Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Updated CDC COVID 19 Quarantine and Isolation Guidance as of 09 January 2022


Manwon Lender
 Share

Recommended Posts

 @GuyverI sincerly hope this helpful!:tu:

Calculating Quarantine

The date of your exposure is considered day 0. Day 1 is the first full day after your last contact with a person who has had COVID-19. Stay home and away from other people for at least 5 days. Learn why CDC updated guidance for the general public.

Calculating Isolation

Day 0 is your first day of symptoms or a positive viral test. Day 1 is the first full day after your symptoms developed or your test specimen was collected. If you have COVID-19 or have symptoms, isolate for at least 5 days.

Who does not need to quarantine?

If you had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and you are in one of the following groups, you do not need to quarantine.

1.  You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines.

2.  You had confirmed COVID-19 within the last 90 days (meaning you tested positive using a viral test).

After quarantine

1.  Watch for symptoms until 10 days after your last close contact with someone with COVID-19.

2.  If you have symptoms, isolate immediately and get tested.

There is a great deal more information at the link to the CDC site below, I have only posted the highlights of the changes. If you fall in to any of these categories I would recommend going to the link and reading all the updated information!

COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation | CDC

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Common sense. When you have the flu or a bad cold, you stay home a couple of days until you recover and avoid contaminating others.

It's a matter of respect. I don't know why we need 'guidelines' to tell us that.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Common sense. When you have the flu or a bad cold, you stay home a couple of days until you recover and avoid contaminating others.

It's a matter of respect. I don't know why we need 'guidelines' to tell us that.

Man I wish common sense prevailed.  I have worked with many sick people and come to work sick myself because a job needed to go out or a project needed to be finished.  People without benefits sometimes can't afford the pay loss.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Only_ said:

Common sense. When you have the flu or a bad cold, you stay home a couple of days until you recover and avoid contaminating others.

It's a matter of respect. I don't know why we need 'guidelines' to tell us that.

Where do you live in a small village somewhere in the mountains, because in the current world the utopia your talking about doesn’t exist!:unsure:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Man I wish common sense prevailed.  I have worked with many sick people and come to work sick myself because a job needed to go out or a project needed to be finished.  People without benefits sometimes can't afford the pay loss.

If you still can go to work with COVID, that tell us all we need to know.

We don't shut down economic activies and put people on lockdowns because of the flu or seasonal cold.

Vulnerable people should get their vaccines, wear a mask if necessery but the rest of the world should move on.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Only_ said:

If you still can go to work with COVID, that tell us all we need to know.

We don't shut down economic activies and put people on lockdowns because of the flu or seasonal cold.

Vulnerable people should get their vaccines, wear a mask if necessery but the rest of the world should move on.

People get sent home from work because of the flu.

Now there is a big lesson for businesses to learn about how to reduce losses due to sick leave.  Regular testing of employees can minimise spread through the workplace and reduce the loss of productivity.

Moving on may not look how you wish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Only_ said:

If you still can go to work with COVID, that tell us all we need to know.

The components I designed while on Nyquil, Dayquil, aspirin, cough Medicine and Benadryl are probably nearly as good as the ones I did when I was healthy and thinking straight.   Still, I would not have trusted myself to be an airline pilot, truck driver, railroad engineer, air traffic controller or surgeon while drugged up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Regular testing of employees can minimise spread through the workplace and reduce the loss of productivity.

Should employees also test for the flu and the cold ? That doesn't make sense.

Since COVID produces symptoms similar to those for pretty much everyone, I no longer see a point in regular testing.

Edited by Only_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Should employees also test for the flu and the cold ? That doesn't make sense.

Since COVID produces symptoms similar to those for pretty much everyone, I no longer see a point in regular testing.

Huh? When did I say employees conduct testing

Adopting strategies to reduce ansenteeism has long been a goal of employers.  Mitigating spread falls under that umbrella.  That's why they remove sick workers and those that can't perform from the workplace.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.