Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dr Robert Malone interview on Joe Rogan podcast

RavenHawk

16 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Surely you're not serious?

Very serious.  And my comment garnered exactly the reaction I was looking for.  This society has become so paranoid and sick (mentally).  Sure, as I’ve said, it’s gross when someone sneezes or coughs out in the open or into someone’s face, but a few years ago, it wouldn’t have been a federal case.  Social norms would have monitored that action (individual responsibility).  We were taught growing up that when in public to use our handkerchief whenever we needed to cough of sneeze.  I still carry one even today.  What’s gross is wearing a soaked face mask.  That not only has your germs but every other person’s germs that you’ve gone by and you’re breathing all that in.  That’s what causes bronchitis (upper repertory inflammation). 

WHAT? Your reaction isn't to cough into your arm with the mask on, but to actually remove the mask and then cough into your arm/hand/etc?

Well Duh!  That’s why I use a handkerchief.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

No, it’s not.  It just shows how far decoupled (MFP) you are from society.

So the doc is using what looks like vape from an e-cig to demonstrate the inefficacy of masks... I see... and you took it as evidence that masks don't work...

Again, Well Duh!  You don’t believe your eyes?

Here's a video to counter yours:

https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s

Actually it doesn’t.  But I see where the confusion is, so we’re going to need to refine definitions here.  The confusion is in the term aerosol.  I tried to explain earlier but it went past people.  We actually have two types of aerosol.  Simply call them ‘light’ and ‘heavy’.  Light are just the covid molecules free floating.  heavy are the aerosolized droplets of spittle that the covid molecule may attach to.  In order to see the full picture, you’ll need to superimpose your clip and mine.  In mine, the smoke represents the unseen ‘light aerosol’ covid molecules (remember that the covid molecule is only 0.1 micron in diameter).  If the covid molecules were visible in your clip, the entire frame would be filled with smoke.  I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed, but for me, if I’m at one end of a big room and someone at the other end lights up a cigarette, I can smell that instantaneously.  Meaning that the unhindered covid molecules travel faster than aerosolized spittle and is more encompassing. 

It's the heavier, larger respiratory droplets that are of concern, because those are carrying a higher viral load than smaller, aerosolized droplets.

I’ve just shown that they are not of concern.  If you are unmasked and standing within 6 feet of somebody and sneeze directly into their face, then yes, that is of concern.  But since when is this a society that goes around sneezing into people’s faces like dogs sniffing each other’s butts?  Do we not have some decorum?  Or do we need the state to impose restrictions before we can breathe? 

The masks catch these large droplets and prevent them from becoming aerosolized,

Yes, masks stop the large droplets but those are of little concern as most fall to the ground right after leaving the mouth/nose.  When it leaves the mouth/nose, it is already aerosolized.

so the only droplets getting through are those with minimal viral load.

Not necessarily.  It’s not always about size.  It only takes one, like fertilizing an egg, it is the first one in that gets the prize. 

It’s like tossing basketballs and ping pong balls at a chain-linked fence. Some of the ping png balls will get through, but the basketballs won’t.

We’re talking about pee-wee marbles and smaller.  Throwing marbles through a chain-linked fence vs basketballs will see more marbles going through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

It only takes one, like fertilizing an egg, it is the first one in that gets the prize. 

Are you talking about a single droplet, or a single virion (virus particle)?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

After hearing Dr. Malone maligned, I thought I would try and listen to the full 3 hour + interview. I was so impressed I mentioned him to my friend Sue and she turned me onto this:

https://nehls.house.gov/posts/joe-rogan-experience-1757-dr-robert-malone-md-full-transcript

...put into the Congressional Record :)

12 minutes ago, Gummug said:

After hearing Dr. Malone maligned, I thought I would try and listen to the full 3 hour + interview. I was so impressed I mentioned him to my friend Sue and she turned me onto this:

https://nehls.house.gov/posts/joe-rogan-experience-1757-dr-robert-malone-md-full-transcript

...put into the Congressional Record :)

Did you tell your friend about how he is lying about being the inventor of mRNA technology? 

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Did you tell your friend about how he is lying about being the inventor of mRNA technology? 

Certainly he didn't invent it single handedly, but that's not what he is claiming is it? And he did make contributions is my understanding...

1 hour ago, Gummug said:

Certainly he didn't invent it single handedly, but that's not what he is claiming is it? And he did make contributions is my understanding...

That's exactly what he claims at his LinkedIn account.

Check out professional insights posted by Robert Malone, Inventor of mRNA vaccines and DNA vaccines; world-wide expert in RNA technologies.

• Like 1

Looks like this Mass Formation Psychosis stuff is just what I thought it was and is about as well supported scientifically as Bigfoot, probably less.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-health-joe-rogan-ap-fact-check-a87b1044c6256968dcc33886a36c949f

CLAIM: The concept of “mass formation psychosis” explains why millions of people believe in a mainstream COVID-19 “narrative” and trust the safety and efficacy of the vaccines.

THE FACTS: Malone highlighted the unfounded theory on a podcast hosted by comedian and commentator Joe Rogan. During the episode, Malone cast doubt on COVID-19 vaccine safety and claimed the mass psychosis has resulted in a “third of the population basically being hypnotized” into believing what Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, and mainstream news outlets say.

Malone went on to say that the phenomenon explained Nazi Germany.

Psychology experts say there is no support for the “psychosis” theory described by Malone.

“To my knowledge, there’s no evidence whatsoever for this concept,” said Jay Van Bavel, an assistant professor of psychology and neural science at New York University who recently co-authored a book on group identities. Van Bavel said he had never encountered the phrase “mass formation psychosis” in his years of research, nor could he find it in any peer-reviewed literature.

“The concept has no academic credibility,” Stephen Reicher, a social psychology professor at the University of St Andrews in the U.K., wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

The term also does not appear in the American Psychological Association’s Dictionary of Psychology.

Richard McNally, a professor of clinical psychology at Harvard University, wrote in an email that people who support COVID-19 vaccines and public health guidance are not delusional. Rather, they are “fully responsive to the arguments and evidence adduced by the relevant scientific experts.”

The description of “mass formation psychosis” offered by Malone resembles discredited concepts, such as “mob mentality” and “group mind,” according to John Drury, a social psychologist at the University of Sussex in the U.K. who studies collective behavior. The ideas suggest that “when people form part of a psychological crowd they lose their identities and their self-control; they become suggestible, and primitive instinctive impulses predominate,” he said in an email.

That notion has been discredited by decades of research on crowd behavior, Drury said. “No respectable psychologist agrees with these ideas now,” he said.

(Cue ad hom attacks on these experts credibility and usual irrelevant dancing and hand-waving around the empty hole where their evidence should be)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Looks like this Mass Formation Psychosis stuff is just what I thought it was and is about as well supported scientifically as Bigfoot, probably less.

It is ironic that those who don't follow the methods or logic of  the scientific method  based on evidence are still impressed by the sound of the jargon.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I'm not surprised. I actually didn't care enough to research into these MFP labels that @RavenHawk was tossing around, but thanks for looking into it!

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'm not surprised. I actually didn't care enough to research into these MFP labels that @RavenHawk was tossing around, but thanks.

Yea, that article is just from yesterday and just happened to see it by chance on my news app.  I had googled the term when it was first mentioned and the only references I found were to this Rogan interview, which was a pretty big red flag.  If your concept doesn't even merit a page on wikipedia then that's a pretty good sign of how supported it isn't, at least yet.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 2:29 PM, Liquid Gardens said:

I'm quite clear what the point is, here it is again:  you are labelling things you believe facts, not showing they are facts.

I label things as fact because they are.  They don’t have to be just your facts to be facts.  Do I need to prove that 2 + 2 = 4?  BTW, I have shown them to be true.  I can lead you to water but I can’t make you drink.  Science is strong enough to handle criticism and dissension.  Science seeks the truth.  Science wouldn’t be science if there weren’t opposing views.  Science is neither narrative (one sided) nor consensus.

Such as the above, I thought you were concerned about facts. 

Absolutely!  What are the long-term affects of the vaccines?  Where are those facts?  Without that, it becomes the do not pass go, do not collect $200 question.  This is what makes forcing these vaccines a violation of the Nuremberg code.  There is no informed consent without all the facts.

If vaccines are ineffective, then why are your chances of being hospitalized many times greater for the unvaccinated, what's your explanation for that discrepancy if it's not that vaccines are effective?

Because the numbers are skewed.  People go into the hospital for all sorts of reasons.  They get tested positive for covid and then they become a hospitalized covid case.  Meaning that they are probably asymptomatic in the first place.  The only claim that these so-called vaccines make is to ease one’s symptoms, not keep you out of the hospital.  If you were on death’s doorstep, and was vaccinated, you’d still be hospitalized for a time.  With 80% of the people having no symptoms or mild symptoms, those aren’t going to be the ones hospitalized for coming in with covid.  We really don’t have any numbers to indicate how many deaths these experimental drugs are preventing??  In fact, the daily numbers are static or increasing.  And the percentage of vaccinated are over taking the unvaccinated.  The way Fauci has defined being fully vaccinated, no one will ever be fully vaccinated.  Just this morning I saw in the obituaries that someone had died unexpectedly on Christmas day.  Someone I knew also passed away unexpectedly on Christmas.  The papers are full of people dying unexpectedly all of a sudden.  People with covid just don’t kick off that quickly.  And when they do, it’s because they are hospitalized and on Remdesivir (renal failure).  My guess is that they just recently had a jab!  Someone who has gotten their last shot within 14 days and they die with (not from) covid, it is still listed as a covid death.

You show zero expertise or knowledge of medicine, virology, epidemiology, so really and logically the safe thing is to give your totally inexpert opinions the weight they do not deserve. 

You keep trying to belittle me, primarily because you have no counter.  I don’t need a degree to understand this stuff and much of what I do know comes from those that are experts in the field.  Yes, I listen to Fauci and Malone or Atlas, and many others.  I listen to what they say and I make up my own mind.  You have not shown anything to indicate anything of what you say carries weight.  I have the skill to play baseball well, but I’m not a professional ball player.  If I hit a homerun, it’s not really a homerun?  If I strike out the side, I’m not a pitcher?  One doesn’t need to have advanced degrees to think and understand.

As opposed to you acting out of irrational fear that everyone's going to be manipulated and of people that supposedly want to seize power over us?  

You are very oblivious to what is going on.  You may claim to be in the scientific realm, but as far as politics, you’re a fish out of water.  It has nothing to do with fear but awareness and vigilance.  These people have very clearly stated what they want to do.  Pack the courts, nullify the filibuster, mail-in ballots, and legalizing ballot harvesting, will create a one-party state, as any other dictator has seized power in history.  This prick in office has done nothing but to destroy this nation and our culture.  His (well, his handlers) intent is to destroy the Constitution.  They’ve already laid plans out for that.  If they continue this course, they will have real violence on their hands.  It will be like the French Revolution and their heads will be on the chopping block.  That is not a threat, it is human nature to depose tyrants and they are doing it to themselves.  Even some on the Left are beginning to wonder if they’ve gone too far Left?  We are getting close to the point where only force can reverse this course.  If all goes well at the midterms, we might be able to avoid bloodshed, but I really fear we won’t survive the year till then.  It’ll be close.  If the Supreme Court shoots down Osha, we might have a chance to reverse this without bloodshed.  But then including the stopping of the ‘Build Back Better’ bill, this Administration will be a wounded animal and will strike out against the people even more.  But I think that the free states will push back.  And even more will flee the blue-states.  Change and opportunity are coming!

That is a very incomplete analysis;

I haven’t seen one better.

what, are all people only 6 feet away now? 

That’s the definition of social distancing.  Which is arbitrary anyway.

What if I'm 20 feet away, am I still exposed to hundreds of billions of covid molecules? 

Absolutely!  Molecules can travel very fast (note my cigarette example).  Or even look at the Double-Slit theory.

You've accounted for air flow and currents? 

Not necessary.  Some molecules will be carried away and others toward.  There will be flow regardless.

At what rate have you computed that the spread of covid molecules decreases by distance?

Not necessary.  You make it too complex when it shouldn’t be.  Leave that to number crunchers.  It only takes one molecule.  I assume that you’ve seen the air around a city during an inversion?  It’s a haze that spreads over the city.  This haze is filled with all sorts of particles, including any number of viruses.  Now we add covid to that mix.  We constantly have a replenishing supply (seven billion souls breathing) of covid surrounding everything, like Pigpen.  This is where particle kinetics comes in.

This is why it is very difficult to take you seriously. 

It’s difficult because you know that I am right.  You can’t deal with it.  We are ideological opposites.  You can attack the messenger but not the message.

A published experiment, with actual measurements and stuff, that you have no knowledge of is inaccurate

That’s immaterial.  A published experiment, peer reviewed, can be wrong as anything else.  If the model is incomplete, so will be the results.  That happens all the time.  It is all part of the scientific process.  You literally go back to the drawing board and revise.

because of your inexpert analysis of pictures and a video you saw on the internet. 

You should consider the weight of the material rather than where it is posted.  The clip that I provided is simplicity.  That is how science should be.  You can’t disprove that clip.  Read my reply to @Nuclear Wessel.  I super impose their clip and mine and mine still stands and augments his.

I really wish there was a facepalm emoji available.

People post them all the time.  I’d be posting one all the time too, but why?  It gets boring.

So 200,000 Americans who had fewer comorbidities died of covid, yea, totally insignificant, not worth ‘focusing our efforts on’.

Didn’t say that it is insignificant.  I said that we could be more efficient if we focused on and treated those that have a higher chance of dying.  We don’t have the numbers yet, but I suspect that more people have died from the jab than have been saved from dying from covid with this vaccine.  And more will die years down the road or wish that they were.

You'll forgive if I don't exactly trust your powers of over-the-internet diagnoses/telepathy of internet comments from anonymous posters.

I expect you to not trust me.  That’s neither here nor there.  For one, you are already subverted and two, you need to do your own research.  Sooner or later, you will realize that what I am saying is correct.  Usually, it is too late when that happens.

Especially since you are having trouble with simple facts.

I am?  Gee, that’s news to me.  I think you are so brainwashed that you couldn’t identify a fact if it was right in your face.  And most of your reply here proves it.  You seem to be spending a lot of time attacking me rather than the material I present.  You provide no counter, you’re just acting out.  That’s, rule 13 of Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals.

I really haven't paid much attention to your mentions on MFP,

That’s obvious.  I doubt you would understand it anyway, because you fall into that 30% that are lost.

maybe that'd be a better topic. Let's start with the basic: what exactly is it and what science supports its existence? 

I’ve been working on a post of that nature, but I’ll mull on it some more before I do.  Did you not look at the list I provided in this thread.  This thread was meant to analyze how this madness of covid is part of MFP.  Just look for the stuff Mattias Desmet has published and even to an extent, Yuri Bezmenov’s warning about ideological subversion.  We are seeing that happen right before our eyes.

I looked it up on wiki but got routed to a page on mass and mob hysteria. 

Yeah, that’s what usually happens.  That is related though.  You need to know a little more to find it.  Try using duckduckgo.  And use those names to search on.

It'd be best if you could explain it in summary yourself to better understand what you think it is.

I know exactly what it is about.  I’ve been witnessing it for a long time even before I knew Mattias and Yuri were out there.  I’m working on a post but you could probably get more out of researching it yourself.  I will try to get something out this week??  But I can tell you what will happen.  The Conservative, free thinking mind will tend to accept it and mull on it and the Marxist, closeminded will totally reject it.  In a way, that is how I know I am right.  Just by how the Marxists react.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

It only takes one molecule.

I look forward to your findings being in Nature. I am very curious as to how you reached that conclusion, being that it is not unheard of for an "infectious dose" (the amount of virion required for an infection to occur within the host) to be in the range of hundreds to potentially thousands of virions (as is the case with the MERS virus).

This is why I asked you in a previous response as to what you meant by "it only takes one", because a droplet can carry many thousands of virions, depending on the size... which is why the larger, non-aerosolized droplets are so concerning (as they house a much higher concentration of the virii).

You claim to support science yet you make absolutely risible claims like this.

:-*

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Science is strong enough to handle criticism and dissension.  Science seeks the truth.  Science wouldn’t be science if there weren’t opposing views.  Science is neither narrative (one sided) nor consensus.

You missed the point on science.  It is science because it relies on collecting and analyzing  data to support or disprove a premise, not because there are opposing views.   

If you are sitting in a room with two guys and one says it is raining outside and the other says it is sunny, you can sit there and reason that there are opposing views, so they are equal. That is not science.  Science is getting off your butt and looking outside yourself.  Choose the view supported by facts.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong. In that simple statement is the key to science. Prof. Richard Feynman.

• Like 5

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theories on aerosol droplet size are or how well you explain them.  The only thing that  matters is the data.  Is there a statistical difference in transmission rates of those who wear masks and those who do not?  Is there a statistical difference in hospitalizations and deaths of those who are vaccinated and those who are not?  The whole point  of masks and vaccinations is results vs. control groups that do not do one or both. There seems to be data floating around to answer that experiment.  

• Like 5

On 1/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, Liquid Gardens said:

That's why rates are being compared and not raw counts.  Population density would seemingly be a factor but you've got a lot of work to do to show that accounts for a 30-fold difference between our countries.  The population density of most of America is low, and those low population density areas have not been close to immune to covid.  Mississippi and Alabama are in the lower half of states population density-wise and are number 1 and 2 for covid death rates.

For one, you’re comparing apples to oranges.  Rates alone do not give the full picture.  The US has a 13-fold of population over Australia.  That intrinsically implies a much higher density.  Which means that the chance of spread is greater.  Various states from time to time will fluctuate to the top but NY, NJ, and CT hold that top spot more often.  I would say that Australia’s population is far more less dense (total area is just a little less than the US) than the low-density areas in the US.  Other factors are comorbidities, like age and obesity.  I’m sure that the US is aging faster than Australia and our diet has got to be one of the worse in the 1st world.  I do not know what Australia’s policy is on treating covid, but here in the US, treatment is virtually banned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

For one, you’re comparing apples to oranges.  Rates alone do not give the full picture.  The US has a 13-fold of population over Australia.  That intrinsically implies a much higher density.  Which means that the chance of spread is greater.  Various states from time to time will fluctuate to the top but NY, NJ, and CT hold that top spot more often.  I would say that Australia’s population is far more less dense (total area is just a little less than the US) than the low-density areas in the US.  Other factors are comorbidities, like age and obesity.  I’m sure that the US is aging faster than Australia and our diet has got to be one of the worse in the 1st world.  I do not know what Australia’s policy is on treating covid, but here in the US, treatment is virtually banned.

Hang on.  A greater population density increases transmission, but social distancing doesn't work?

Population density isn't a real world figure when you include areas that aren't populated. It becomes a metric that's, you know, decoupled from society.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

You missed the point on science.  It is science because it relies on collecting and analyzing  data to support or disprove a premise, not because there are opposing views.  

I think it is you that missed it.  They are opposing views because there are collecting and analyzing data to support or disprove a premise.

If you are sitting in a room with two guys and one says it is raining outside and the other says it is sunny, you can sit there and reason that there are opposing views, so they are equal. That is not science.  Science is getting off your butt and looking outside yourself.  Choose the view supported by facts.

That’s a poor example and in keeping with the intent of the example, I’ll give an equally poor response.  It’s raining someplace.  Or if you go up to 80k ft it’ll always be sunny when the sun is up.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong. In that simple statement is the key to science. Prof. Richard Feynman.

It does agree with the experiment.  That’s what makes it “beautiful”.  You don’t need gages and measuring tapes, just your two eyes and common sense.

But getting it back to covid, you have millions that are vaccinated and masked, yet this population is getting covid just as much as any other group.  Is there a rash of people taking off their masks just to spit in each other’s face?  Or is it from the light aerosol that escapes from around the mask that infects others?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Hang on.  A greater population density increases transmission, but social distancing doesn't work?

The six-foot distance doesn’t seem to be all that effective.

Population density isn't a real world figure when you include areas that aren't populated. It becomes a metric that's, you know, decoupled from society.

Well, I don’t.  But in those regions with just a population of 1, covid will also be there.

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2022 at 2:49 PM, and then said:

IMO, they're already so far gone in the tribalism that they'd approve of government incarcerating those who refuse this vaccine.  Indeed, I'm not sure that even that would satisfy them.  Remember that this current wave may well signal the end of this virus as anything beyond an endemic infection more similar to seasonal influenza than a plague.  It truly is dispiriting what many people are capable of doing "for the greater good".  :no:

Omicron may end this but the Left will not be so willing to end the emergency.  They still need to insure mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting.  They’ll find something…

One would think that after Nuremberg, we wouldn’t see this again??  The world has gone mad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:42 PM, Katniss said:

Listen if you truly believe what you are telling us here, why are you wasting your time on the net posting these things when you could be out in the real world doing something about it? :)

I do.  I’ve seen it as it’s happening over the last fifty years or more, just didn’t have the words to express it.  When you see this, you can’t unsee it.  Other people have described this and now I not only have my experiences and knowledge but documentation to share it.  One has to start someplace.  I need to learn how to express myself on this and learn how to deal with the negative responses, as most of them are failed attempts at ignoring the facts.  I’m always writing stuff to get my thoughts in order.  If nobody listens to me here, what chance is there of anybody listening to me elsewhere?  But I can add my voice to the warning and when those that didn’t listen before will be in for a rude awakening.  That will be my sad satisfaction.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The US has a 13-fold of population over Australia.  That intrinsically implies a much higher density. 

No, it doesn't... that is not how that works.

China has a 341 fold of population over Kuwait, but Kuwait has a much higher population density.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

No, it doesn't... that is not how that works.

China has a 341 fold of population over Kuwait, but Kuwait has a much higher population density.

I think you just proved my point.  Kuwait has a population of 4 or 5 million spread out over 17k sq mi.  And much of it is uninhabitable.  Say NYC has almost 9 million in 300 sq mi.  We could do this all day.  Are you trying to say that Kuwait has a higher number of cases (but fewer deaths) than China?  For one China is probably under counting theirs as we are over count ours.  I wouldn’t trust either.  But the point is that when it comes to comparing really big countries to really small countries, ‘per million’ is an inaccurate way of comparison.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I think you just proved my point.

Your point was the following:

50 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

That intrinsically implies a much higher density. 

And I was demonstrating that it does no such thing.

6 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Are you trying to say that Kuwait has a higher number of cases (but fewer deaths) than China?

No, just clarifying that higher population does not "intrinsically imply" a higher density.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

It does agree with the experiment.  That’s what makes it “beautiful”.  You don’t need gages and measuring tapes, just your two eyes and common sense.

You did a great job of explaining this beautiful phenomenon.  Its cool.

The only question that matters to anybody is do masks and vaccines work?  A great explanation of a physical phenomena needs one more step.  Is to be the driving factor in the experiment.

We have had several hundred thousand hospitalizations and deaths after vaccines were made available.  That is a big enough group and control population to factor out other important variables like  age, sex, race, preexisting conditions,  and treatment methods. and time.  No doubt those all have something to say about how individuals fare.   It does no good to study all deaths at once because circumstances have changed over time.  The first deaths were in nursing homes, that has changed. We have learned better treatment methods than we went into the pandemic with as well.  But the population is still large enough to find 100,000 or so deaths within a few month span for comparison.

The data collected can follow the guidelines used for all drug testing.  There is a pretty standard protocol for that.  It is all in the open and public.   Publishing  conclusions with secret data doesn't cut it.

• Like 4