Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts

docyabut2

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, and some of us judge your whole thread to be about explaining only a small minority of paranormal experiences. 

Your opinion against my supported argument. I know that I'll win.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

It depend, did you encounter a psycho squirrel near is haul of nuts in a dark attic before?

I have, even have a video, that squirrel really told me how it was before shooting into a hole in the carriage house roof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:25 AM, docyabut2 said:

There are no Ghosts.hearing foot steps or seeing shadows, hearing voices are not real. The dead have no bodies.  the only one is  in when seeing  a inprint of  time the past scenes  like murders 

to add what I`m trying to say, its like a film that was taken many many years ago and when film  over  a picture  can  come through it of people that had died before, thinking they are ghosts. 

Edited by docyabut2

On 1/12/2022 at 9:00 AM, docyabut2 said:

Science doesn't prove the non-existence of anything. Ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if there are ghosts as in dead people that remained here for whatever reason. 

There is something though. From my experience I fully believe there is some form of consciousness that can interact with us that we yet to understand. 

• Like 1

Hearing voices or ghosts, the one thing they seem assured of is that they are not apart of the self. Its hard to say they come from outside of the mind though cause no one else hear's them as if they were in the room or visiting. Still why does the mind need self degenerate voices to ridicule and make itself paranoid? 

10 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Hearing voices or ghosts, the one thing they seem assured of is that they are not apart of the self. Its hard to say they come from outside of the mind though cause no one else hear's them as if they were in the room or visiting. Still why does the mind need self degenerate voices to ridicule and make itself paranoid? 

Hearing, seeing believing is spookies to me is a grasping link to some sort of afterlife some folks are really terrified that when we die thats its game over,

Of course we also have mentally ill who sincerely believe they see a ghost, easter bunny have magical powers whatever,

If ghosts were real as stories describe we would have proof and we dont.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:06 AM, the13bats said:

Hearing, seeing believing is spookies to me is a grasping link to some sort of afterlife some folks are really terrified that when we die thats its game over,

Of course we also have mentally ill who sincerely believe they see a ghost, easter bunny have magical powers whatever,

If ghosts were real as stories describe we would have proof and we dont.

What are voices? An involuntary part of the mind? I use to say yes because voices can't be heard by others, but it could be possible that they are external and choose who they communicate with.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

What are voices? An involuntary part of the mind? I use to say yes because voices can't be heard by others, but it could be possible that they are external and choose who they communicate with.

Can you give any evidence to support that?

We do however have proof people do indeed experence auditory hallucinations and mentally ill persons hear things no one else hears.

Perhaps these people are not mentally ill afterall and those pompous spookies only talk to certain folks.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, docyabut2 said:

There are no Ghosts.hearing foot steps or seeing shadows, hearing voices are not real. The dead have no bodies.  the only one is  in when seeing  a inprint of  time the past scenes  like murders 

Is it just me or have you recently changed your mind on this?

I thought you believed in the afterlife?

Has something changed for you?

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 6:03 PM, docyabut2 said:

to add what I`m trying to say, its like a film that was taken many many years ago and when film  over  a picture  can  come through it of people that had died before, thinking they are ghosts. 

Docy sounds like you are like me and subscribe to the possibility of a "stone tape" type phenomenon,

In my case i still have lots of holes in my theory but a natural prosaic explanation is far more likely than a persons conscience ghost is damned to haunt around

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Docy sounds like you are like me and subscribe to the possibility of a "stone tape" type phenomenon,

In my case i still have lots of holes in my theory but a natural prosaic explanation is far more likely than a persons conscience ghost is damned to haunt around

Remember, logic allows for both types.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Where are the dinosaur ghost? That's all I want to know.

I live where there used to be a giant ancient lake. I often wonder why nobody sees fish and swimming dinosaur ghosts all around.

If dogs and cats get ghosts then fish and dinos should too. It's almost like - there's no such thing.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 4

My problem with ghost is how can they be detected through equipment that's not meant for ghost hunting. Yet somehow consistently evade actual study. I mean if a tape recorder can catch them. Why not a high def piece of equipment. Not only this they suffer the same problem as bigfoot, ufo's, and nessi. You can catch them on really terrible video, yet not so much with a high def one. 

Of course the lazy answer is "beyond science".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Larynx - Wikipedia

Ghosts don`nt have a larynx to speak. 

I've thought of that before. but auditory hallucinations could be an energy from the inner ear itself. 

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Remember, logic allows for both types.

Logic allows anything common sense tells us there is zero evidence to support ghosts as in the basic definition of the term.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Logic allows anything common sense tells us there is zero evidence to support ghosts as in the basic definition of the term.

Hmm….Mr. Bats. I’ve heard  so much evidence it exceeds zero.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Anecdotes aren't evidence. They are anecdotes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Anecdotes aren't evidence. They are anecdotes. 

Anecdotes are evidence to me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Anecdotes are evidence to me.

Indeed 

I was clarifying what they mean in the real world.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, XenoFish said:

You often claim they are "beyond science". Yet apparently can affect the physical world around. It's a contradiction. 

Now I am unsure how happy I am with classical, intelligent description of a ghost, but there is another phenomenon well known and accepted that matches the description you just gave:  Dark Matter.

It too has an observable effect on the universe, but remains tantalisingly unmeasurable and mysterious.

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Lol you HEARD stories and tall tales those are not evidence your collection of "evidence" is far less than zero.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1