Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noises under my floor

TheGoldenBoy

Hello everyone,

I am writing this post because something relatively intriguing happened last night.
Around 1 year ago, I fitted out my cellar to be able to make a relaxation room where I can smoke, play, etc ... I also set up an office where there is my pc in a small room next to it.
So last night, when I was smoking, I was intrigued by barely audible noises. It came from the small room there was my pc. It was muffled noises, at first I thought it was my pc but after going into the room I discovered that my pc was off, but the noises continued but was more audible. What was my surprise when I remembered that in this small room there was a sort of "hatch" that I had covered with balatum during previous work. When I stuck my ear to the ground, where the "hatch" was, I was amazed that the noises were indeed coming from there! It was kind of irregular tapping mixed with kind of footsteps (footsteps could be tapping sounds a little less loud, I dunno), anyway it lasted ten minutes, and when I hit the ground hard, everything stopped, total silence, no more noise. Ok that was a little scary at the time, but after some thought I don't know what that could be. All I know is that this hatch I had opened it at the time, it led to a ladder that went down deep, but I never got down. It is true that I never asked myself the question where this led but now it arouses my curiosity. So suddenly, I wanted to know what these noises were? Was it from an animal origin? Because I would like to go and see but if I remove the balatum I want it to be for a reason that is worth it. I didn't want to take all the balatum off to notice that it was some stupid thing that made the noise.

4 hours ago, TheGoldenBoy said:

Hello everyone,

I am writing this post because something relatively intriguing happened last night.
Around 1 year ago, I fitted out my cellar to be able to make a relaxation room where I can smoke, play, etc ... I also set up an office where there is my pc in a small room next to it.
So last night, when I was smoking, I was intrigued by barely audible noises. It came from the small room there was my pc. It was muffled noises, at first I thought it was my pc but after going into the room I discovered that my pc was off, but the noises continued but was more audible. What was my surprise when I remembered that in this small room there was a sort of "hatch" that I had covered with balatum during previous work. When I stuck my ear to the ground, where the "hatch" was, I was amazed that the noises were indeed coming from there! It was kind of irregular tapping mixed with kind of footsteps (footsteps could be tapping sounds a little less loud, I dunno), anyway it lasted ten minutes, and when I hit the ground hard, everything stopped, total silence, no more noise. Ok that was a little scary at the time, but after some thought I don't know what that could be. All I know is that this hatch I had opened it at the time, it led to a ladder that went down deep, but I never got down. It is true that I never asked myself the question where this led but now it arouses my curiosity. So suddenly, I wanted to know what these noises were? Was it from an animal origin? Because I would like to go and see but if I remove the balatum I want it to be for a reason that is worth it. I didn't want to take all the balatum off to notice that it was some stupid thing that made the noise.

I would open it up, take a torch/flashlight and go down there, just for peace of mind.  Get  a friend to go with you and have another waiting for you to come back.  

Could be some sort of Cult!

Maybe the hatch was to gain access to the sewage drainage pipes? If so, one of your neighbors may have had some work done to their sewer system, and the sound resonated through the pipes under your house.

I find it hard to believe there's a hatch in the basement with a ladder going down into it and no one has ever checked that out.

If that was under my house you can be damn sure I would want to know what was down there, the second I found it. It could be a security issue, could be hidden treasure, could be a bunker, sewer access, anything. It's unnatural to ignore that.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OP fiction or not, do not enter a confined space like that without at least checking with an air monitor, especially with the relative elevation of it.

• Like 1

My house is full of sounds and noises, some more mundain than others,

The house was built in 1909 full cement floor 2k sqft basement with a well about the diameter of manhole, its about 3 ft down then full of dirt, red brick sides, cut off iron pipes sticking out, always sounds resonate in there, its natural, but weird cool.

My wife wants to dig deeper see whats in there, im more intrigued to dig where the old kitchen stove sat.

• Like 1