Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot: Is the Sasquatch real?

Grim Reaper 6

3 hours ago, Nobu said:

It would be cool….

but I’ve said it before here- There simply isn’t any square foot of  land that has not had feet on ground many times over in North America.

A bigfoots diet would be considerably large pushing it into contact (provable contact) with humans.

Id be open to the possibility of a bigfoot existing in the 1500s in North America. But not currently. No way.

Sorry I must seriously disagree with you on the bolded comments above! The Cascade Mountain Range one of the most rugged and desolate locations in North America and Canadian and there are plenty of places out there that have never had a human foot print upon it!

“”There are 3,753 named mountains in Cascade Range. The Cascade Range, also referred to as the Cascades, is a major mountain range that extends from southern British Columbia to Northern California. Extending northward for over 700 miles, the Cascades range stretches from Lassen Peak in northern California, through Oregon and Washingtonbefore reaching British Columbia.””  https://www.britannica.com/place/Cascade-Rang

Total size of the Cascade Mountain range - 151,472 km²

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Really...?

when was the last time a red wolf was hit by a car - or even SEEN?

Me, a red wolf roadkill never, however...

Over in titusville was a 50s jungle zoo theme park as years pasted it went down hill then by the late 70s early 80s it went defunct some animals were sold, some monkeys were released or escaped and out highway 50 and A1A i personally saw monkey/ape roadkill, now the population of these wild apes was very small lots of people saw them , thst wasnt the only roadside zoo in florida.

To breed there would have to be far more BF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nobu said:

It would be cool….

but I’ve said it before here- There simply isn’t any square foot of  land that has not had feet on ground many times over in North America.

A bigfoots diet would be considerably large pushing it into contact (provable contact) with humans.

Id be open to the possibility of a bigfoot existing in the 1500s in North America. But not currently. No way.

I dont fully agree with your specific but do with your point,

I believe there is land that has never had a human step on it and not a reach if a human couldnt get to it neither could bigfoot, simple physics if bigfoot were real 800 plus pounds 7 plus feet tall he wouldnt be all that agile.

Food is a huge issue a creature of that size in a number to be a breeding pop would eat a lot of what they eat and dump it too yet zero evidence of a bf feeding or toilet,

Sure, we have very well documented accounts of all kinds of wild creatures coming into town for meals never a BF.

Another huge flaw is most country claimed to be BF territory is also froze up in the winter, a creature like BF would get skinny fast in the winter,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Another huge flaw is most country claimed to be BF territory is also froze up in the winter, a creature like BF would get skinny fast in the winter,

And would leave one hell of a lot of physical evidence in the snow, including a frozen body or three.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Really...?

when was the last time a red wolf was hit by a car - or even SEEN?

I saw red wolf in 1990. Does that help?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sorry I must seriously disagree with you on the bolded comments above! The Cascade Mountain Range one of the most rugged and desolate locations in North America and Canadian and there are plenty of places out there that have never had a human foot print upon it!

“”There are 3,753 named mountains in Cascade Range. The Cascade Range, also referred to as the Cascades, is a major mountain range that extends from southern British Columbia to Northern California. Extending northward for over 700 miles, the Cascades range stretches from Lassen Peak in northern California, through Oregon and Washingtonbefore reaching British Columbia.””  https://www.britannica.com/place/Cascade-Rang

Mountain climbers have been in there for a century trying to climb every peak and cross every valley. And below there are loggers and prospectors and all sorts of people. I've been to places in Alaska where a town of 10,000 lived at one time and there was nothing for me to find. I suppose if I did some digging I'd uncover something but places that look untouched have been touched extensively.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Indians, French trappers, gold and fortune seekers then literally 220 years of western settlement. You guys ever hear of the Oregon  trail?

I know because it seems mysterious and foreboding to you and you discount how much ingenuity/perseverance people before you had; you can simply look at a mountain and say to yourself “yep! No one’s ever been there!”.

well, they have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

Mountain climbers have been in there for a century trying to climb every peak and cross every valley. AThank you sencerely from the bottom of my heart, for your consideration !d below there are loggers and prospectors and all sorts of people. I've been to places in Alaska where a town of 10,000 lived at one time and there was nothing for me to find. I suppose if I did some digging I'd uncover something but places that look untouched have been touched extensively.

Well maybe I should have phrased it differently as follows. I lived in Tacoma Washington for approximately 20 years and from peronal experience I can say once you cross into the actual Cascade range ( High Country ) you see no one, and the deeper you go the signs of human contact like trash, power lines and trails disappear completely. I use to do a lot of hiking and some climbing and in my opinion the only people who really know the area are members of the Native American population because even the maps are not great in some areas. Most of my trips were with my friend who were Native American.

Does this mean I am saying Bigfoot is real well hell no, I currently dont beleive in Bigfoot but if he did exist it would take open country like that for him to hide in!

Peace my friend:tu:!!

14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well maybe I should have phrased it differently as follows. I lived in Tacoma Washington for approximately 20 years and from peronal experience I can say once you cross into the actual Cascade range ( High Country ) you see no one, and the deeper you go the signs of human contact like trash, power lines and trails disappear completely. I use to do a lot of hiking and some climbing and in my opinion the only people who really know the area are members of the Native American population because even the maps are not great in some areas. Most of my trips were with my friend who were Native American.

Does this mean I am saying Bigfoot is real well hell no, I currently dont beleive in Bigfoot but if he did exist it would take open country like that for him to hide in!

Peace my friend:tu:!!

I agree that there are less frequented places, but there are all sorts of climbers and explorers out there. There is a recent movie called The Alpinist. You should see what he does and the places he goes. The opening scene is Mt Waddington.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is an interesting pieceby one of the foremost cryptozoologists in the world.

I found it while looking for the results of the eDNA study by Meldrum.

https://tetzoo.com/blog/2021/4/23/comments-on-an-interview-with-jeff-meldrum

The blog entry covers

• The difficulties of publication
  • The tainted reports people rely on, i.e. the stories
  • The trouble with tracks
  • The lack of DNA evidence

This is a good place to look up what are the pros and cons on these subjects as pertaining to BF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

Here is an interesting pieceby one of the foremost cryptozoologists in the world.

I found it while looking for the results of the eDNA study by Meldrum.

https://tetzoo.com/blog/2021/4/23/comments-on-an-interview-with-jeff-meldrum

The blog entry covers

• The difficulties of publication
  • The tainted reports people rely on, i.e. the stories
  • The trouble with tracks
  • The lack of DNA evidence

This is a good place to look up what are the pros and cons on these subjects as pertaining to BF

I recommend listening to the interview itself too. It's very enlightening about certain perspectives in cryptozoology.

• Like 5