Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nato vs. Russia: Who would win a war?


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, and then said:

 I'd wondered why Vlad would dare to stir a hornet's nest unnecessarily.  REAL insurrections and insurgencies create an effective "blood sponge" for the invading troops and in this case it could also cause huge political and economic displacements for Russia so WHY bring down all that pain?

Then I came across this:

https://www.eurasiareview.com/16042020-the-water-crisis-in-crimea-analysis/

"In February, the city administration announced that Simferopol, the capital of the Russian-annexed Crimea, had enough water supply to last only 100 days. The water shortage in one of the biggest cities on the peninsula reflects the situation in the entire region. In 2014, in response to the annexation of Crimea, Kyiv decided to cut off the water supply to the peninsula. Chronic water shortages have been an acute problem ever since.

Crimea has always depended on the water supply from the mainland. The 400-kilometer-long North Crimean Canal (NCC) carried water from Ukraine’s biggest river, Dnipro, to the peninsula. Before the occupation, the canal provided 85% of drinkable water to Crimea".

This^ seems to be reason enough to roll the dice for Vlad.  IIRC, a limited incursion in the east of Ukraine, once completed and reinforced, would alleviate this problem altogether.  I really think he's going to go for it and I think he'll take the chance because he has no respect for Biden - or whoever he thinks is running our government - and he believes he'll be allowed to consolidate the grab and wait out the sanctions.

https://uacrisis.org/en/74909-crimea-water-supply

"Russian media claim that Simferopol will have run short of water by May. Key water reservoirs in the region are one-third full, the supplies are enough to cover the needs by June.  Russia-controlled “state” committee on water management and amelioration in Crimea forecasts an emergency by mid-summer. Russian de-facto authorities expect interrupted water supplies".

Unless he can bluff his way into Biden giving in - a real possibility, IMO - then he doesn't really have a better choice.  Crimea is important enough to them to risk bloodshed over and if Biden and NATO actually resist with military force, UM opinions to the contrary, this could spell serious trouble for the region.  

 

Great finding,

I honestly think Putin has put himself and by extent Western Europe and the US in a rough spot.

Probably the best at this stage the "only choice" would be to WE and US Canada  etc (democratic block) to recognize the return of Crimea to Russia in exchange for Russia to stop this crisis.

Here is another BIG small not so known detail (most people in west do not know about) basically no one speaks of, and it comes in hand with what I wrote before "Hitler´s BS with bigger Russia and how they all "are Russians" but at the time I did not remembered: there are a lot of ethnic (or self identified as such) russians communities that although born, raised and living in Baltic states they do not have their local nationalities, and this is something that Puding is publicly quiet but using in the background for its advantage.

https://www.statelessness.eu/updates/blog/not-just-simple-twist-fate-statelessness-lithuania-and-latvia

https://www.statelessness.eu/updates/blog/non-citizens-baltics-common-misconceptions-explained

Unfortunately I didn´t find the article discussing how these people are being used by Puding 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

China gets a more by waving Yuan than waving guns. And, wars don't happen around infrastructure they've backed. 

Don't need war to split a country in needs, just a bunch of corrupt from other countries pulling strings and it's all over.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, and then said:

Trump refused Nord Stream, Biden okayed it.  

If you were thinking you're qualified to talk about Nord Stream 2, you were mistaken. 

It's currently waiting for technical approval and it will take a while. A looooong while. And that long becomes even loooooonger with each lunatic demand from Russian side.  

Not that opinion of an American president is not interesting to hear, but EU pipelines are entirely EU decision. 

(Trump imagined he can make more room for LNG, just like that, and his boss let him do that because Putin has an idea how gas business works so Trump's useless twitching about NS2 was a nice fig leaf for them, while having zero gravitas for actual gas business. Biden correctly assumed the way EU buys and transports gas is EU's business. Ironically, yeah, LNG will be expanded now.)  

 

13 hours ago, and then said:

 Trump's moves against Russia 

:lol:  

You seriously think the ridiculous trumper propaganda can ever be taken seriously outside your cult? 

Trump wanted to dismantle NATO. It's obsolete he said. 

No excuses can fix that. Excuses and gaslighting only make it worse. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And the latest Russian request is that NATO leaves Romania and Bulgaria, since they joined the alliance after 1997. 

It's not just very amusing, this lunacy will actually have very constructive consequences. As I said earlier, it will be impossible for pro-Russian isolationist nationalists to keep ****ting a little against the EU and civilization in general, while remaining an acceptable part of democratic political life in their countries. 

They'll have to either change the course, either suffer direct conflict with the sane part of the political spectrum. 

It's impossible that Russians have assessed the support their bizarre far-right assets can get in EU countries so incorrectly.

Which makes Putin's moves not explainable by any sane, cogent plan. He's throwing a desperate tantrum. And the last moment to distance from him is right about now. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

And the latest Russian request is that NATO leaves Romania and Bulgaria, since they joined the alliance after 1997. 

It's not just very amusing, this lunacy will actually have very constructive consequences. As I said earlier, it will be impossible for pro-Russian isolationist nationalists to keep ****ting a little against the EU and civilization in general, while remaining an acceptable part of democratic political life in their countries. 

They'll have to either change the course, either suffer direct conflict with the sane part of the political spectrum. 

It's impossible that Russians have assessed the support their bizarre far-right assets can get in EU countries so incorrectly.

Which makes Putin's moves not explainable by any sane, cogent plan. He's throwing a desperate tantrum. And the last moment to distance from him is right about now. 

Probably asking a lot more to have something in the end... common old time barter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Probably asking a lot more to have something in the end... common old time barter.

Yes, I assumed that too, at first, but Russia is asking for half a Europe back, in exchange of not invading Ukraine. 

I mean... :lol:   I'm too fast to blame cocaine lately, for any geopolitical weirdness, but it really does sound like someone snorted up one too many. One metre too many. 

Putin abusing Russia as a tool for attempts to get satisfaction for his personal loss of USSR and Warsaw pact is thoroughly bad news. The good news is that it's being done is such hilariously pompous, irrational manner I'm absolutely certain there's something we don't know about that is happening to Putin. There must be a reason for this extravaganza. He could have lived from EU gas money until his natural death. No one ****s in own plate like this without a damn good reason.   

He acts like he's cornered and I wish I knew what makes him feel like that. (No, it's not NATO encroaching and crap, it's going on for 30+ years and he didn't spontaneously combust before. For some reason, he thinks his time has run out  - health? pretenders to the throne? American retaliation for Trump? all of the above? who knows... but we will know soon enough.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, I assumed that too, at first, but Russia is asking for half a Europe back, in exchange of not invading Ukraine. 

I mean... :lol:   I'm too fast to blame cocaine lately, for any geopolitical weirdness, but it really does sound like someone snorted up one too many. One metre too many. 

Putin abusing Russia as a tool for attempts to get satisfaction for his personal loss of USSR and Warsaw pact is thoroughly bad news. The good news is that it's being done is such hilariously pompous, irrational manner I'm absolutely certain there's something we don't know about that is happening to Putin. There must be a reason for this extravaganza. He could have lived from EU gas money until his natural death. No one ****s in own plate like this without a damn good reason.   

He acts like he's cornered and I wish I knew what makes him feel like that. (No, it's not NATO encroaching and crap, it's going on for 30+ years and he didn't spontaneously combust before. For some reason, he thinks his time has run out  - health? pretenders to the throne? American retaliation for Trump? all of the above? who knows... but we will know soon enough.)

Ehum the agenda is for Canada and USA to sell higher priced fracking gaz to EU....grabbing Russian market. Russia is just getting ****** like Ukraine and the EU in the end, well Ukraine a lot more because they receive all the s*** from everyones meddling in their affairs. Putin throwing a tantrum about loss of market but also missiles and military bases at his door step. You need to had all the dots to have a good picture of the situation. It's way more than Putin wanting to go west...

Right now the Canadian government are throwing some heavy financing on fracking to get a good part of the deal... bunch of capitalist rodents waiting for the carcass of Ukraine.

Edited by Jon the frog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Right now the Canadian government are throwing some heavy financing on fracking to get a good part of the deal.

Hi Jon

I live in oil country and I think in part why the govt is pursuing other markets is because we have had a real problem with getting the pipelines built and have lost a lot of American sales. We had New camps built that were shut down before they were used because of what has been going on and had a depression here, fortunately I was able to keep busy with home renovations and did not feel the same effects that many here did.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Ehum the agenda is for Canada and USA to sell higher priced fracking gaz to EU....grabbing Russian market. Russia is just getting ****** like Ukraine and the EU in the end, well Ukraine a lot more because they receive all the s*** from everyones meddling in their affair. Putin trowing a tantrum about loss of market but also missiles and military bases at his door step. You need to had all the dots to have a good picture of the situation. It's way more than Putin wanting to go west...

Canada and US certainly can compete on EU gas market, and if Putin succeeds in throwing Russia out of EU gas market it certainly will be easier for them, but I seriously doubt they can offer lower prices and more reliable delivery than Norway, Qatar etc.

It's simply not accurate that there was any chance that the more expensive overseas gas could threaten Russian share of EU gas market. 

Not convincing. Putin blew his fuse over something much more interesting. 

 

Regarding Ukraine, wouldn't you say that only one country, Russia, occupied a portion of Ukraine and keeps threatening with invasion? So that '**** from everyone else' pales in comparison. You can blame everyone else for not being efficient enough in responding to Russian aggression, but only Russia can be blamed for an actual act of aggression.

 

Regarding missiles on Putin's doorstep, fine, why are his missiles at mine? 

What the **** is that bizarre Königsberg... 'scuse me, Kaliningrad enclave still doing in Baltic?

How come no one is blathering about nuclear war in case Putin doesn't take his rusty toys out of my neighbourhood? 

Who made him a victim by default, even while he's the one occupying around? 

 

But who cares. The situation is thank god and human stupidity well beyond apologetic verbal gymnastics. 

Putin demands withdrawal of NATO to pre-1997 situation, he got a unison "hahaha, no" answer. As expected. Which brings me back to the fact that only someone who forgot what reality looks like could do such a favour to both EU and NATO, homogenizing them, putting pro-Russian isolationists into position where they can't calmly sabotage their own countries anymore and speeding up the accessions instead of stopping them.

If Putin doesn't want NATO to expand, he should stop giving the neighbourhood the ****ing reason to join NATO.  

 

By the way, the way Lavrov was smiling for the camera makes me think there will be no invasion, probably, Putin will repeat the little green men scheme. Etc. I'm getting on my own nerves when I ramble for too long. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Jon

I live in oil country and I think in part why the govt is pursuing other markets is because we have had a real problem with getting the pipelines built and have lost a lot of American sales. We had New camps built that were shut down before they were used because of what has been going on and had a depression here, fortunately I was able to keep busy with home renovations and did not feel the same effects that many here did.

Even if this Putin's tantrum fizzes out without really tectonic consequences, the EU will certainly look for other suppliers to diversify their gas market. 

Contrary to Russian propaganda, they're far from only or only possible supplier for EU countries. Their share was large, about 40%, and in their miscalculation they thought cutting down the amount of delivered gas will scare EUrope. The effect was precisely the opposite. There was gas sent back recently, just to make a point.

Sure, the price will soar. But it won't be Russia to profit from it.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Germany is certainly doing what it can to slow down or stop arms shipments to Ukraine.  If I remember correctly a few days ago, might of been a week or so, Germany denied arms shipments to Ukraine and not too long ago today Germany has denied the request for Estonia to send their weapons manufactured by Germany to Ukraine.

It does seem Germany is more concerned with potentially upsetting Putin and having gas cut off during winter then in trying to stop Putin from invading Ukraine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

 

It's simply not accurate that there was any chance that the more expensive overseas gas could threaten Russian share of EU gas market. 

 

It's accurate if they throw Russia out of the game...and they are working big time for that to happen...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

It's accurate if they throw Russia out of the game...and they are working big time for that to happen...

No worries. Russia is very successfully throwing themselves out of the game. No way any competition or enemy, real or imaginary, could do them anywhere near the damage they've just done to themselves. They certainly were faster than any competition in wrecking their most reliable source of income. And they are not stopping, they want to make sure it's irreparable.

Like I said, even if Putin stops acting like it's 1947 right now, the EU will both diversify its gas market and increase import from the sane suppliers. 

It was simply the sane thing to do, to buy cheap and reasonably easy to transport gas from Russia. It is simply not the sane thing to do today. And it will remain so until Russia is not a hostage of outdated fantasies anymore.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Germany is certainly doing what it can to slow down or stop arms shipments to Ukraine.  If I remember correctly a few days ago, might of been a week or so, Germany denied arms shipments to Ukraine and not too long ago today Germany has denied the request for Estonia to send their weapons manufactured by Germany to Ukraine.

It does seem Germany is more concerned with potentially upsetting Putin and having gas cut off during winter then in trying to stop Putin from invading Ukraine.

I hope you don't understand, rather than you're intentionally spreading malicious misinterpretations. 

Here's the complete picture why: 

https://www.dw.com/en/why-germany-refuses-weapons-deliveries-to-ukraine/a-60483231

 

And for those who don't feel like reading too much, in short: leading German politicians believe sanctions will be more efficient than classic war and on top of that they think there are historic reasons why Germany must be extra cautious and ethical. While I do believe sanctions will do wonders, I'm also huge fan of sending outrageous amounts of all sorts of weapons to Ukraine. Obviously, not through Germany, problem solved. 

And remembering the Budapest memorandum, it would be about time Ukraine is protected from the existing threat with nuclear weapons. It can only be achieved with nuclear weapons. It probably won't happen, but it would be pure poetry if Russian insisting on the fact they've got nukes and would use them would result in giving Ukraine their nukes back. Not the actual nukes they gave away, of course, something a bit more recently made.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I hope you don't understand, rather than you're intentionally spreading malicious misinterpretations. 

Here's the complete picture why: 

https://www.dw.com/en/why-germany-refuses-weapons-deliveries-to-ukraine/a-60483231

 

And for those who don't feel like reading too much, in short: leading German politicians believe sanctions will be more efficient than classic war and on top of that they think there are historic reasons why Germany must be extra cautious and ethical. While I do believe sanctions will do wonders, I'm also huge fan of sending outrageous amounts of all sorts of weapons to Ukraine. Obviously, not through Germany, problem solved. 

And remembering the Budapest memorandum, it would be about time Ukraine is protected from the existing threat with nuclear weapons. It can only be achieved with nuclear weapons. It probably won't happen, but it would be pure poetry if Russian insisting on the fact they've got nukes and would use them would result in giving Ukraine their nukes back. Not the actual nukes they gave away, of course, something a bit more recently made.   

It's the truth, it's just a truth you are not comfortable admitting.

UK has sent around 2,000 NLAW anti-tank launchers along with 30 commandos to train the Ukrainian military on their proper use.

Canada has given Ukraine a $120 million loan, presumably to buy needed weapons and ammo.

The Baltic states have sent Ukraine javeline and stinger missiles after receiving American approval.  

Czechia, formerly Czech Republic, is working on sending artillery shells to Ukraine.

America is working on sending various weapon systems, including a supply of Mi-17 helicopters orginally meant for Afghanistan.

Various other NATO countries are doing various things, like Turkey continuing to sell Ukraine combat drones, or working on doing them, like Poland looking into what they can send to Ukraine to help them resist an invasion.

What is Germany doing, refusing to send any weapons and blocking countries from sending their weapons if they were made in or supplied by Germany.  Germany just blocked Estonia from sending 122 mm howitzers to Ukraine that they acquired from Germany about two decades ago.  The howitzers themselves were made in Russia.

Ultimately Germany is not helping and is doing everything in their power to slow down or stop Ukraine from being armed well enough to resist a Russian invasion.  While Germany talks about sanctions they oddly enough wont say what sanctions they will put in place or what will warrant them being imposed on Russia.  The reality is Germany is more interested in keeping Russia happy due to relying on their gas supplies then in aiding Ukraine.

Edited by DarkHunter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You seriously think the ridiculous trumper propaganda can ever be taken seriously outside your cult?

Which of his actions against Russia and uncle Vlad can you disprove?  The list is there, why not address it instead of mocking?

Also, the BOM isn't in office today and Biden's own people are scrambling hysterically to deny his words about Ukraine and Putin being totally in control of the decision of what happens there.  I think you may have a mental block where this is concerned, aunty.  Hating Trump is fair game but ignoring REALITY to keep your opinions intact is just embarrassing, or should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 4:17 PM, Tatetopa said:

Propaganda is a raging epidemic on the internet,

Which on the list of Trump's actions against Russia and Putin are propaganda?  Which are incorrect or lies?  Also, when did Trump basically announce - as Biden just did - that Putin is totally in control of when and how he will deal with attacking Ukraine?  Sure, his people are scrambling to undo the chaos but the damage may well be done, already.  Actually, I think Biden just said the quiet part out loud.  He probably tipped his hand accidentally.  I wouldn't doubt that his Pentagon minions are saying precisely the same things.  

Oh, and one question - what do you think about Putin's choice being about the coming emergency over Crimea being unable to have water to survive?  Is that also propaganda?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 3:45 PM, Golden Duck said:

NATO minus USA

Possibly, but if you want to see the capabilities of NATO sans U.S. forces, look no further than the 6-months it took them to neutralize Gaddafi in Libya.  SIX MONTHS...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

American retaliation for Trump?

And can you 'splain to us what that is?  Seriously.  I assume you're saying Biden has taken actions AGAINST Putin.  Show your cards, aunty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, and then said:

Which on the list of Trump's actions against Russia and Putin are propaganda?  Which are incorrect or lies?  Also, when did Trump basically announce - as Biden just did - that Putin is totally in control of when and how he will deal with attacking Ukraine?  Sure, his people are scrambling to undo the chaos but the damage may well be done, already.  Actually, I think Biden just said the quiet part out loud.  He probably tipped his hand accidentally.  I wouldn't doubt that his Pentagon minions are saying precisely the same things.  

Oh, and one question - what do you think about Putin's choice being about the coming emergency over Crimea being unable to have water to survive?  Is that also propaganda?

None of that Andthen, I guess I was unclear.  Can you find anything on the internet that would make you want to trust the Democrats and can they find any reason to trust Republicans?  Can Britain reconcile with Europe?  Can France get along with Germany? Can you even find MSM  (including FOX) stories about anything good in America excluding good Samaritans helping old ladies across the street or rescuing dogs ?

All of it, whether it is true or not is designed to cause anger and outrage between one side and the other both in the US and EU.  It is certainly not all propaganda by Putin although he may be contributing a little, but all of it helps him weaken Europe and the United States.  The longer he waits the less work he has to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It is certainly not all propaganda by Putin although he may be contributing a little, but all of it helps him weaken Europe and the United States.  The longer he waits the less work he has to do.

Fair enough but I was making a different point.  I simply cannot reconcile it when obviously bright people adhere to a party-line to the point of ignoring truth to stay in the zone with Trump-hate.  Biden has rolled over TOTALLY for Putin by his actions and lack thereof.  I'd just imagine some here would acknowledge that, if for no other reason than to protect their credibility, ya know?

Also, what is your opinion of the water crisis as the possible motivation for Putin's actions just now?  I think that lack of water has the real potential to cripple his use of Crimea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, and then said:

Fair enough but I was making a different point.  I simply cannot reconcile it when obviously bright people adhere to a party-line to the point of ignoring truth to stay in the zone with Trump-hate.  Biden has rolled over TOTALLY for Putin by his actions and lack thereof.  I'd just imagine some here would acknowledge that, if for no other reason than to protect their credibility, ya know?

Also, what is your opinion of the water crisis as the possible motivation for Putin's actions just now?  I think that lack of water has the real potential to cripple his use of Crimea. 

Biden has definitely said things he shouldn't have but America as a whole hasnt exactly gave into Putin.  America did approve of the Baltic states sending Ukraine javelin and stinger missiles and a couple of hours ago a shipment of lethal aid from America, weighing in at 200,000 pounds of lethal aid, landed in Ukraine.  Seems the aid was mostly if not completely ammunition.

While none of the post was directed at me there are other issues besides the growing water crisis in Crimea. 

The Russian government recently passed extremely unpopular laws, including pension reform, relatively recently and Putin's popularity has dropped and traditionally when that occurs Putin causes a military incident to boost popularity from a nationalistic wave of support.  

There is also the change in rhetoric from Putin, more precisely Putin is unable to grow the Russian economy anymore for multiple reasons.  Basically its built on raw resource extraction and corruption/oligarchs are preventing much needed economic reform.  Since the start of Putin's recent presidency he has changed from promises of economic growth to promised of returning Russia to what it was as the USSR, which includes reestablishing the old Soviet sphere of influence.  Essentially Putin has staked his recent presidency on rebuilding the USSR and economically that has failed so he is turning to a military solution.

There is also the issue of Ukrania rebuilding its military and defense infrastructure.  Simply every day Ukraine gets stronger militarily and the longer Russia waits the more difficult and costly any military action will be.

There isnt just one reason why Russis is taking a militaristic approach to Ukraine but instead multiple problems all aligning just perfectly for a military confrontation.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

It's the truth, it's just a truth you are not comfortable admitting.

UK has sent around 2,000 NLAW anti-tank launchers along with 30 commandos to train the Ukrainian military on their proper use.

Canada has given Ukraine a $120 million loan, presumably to buy needed weapons and ammo.

The Baltic states have sent Ukraine javeline and stinger missiles after receiving American approval.  

Czechia, formerly Czech Republic, is working on sending artillery shells to Ukraine.

America is working on sending various weapon systems, including a supply of Mi-17 helicopters orginally meant for Afghanistan.

Various other NATO countries are doing various things, like Turkey continuing to sell Ukraine combat drones, or working on doing them, like Poland looking into what they can send to Ukraine to help them resist an invasion.

What is Germany doing, refusing to send any weapons and blocking countries from sending their weapons if they were made in or supplied by Germany.  Germany just blocked Estonia from sending 122 mm howitzers to Ukraine that they acquired from Germany about two decades ago.  The howitzers themselves were made in Russia.

Ultimately Germany is not helping and is doing everything in their power to slow down or stop Ukraine from being armed well enough to resist a Russian invasion.  While Germany talks about sanctions they oddly enough wont say what sanctions they will put in place or what will warrant them being imposed on Russia.  The reality is Germany is more interested in keeping Russia happy due to relying on their gas supplies then in aiding Ukraine.

The misinterpretation you're spreading is Russian made. It aims at creating distrust and division among NATO allies. 

Germany is not trying to protect Russia. They've been the first to help Ukrainian wounded, as they were those who sent the plane to evacuate and save poisoned Russian opposition politician in the last moment. 

Their diplomatic, humanitarian and logistic help for Ukraine is undeniable. Everything except weapons.

Because they've got historic reasons that make them extra ethical. Read Deutsche Welle's article for detailed explanation. (I am surprised someone needs it explained, but there it is. I also don't think Germany should be that strict about themselves, but it is their decision I can only respect.)

 

4 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Simply every day Ukraine gets stronger militarily and the longer Russia waits the more difficult and costly any military action will be.

There isnt just one reason why Russis is taking a militaristic approach to Ukraine but instead multiple problems all aligning just perfectly for a military confrontation.

That problem wouldn't exists for a country with sane regime. In other words, only because Putin thinks he can avoid real Russian domestic problems by expanding Russia he gets to worry about Ukraine (and other neighbours) getting better armed. 

Only a successful territorial gain would somewhat help him, short-term, with his self-inflicted domestic problems and not even Crimea was successful. Trying to 'fix' Crimea will cost him more than he can pay, both financially and in terms of domestic further loss of support. What he fears more than loss of support in the population is the loss of oligarch support and that is guaranteed now.   

 

Serve him right, of course, but these latest hysterics are not strategical thinking, it's throwing everything he's got, doing the worst mistake of showing exactly how little he's got to throw.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The misinterpretation you're spreading is Russian made. It aims at creating distrust and division among NATO allies. 

Germany is not trying to protect Russia. They've been the first to help Ukrainian wounded, as they were those who sent the plane to evacuate and save poisoned Russian opposition politician in the last moment. 

Their diplomatic, humanitarian and logistic help for Ukraine is undeniable. Everything except weapons.

Because they've got historic reasons that make them extra ethical. Read Deutsche Welle's article for detailed explanation. (I am surprised someone needs it explained, but there it is. I also don't think Germany should be that strict about themselves, but it is their decision I can only respect.)

 

That problem wouldn't exists for a country with sane regime. In other words, only because Putin thinks he can avoid real Russian domestic problems by expanding Russia he gets to worry about Ukraine (and other neighbours) getting better armed. 

Only a successful territorial gain would somewhat help him, short-term, with his self-inflicted domestic problems and not even Crimea was successful. Trying to 'fix' Crimea will cost him more than he can pay, both financially and in terms of domestic further loss of support. What he fears more than loss of support in the population is the loss of oligarch support and that is guaranteed now.   

 

Serve him right, of course, but these latest hysterics are not strategical thinking, it's throwing everything he's got, doing the worst mistake of showing exactly how little he's got to throw.  

Hey my sister hope your well, it looks like this conversation is never ending. You try your best to explain things and it’s like no one can comprehend or they are not paying attention to you it’s crazy!:no:

Take care, hope you are well!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, and then said:

And can you 'splain to us what that is?  Seriously.  I assume you're saying Biden has taken actions AGAINST Putin.  Show your cards, aunty.

Zelenskiy just thanked president Biden for unprecedented American diplomatic and military help for Ukraine. 

If you need help with understanding what that means and what are the implications, I'll gladly explain it to you, in great detail. 

 

While your cult keeps spreading Russian propaganda.

When I say 'retaliation for Trump' it means that your cult is not the entire US and the actual American structures simply have to respond to the very rude Russian prank that consisted of helping Trump end up in the place that belongs to an American president. 

The actual American structures had their hands tied while Trump was in POTUS's place, and they have to be very cautious while cleaning their own house, but they will clean it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.