Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queen Strips Prince Andrew of All Military Titles and Patronages

el midgetron

Buckingham Palace announced Thursday that Queen Elizabeth has stripped her son Prince Andrew of all military titles and patronages and he will no longer be entitled to use His Royal Highness (HRH) as a form of address.

The action – effective immediately – means he is now forced to defend his sexual abuse case in a U.S. court as a “private citizen.” The civil case, brought by Virginia Giuffre, is due to move into a discovery phase soon where Andrew may have to sit for an interview under oath – known as a deposition.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/01/13/queen-strips-prince-andrew-of-all-military-titles-and-patronages/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/13/uk/prince-andrew-military-titles-charities-intl-gbr/index.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/13/queen-elizabeth-strips-prince-andrews-remaining-royal-affiliations-as-he-fights-epstein-accuser-suit-as-private-citizen.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good, Epstein and maxwell have shown the super rich are not above the law, now let’s show that old money is the same.

• Like 3

This still kind of strikes me as being penalized before being proven guilty. Something bothers me about that.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

This still kind of strikes me as being penalized before being proven guilty. Something bothers me about that.

Prince Andrew has been evading this for about 4 years. He's done nothing to help himself. He's not really giving people much of a choice. 

I don't blame Queen Elizabeth for what she did. Prince Charles and Prince William are over this too. His siblings are avoiding him. Look at the links that are being provided. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Prince Andrew has been evading this for about 4 years. He's done nothing to help himself. He's not really giving people much of a choice. 

I don't blame Queen Elizabeth for what she did. Prince Charles and Prince William are over this too. His siblings are avoiding him. Look at the links that are being provided. 

They have the choice to not penalize him before he is proven guilty. I always felt people are entitled to a fair trial before they should be penalized.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

They have the choice to not penalize him before he is proven guilty. I always felt people are entitled to a fair trial before they should be penalized.

He's just upsetting everyone with his antics. He needs to stop evading and step up. He'll either be proven guilty or innocent but the RF shouldn't have to tolerate him hiding behind them and acting like he is. He's doing it to himself. Even veterans are asking for his military honors to be removed. This article says he was stripped of using HRH. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/veterans-ask-queen-to-strip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

He's just upsetting everyone with his antics. He needs to stop evading and step up. He'll either be proven guilty or innocent but the RF shouldn't have to tolerate him hiding behind them and acting like he is. He's doing it to himself. Even veterans are asking for his military honors to be removed. This article says he was stripped of using HRH. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/veterans-ask-queen-to-strip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles

OK, you support penalizing before a fair trial. I got that. I just pointed out why I have some general philosophical issues with that and it's not with just this case in particular but in general.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

He's not being penalized.  The royal family are distancing themselves from him.  This is not an official punishment.  There probably never will be any real punishment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

OK, you support penalizing before a fair trial. I got that. I just pointed out why I have some general philosophical issues with that and it's not with just this case in particular but in general.

He's been evading a fair trial and hiding behind them. They're over it! He needs to grow a pair and show up for trial. We'll see if he's found innocent or guilty.

• Like 2

It looks like the dominoes are falling in the US also:

“A whole lot of John Does are likely more nervous this morning. At issue? Virginia Giuffre’s request to unseal documents that name names in her since-settled civil lawsuit against Ghislaine Maxwell, which led to a lengthy and ongoing open-records battle.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/whos-sweating-now-ghislaine-maxwell-ends-fight-to-keep-john-doe-names-sealed/

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, simplybill said:

It looks like the dominoes are falling in the US also:

“A whole lot of John Does are likely more nervous this morning. At issue? Virginia Giuffre’s request to unseal documents that name names in her since-settled civil lawsuit against Ghislaine Maxwell, which led to a lengthy and ongoing open-records battle.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/whos-sweating-now-ghislaine-maxwell-ends-fight-to-keep-john-doe-names-sealed/

I've been in the Epstein thread and I just saw this. It seems Ghislaine isn't going to fight this. The John Does are trying to but who knows what will happen.

https://www.nytimespost.com/prince-andrews-accusers-lawyers-demand-unsealing-of-information-about-epstein-and-maxwell/

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

This is not as much about penalising him as it is an attempt (bound to fail) to insulate the royal family from any fallout from the current on going case. Just to be clear, it is the Royal Family itself, which required that he hand in his patronages. 

It is also a reflection on the  existent fact that he mingled for years with people who are now convicted criminals and a few other news worthy bad choices over the years. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

This is not as much about penalising him as it is an attempt (bound to fail) to insulate the royal family from any fallout from the current on going case. Just to be clear, it is the Royal Family itself, which required that he hand in his patronages. 

It is also a reflection on the  existent fact that he mingled for years with people who are now convicted criminals and a few other news worthy bad choices over the years. 

As a family, they've just decided they had enough and put their foot down. Just like any other family. Andrew alone is responsible for what he is being accused of. He can't keep hiding and ignoring everything. 

• Like 4

Some are saying that it's only because of his difficulties that people are turning on him, but I think not. Back in 2002 on the 20th Anniversary of the Falklands War I met a PO who had served with Prince Andrew on HMS Invincible. He told me that he was a right piece of work, to be very polite, and not liked. There was also something about Prince Andrew, a piano and steam catapult, but memory is a bit skimpy on the details.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The gazes of Prince Andrew these days says it all:

That is not the look of an innocent man. Its the look of a trapped man, with no way out, who knows what is coming.

Serves him right for ever attending pedophile Island. Now the feds nest go after the rest. Like Clinton for example

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Serves him right for ever attending pedophile Island. Now the feds nest go after the rest. Like Clinton for example

I wonder if he was ever there at the same time with some of the others?  If he had the capability to put the finger on Billy or Hils, I bet we'd be seeing them rushing to his aid.  I can't help wondering if this whole thing isn't going to unravel at some point when a guilty verdict makes one of them sing like a caged bird.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Mummy, that's so unfair!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Br Cornelius

Just to belabour the point that myopia and anti-Clinton paranoid CT's are a little dangerous  from the esteemed conseratives when your poster boy has a 15 year association with Epstein;

According to an interview with Cosmopolitan in 2002, Donald Trump said that he and Jeffrey Epstein were “great friends” who knew each other for fifteen years. That puts their first meeting in the late 1980s. At that time, Epstein just started his own investment firm and was making connections with CEOs like Leslie Wexner. 

https://filmdaily.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Epstein-Trump-1-1.jpg

Of course this is no defense of Clinton but I ask you where is your analysis when you are been so partisan about the Epstein fallout. Maybe its because you buy into the whole Qanon bull****.

Br Cornelius

9 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

He hung out with Epstein.

Br Cornelius

You're really going to lose it when you find out just who all hung out with Epstein. There's witnesses on what Trump's association was, and a whole lot more. Actually, none of the victims have mentioned any abuse against Trump or Clinton as of now. The question is what do they know about what was going on. Trump flew with Epstein once and never went to Little St James. He was seen at public events with him, and all these pictures are taken in public. Clinton flew with Epstein 26 times and did go to the island. He was also at the Zorro Ranch. Court and questioning is in order for both.

Of course, there's Jean-Luc Brunel and his role in this in Europe, but unfortunately, it's up to the French to deal with him. Epstein also had an apartment mansion in Paris that was frequented by Andrew, Bill Gates, Steve Bannon and others.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

Could we keep this on topic please and avoid the derogatory personal remarks.

Thank you.

• Like 2