Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Fans Are Getting Fed Up With Curse Of Oak Island Season 9

rashore

"The Curse of Oak Island" is a modern-day treasure hunt centuries in the making. Brothers Rick and Marty Lagina, along with the rest of their crew, have scoured a great deal of the titular 140-acre island off the coast of Nova Scotia in hopes of finding proof of the fabled lost treasures that were supposedly buried there. The series is in Season 9 and while they have found some historical relics and anthropological items, they have yet to locate any hidden bounty of significance.

Guided by hand-drawn maps and old notes, the Lagina brothers and their compatriots have used many different kinds of tools and heavy machinery in their search of locations on the island. So far, Season 9 has seen the Oak Island Fellowship spend most of their time in the areas of the swamp and the supposed location of the legendary Oak Island money pit, and the Laginas believe that they may be close to finally uncovering the mystery of Oak Island. However, it seems that fans of the show are starting to harbor some rather strong doubts.

https://www.looper.com/719733/why-fans-are-getting-fed-up-with-curse-of-oak-island-season-9/

The second the show gets canceled they will abandon Oak Island like a sinking ship.  What once was a dream of Rick is now just a $$$ grab, because even he realized long ago that IF there was any treasure there its long been hauled away.

• Like 2

Yeah, I believe whatever value the island might have had at one time is gone or otherwise spoilt. I don't know if there was any real treasure or not, but there has been some interesting other stuff that has been fairly well mucked up at this point. Not just by these guys, but also by some of the previous efforts. 

• Like 2

The speculations they have are irritatingly stupid.  And an archaeologist who can't tell a cross from a crucifix is not a very good model for the profession.  Of course, medieval artifacts aren't his purview, but... still....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

The speculations they have are irritatingly stupid.  And an archaeologist who can't tell a cross from a crucifix is not a very good model for the profession.  Of course, medieval artifacts aren't his purview, but... still....

What is the difference between a cross and a crucifix?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rashore said:

A cross is just a cross whereas a crucifix has a depiction of Jesus. 

Catholic-and-Cristian-Crosses.jpg

• Like 4

Another cross:

Screenshot_20220104-212247_Firefox.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grath said:

The second the show gets canceled they will abandon Oak Island like a sinking ship.  What once was a dream of Rick is now just a $$$ grab, because even he realized long ago that IF there was any treasure there its long been hauled away.

When I read about the place in the 70's some one had already dug down to the bedrock. So I am not sure what he is hoping to find except for disturbed ground. As you noted its just for ego and money now

• Like 2

It's also annoying because you can fast forward through 1 hour episodes and watch every relevant but of new info in about 12 minutes.

A whole series only has about 2 hours of actual intersting top pocket finds and discoveries.

A good cracking code hunt better than the treasure diggery... 

Parts I, II & III

Or just skip to part iii for the oak island X marks the "Mercy" ... 

~

090-Shugborough.jpg

From Shakespeare to Shugborough... 

~

Edited by SHaYap
Addendum

6 hours ago, rashore said:

Thanos gave a really good example.  Mistaking a cross with a loop for a chain for a crucifix (the ones in the Templar area are crucifixes with really badly drawn figures...as well as some crosses) is a mistake someone makes if they're not Catholic or not well versed in Christian symbology or not familiar with ancient European Christian symbols.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rashore said:

That's absolutely shocking! It really has fans!?!?!??!

• Haha 4

When i was young this case intrigued me but as i aged a few things came together,

The whole farse was based on stories told, retold embellished etc, zero evidence of merit supports any treasure was ever there.

So anything found in that hole is a kin to finding junk in any landfill or backyard, it could very well been dropped discarded there but the cynic in me doesnt rule out some players along the way deliberately salted it to gain viewers.

This show based on it is like the shows hunting bigfoot, ghosts, aliens they never produce the topic they are after but while ratings are good money is made.

• Like 4

The udders are dry in this one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I feel pretty certain that the group with Roosevelt found and carried away any treasure. Some in that group became very very wealthy seemingly out of nowhere.

a lot of the wood they are drilling out is from that endeavor; is my guess.

Good show. I don’t ever have the time to watch it though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification on crucifix and cross folks. I feel like I should have figured that one out on my own now that its obvious, lol. And I don't know the show well enough to know they found something like that. Fun stuff to be found, but still mostly a spoiled site for me. I can understand why even longtime fans have grown tired of this. There really is only so much air time folks can come up with on a specific thing like this. And really with things like this, most of it should be boring stuff not really entertaining enough for TV. Like research and methodical grid working and such. 

It's like a bunch of spooky shows- only oh so much active hunting to come up with, and really if one is going to hunt, it's mostly boring research and quiet monitoring stuff. So shows eventually go stale. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rashore said:

Thanks for the clarification on crucifix and cross folks. I feel like I should have figured that one out on my own now that its obvious, lol. And I don't know the show well enough to know they found something like that. Fun stuff to be found, but still mostly a spoiled site for me. I can understand why even longtime fans have grown tired of this. There really is only so much air time folks can come up with on a specific thing like this. And really with things like this, most of it should be boring stuff not really entertaining enough for TV. Like research and methodical grid working and such. 

It's like a bunch of spooky shows- only oh so much active hunting to come up with, and really if one is going to hunt, it's mostly boring research and quiet monitoring stuff. So shows eventually go stale. 

Oak Island was a boring, wore out "mystery" fifty years ago when I first read about it. It hasn't aged like fine wine, either.

• Like 3

I still watch it.  I used to tune in because it was kind of fun to watch how they would screw up different digs and make so many mistakes.   I don't really believe any of it.  They are an entertainment show and not required to be honest.  I think most stuff they find was planted.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think most stuff they find was planted. 

Hi Myles

This is one of the oldest locations in Canada of European contact so they may not have had to plant anything and just found stuff of no consequence in situ. I lived in the middle of nowhere when I was a kid and found an 1892 2 shilling S. African coin under the porch of a townhouse unit we lived in back in the 60s. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

This is one of the oldest locations in Canada of European contact so they may not have had to plant anything and just found stuff of no consequence in situ. I lived in the middle of nowhere when I was a kid and found an 1892 2 shilling S. African coin under the porch of a townhouse unit we lived in back in the 60s. 

That is certainly possible.     Just the way they jump from dig to dig makes it seem like it is all for the ratings.   Just my opinion though.  

It is always fun to find old things but to date when is was put there can be deceiving.   Like your coin.  The Liginas would say that it dates that people were there in 1892 when it could have been dropped there much later.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is certainly possible.     Just the way they jump from dig to dig makes it seem like it is all for the ratings.   Just my opinion though.  

It is always fun to find old things but to date when is was put there can be deceiving.   Like your coin.  The Liginas would say that it dates that people were there in 1892 when it could have been dropped there much later.  

Hi Myles

That's the difference between low brow comedy and ancient aliens.:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

That's the difference between low brow comedy and ancient aliens.:lol:

that's one show I cannot stand.   They do not give valid arguments against the stuff they claim.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Myles

Yes sad to say that is what entertainment is. I stream movies on tv for voices in the background mostly and last night it was b grade boob movies that I didn't watch while being here at the forum. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

Yes sad to say that is what entertainment is. I stream movies on tv for voices in the background mostly and last night it was b grade boob movies that I didn't watch while being here at the forum. :lol:

Dave, I really think you should sit down, take a stress pill and think things over.:alien:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Dave, I really think you should sit down, take a stress pill and think things over.:alien:

Hi Hammer

Why are you calling me Dave/   is that is the blue pill thing I don't know much about it am presently going through m, 50th year of puberty

Edited by jmccr8
  • Haha 1