Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Conspiracy Theories in January 2021

acidhead

19 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

And Clinton’s punishment? A freaking 8,000 dollar fine?? And near media silence. Tell me there is no deep state. 

There is no deep state. Who are they? How do you know they exist if they're so secret? If people know they exist, shouldn't they be called the "shallow state"?

Who...are...they???

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 5:10 AM, preacherman76 said:

Sure we do. It’s why gain of function should be illegal. And those created and funded it, who then blamed it on bats should be in prison. 

Gain of function is a common tool used in biological studies.

The jokers want to pretend that a collection of diseases should be compared to one disease. That's just the sort of foolishness I expect from those with a failed position.

They also strongly disregard that COVID-19 causes long term organ damage to many more people than those that are killed by the disease.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:02 AM, stereologist said:

The jokers want to pretend that a collection of diseases should be compared to one disease. That's just the sort of foolishness I expect from those with a failed position.

They also strongly disregard that COVID-19 causes long term organ damage to many more people than those that are killed by the disease.

Kids are experiencing that now with their liver https://gizmodo.com/kids-in-the-u-s-and-europe-are-coming-down-with-myster-1848798767

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:53 AM, stereologist said:

Gain of function is a common tool used in biological studies.

Yeah its working out great 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, preacherman76 said:

Yeah its working out great 

Apparently you have no idea what gain of function means. That's okay. You can go out learn what it means.

https://theconversation.com/why-gain-of-function-research-matters-162493

Scientists use a variety of techniques to modify organisms depending on the properties of the organism itself and the end goal. Some of these methods involve directly making changes at the level of genetic code. Others may involve placing organisms in environments that select for functions linked to genetic changes.

Gain of function can occur in an organism in either nature or the laboratory. Some lab examples include creating more salt- and drought-resistant plants or modifying disease vectors to produce mosquitoes that are resistant to transmitting dengue fever. Gain of function can also be useful for environmental reasons, such as modifying E. coli so that it can convert plastic waste into a valuable commodity.

In the current debate around SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, gain of function has a much narrower meaning related to a virus becoming easier to move between humans, or becoming more lethal in humans. It is important to remember, though, that the term “gain of function” by itself covers much more than this type of research.

This is a longer read and should be noted the difference in dual function and gain of function

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4996883/

GOFR is a subset of “dual-use research”—i.e., research that can be used for both beneficial and malevolent purposes (Miller and Selgelid 2008; National Research Council 2004). ‘Dual-use research of concern’ (DURC) refers to dual-use research for which the consequences of malevolent use would be exceptionally severe (whereas almost any research might be considered “dual-use” broadly conceived—because almost any research, or just about anything for that matter, can be used for some malevolent purpose or other). Of particular concern in the context of life science research is that advances in biotechnology may enable development and use of a new generation of biological weapons of mass destruction.

DURC has thus been one of the most hotly debated science policy issues during the 21st century, with controversy surrounding a series of published experiments with potential implications for biological weapons-making. Such studies include the genetic engineering of a superstrain of the mousepox virus in 2001 (Jackson et al. 2001), the artificial synthesis (via synthetic genomics) of a “live” polio virus from chemical components in 2002 (Cello et al. 2002), and the reconstruction (via synthetic genomics) of the 1918 “Spanish Flu” virus in 2005 (Tumpey et al. 2005). Though all of these studies involved legitimate aims, critics argued that they should not have been conducted and/or published. Some argued that publishing studies like these in full detail provided “recipes” for especially dangerous potential biological weapons agents to would-be bioterrorists. Many who acknowledged such potential dangers, on the other hand, argued that benefits of publication outweighed risks involved.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, preacherman76 said:

Sure we do. It’s why gain of function should be illegal. And those created and funded it, who then blamed it on bats should be in prison. 

You people should really gain some brain function.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

You people should really gain some brain function.

Yeah you are probably right. Clearly these programs have been a huge help to humanity. So what if the occasional nasty little bug gets out and slaughters millions from time to time. Keep the money flowing I say. 

22 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah you are probably right. Clearly these programs have been a huge help to humanity. So what if the occasional nasty little bug gets out and slaughters millions from time to time. Keep the money flowing I say. 

Is that what your controllers tell you to say?

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Is that what your controllers tell you to say?

You have no idea Rlyeh. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

You have no idea Rlyeh. 

I know you parrot whatever crap charlatans dribble into your ear.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I know you parrot whatever crap charlatans dribble into your ear.

I have charlatans dribbling in my ear? Wait what??

Are the charlatans my controllers? 

Edited by preacherman76

17 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I have charlatans dribbling in my ear? Wait what??

Are the charlatans my controllers? 

The same one telling you about FEMA camps.  They're still a thing right?

• Like 1

When people assume that they know what a word means without looking it up they often make up incorrect ideas about the subject.

The gain of function term seems to be commonly misunderstood by many CTers.

https://www.virology.ws/2021/09/09/gain-of-function-explained/

Many have the impression that GoF research involves making an organism more deadly – for example, increasing the capacity of a virus to cause disease. That impression is incorrect. Certainly GoF research might lead to a more dangerous organism, but most of the time that is not the goal.

There are two broad approaches to GoF research. I'll illustrate them with viruses but the principles could apply to any organism.

If you read this link, this comes from a polio researcher who needs to study the virus without infecting people.

But in the past 30 years GoF research has received a bad name. The catalyst was a series of experiments on highly pathogenic avian H5N1 influenza viruses. These viruses rarely infect humans and do not transmit well among people. In experiments to understand what limited transmission, the virus was genetically modified and passaged among ferrets. The result was a virus that could transmit among ferrets by respiratory droplets. These GoF experiments were met with criticism, entirely unwarranted as the passaged viruses had lost their virulence for ferrets! Nevertheless since then a dark cloud has unjustifiably hung over all GoF research.

In a recent podcast I listened to, the researcher was talking about the possibility of creating milk in essentially a microbrewery. A craft milk so to speak. That would reduce the impact of cattle on the landscape. That would allow milk production to be done in cities. Manure runoff into streams would be eased. How would this happen? Gain of function!

On 4/9/2022 at 9:07 PM, Trelane said:

There is no deep state. Who are they? How do you know they exist if they're so secret? If people know they exist, shouldn't they be called the "shallow state"?

Who...are...they???

@preacherman76are you going to answer these questions?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Its about time they start representing their tax.

Gain of function and the fear of making a virus ''more deadly''... on purpose? accidentally?

those uneducated enough to be frightened about vaccines or the current science should remember to consider that

the highest chance for a virus to mutate into becoming more deadly is through transmission.