Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts

docyabut2

59 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, I think that can happen. Entities can be in a negative state and can do negative things.

They don't seem confused, but rather demanding and assaulting that you believe whatever they are trying to pass off as true. they are insistent that you go along with there fabrication. Maybe your mind entertains you, or maybe ghosts. 

They seem like they are always in a negative state of eventually leading you down a rabbit hole of paranoia.

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's very measurable.

Not directly, and not really.  It’s nature can be determined only by the actions of interacting matter, and is wholly reliant on the current model being correct.

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If it's undetectable,how did we detect it?

I am sure you know the answer to this.

The point I am making is that with dark matter there exists a phenomenon that cannot be directly observed, to the point that experts in the field of physics are divided as to its existence and yet, not inconsiderable resources are spent on trying to resolve the dilemma.

5 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Not directly, and not really.  It’s nature can be determined only by the actions of interacting matter, and is wholly reliant on the current model being correct.

I am sure you know the answer to this.

The point I am making is that with dark matter there exists a phenomenon that cannot be directly observed, to the point that experts in the field of physics are divided as to its existence and yet, not inconsiderable resources are spent on trying to resolve the dilemma.

It's effect on physical objects right? 

So if ghosts existed why couldn't we do the same when they allegedly manifest?

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Grey

Just curious, was it only the wardrobe that was shaking or could you feel a vibration on the bed or floor? I ask because sometime road crews work at night and heavy equipment can cause vibrations even a couple of blocks away given certain soil conditions. I grew up across the road from the CP mainline and we had a truck route on our street and the house would shake when trains or trucks passed by until I tore out the old cindercrete block basement walls and put in 20 piles and concrete walls then there was no more shaking when trains or trucks passed by.

Yeah when I recount this experience I liken it to big trucks or heavy plant machinery.  There was none of that happening, it was on a very narrow street with part terraced housing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's effect on physical objects right? 

So if ghosts existed why couldn't we do the same when they allegedly manifest?

Well I guess it’s the fleeting nature of genuine experiences.

1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

Well I guess it’s the fleeting nature of genuine experiences.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyMthhbCFS20Sly7lMZUW

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyMthhbCFS20Sly7lMZUW

image.jpeg.bd19e19451b0349da52df421f429aad4.jpeg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I spent years evoking spirits. Practicing magick. I came to the conclusion they were just a head trip years ago. I held out from completely dismissing them until about 2 maybe 3 years ago. I just gave up hope. There was nothing unusual outside of a perceptional shift to me. Just because you (used indirectly) can't explain it, doesn't mean it is real. After enough time and honest research you get left with just a hope and that hope is just a wish that'll never be fulfilled. I just got tired. Too many explanations for things like the ouija board, seeing ghost (which can be a sign of mental illness, mental exhaustion, self-delusion, self induced visual/audiotory/tactile hallucination. Even the whole experience once recounted can be completely false. Pretty much kills the 'magic' in everything. 

I don't know. I just lost hope. Dead is dead. I'll never see those I loved again. No heaven, no hell. Just nothing. No ghost or gods. 

I still think there is more to us than the sum of our physical parts.    I have evidence for myself, no one else except my kids, that telepathy is real.   We do have links to our loved ones.   I have only experienced one haunting that I could describe as that and it seemed more like some disembodied entity/person trying to give me a message that I didn't quite get.   It was brought on by a neighbor in the other side of the duplex that was crazy and before she moved in there were other weirdness, like the right front burner of the stove always being on the gas kitchen stove until the pilot light got fixed.   So, maybe there was some kind of protective spirit or could it have been my subconscious?   I don't think that was it because the previous tenet of the apartment had told me things that happened when he lived there (not before I moved in but after I had already experienced the same things and he volunteered, they were things I would not have mentioned to anyone)

All of it is tied to why we are on planet earth experiencing being human.   The things you experienced did have more to do with your mind than anything physical, however the fact that you could change your perspective to reach out and make something happen should be a good clue that you are more than just a meat puppet.  However, I am not saying this to tell you that your perspective is wrong I tell you this just to explain how I interpret things and you are in the mental place you are for a reason of your own that has nothing to do with anyone else.  None of us can prove this kind of thing to others and have no right to tell anyone they are wrong about any of their experiences.   You are a smart man and have a lot going for you.   I am glad you are on this forum.  Sharing your experiences is helpful to me, and probably for others that I can't speak for.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I still think there is more to us than the sum of our physical parts.    I have evidence for myself, no one else except my kids, that telepathy is real.   We do have links to our loved ones.   I have only experienced one haunting that I could describe as that and it seemed more like some disembodied entity/person trying to give me a message that I didn't quite get.   It was brought on by a neighbor in the other side of the duplex that was crazy and before she moved in there were other weirdness, like the right front burner of the stove always being on the gas kitchen stove until the pilot light got fixed.   So, maybe there was some kind of protective spirit or could it have been my subconscious?   I don't think that was it because the previous tenet of the apartment had told me things that happened when he lived there (not before I moved in but after I had already experienced the same things and he volunteered, they were things I would not have mentioned to anyone)

All of it is tied to why we are on planet earth experiencing being human.   The things you experienced did have more to do with your mind than anything physical, however the fact that you could change your perspective to reach out and make something happen should be a good clue that you are more than just a meat puppet.  However, I am not saying this to tell you that your perspective is wrong I tell you this just to explain how I interpret things and you are in the mental place you are for a reason of your own that has nothing to do with anyone else.  None of us can prove this kind of thing to others and have no right to tell anyone they are wrong about any of their experiences.   You are a smart man and have a lot going for you.   I am glad you are on this forum.  Sharing your experiences is helpful to me, and probably for others that I can't speak for.

Going by what I've learned from people on the forum. We are nothing more than organic machines running programs. There is nothing at all special about us. No psychic powers, no gods, ghost, nothing like that. There is quite literally nothing paranormal.

Science is the new god. 

Everything that happened to me was nothing more than self-deception. A lie I told myself. It's all lies. Lies I used to feel in control of life. Just like the lie of have choices in life. That life has meaning and purpose. A stupid and childish game of pretend that I used to feel important. 

No matter the quanitity of stories abouty miracles, paranormal experience, etc. Those are lies as well. I don't care what percentage people want to put on something other worldly happened, the true percent is 0.

When a person dies they are dead. There is no heaven or hell. There is just nothing. Gone forever. 

18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I spent years evoking spirits. Practicing magick. I came to the conclusion they were just a head trip years ago. I held out from completely dismissing them until about 2 maybe 3 years ago. I just gave up hope.

After my experience I became more active in the subject.  I have always been interested in the subject, when I was younger, between the age of about 8 and 14 I was quite taken with the subject but this phased out as I got older.

I even attended several ‘professional’ ghost investigations (not ones attended by a spiritual medium).  To be honest from one we got some really interesting pictures and voices, but nothing that really stood out as debunkable.

There was nothing unusual outside of a perceptional shift to me. Just because you (used indirectly) can't explain it, doesn't mean it is real. After enough time and honest research you get left with just a hope and that hope is just a wish that'll never be fulfilled. I just got tired. Too many explanations for things like the ouija board, seeing ghost (which can be a sign of mental illness, mental exhaustion, self-delusion, self induced visual/audiotory/tactile hallucination. Even the whole experience once recounted can be completely false. Pretty much kills the 'magic' in everything. 

For me, it has never been a ‘magical’ phenomenon.  I never bought into the whole spirits and ghosts, and being able to converse with dead people.

From my experience, something undefined applied real energy that to me is very exciting.

I don't know. I just lost hope. Dead is dead. I'll never see those I loved again. No heaven, no hell. Just nothing. No ghost or gods. 

I tend to lean toward that, there’s no form of afterlife.  But there is always something in the back of my mind that says the universe is complex enough to maybe, just maybe support some sort of continuity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

I tend to lean toward that, there’s no form of afterlife.  But there is always something in the back of my mind that says the universe is complex enough to maybe, just maybe support some sort of continuity.

That feeling must be nice.

For me, it has never been a ‘magical’ phenomenon.  I never bought into the whole spirits and ghosts, and being able to converse with dead people.

I saw my grandfather after his death back in 1998. This drove my desire to know for 100% certain there was something more. All I was left with is empty hands. 

After my experience I became more active in the subject.  I have always been interested in the subject, when I was younger, between the age of about 8 and 14 I was quite taken with the subject but this phased out as I got older.

I started with basic stuff back in 1994. When I was in my early teens. Mostly out of curiosity and interest. Ghost, demons, angels, aliens. The kind of woo stuff that gets eaten alive on here. I was interested in it. Started practicing magick as a form of spiritual rebellion, then more validation. To see if the stories were real. Again I was left with just confirmation bias. Rather disappointing really. 

I think most of us somewhere hope for that some-thing more to life. After being on here for almost 10 years the faintest hope for that somet-thing-ness is dead. I honestly miss that curiosity. That hopefulness. I miss the magic of life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I saw my grandfather after his death back in 1998. This drove my desire to know for 100% certain there was something more. All I was left with is empty hands. 

I never had anything like that, but I do remember my Mum waking up really early one morning having a panic attack and 5 minutes later the phone ringing, it was the hospital informing her my grandad had died.  Those kind of anecdotal happenings are tantalisingly spiritual.

I started with basic stuff back in 1994. When I was in my early teens. Mostly out of curiosity and interest. Ghost, demons, angels, aliens. The kind of woo stuff that gets eaten alive on here. I was interested in it. Started practicing magick as a form of spiritual rebellion, then more validation. To see if the stories were real. Again I was left with just confirmation bias. Rather disappointing really. 

I was content with just reading, I had a very impressive library of everything to do with the paranormal.

I remember being scared witless some nights.  I remember once there must have been a thunderstorm in the distance, you could see flashes but no thunder, I was convinced aliens were coming to abduct me.

I had a friend who got sucked into the whole angels and demons thing, he would hold vigils in graveyards and all sorts of bizarre stuff.  He even befriended Uri Gellar at a book signing, they had quite a friendship.  He tried to recruit me a few times, but I was in my late teens by then and I was intent on unravelling more corporeal mysteries.

I think most of us somewhere hope for that some-thing more to life. After being on here for almost 10 years the faintest hope for that somet-thing-ness is dead. I honestly miss that curiosity. That hopefulness. I miss the magic of life. 

It’s a big complicated universe, the more I learn about it the more I understand about what we don’t yet know.  There’s plenty of room in there for a revelation or two about the nature of life and death.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 9:16 AM, docyabut2 said:

Ghosts don`t have a larynx to speak. 

Do the speakers on your TV have a larynx?  Does the noise from your fridge need a larynx?  Can you clap your hands and still hear it, with no larynx involved?

On 1/12/2022 at 8:25 AM, docyabut2 said:

There are no Ghosts

Yea, we know

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grey Area said:

I never had anything like that, but I do remember my Mum waking up really early one morning having a panic attack and 5 minutes later the phone ringing, it was the hospital informing her my grandad had died.  Those kind of anecdotal happenings are tantalisingly spiritual.

My entire life has been weird in the supernatural and paranormal sense. I've had dreams that seemed/appeared almost prophectic. Gut feelings that always kept me out of trouble (when I listened to them). Too strange coincidences and odd synchronicities. I have done a few workings (magick) that appeared to literally work. Same for various "psychic" experiments. Though nothing 100% conclusive. Did an evocation of the dead on Halloween about 10 maybe 11 years ago. Saw tons of shadow figures and a black dog that just vanished. A part of me does wish to believe that there is something to all those experiences. That it isn't self-induced or some form of psychosis. The thing with anecdotes is that they're just stories, a way of telling an experience. You can't prove them without some evidence. Proof of ghost is nigh impossible. 

I was content with just reading, I had a very impressive library of everything to do with the paranormal.

I remember being scared witless some nights.  I remember once there must have been a thunderstorm in the distance, you could see flashes but no thunder, I was convinced aliens were coming to abduct me.

I had a friend who got sucked into the whole angels and demons thing, he would hold vigils in graveyards and all sorts of bizarre stuff. 

I just wanted something tangible. That's all. I know a lot of people are content with just stories. I'm the kind of person who has to get their hands dirty with it. To fully experience. I'd buy a "possessed" doll, just to have it. Kind of a "bring it on" type of thing. 

11 hours ago, Grey Area said:

It’s a big complicated universe, the more I learn about it the more I understand about what we don’t yet know.  There’s plenty of room in there for a revelation or two about the nature of life and death.

I can't disagree with this. If you go by what some say around here, we've figured it all out. I'm often reminded about how our senses are too glitchy. There are times when I think we don't even have a clue about .5% of what's going on. That we as a species are just feebly fumbling around in the dark with a flashlight that has a half dead battery. 

I'm finding that I doubt myself a lot more as of late. Perhaps mortality has a part in that....

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Who U gonna call.....

• Haha 1

6 pages or 60 its still a case of the countless numbers of people telling stories for so very long yet we still only have stories nothing else which in and of itself seems odd if there was any reality to claims.

Perhaps im more jaded my entire life was into the club music scene, punk, goth, rock etc so a lot of a certain type gravitate to my world i would love to have a nickel for every person who made claims of conjuring summering this or that spooky with nothing but a story and most times ego to show.

I still think some folks get bored with how things really are and need the paranormal to feel more special to feel like there is more to it all, a delusion of sorts,  i hope im wrong and they are right.