?

The PGF thread yielded zero new evidence.

Dont speak for me while accusing and damning me for doing the same makes you look riduclous,

My remark you are hung up on..

25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My use if "we all" is in reference to those of us here discussing this, meaning it doesnt matter how many stories are shared they,are just stories nothing more.

The point that has escaped you in your true believer ravings is there isnt any not a shread of physical evidence to support BF, zero zip.