Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reclaiming witchcraft


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Doubt it, but I could be wrong.

You are far kinder than I, It saddens me to read these kind of posts, yet, I admire your grace and honesty.

Edited by Sherapy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Through the limited geneology research (my fathers side) I come from basically magic stock. Some of my long dead relatives practiced folk magic. Think I've got a shaman or two as well. Which might explain my interest in the stuff. According to a few of the older family members I'm supposed to more incline to such things as in terms of 'power'. Though I doubt it. Still, I've got some strange luck at times. Survived finacial ruin, wife survived cancer. Even at the worst of things I've started to really noticed that I've got some 'horse shoes' going on. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You are far kinder than I, It saddens me to read these kind of posts, yet, I admire your grace and honesty.

I've had a thread dedicated to hating me. His comment is nothing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I've had a thread dedicated to hating me. His comment is nothing. 

I understand, a thread just got shut down due to the same kind of thing towards me. :tu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

I understand, a thread just got shut down due to the same kind of thing towards me. :tu:

Language is a form of sorcery. The thing is to not let the words sink in. This is the essence of all magic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Language is a form of sorcery. The thing is to not let the words sink in. This is the essence of all magic.

Indeed, my approach is not to take it personal too and then let it go. :D

 

So back on topic, we have given enough attention to a problem that isn’t about us, 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

So back on topic, we have given enough attention to a problem that isn’t about us, 

Witchcraft is typically seen as black magick. The thing about magic is that it isn't anything. Curses, hexes, and binding work can be done by the same person who might bless them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Through the limited geneology research (my fathers side) I come from basically magic stock. Some of my long dead relatives practiced folk magic. Think I've got a shaman or two as well. Which might explain my interest in the stuff. According to a few of the older family members I'm supposed to more incline to such things as in terms of 'power'. Though I doubt it. Still, I've got some strange luck at times. Survived finacial ruin, wife survived cancer. Even at the worst of things I've started to really noticed that I've got some 'horse shoes' going on. 

How interesting to find out your relatives practiced folk magic.  

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Rashore posted this in a thread. Kind of cleared up a few of the things I've seen as a kid.

Reclaiming Witchcraft

I will watch it later, I find the subject interesting too, but know very little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 6:53 AM, Opus Magnus said:

No, people do. Apparently you have too low of an IQ to actually be able to read. Even in what pagan books we are able to preserve witches are set aside from other forms of magic. Witches are typically seen as malicious even if they have a place in society, they are usually seen as abusing their role.

:unsure: :blush:

Edited by Sherapy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Witchcraft is typically seen as black magick. The thing about magic is that it isn't anything. Curses, hexes, and binding work can be done by the same person who might bless them. 

Right, it is not the energy, but the user's intent that determines whether it is destructive or helpful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right, it is not the energy, but the user's intent that determines whether it is destructive or helpful.

One thing is the environment as well. If the practicioner is in a superstitious culture they have more 'power'. Meaning if they have a reputation for the craft. Others might admire/fear them. The power of belief really makes this stuff work. Though sometimes I do wonder.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Around 2013 when my life went to hell. I did a few spell. All of which came to pass. I got the money I need to take care of the problems I had. The results of things that were good enough (best that could be). Things like that. Things went far better than they could have. Even did a working for my wife to be well. Took time, doctor visits and treatments, but she's doing well. So there might be something more to it, but I won't came there is. 

Edited by XenoFish
spelling
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The persecution of European witches and those women who befriended them started quite early:

Tha faemnan, the gewuniath onfon gealdorcraeftigan and scinlaecan and wiccan, ne laet thu tha libban.

Women who are accustomed to receiving enchanters and sorceresses and witches, do not let them live!


From the Laws of Ælfred, ca. 890 ce.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

That's fine because I don't feel any guilt. I lost all my guilt in full confession to Jesus Christ.

And what's that supposed to be?

Whatever 'evil' you did, it would be an example of showing balls to ask for forgiveness from your 'victims'.

You should have asked for forgiveness from the OT god instead.

He would have given you forgiveness in a jiffy: in his name and by his command many millions were killed. Your 'sins' were most likely minor to what this god, YOUR god, did.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

And what's that supposed to be?

Whatever 'evil' you did, it would be an example of showing balls to ask for forgiveness from your 'victims'.

You should have asked for forgiveness from the OT god instead.

He would have given you forgiveness in a jiffy: in his name and by his command many millions were killed. Your 'sins' were most likely minor to what this god, YOUR god, did.

As the Church of Satan would say, "I have no need for forgiveness."

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

As the Church of Satan would say, "I have no need for forgiveness."

You needed it, and your god ordered massacres.

But ok, He forgave you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 11:19 AM, Abramelin said:

My thoughts have been that it was actually Idris Shah who wrote the book, or had a very big influence on the end result.

About another book:

In 1960 he [Idries Shah] started “Octagon Press”, (later registered in the United Kingdom as a limited liability company at Companies House on 10 January 1972), the first title of which was “Gerald Gardner: Witch”, the biography of the UK’s leading figure in the British witchcraft revival of the 1950s.  The book has been attributed to Jack L. Bracelin, the High Priest of Gardner’s Bricket Wood Coven in St. Albans, but it has long been known as a pseudonymous work by Shah, who it is often alleged, was acting as Gardner’s secretary at the time of writing.  Philip Heselton does much to clear up this little controversy in his latest biography “Witchfather:  A Life of Gerald Gardner” (Vol 2). 

https://www.controverscial.com/Idries Shah.htm

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Thread cleaned

Nobody should be discussing or berating other members' mental health - let's stick to the topic please.

Thank you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, XenoFish said:

One thing is the environment as well. If the practicioner is in a superstitious culture they have more 'power'. Meaning if they have a reputation for the craft. Others might admire/fear them. The power of belief really makes this stuff work. Though sometimes I do wonder.

Yes, I have had the belief that a curse only works if the one being cursed believes curses work.  I have had several people curse me, and noticed no effect, but I have met people who will pay a curandera to remove a curse, and they will pay big money sometimes.  But, if a curse is real, I think the only people who can remove it are the one who put it out there and the one it was aimed at.   There is no intermediary that can help people except as a placebo.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.