Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

They'll never quit

F3SS

35 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

313M cases reported worldwide, 5.5M deaths. That's a 1.77% mortality rate BUT...

Many countries do not have widespread testing so case numbers will be higher.

So mortality rates are undoubtedly lower than 1.77%

BUT

That figure includes jabbed and unjabbed 

Nowhere is there an 11% mortality rate and certainly not unjabbed people.

And if you're in normal weight limits and have no metabolic disease then you are just not going to die from this super mild virus.

Post a linkand prove it!

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

313M cases reported worldwide, 5.5M deaths. That's a 1.77% mortality rate BUT...

Many countries do not have widespread testing so case numbers will be higher.

So mortality rates are undoubtedly lower than 1.77%

BUT

That figure includes jabbed and unjabbed 

Nowhere is there an 11% mortality rate and certainly not unjabbed people.

And if you're in normal weight limits and have no metabolic disease then you are just not going to die from this super mild virus.

Your maths is not correct, the percentage is between the mortality rates of the Vaccinated and unvaccinated not between the total current infections and the total deaths. The whole point of the conversation is do the vaccines work, and prevent serious infections along with deaths, so you figures above are truly meaningless.

I see you just don’t get it, so I am posting a Journal that will help you understand how to figure the percentage!

How do death rates from COVID-19 differ between people who are vaccinated and those who are not?  https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your maths is not correct, the percentage is between the mortality rates of the Vaccinated and unvaccinated not between the total current infections and the total deaths. The whole point of the conversation is do the vaccines work, and prevent serious infections along with deaths, so you figures above are truly meaningless.

I see you just don’t get it, so I am posting a Journal that will help you understand how to figure the percentage!

How do death rates from COVID-19 differ between people who are vaccinated and those who are not?  https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

You haven't explained where this mythical 11% mortality rate came from. So something to do with the numbers of people who die in the less than 1% who are allmst ceratinly overweight with comirbidty. 

It is such a useless stat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The 11.5% for unvaccinated deaths is Worldwide not for the United States alone. You need to go back and read post 84 my friend.

Oh and honestly where are you from?

I think you are leaving out the phrase "of those infected by Covid19", 11.5% of those infected that were not vaccinated and got the virus.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

You haven't explained where this mythical 11% mortality rate came from. So something to do with the numbers of people who die in the less than 1% who are allmst ceratinly overweight with comirbidty. 

Your a bright fellow, I have given you the tools now fix your maths you were calculating it incorrectly. Look I don’t spoon feed anyone if you read the last link I provide you would not be asking this question!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think you are leaving out the phrase "of those infected by Covid19", 11.5% of those infected that were not vaccinated and got the virus.

Let the Sceptic figure it out for himself, he needs to do some research!

Thanks my friend!:tu:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your a bright fellow, I have given you the tools now fix your maths you were calculating it incorrectly. Look I don’t spoon feed anyone if you read the last link I provide you would not be asking this question!

I have done the maths. The figure of 11% is a spin-esque figure straight out the project fear / nudge unit playbook.

In real terms, less than 1% of people get any issue beyond minor inconvenience with Omicron. And if they do, they're overweight or have comorbidity and usually both. 

Jabbed vs unjabbed... it doesn't matter the mortality figures for both is so low it's of zero consequence. We've had worse flu years (68 and 69 I seem to recall as just two examples) with zero jabs, zero lockdowns, no dramas in the press. This hysteria and fear is over the top and overdue consigning to the bin.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

I have done the maths. The figure of 11% is a spin-esque figure straight out the project fear / nudge unit playbook.

In real terms, less than 1% of people get any issue beyond minor inconvenience with Omicron. And if they do, they're overweight or have comorbidity and usually both. 

Jabbed vs unjabbed... it doesn't matter the mortality figures for both is so low it's of zero consequence. We've had worse flu years (68 and 69 I seem to recall as just two examples) with zero jabs, zero lockdowns, no dramas in the press. This hysteria and fear is over the top and overdue consigning to the bin.

Please don’t bother me any longer, you have no idea what your talking about and your unable to grasp the information you are given. I no longer have patience to deal with you on this subject. I gave all the information you need to figure out, I will not respond to anymore of your comments on this subject, do the research and the answer will be obvious.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Please don’t bother me any longer, you have no idea what your talking about and your unable to grasp the information you are given. I no longer have patience to deal with you on this subject. I gave all the information you need to figure out, I will not respond to anymore of your comments on this subject, do the research and the answer will be obvious.

And yet you responded.

And still no formula.

Gotcha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

And yet you responded.

And still no formula.

Gotcha.

:lol: please go a head and pull it!!:lol:

1 hour ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

And yet you responded.

And still no formula.

Gotcha.

You didn't read the link, did you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You didn't read the link, did you?

I don’t suspect that, I suspect he is unable to understand the maths in the link, I could be wrong!:yes:

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 12:33 AM, Tatetopa said:

Even if it prevails, you can't be handcuffed or tied down and injected against your will.

Would you be willing to bet your life on that?  Agreed, it would be HIGHLY unlikely to go that far here in the land of 400 million guns ;)  but what about in OZ or Kiwi-land?  France, or Germany?  With all of the INSANE rhetoric we are witnessing today in all areas of life, I genuinely would not be surprised to see door to door vaccine teams.  Truthfully, I think we are seeing the vaguest surface indications of a latent or inchoate tyranny finding its boundaries by seeing how much citizens are willing to sit back and allow to happen.

The more likely route to such despotism will come the way it always has.  Force will only occur when all other forms of compulsion have failed.  To me, I think that threatening a person's livelihood, or even their life's work in building a career, is just evil as someone with a gun forcing a free person to yield to the government on such a personal issue.  The most dangerous words ever repeated in a society?  "that could NEVER happen here"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don’t suspect that, I suspect he is unable to understand the maths in the link, I could be wrong!:yes:

Asking the formula for a percentage suggests a possibility you could be right. 

But, he either didn't read or comprehend the fourth paragraph in the link; and, resorts to arguing by emotion.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

But, he either didn't read or comprehend the fourth paragraph in the link; and, resorts to arguing by emotion.

38 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I suspect your right my friend, it’s actually kind of sad!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, and then said:

Would you be willing to bet your life on that?  Agreed, it would be HIGHLY unlikely to go that far here in the land of 400 million guns ;)  but what about in OZ or Kiwi-land?  France, or Germany?  With all of the INSANE rhetoric we are witnessing today in all areas of life, I genuinely would not be surprised to see door to door vaccine teams.  Truthfully, I think we are seeing the vaguest surface indications of a latent or inchoate tyranny finding its boundaries by seeing how much citizens are willing to sit back and allow to happen.

The more likely route to such despotism will come the way it always has.  Force will only occur when all other forms of compulsion have failed.  To me, I think that threatening a person's livelihood, or even their life's work in building a career, is just evil as someone with a gun forcing a free person to yield to the government on such a personal issue.  The most dangerous words ever repeated in a society?  "that could NEVER happen here"

Are you serious, and I quote you “”With all of the INSANE rhetoric we are witnessing today in all areas of life”” we here this here every day, so what’s new?:unsure:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

'Door to door vaccine teams' . . . . blimey! that takes me back to the 1950s in Liverpool. I don't remember what the particular scare was at the time but what I do remember as a small child is being woken up in the night, being vaccinated and then put back to bed. My family and I had been into the city centre to see a children's play and got back late. The vaccination team seemed to be working round the clock and came back from a nearby street as we were the only ones in my street who weren't home when they originally called.

3 hours ago, and then said:

But remember kids, it's the one's taking the vaccine and getting on with life who are filled with fear.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

But remember kids, it's the one's taking the vaccine and getting on with life who are filled with fear.

Ha, perfect.  A lot of overlap here with the '**** Your Feelings' crowd too; self-awareness isn't always their strongest attribute.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Or Midazolam and morphine will do it..

4/5 days with-out food and drink, is pure evil.

Euthanasia without consent is murder. Even with consent its still a crime.

And so another crime that happens every day in GB.

edit: its all just a little bit of history, repeating.

https://brandnewtube.com/v/nboijs

Hint, its those Nazis again.

Edited by Crazy Horse
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

Greetings and then. First of all, it could happen here and might. Beyond that, it is not 400 million guns that are stopping anything.  That is fear talking. 

The majority of citizens of both parties and the independents in America have an ingrained sense of fair play.   There are some pretty wide margins that we define every generation but there are boundaries that the citizenry and the government are  not going to cross.  It did not take guns, just a SP court decision to stop corporate mandates.  It has not taken rebellion, just people in Congress to reject a voting rights bill and an infrastructure bill. 

The limits are a tug of war.  Some people want to go further, some want to resist or go the other direction. As long as all parties follow the rule set  in the Constitution we will stay within the boundaries.  The rules designed into the Constitution are there to counter despotism  When one side drops the rope and picks up their guns because they are not winning then the game, that leads to despotism and the Constitution is finished. 

So far, both Democratic and Republican representatives have been playing by the rules. Mitch McConnel has shown himself to be a brilliant player of the rules both as a majority or minority leader. 

The opposing view to your own is the person on the assembly line who has kids to feed and cannot afford two weeks of illness caused by the coworker who is not vaccinated and doesn't wear a mask.  That coworker threatens the security and well being of their kids. The government is trying to balance those two views.  You only see it as an invasion of your rights, the other citizen sees it as a protection of their own livelihood. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/14/2022 at 9:03 AM, Golden Duck said:

Fourth paragraph in the link reads:

Ideally we would produce a global dataset that compiles this data for countries around the world, but we do not have the capacity to do this in our team. As a minimum, we list country-specific sources where you can find similar data for other countries, and we describe how an ideal dataset would be formatted.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:16 AM, Manwon Lender said:

The facts are simple everyone is sacred even governments are over reacting, and honestly I don’t believe we have seen the worst yet. People are saying this Pandemic is over, now that’s lunacy, this dam Pandemic is over isn’t at all. As far as the vaccination issue I think they should leave people alone, everyone has choices to make to base their opinions on, but Left or Right media outlets can’t be be trusted not to spin the issue. Yet people are so use to using their favorite media site to get their information from this is a mistake, the only place to get updated information from are the sources which are scientific and medical journals.

I understand your point, but I believe it will get worst before it begins to get better!

Pandemic is over in the UK. It's endemic by scientific definition.

So, it's finished there. 

Next variants, if any, will almost certainly be milder again.

• Haha 1