Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michigan university professor, 74, who wore a 'space helmet' AND mask for Zoom class placed on leave

el midgetron

A tenured Michigan university professor has been placed on leave after he told students in a profanity-laced video that he didn't want to know anything about them because they were 'just vectors of disease.'  

'Go complain to your dean, **** you! Go ahead,' Barry Mehler yells in the video. 'I'm retiring at the end of this year and I don't give a flying **** any longer!' ….…..

……In the video, he told students that it didn't matter how hard they worked in his class because he randomly predetermined their grades prior to the semester…..

'None of you… are good enough to earn an A in my class,' Mehler said. 'So I randomly assign grades before the first day of class. I don't want to know anything about you. I don't even want to know your name. I just look at the number and I assign a grade. That is how predestination works...

'And don't come… complaining to me. Take your complaints to God.'   

Mehler has been teaching at Ferris for nearly 30 years in the humanities department and is the director of the university's Institute for the Study of Academic Racism, according to his bio on the university's website that has since been deleted. 

Mehler introduced himself at the beginning of the video wearing what he described as a helmet equipped with filters to protect him from the coronavirus….…

…..I don't know whether you people have noticed, but it's dangerous to breathe the air,' he said in the video. 'Many of your experts are advising wearing masks because there's a deadly virus spreading around the planet. Your civilization is collapsing and life on your planet is going extinct.'…..

……I'm old enough to be your grandpa, and you people are vectors of disease to me,' he said. 'So when I look at a classroom filled with 50 students, I see 50 selfish kids who don't care whether grandpa lives or dies.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10403323/Michigan-university-professor-placed-leave-calling-students-vectors-disease-video.html

This guy is about an hour from me ……..must be something in the water. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

.must be something in the water. 

More likely it's something in the university system of tenure.  My guess is this old b****** has been using "predestination" based on his politics or biases for a LONG time.  He's disgusting and it's good that he's on his way out.  

ETA:

image.jpeg.181a2c7d7c411a42b56cfdba5357c06c.jpeg

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

Wow.  Tenure is a real whopper in some cases.

May as well let this old horse out to pasture a bit early, for the benefit of all.

Disease Vectors... lol.  Rather dramatic old sir, though not wholly inaccurate.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Wow.  Tenure is a real whopper in some cases.

May as well let this old horse out to pasture a bit early, for the benefit of all.

Disease Vectors... lol.  Rather dramatic old sir, though not wholly inaccurate.

You have to wonder if he has enough accumulated leave to just want to force his boss to push him out early.  I learned early on to always be mindful of the 2 week "drop-add" period when taking college courses.  It saved me more than once :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

This guy is about an hour from me ……..must be something in the water. 

Maybe he just popped his cork and was having his Archie Bunker moment before stumbling off into the haze.

• Like 1

By “something in the water” I was relating to him on a loosely sympathetic level. I didn’t get around to actually watching the video until now. He’s an angry old man, Here is a highlights I can’t post here -https://youtu.be/qD5VM0j2lps

@Tatetopa Those Were The Days…. @GromdorI gotta admit I want one too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Okay, I want his helmet...

If this went viral, he could market them and become a millionaire.  America sucks, huh?  

• Haha 1

I watched part of this.  Dude needs to be somewhere quiet so he can have a nice, long nap.  OTOH, I'd pay large to watch him saying goodbye to the boss that so obviously p***ed him off ;) 

Ever watch the movie CONTAGION?  Jude Law is a reporter and here he is in the BEST PPE I've seen, so far :w00t:

Begins at 2:23