Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot: Is the Sasquatch real?

Grim Reaper 6

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s very true, like I have said before until DNA dvidence of a uniquely Unknown creature is discovered in the America’s I will never be a believer my friend!:tu:

At this point it might just take more than unique DNA unless the lab was really top shelf,

For me at this point im so dead set sure BF doesnt exist i really need a specimen or part of one alive or dead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

At this point it might just take more than unique DNA unless the lab was really top shelf,

For me at this point im so dead set sure BF doesnt exist i really need a specimen or part of one alive or dead.

Well when I said DNA evidence I was talking about absolute proof, which means there would also have be a scientific journal written up on the discovery.

I also don’t believe it exists either, and the only thing that would change my mind is DNA of an undiscovered hominid species!

Take care Bats!:tu:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well when I said DNA evidence I was talking about absolute proof, which means there would also have be a scientific journal written up on the discovery.

I also don’t believe it exists either, and the only thing that would change my mind is DNA of an undiscovered hominid species!

Take care Bats!:tu:

I guess i have reserves with dna due to charlatans, blind believers and etc,

So for me to accept only dna would take several top names agreeing with the results and presenting what the dna came from,

yeah, im saying at this point dna to me is a kin to a foot print cast, i need to see what made the track or left the dna.

Im not much worried about it if BF were real we would have proof, just too many people are hunting it and coming up empty.

• Like 1

More or less impossible that one was not shot or hit by a car... We have hunting cameras all over North America and not counting the cameras in road migratory pass. If there's an unknown great ape species somewhere is in some remote tropical forests.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

If there's an unknown great ape species somewhere is in some remote tropical forests.

Which in itself is not likely at all for many reasons including habitat, breeding populations, lack of physical evidence and apparent elusiveness.

• Like 4

This is where the grasping true believer says BF is an alien, xdimensional, shape shifter, etc etc etc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There are so many excuses as to why searches fail. There seem to be an endless number of excuses.

Well sure, while ive said i would be delighted if BF was proven real i dont have any horse in the race but you have seen how true believers are on here, part ego and part that their beliefs control their very lives.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

A type specimen (or part of one) is the only way footie would ever be established as a novel taxon.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Resume said:

A type specimen (or part of one) is the only way footie would ever be established as a novel taxon.  

Of course. And 50 years ago, one could argue about the theoretical Higgs Bosin, and just because no proof of such a particle
existed, it never stopped scientists from being curious and receptive. 

but with BigFoot in here.... it is so different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And yet the Higgs Boson has been found despite it being beyond ridiculously small.

Yet a 6 - 12 foot tall, 500+ pound breeding population of creature that live all over the world hasn't.

Makes one wonder why...

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Of course. And 50 years ago, one could argue about the theoretical Higgs Bosin, and just because no proof of such a particle

It's different in the fact that footie is an alleged continentally distributed breeding population of 6-9 ft tall bipedal apes, co-habiting with a human population for at least 15,000 years, yet no hide nor hair has ever been documented.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

More or less impossible that one was not shot or hit by a car... We have hunting cameras all over North America and not counting the cameras in road migratory pass. If there's an unknown great ape species somewhere is in some remote tropical forests.

Remember it’s been proposed they are transdementional beings !:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Huge difference. With QM all of the predictions were turning out true. The Higgs boson observations required a more powerful device to test the idea. When that device existed a test was run and the particle was revealed. That showed that QM continued to be correct.

Take BF. You might say that the PG film was evidence for it. There have been some prints suggesting it.

But there were no good pieces of evidence such as QM experienced. There are n bones, no fossils, no teeth, no hair, no DNA, no scat, nothing as compelling as the QM evidence that compelled researchers to find that Higgs boson.

Comparing the two makes no sense when looking at the trail of evidence for one and the complete lack of good evidence for the other.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

And yet the Higgs Boson has been found despite it being beyond ridiculously small.

Yet a 6 - 12 foot tall, 500+ pound breeding population of creature that live all over the world hasn't.

Makes one wonder why...

Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting.

— Ernest Rutherford

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Remember it’s been proposed they are transdementional beings !:D

Yeah I know... so it mean that they are not a kind of primate in that case... whatever, lol !

Bigfoot Alien - Bigfoot Alien - Sticker | TeePublic

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Resume said:

It's different in the fact that footie is an alleged continentally distributed breeding population of 6-9 ft tall bipedal apes, co-habiting with a human population for at least 15,000 years, yet no hide nor hair has ever been documented.

So you refuse to take into consideration that the beast could be an interdimensional character,,, maybe. 

20 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So you refuse to take into consideration that the beast could be an interdimensional character,,, maybe. 

Why would I?

Edited by Resume

11 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Really...?

when was the last time a red wolf was hit by a car - or even SEEN?

13 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Really...?

when was the last time a red wolf was hit by a car - or even SEEN?

Dude. Seriously? Am I missing some sort of joke or sarcasm?

If so, I apologize. But if not, I can't even begin to imagine how that is remotely logical in your brain. It takes 10 seconds to Google search something.

https://www.redwolfreview.info/issues_concerns.html

"There are a number of public and private roads traversing the Albemarle Peninsula, where red wolves live in the wild. As such, red wolves are prone to getting hit by vehicles, a phenomenon that has accounted for a large amount of wolf mortalities despite signs and warnings. More warnings and driver education are the primary methods being used to combat this dangerous problem."

https://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/2021/06/roadway-collision-suspected-in-red-wolfs-death/

Anyway, comparing bigfoot to the red wolf is ridiculous.

Even with only the small population red wolves are very well studied.

Besides cars being an issue, there's also the human factor.

https://www.nwf.org/Educational-Resources/Wildlife-Guide/Mammals/Red-Wolf

"In the past few years there has been a rash of red wolf killings. In less than a month in late 2013, six red wolves were found shot, and the attacks continue."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

If so, I apologize. But if not, I can't even begin to imagine how that is remotely logical in your brain. It takes 10 seconds to Google search something.

"There are a number of public and private roads traversing the Albemarle Peninsula, where red wolves live in the wild. As such, red wolves are prone to getting hit by vehicles, a phenomenon that has accounted for a large amount of wolf mortalities despite signs and warnings. More warnings and driver education are the primary methods being used to combat this dangerous problem."

https://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/2021/06/roadway-collision-suspected-in-red-wolfs-death/

"In the past few years there has been a rash of red wolf killings. In less than a month in late 2013, six red wolves were found shot, and the attacks continue."

Holee cow, this is not the view I had of the Red wolf. Years ago, it was darn near extinct. Seriously. Things have changed

• Thanks 2

It would be cool….

but I’ve said it before here- There simply isn’t any square foot of  land that has not had feet on ground many times over in North America.

A bigfoots diet would be considerably large pushing it into contact (provable contact) with humans.

Id be open to the possibility of a bigfoot existing in the 1500s in North America. But not currently. No way.

8 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Yeah I know... so it mean that they are not a kind of primate in that case... whatever, lol !

Bigfoot Alien - Bigfoot Alien - Sticker | TeePublic

Here is another pictorial representation of Bigfoot entering a multidimensional realm for a birthday party::lol:

5583EA0A-CA7F-4F51-8D3D-6AA1D6136FB0.webp

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I was not familiar with the Red Wolf until you posted the above information, thanks it’s very interesting!

Peace!:tu:

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, stereologist said:

The problem is that the stories or legends or myths (not sure what is the correct term if any of these are) told by Native Americans are all different and BF promoters lump them into a pan-American single story. Each culture has its own rich history that is being twisted to fit some BF narrative.

Well said.

We tend to lump every thing into large consistent canons because that fits our religious, societal and political structure.  Not the case with many native groups.  I spent a little time with Indians over the last couple of decades, mostly Warm Springs, Lakota, and Blackfeet people.  We identify tribes and put Blackfeet  or Lakota in a single box.  Within that there are clans and families and tiyospaye.  Those are larger extended family groups and friends that in the old days  liked to travel and camp together.   Every one of those had their own traditions, stories and interpretation of the larger mythology.  As you might imagine, members of those groups coming together for large ceremonies  have evolved different ways to conduct a ceremony, different songs and different stories about the world.  One of the most common things you hear at large ceremonial gatherings is "That is not the way I was taught."   Most Indians I have met consider those different ways and stories equivalent and equally valid  expressions of personal relations with a creator and creation. Uniformity of belief or mythology  is not a requirement.

All that is just to say that anybody who promotes the idea of an "Indian"  narrative of Bigfoot is likely off base.  

• Like 3