Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tsunami hits Tonga after giant volcano eruption

Eldorado

Tsunami waves caused by a giant underwater volcanic eruption have hit the Pacific country of Tonga.

Social media footage showed water washing through a church and several homes, and witnesses said ash was falling over the capital, Nuku'alofa.

A tsunami warning sent residents scrambling to higher ground.

The eruption of the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Haʻapai volcano sent shockwaves across the South Pacific.

Tonga's capital lies just 65km north of the volcano.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-60007119

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

My source has indicated that this could become a much larger problem, resulting in widespread underwater seismic events, flooding many coastal communities.  The problem, as I have warned in the past here, is that when you remove the ice from the polar caps, there is a large redistribution of mass, which may be the underlying cause of this unusual ocean activity in the future.  

We should be prepared for the potential of more of these, and similar events.

The Earth is at war, whether we recognize it or not, and humble ourselves, will determine the future course of this grim reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

My source has indicated that this could become a much larger problem, resulting in widespread underwater seismic events, flooding many coastal communities.  The problem, as I have warned in the past here, is that when you remove the ice from the polar caps, there is a large redistribution of mass, which may be the underlying cause of this unusual ocean activity in the future.  

The Earth is at war, whether we recognize it or not, and humble ourselves, will determine the future course of this grim reality.

There has been scientific studies that related ice loss to sismic activity.

The shockwave from the eruption was recorded on weather stations around the world, including here in the UK (just after 7pm).   Interestingly, where I live it was dead clam all day, except for one slight gust coinciding with the pressure change.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 22.17.58.png

• Like 2

Tonga's small outer islands suffered extensive damage from a massive volcanic eruption and tsunami, with an entire village destroyed and many buildings missing, a Tongan diplomat said on Tuesday, raising fears of more deaths and injuries.

MSN

• Sad 1

Man survives 27-hour swim after tsunami

In an interview with Tongan media agency Broadcom Broadcasting, Mr Folau explained how he has limited function in his legs due to a disability and that he was “bashed around” during the ordeal by multiple tsunami waves.

Mr Folau was painting his home when he was alerted about the tsunami by his brother on Saturday.

He was swept out to sea when the tsunami hit soon after, destroying large parts of the small Atata island that was a home for him and 60 others.

MSN

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:19 AM, Raptor Witness said:

Yeh seeing earthquakes in Alaska and in California recently going up in past days.

Definitely a reminder that the planet can surprise us at any time.    Not on purpose of course.   These things have been happening for billions of years.   

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 1:10 AM, Eldorado said:

Conspiracy theorists think this ‘white object’ caused the Tonga volcano eruption

MSN

What white object??