Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Here is a sighting and got footage of a spinning object 13 April 2014 Any one know what this object

johncbdg

@johncbdg : at first I thought it was an out-of-focus spider :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It reminds me of fake fire torches, filmed from a distance. There's a bunch for sale on the internet, and folks can easily make their own. Like this video: 

• Like 2

Typical shaky out of focus spot on black background that could literally be anything. Nothing to see here, as per usual.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

It looks like more than one object but because of distance might of missed the blues and reds, but this is typical of helicopters at night.

Really bad video, could be in the sky could be a closet who knows.

• Like 1

An out of focus light in the night sky.  Probably a star.  Maybe a planet.   Possibly even an aircraft (navigation lights are often not visible depending in direction it's moving and how far away it is).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

An out of focus light in the night sky.  Probably a star.  Maybe a planet.   Possibly even an aircraft (navigation lights are often not visible depending in direction it's moving and how far away it is).

Nothing of the sort a star a planet a aircraft all ruled out hey a airplane spinning come on eh...

I see the kids are having fun replys to post again...

6 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Nothing of the sort a star a planet a aircraft all ruled out hey a airplane spinning come on eh...

I see the kids are having fun replys to post again...

Post something that isn't the typical out of focus shaky could-literally-be-anything trash and maybe the comments would improve.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Nothing of the sort a star a planet a aircraft all ruled out

I call.  Explain how you ruled them out, John.  Show all workings, so we can learn something.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I call.  Explain how you ruled them out, John.  Show all workings, so we can learn something.

We go down this road many times in here and alas we hide behind anonymous  i would share come over to facebook and join and read ...

Edited by johncbdg
big print

3 hours ago, johncbdg said:

We go down this road many times in here and alas we hide behind anonymous  i would share come over to facebook and join and read ...

When members post a topic on UM it is expected that any discussion is hosted on UM. Sending them to another site for info is frowned upon and against our forum rules.

1b. Recruitment: Do not recruit or invite members in to joining other sites, groups, services or forums.

If you have anything to share then please post it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 1/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, ChrLzs said:

So john, let me repeat the claim that you made here at UM.

The problem here is that you haven't shown or talked about any of the techniques by which you can rule out stars, planets and aircraft.  Or all the other things like sky lanterns, drones, LED balloons, satellites or other space junk, and so on.

The thing is, I do know most of the techniques that would rule out those things, and frankly, I don't think you've ruled out any of them - see below.

First, a few comments on that horrid quality footage... 

1. No tripod, or if it is on a tripod it is neither solid nor damped to give smooth motion tracking. My cheapest tripod, cost about $49, has excellent stability and a nicely damped movement to give smooth pans.

2. Terrible noise.  I've never seen such bad noise, but what is worse is the way it seems to freeze and jump every few frames, probably because of:

3. Ridiculous over-compression - the image is covered in jpeg compression artefacts and distortions - you should not be able to see all those weird squared off edge patterns and the horrible jumps as the noise seems to get ''stuck'' for multiple frames.  Youtube does sometimes over-compress imagery, but this one takes the cake...

I would also question what appears to be the use of some sort of night vision device instead of a proper visible light camera - using night vision would explain the awful noise levels and generally they don't have especially good optics.  When footage is this bad, making assumptions that the shapes shown are actually real and not some sort of artefact due to the bad optics and worse electronic processing, is not going to garner any credibility from knowledgeable video-/photo-graphers.

As for what it is.. it's going at the right sort of rate for either a satellite or a high flying jet aircraft.  Rule that out for me, would you john?

It's completely mundane and an utter waste of time.  I'm sick of seeing these, and they mostly come from the same source. 

20 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Looks like this (from John's blog) :

Thank  you for posting i think that was the first sighting of the TITAN 4B R/B you may think it looks like it but it is not same a update has been posted 

Edited by johncbdg
clues

7 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Thank  you for posting i think that was the first sighting of the TITAN 4B R/B

Here is the that footage both have been updated on what we know what object was 

14 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

Thank  you for posting i think that was the first sighting of the TITAN 4B R/B 

4 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Thank  you for posting i think that was the first sighting of the TITAN 4B R/B you may think it looks like it but it is not same a update has been posted 

4 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Here is the that footage both have been updated on what we know what object was 

Your threads are confusing when you update your videos in them. For example, this current spinning UFO video which you've already posted in 2014, now shows a video of what you say is the first sighting of the TITAN 4B R/B? Followed by 3 more of the same video in the same post and relating to different UFO sightings.

13 April 2014 11.05 pm Spinning UFO

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 11:18 AM, Still Waters said:

When members post a topic on UM it is expected that any discussion is hosted on UM. Sending them to another site for info is frowned upon and against our forum rules.

If you have anything to share then please post it here.

The post on the Footage on 24 Nov 2021 was posted on a thread i pointed out we filmed the TITAN 4B R/B and we filmed same object on 13 Nov 2021 

Just now, johncbdg said:

The post on the Footage on 24 Nov 2021 was posted on a another thread not this one i pointed out we filmed the TITAN 4B R/B and we filmed same object on 13 Nov 2021 and i posted a reoply to Abramelin on this thread??

A

2 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

The post of the TITAN 4B R/B was to the post about TR3B 

I shall repeat my requests and comments - John, please answer the questions asked of you.  Earlier you said:

As I stated earlier - you haven't shown or talked about any of the techniques by which you can rule out stars, planets and aircraft.  Or all the other things like sky lanterns, drones, LED balloons, satellites or other space junk, and so on.

So tell us about how you ruled out those things.

While you are at it, you might want to address my critique of ...

1. No tripod, or if it is on a tripod it is neither solid nor damped to give smooth motion tracking. My cheapest tripod, cost about $49, has excellent stability and a nicely damped movement to give smooth pans.

2. Terrible noise.  I've never seen such bad noise, but what is worse is the way it seems to freeze and jump every few frames, probably because of:

3. Ridiculous over-compression - the image is covered in jpeg compression artefacts and distortions - you should not be able to see all those weird squared off edge patterns and the horrible jumps as the noise seems to get ''stuck'' for multiple frames.  Youtube does sometimes over-compress imagery, but this one takes the cake...

I would also question what appears to be the use of some sort of night vision device instead of a proper visible light camera - using night vision would explain the awful noise levels and generally they don't have especially good optics.  When footage is this bad, making assumptions that the shapes shown are actually real and not some sort of artefact due to the bad optics and worse electronic processing, is not going to garner any credibility from knowledgeable video-/photo-graphers.

As for what it is.. it's going at the right sort of rate for either a satellite or a high flying jet aircraft. (Note that the object appears to be 'bloomed', which is a common problem on IR/nightvision footage.  As photographers know - once something blooms out, be it from overexposure or mis-focusing - you cannot make assumptions about its shape.

Rule all that out for me, would you john?

• Like 1