Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dessert leaves children 'tired and irritable'

Eldorado

An East London primary school has banned children from enjoying puddings at lunchtime as staff believe they're 'impacting their education.

Scott Wilkie Primary School in Newham has banned stodgy puddings after raising concerns that 'sugar crash' is leaving their pupils "tired and irritable" in the afternoon.

The school will instead use the money previously spent on dessert to provide kids with a healthy morning snack, such as fruit bowls, yoghurts and cereal bars, reports Stoke on Trent live.

MSN

• Haha 1

Oh dear, to quote pink floyd

If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I did sciences I can't accept that someone has reached the conclusion that the number of people who can do 2+2=4 will go from 80% to 90% in Primary Two by banning pudding, there something extremist about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ethereal_scout said:

Oh dear, to quote pink floyd

If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I did sciences I can't accept that someone has reached the conclusion that the number of people who can do 2+2=4 will go from 80% to 90% in Primary Two by banning pudding, there something extremist about it.

From the article....

"Our children used to sit down with their main meal and pudding and while backs were turned would eat the pudding before the main."

They've obviously never heard of supervision or "If you don't eat your greens, you're not getting a pudding".  Poorly trained.  Or simply well-meaning idiots.  Maybe they had too many puddings as a child.

• Like 1

Don't mean to sound so much like an old grump but the sugar dump usually DOES cause a drop in attention afterward.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Don't mean to sound so much like an old grump but the sugar dump usually DOES cause a drop in attention afterward.  

They could maybe try some exercise after lunch.  Running around with your friends doesn't need much concentration.

• Like 2