Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

West Bank settlers are “subhuman”, says Israel deputy minister

Eldorado

An Israeli deputy minister has been strongly criticised by his government colleagues for describing West Bank settlers as “subhuman”, leading to comparisons between him and the Nazis.

"These are not people, these are subhumans. Despicable people and the corruption of the Jewish people. They must not be given any backing," said Mr Golan, the deputy economy minister.

MSN

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

I don't care WHO he called "subhuman"... he needs to go.  It may well be that these particular thugs are worthy of a general level of disgust by Israeli citizens, Arab and Jew, but to publicly speak this way invalidates his claim to be part of any government.  Netanyahu was correct.  The guy sounds like a Nazi.

• Like 8

When Titus, son of Emperor Valerian was besieging Jerusalem in 70 A.D., at the same time, three separate factions of Jews were fighting each other within it's walls. It's nothing new.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Throughout the Bible there is a strict adherence to keep the Jews Holy and seperate from other nations. In contrast there are a number of laws to also allow other nations to peacefully reside within Israel while at the same time staying pure from them.

Even Jesus in this parable refers to this Caananite woman as a dog compared to the children of Israel. Then after she answers him faithfully he takes mercy on her as he does with the rest of his people.

Matthew 15:21

The Faith of the Canaanite Woman

(Mark 7:24-30)

21Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon. 22And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 23But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 26But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

• Like 1

Interesting to see a senior Israeli politician do anything but praise the illegal settlers!  He is of course correct in his overall assessment.  But agree, shouldn't have used that one word.   You're only allowed to call the Palestinians that.  

• Haha 3

He could have called them animals and probably wouldn't have received so much flak, because Netanyahu was right, it comes straight out of Hitler's Master race playbook and graded humans. Aryans and the sub humans beneath them. So odd a Jew would use that term. Andthen is correct. No reason to keep one who thinks this way in such a position of power.

• Like 1

His words were not appropriate, not that I think the settlers are nice people, ,I don't. But sub human...? doesn't fit.

thieves. oppressors. you could start there. and there are more 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think he's conflating the term subhumans with satanists. The Nazi word for the "bottom" was Untermenschen. The Hindu equivalent being "untouchables"

Hey, if the West Bank settlers are sub-humans, does that mean that they have sub-human rights? :lol:

Seriously tho, what is Mr. Golan thinking when using such politically loaded language?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1