Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Francis says choosing pets over kids is selfish

Eldorado

On 2/8/2022 at 2:27 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Honestly, Mr Walker is probs the less stressed person around here.

Even if his personal life is more difficult then most.

I certainly think so, and have no clinical symptoms of stress. Stress is just a state of mind  If you don't choose to be stressed then you won't be (once your mind and body are sufficiently trained and practiced in mental discipline)

But then,  I don't think that I have a difficult life 

I have one of privilege and love.  All my physical and emotional needs are easily met  I have enough income to live on.  I have good connections and support from family, friends, and community.  I have purpose and meaning. I am loved and respected by those around me  What else does any human being need from  life? Caring for another is not hard, it is energising, and the government gives a lot of support 

Things in my life would stress someone like Sherapy but they don't stress me I am particularly lucky to have an old fashioned stoic, strong and  independent woman as my wife  She makes my life easier, rather than harder.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I certainly think so, and have no clinical symptoms of stress. Stress is just a state of mind  If you don't choose to be stressed then you won't be (once your mind and body are sufficiently trained and practiced in mental discipline)

I have one of privilege and love.  All my physical and emotional needs are easily met  I have enough income to live on.  I have good connections and support from family, friends, and community.  I have purpose and meaning. I am loved and respected by those around me  What else does any human being need from  life? Caring for another is not hard, it is energising, and the government gives a lot of support 

Things in my life would stress someone like Sherapy but they don't stress me I am particularly lucky to have an old fashioned stoic, strong and  independent woman as my wife  She makes my life easier, rather than harder.  

Well I was half right, I just didn't think it through..lol

Good to hear though.

Great attitude Mr W.

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

lol Sherapy as usual you are imposing your own feelings onto me  

I have no stress or stressors. Things which would stress you do my bother me. 

And no, I still counsel others on their tendency to catastrophise. What i was doing was nothing like catastrophising.

I suspect, however,  that what you are doing is  ignoring  unpalatable truths,  and existing in a state of denial of those truths 

That is a common American perspective and indeed a particularly common perspective of better off Americans. Like wealthy Europeans and Australians the y may be the last to feel the effects of future   environment  concerns, and  the results of unfairness and injustice in the world 

tell me. Do you see all those who urge for social, economic and environmental reforms, justice, sustainability  and equality, as  catastrophising? 

Breathe, MW.

A suggestion: ‘It would be better for you then these off topic empty rants. 

All the best to you. 

Moving on.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 2:29 AM, Mr Walker said:

In my line of work, I get the great honor of caring for people. People who have chronic health issues or facing their death tend to be some of the finest people I know. I would like to say I add something to their lives, but the truth is that these angels add much more to mine. I am grateful for the adversity and challenges I have overcome  in my life as it has nurtured compassion, empathy and resilience much needed attributes for compassion work and an intimate deep understanding of human suffering that is useful in many situations. Understanding human vulnerabilities and being able to connect to the suffering and find ways to alleviate it is a passion. Kindness matters. 

Definitely keep an eye on your stress, know the signs and monitor yourself so you can intervene early, of course, we are different and have different stress management needs. I am a professional caregiver, I humbly try to go the extra mile and  attend mindfulness based therapy once a week and have since I decided to walk this path. as part of proactiveness I also take really good care of myself so that I am able to give at 200 percent, and long hours, also having raised my children as hands on has helped too in the CG field as far as patience and reading body language etc. etc. . For me, this a journey and practice of unconditional support and being of service at the same time It really is healing for all involved.  :wub:

All the best to your dear wife and take her to the beach my friend. Find a way. Surprise her. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 3

On 2/11/2022 at 12:24 AM, Sherapy said:

Breathe, MW.

A suggestion: ‘It would be better for you then these off topic empty rants. 

All the best to you. 

Moving on.

Again, you are imposing your own anxieties on to me. I am not like you. I was not raised like you. I don't have your emotional responses  or needs    I don't have the same material desires as you do 

I have no worries, fears or stressors, although I am intellectually concerned about many matters. Other than war with China (or potentially , Russia) ,  I will be dead before any of the world's issues like climate change or running out of resources, etc. affect me. Thus my concern is for others rather than myself 

My oxygen intake is about 98% which is better than most  and I breathe easily, deeply, and without effort . :) 

Perhaps you are avoiding thinking about such issues to avoid your own anxieties.

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

In my line of work, I get the great honor of caring for people. People who have chronic health issues or facing their death tend to be some of the finest people I know. I would like to say I add something to their lives, but the truth is that these angels add much more to mine. I am grateful for the adversity and challenges I have overcome  in my life as it has nurtured compassion, empathy and resilience much needed attributes for compassion work and an intimate deep understanding of human suffering that is useful in many situations. Understanding human vulnerabilities and being able to connect to the suffering and find ways to alleviate it is a passion. Kindness matters. 

Definitely keep an eye on your stress, know the signs and monitor yourself so you can intervene early, of course, we are different and have different stress management needs. I am a professional caregiver, I humbly try to go the extra mile and  attend mindfulness based therapy once a week and have since I decided to walk this path. as part of proactiveness I also take really good care of myself so that I am able to give at 200 percent, and long hours, also having raised my children as hands on has helped too in the CG field as far as patience and reading body language etc. etc. . For me, this a journey and practice of unconditional support and being of service at the same time It really is healing for all involved.  :wub:

All the best to your dear wife and take her to the beach my friend. Find a way. Surprise her. 

Your first paragraph is very true, but then, why do believe that i am stressed, or worn down, by caring for my wife  It is energising and empowering, and I also have a life of love and companionship to motivate me 

I am professionally trained to recognise and respond to stress But what you don't believe is that stress is just one state of mind  Humans can choose to be stressed or not stressed. It is all in the perspective and cognitive structures we build in response to external challenges   Eg when work or life throws a lot at you, you have to deal with it physically, but you do NOT have to worry or be anxious while you are dealing. 

I've been mindful almost all my life and i have completed 3 full university based programmes on mindfulness.  I ve told you this many times, but you aren't hearing it . You seem to assume that  my current  situation makes stress inevitable. It does not. I've provided  a higher  level of care to two people , plus a young family, while working full time   for  over 6 years,   and STILL not got stressed or burnt out . Certainly I was a bit younger and fitter then , but this is much less effort.

I appreciate your  concern for my wife. Once she has had the operation we will see what she can do. ATM just getting to the car is too painful to consider taking any but absolutely essential drives 

31 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Your first paragraph is very true, but then, why do believe that i am stressed, or worn down, by caring for my wife  It is energising and empowering, and I also have a life of love and companionship to motivate me 

I am professionally trained to recognise and respond to stress But what you don't believe is that stress is just one state of mind  Humans can choose to be stressed or not stressed. It is all in the perspective and cognitive structures we build in response to external challenges   Eg when work or life throws a lot at you, you have to deal with it physically, but you do NOT have to worry or be anxious while you are dealing. 

I've been mindful almost all my life and i have completed 3 full university based programmes on mindfulness.  I ve told you this many times, but you aren't hearing it . You seem to assume that  my current  situation makes stress inevitable. It does not. I've provided  a higher  level of care to two people , plus a young family, while working full time   for  over 6 years,   and STILL not got stressed or burnt out . Certainly I was a bit younger and fitter then , but this is much less effort.

I appreciate your  concern for my wife. Once she has had the operation we will see what she can do. ATM just getting to the car is too painful to consider taking any but absolutely essential drives 

Other than to say thanks for the reminder what is there to defend? Caregivers naturally extend compassion especially for those on the same path. 

All the best to you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Again, you are imposing your own anxieties on to me. I am not like you. I was not raised like you. I don't have your emotional responses  or needs    I don't have the same material desires as you do 

I have no worries, fears or stressors, although I am intellectually concerned about many matters. Other than war with China (or potentially , Russia) ,  I will be dead before any of the world's issues like climate change or running out of resources, etc. affect me. Thus my concern is for others rather than myself 

My oxygen intake is about 98% which is better than most  and I breathe easily, deeply, and without effort . :) 

Perhaps you are avoiding thinking about such issues to avoid your own anxieties.

My feedback was specific to your post, it was my polite way of encouraging you to not derail the thread with righteous finger pointing rants. 

Reminding one to breathe is a common practice to and from  those that walk a mindful path who go off the rails as humans do from time to time. :P

Connecting to one’s breath is a way to get space and clarity and let things go.

It is time to move on…

All the best. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

My feedback was specific to your post, it was my polite way of encouraging you to not derail the thread with righteous finger pointing rants. 

Reminding one to breathe is a common practice to and from  those that walk a mindful path who go off the rails as humans do from time to time. :P

Connecting to one’s breath is a way to get space and clarity and let things go.

It is time to move on…

All the best. 

Great post Sheri, your absolutely on point my Friend!:tu:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Great post Sheri, your absolutely on point my Friend!:tu:

An add to: breathing especially deep diaphramic breathing is physically calming, and creates a space of clarity and leeway to see things as they actually are breathing allows us to welcome our inner experience or what is happening in the present (one comes to learn the outline and shape of one’s inner landscape and practice open acceptance, as opposed to all the ways one uses to avoid themselves, such as ramping up the positive thinking or seeking external validation or clinging to delusions of grandeur, or picking fights to brag about oneself or get outraged about things that are beyond one’s control. In mindfulness as things come up one looks at what they can actually do, does it and lets the rest go. IMHO  It is an awesome tool to utilize and the purpose of mindful meditation, it is a way to practice a new way to be towards one’s well being. Being able to just be oneself is challenging enough and a major accomplishment in and of itself the end game is not trying to be a lesser version of someone else. A actual practitioner of mindfulness would connect to the extension of compassion in this. Just my two cents. Thank you for your support.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

An add to: breathing especially deep diaphramic breathing is physically calming, and creates a space of clarity and leeway to see things as they actually are breathing allows us to welcome our inner experience or what is happening in the present (one comes to learn the outline and shape of one’s inner landscape and practice open acceptance, as opposed to all the ways one uses to avoid themselves, such as ramping up the positive thinking or seeking external validation or clinging to delusions of grandeur, or picking fights to brag about oneself or get outraged about things that are beyond one’s control. In mindfulness as things come up one looks at what they can actually do, does it and lets the rest go. IMHO  It is an awesome tool to utilize and the purpose of mindful meditation, it is a way to practice a new way to be towards one’s well being. Being able to just be oneself is challenging enough and a major accomplishment in and of itself the end game is not trying to be a lesser version of someone else. A actual practitioner of mindfulness would connect to the extension of compassion in this. Just my two cents. Thank you for your support.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Very very well said!:tu:

It certainly is a very important part of the process of clarity and clear thought and in any form of meditation it is essential! I am not very knowledgeable about the practices of Zen Buddhism, but what you describe about applies to Buddhist practices! Sometimes we all can lose our footing and become lost, and that’s a great way of finding our center again. Like I have said many times we never stop learning, your comments here are very enlightening and they would do anyone good no matter their beliefs to pay attention to them!

Sheri great post thanks for sharing!:tu:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Very very well said!:tu:

It certainly is a very important part of the process of clarity and clear thought and in any form of meditation it is essential! I am not very knowledgeable about the practices of Zen Buddhism, but what you describe about applies to Buddhist practices! Sometimes we all can lose our footing and become lost, and that’s a great way of finding our center again. Like I have said many times we never stop learning, your comments here are very enlightening and they would do anyone good no matter their beliefs to pay attention to them!

Sheri great post thanks for sharing!:tu:

Thank you for your kind words. I think you are correct this applies to Buddhism and even some expressions of religion too. My best friend is a Christian but she has taught me much about mindfulness too. She meditates daily too and has transcended much and has only become more grateful, compassionate and humble. It goes without saying I learn much from you too, Craig. I am so proud of your growth. :nw:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Thank you for your kind words. I think you are correct this applies to Buddhism and even some expressions of religion too. My best friend is a Christian but she has taught me much about mindfulness too. She meditates daily too and has transcended much and has only become more grateful, compassionate and humble. It goes without saying I learn much from you too, Craig. I am so proud of your growth. :nw:

Thank you Sheri, learning is a two way street my friend and like I have said I also learn a great deal from you. So long as we are tolerant and listen learning just comes natural! :nw:

• Thanks 1