Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird feeling right before sleeping.

ZOXS

Sometimes right before I fall asleep and I’m really tired but can’t quite fall asleep yet, I’ll experience this weird deream-like state where it feels like I’m dreaming but I can wake up at any time by moving at all or opening my eyes because I still have control of my body.

If you are able to visualize in your mind, it’s kind of like that (I assume, I can’t actually do that) because I can mild it unlike normal non-lucid dreams.

sometimes I can move my hand in this dream like state and it almost  feels like I’m actually moving my hand in real life but I just have this feeling I’m not. 

is this a pre-cursor to lucid dreaming or astroprojecting? I’ve read years ago that waiting until you just fall asleep and then trying to move a body part in your mind is a starting goal for astral projecting but I’ve never been able to visualize in my mind very well.

I know astral projecting can take years of practice for most people but I just want to know if I’m on the right track or if this feeling is something else entirely? Either way, it’s a pretty cool feeling even though it’s shorter than I would like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive experenced all kinds of what some call sleep disorders, some are very wonderful and some are horrifying so make it what you desire,

Yours is something i can relate to however i do not believe in the whole leave the body or actually visit far away lands, AT/AP stuff, sure some do take it very serious but still the experence is all in the minds of the person, as we have yet to see anything to prove the claims.

Its easy, if a person can AT/AP then they can describe in detail some items in my room, in over 40 years not one taker, Just the go to...

"It doesnt work like that"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Ive experenced all kinds of what some call sleep disorders, some are very wonderful and some are horrifying so make it what you desire,

Yours is something i can relate to however i do not believe in the whole leave the body or actually visit far away lands, AT/AP stuff, sure some do take it very serious but still the experence is all in the minds of the person, as we have yet to see anything to prove the claims.

Its easy, if a person can AT/AP then they can describe in detail some items in my room, in over 40 years not one taker, Just the go to...

"It doesnt work like that"

It may work like that. I’ve read hundreds of experiences. Problem is finding people skilled enough to do it, who also care about proving it to you.

Like myself I’m able to reach the state of consciousness necessary to accomplish AP. I’m just not skilled enough to make it out of my neighborhood most times, let alone make it to where ever you live. 

Now I don’t know if I actually made it there that I’d see anything that’s really there, but even then to me it wouldn’t completely dismiss the idea all together. Some folks think that plain is like another dimension. I couldn’t say for sure. 

As to the OP, sounds like you are entering a trance state, but from my experience are missing a key component. Usually if you are about to project it starts with a vibration all over your body, or a loud noise like a buzzing. You may have been close to that though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It may work like that. I’ve read hundreds of experiences. Problem is finding people skilled enough to do it, who also care about proving it to you.

Like myself I’m able to reach the state of consciousness necessary to accomplish AP. I’m just not skilled enough to make it out of my neighborhood most times, let alone make it to where ever you live. 

Now I don’t know if I actually made it there that I’d see anything that’s really there, but even then to me it wouldn’t completely dismiss the idea all together. Some folks think that plain is like another dimension. I couldn’t say for sure. 

As to the OP, sounds like you are entering a trance state, but from my experience are missing a key component. Usually if you are about to project it starts with a vibration all over your body, or a loud noise like a buzzing. You may have been close to that though. 

The trick is to find someone you trust to give you correct information, make a plan to "visit" them and when you come back write the details down, then send those details to the person, with time and date and let them verify whether you were there or not.  That is how I was able to prove for myself that I was actually traveling astrally.  As for doing something like @the13bats asks I think it would take someone who is familiar with him, not necessarily know anything about his house, but at least know him face to face.   Maybe some very skilled remote viewer could do what he asks but I don't think I could (mostly because I don't do that kind of thing anymore).

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:45 AM, ZOXS said:

Sometimes right before I fall asleep and I’m really tired but can’t quite fall asleep yet, I’ll experience this weird deream-like state where it feels like I’m dreaming but I can wake up at any time by moving at all or opening my eyes because I still have control of my body.

If you are able to visualize in your mind, it’s kind of like that (I assume, I can’t actually do that) because I can mild it unlike normal non-lucid dreams.

sometimes I can move my hand in this dream like state and it almost  feels like I’m actually moving my hand in real life but I just have this feeling I’m not. 

is this a pre-cursor to lucid dreaming or astroprojecting? I’ve read years ago that waiting until you just fall asleep and then trying to move a body part in your mind is a starting goal for astral projecting but I’ve never been able to visualize in my mind very well.

I know astral projecting can take years of practice for most people but I just want to know if I’m on the right track or if this feeling is something else entirely? Either way, it’s a pretty cool feeling even though it’s shorter than I would like.

yes I have  those dreams to I can`nt move or  can`nt  see. but it not astral projecting that is not proved its just dreams  its just a feeling you feel you lost your way home.

Edited by docyabut2

11 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

yes I have  those dreams to I can`nt move or  can`nt  see. but it not astral projecting that is not proved its just dreams  its just a feeling you feel you lost your way home.

Not being able to move or see isn’t astral projection, not because AP hasn’t been proven, but because what you describe isn’t an out of body experience. 

Define proved?? Because there is zero doubt people are having what very much appears to be, very much feels like out of body experiences. 

To most who experience it, it doesn’t matter if it’s an actual out of body experience, or some advanced dream state. All I know is the one experiment I conducted, I got the information correct. Either way this subject is fascinating. 

Edited by preacherman76

On 1/14/2022 at 3:22 PM, Desertrat56 said:

The trick is to find someone you trust to give you correct information, make a plan to "visit" them and when you come back write the details down, then send those details to the person, with time and date and let them verify whether you were there or not.  That is how I was able to prove for myself that I was actually traveling astrally.  As for doing something like @the13bats asks I think it would take someone who is familiar with him, not necessarily know anything about his house, but at least know him face to face.   Maybe some very skilled remote viewer could do what he asks but I don't think I could (mostly because I don't do that kind of thing anymore).

On 1/14/2022 at 12:47 PM, preacherman76 said:

Lets be fair that was still a lot of "it doesnt work like that" just reworded , repackaged.

Stories are not proof, All you guys describe is nothing more than dreaming, not out of your mind travels, it hasnt been proven at all not to me, not to main stream , "if you did make it to my room you might not see anything really there" You mean if you "dreamed" you are in my room you arent really in my room, i agree.

No, it shouldnt take the text book tricks of cold reading to meet my challenge if your powers were real,

And when people come here boasting of special powers of course i say "prove it" and not make excuses, just do it, and believe you me it has to suck badly to sincerely believe you have special powers but zero proof just stories and excuses,

Reminds me of the 1950s giant rock ufo conventions 1000s of attendees most made claims of meeting aliens and travelling with said aliens to there planets, venus, mars, Jupiter, etc, remember this was the 50s,

Likely the best out is to just say you dont care about proving your special powers that you are good sharing stories with others content to blindly believe. so try not to hate me for being a cynical skeptic.

Edited by the13bats
typo
  • Like 1

Ok I’m not gonna do this with you. You are already on the defensive, and casting personal insults. The conversation just started. There was no need for you to say most of what you did, most of which isn’t even true. Special powers?? Forget you man. We haven’t spoken in months, and I have to put you back on ignore the very first post you responded back to me. 

Have a good day. 

Edited by preacherman76