Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weirdest Experiences


Cookie Monster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lets all talk about the weirdest experiences we have had in life, and try if you can to explain what you think caused it. I will do two of mine.

Appearing Object: I read on here a couple of weeks back a topic about a guy who had seen a UFO appear in the sky, out of what he described to be a portal. That really interested me. Not because I have seen a UFO appear but I have seen a windscreen wiper do something similar. From the top it came into existence along a bright moving wave of energy, taking about 2 seconds. Here is an attempt by me to illustrate it: 

wiper.jpg.3654e12e79957fe7296c4dadcae1d349.jpg

I have never seen anything happened like that before. I think reality made a mistake leaving the windscreen wiper off so was correcting itself.

Xmas Present: When I was 15 I asked for a PS2 for Xmas. My parents went out, purchased it, and when they got home I had a look before they wrapped it. On Xmas day there was no PS2, my main present was a mountain bike. That left me confused. I thought, did I imagine it, did I dream it, or are my parents playing a joke on me? I forgot about it and moved on. Then about 10 years later I went to HMV, noticed PS2s in the window, and suddenly it dawned on me that I couldn`t have asked for a PS2 as they didnt exist back then. In fact, even the PS1 didn`t exist so how could I have asked for one. That creeped me out.

When I asked for the PS2 I had just got up out of bed. I think some aspect of my mind at the time, and some aspect of my future mind, were not separated in time. They were one. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

The weird amount of good luck I had over a roughly 7 year period. Despite being the worst (current) years of my life. I have no explanation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I once got home and discovered an extra chicken nugget in my order.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was a teenager there was this abandoned farm house out in the country basically. You had to drive down and up a road to get there.

Me and my bud were looking around it, in the upstairs floor, during the daytime. 

And we heard 'thump thump thump'. 3 distinct thumps that sounded like footsteps on the ground floor. 

We both instantly freeze, and then a second or 2 later we heard it again. Thump thump thump.

I yelled down the steps if anyone was there but got no response. 

We left didn't see anyone. No car parked by my car. No sign of car tracks or anything.

Not really sure what caused it. Maybe some kind of water pipe thumping? But I don't think water was going to that house since it was so abandoned. 

Maybe an animal?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As some of you know there is a controversy called the Mandela Effect where people believe some small changes to reality occur like the Berenstain Bears used to be called the Berenstein Bears. Another one is people claiming the Flintstones spelling sometimes changes to Flinstones.

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus look back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have my own 'seeming miracle' story that involves the book 'The Holy Man and the Psychiatrist'. Here is how it goes.

 

A few decades back now I had an intense interest in the paranormal but very little spiritual understanding from the eastern (India) spiritual traditions. Hinduism was nothing more than an odd ball of confusion in my western mind. At a bookstore I read about a two sentence long message about a Guru in India that is supposedly surrounded by many miracles. I put that name 'Sai Baba' in the back of my mind at that point. During my next trip to my local library I browsed the biography section under 'B' for 'Baba' and ended up coming home with the book 'The Holy Man and the Psychiatrist'. That was the beginning of everything eastern and Sai Baba for me.

 

Now, for the strange (miraculous?? part). Some time later (maybe a year or two) I went back to that library and couldn't find the book. I did a fairly exhaustive search of their records and catalogs and could find no indication that the book exists or ever existed at that library. I really doubt such a new book was dropped by the library when they have books with an inch of dust on them there forever. (Now, to be honest, I can never claim with proof that I am not mistaken in some way and that this all doesn't have a 'normal' explanation, but on this case a paranormal explanation certainly seems to make the most sense and I’ve gone back to that library multiple times). But I can't help but think of how Sai asks that he not be proselytized and that he can reach each person who is ready without our help. Why did I find that book at that library that now supposedly does not exist there? 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Background: There is a young man named Erik Medhus that committed suicide at 20 years of age.  He is now alleged to be an active spiritual aid from the spirit world and his mother has a website Channeling Erik. He is alleged to be a well-known prankster from the other side.

Now the story:

 

I experienced what I believe to be three pranks by Erik. These came after learning about Erik and his proclivity for paranormal pranks and out of curiosity asking for a prank myself.

The request for an Erik prank was made while I for whatever hopeful reasons was using a ouija board by myself. Nothing happened at the time and I left the planchette in the middle. I waited to see if it would move. A day or two later I noticed the planchette a good foot  or more away from the center spot where I left it. Being an open-minded skeptic myself, I assumed I must have done it somehow. (I live alone with no pets). Again I actually suspect this was paranormal but I’m cautious. So, there were probably actually three incidents.

 

The next was my neck pillow I use when on the computer. It went missing and I tore the house up looking for it. And then there it was in the back seat of my car. I live alone and verified the only other person with a key was 100 miles away.

Of course my mind hounded for a normal explanation. Maybe I wore the neck pillow out of the house, realized it and chucked it in the backseat. Or somehow it just landed there when I went out with it on. However, with either of those explanations, the location in the car still didn’t really make sense.

I humorously called out, ‘Erik, is that you?’. No audible response of course.

A day or two later, I pulled my car into the same place in the garage and went to open the garage door to the house and it was locked. I never lock that door from the outside and it would have required a conscious effort against all my normal routine of doing things.

I then said ‘Thank you, Erik!’. I later learned that throwing deadbolts was a known prank of Erik. (Didn’t know it at the time). 

 

A hard-core skeptic can doubt my honesty and competency and what can I say except that I believe these events are highly likely to be paranormal.

I’ll finish by reminding readers that one of Erik’s hallmark traits is harmless paranormal pranks. My story is one of so so many.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just last week me and the wife were walking the dog,on the way back home an oldish woman walked passed us,i like to give people nicknames so i tend to notice distinctive people.she was wearing a red beret,dark glasses and a long camel hair type coat.

About 15 minutes later as we got close to home she passed us again,as we were walking on a long straight path i couldn't work out how she got back in front of us.when i mentioned it to the wife she said the same thing happened to her and the daughter the week earlier,and she said it was the same woman as well.weird.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Just last week me and the wife were walking the dog,on the way back home an oldish woman walked passed us,i like to give people nicknames so i tend to notice distinctive people.she was wearing a red beret,dark glasses and a long camel hair type coat.

About 15 minutes later as we got close to home she passed us again,as we were walking on a long straight path i couldn't work out how she got back in front of us.when i mentioned it to the wife she said the same thing happened to her and the daughter the week earlier,and she said it was the same woman as well.weird.

Maybe if it happens again, speak to her something like hello and see if she responds maybe then you can figue out whats going!:tu:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Lets all talk about the weirdest experiences we have had in life, and try if you can to explain what you think caused it. I will do two of mine.

Appearing Object: I read on here a couple of weeks back a topic about a guy who had seen a UFO appear in the sky, out of what he described to be a portal. That really interested me. Not because I have seen a UFO appear but I have seen a windscreen wiper do something similar. From the top it came into existence along a bright moving wave of energy, taking about 2 seconds. Here is an attempt by me to illustrate it: 

wiper.jpg.3654e12e79957fe7296c4dadcae1d349.jpg

I have never seen anything happened like that before. I think reality made a mistake leaving the windscreen wiper off so was correcting itself.

Xmas Present: When I was 15 I asked for a PS2 for Xmas. My parents went out, purchased it, and when they got home I had a look before they wrapped it. On Xmas day there was no PS2, my main present was a mountain bike. That left me confused. I thought, did I imagine it, did I dream it, or are my parents playing a joke on me? I forgot about it and moved on. Then about 10 years later I went to HMV, noticed PS2s in the window, and suddenly it dawned on me that I couldn`t have asked for a PS2 as they didnt exist back then. In fact, even the PS1 didn`t exist so how could I have asked for one. That creeped me out.

When I asked for the PS2 I had just got up out of bed. I think some aspect of my mind at the time, and some aspect of my future mind, were not separated in time. They were one. 

The strangest thing that ever happened to me was a déjà vu experinece that ocurred in Paris, France at the Catacombes. As soon as we entered on the tour, I felt like I had been there and as we progressed though the tour, I knew what be would around every corner. That deja vu feeling didnt go away even after we left, it felt like a dream and it bothered me for 4 or 5 days after the tour. Whenever, I think about that tour and what occurred that feeling returns like it is right now as I type this reply.

That was the first time I have ever been in France or a catacombe and I have no explanation for that occurrence. Its never happened to me before or since, and I dont believe in any form of the supernatural so I dont know what to say!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes I get an uneasy feeling in my body, for no good reason, and hours later, someone close to me contacts me in distress. Makes no sense.

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I dont believe in any form of the supernatural so I dont know what to say!!

Same.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
40 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Sometimes I get an uneasy feeling in my body, for no good reason, and hours later, someone close to me contacts me in distress. Makes no sense.

Same.

Nothing like this ever happened to me before or since, it was a one time deal.The experience I was describing actually made goose bumps rise up on arms that day, my friend it totally freaked me out. Like I said, I ahd never been there before, but some how I knew what would be around ervery corner. It also freaked my wife out because while we taking the tour, I told her what was happening, and then I started tell her what we see around the next corner. Koreans are very superstitious and it made her so nervious, she was squeezing my arm so tight it was almost cutting the circulation off!:lol:

Peace my friend!:tu:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to join in but i guess being a cynical skeptic keeps me all mundain.

Ive had a few very specific coincidences that some might insist couldnt be,

Ive had tingles and chills odd dreams that seemed to later reflect real life but again nothing that cant just be chalked up to making it fit after the fact.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I wanted to join in but i guess being a cynical skeptic keeps me all mundain.

Ive had a few very specific coincidences that some might insist couldnt be,

Ive had tingles and chills odd dreams that seemed to later reflect real life but again nothing that cant just be chalked up to making it fit after the fact.

Yeah, I hear you. Even my 'uneasy' feelings don't always end with someone in crisis. I guess 1 in 5 are false alarms. Makes me question the randomness of the rest.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zep73 said:

Yeah, I hear you. Even my 'uneasy' feelings don't always end with someone in crisis. I guess 1 in 5 are false alarms. Makes me question the randomness of the rest.

Some might get the mistaken idea that just because i take a skeptical approach to things im closed minded but that isnt the case at all,

I would be delighted if some folks had special powers, if bigfoot was real if ghosts could pop in to say "hi" you get the idea i just need more than belief i need proof,

You experences are a great example and your attitude about it is perfect, you very well might have the connection you speak of problem is you cant prove it and i cant prove you dont.

Lets look at me i fully admit i have mental issues of the nerves, ptsd, panic type bs and sure being keyed up i will get all thinking somethings gonna happen for me about 2 times in 6 i can make something fit but its after the fact,

Now if i had a feeling fred was gonna stub his toe, fall backwards thru a glass coffee table and cut off his earlobe and the next day fred reported any of that happened i would really wish i had jotted it down in detail before the fact.

In that perhaps keep a little note pad when you get your feelings jot down all you can about it then later you can go back to compare notes so to speak.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Maybe if it happens again, speak to her something like hello and see if she responds maybe then you can figue out whats going!:tu:

Im just chalking it down to a weird thing that happens.

She might have walked passed us,got in a car,drove up the road,got out and walked passed again or..

She has a twin sister who likes to dress the same.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Im just chalking it down to a weird thing that happens.

She might have walked passed us,got in a car,drove up the road,got out and walked passed again or..

She has a twin sister who likes to dress the same.

I think I would say something if I keep seeing the same strange person walking around my neighborhood, but hey that’s cool my friend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think I would say something if I keep seeing the same strange person walking around my neighborhood, but hey that’s cool my friend!

I've only ever seen her twice in the space of 15 minutes.never seen her before or since.

Probably a rational explanation,and ive not really gave it a second thought until i seen this thread ,it was weird at the time though.:yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, diddyman68 said:

I've only ever seen her twice in the space of 15 minutes.never seen her before or since.

Probably a rational explanation,and ive not really gave it a second thought until i seen this thread ,it was weird at the time though.:yes:

I had one sorta like that back in orlando,

Im a gear head and notice cars, it was a late 70s trans am with a driver who looked like a flashback to a disco, its shooting down the road the other direction,

Then about 15 mins later different roads we are by our house and here comes the same car from the other direction, i think wth did he get back over here past us,

In my case i wrote it off to he was hot rodding around and i wasnt paying attention to time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Two things stand out for me: 

1) I used to work in a pub with my friend. The person who owned the pub also owned several other ones and one evening we had to go work at another pub to cover for their staff party. We finished the shift past midnight and then went home together in my friends car, home was around 30 minutes away down the motorway. On this occasion the motorway was closed so we went the road way home, took longer but we were chatting and enjoying listening to music. Anyway, we came to a roundabout and took one of the exits off the roundabout where an old pub used to stand (has been demolished). When we came off the roundabout we were chatting away and all of a sudden there was a couple, a man and a woman stood in front of the car. My friend slammed the brakes on and held onto me. The couple looked directly at us and we honestly thought we had hit them.. but when we looked around they were nowhere to be seen. We both saw it and honestly have no explanation for it. 
 

2. *mental health trigger warning*

I used to struggle with SH and feeling rather depressed which was heightened after drinking alcohol. On this one occasion I came home after a night out and was quite emotional (had stuff going on in my life) and I was stood in my kitchen by my window crying. I had an urge to hurt myself but before I even had the chance I heard a knock at my kitchen windows. I freaked the hell out because it was the early hours of the morning and I had this overwhelming fear that someone was outside my window looking in at me. I turned off the lights and looked out of the window. I couldn’t see anything as it was pitch black and the window looks onto my back garden and behind the garden is lots of fields. Again I heard another knock at the window and I ran straight upstairs and straight into bed. All feelings I had being experiencing prior to that were gone as I was scared. I wondered days after if this had been a sign that someone was trying to distract me from what I could have done that night and it worked. I didn’t think about it but a while after I went to a medium with my mum and some other family members. This medium uses Table turning to speak to the deceased and she blew us all away (that’s another sorry). Anyway, as we were finishing she asked if we would like to ask the spirits any questions and the night of the knocking at the window popped into my head. Without wanting to give anything away I asked if there was anyone with me the night in the kitchen. The medium used the table to spell words out and stated “knocking at the window”. I froze, and she explained it was my great grandad who was laughing as he didn’t mean to frighten me but was making sure I snapped out of how I was feeling. I was honestly lost for words. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, Cookie Monster said:

Lets all talk about the weirdest experiences we have had in life, and try if you can to explain what you think caused it. 

Interesting thread, and nice topic.  I guess I've had more than my fair share of really weird experiences during my time on this rock, from observing at least two UFO's, seeing other strange lights in the sky, one of which I think was space junk burning up in the atmosphere, etc. and so forth.  I've had at least two experiences that seemed like ESP with my wife, still pretty sure I encountered a sasquatch while camping near Mount St. Helen's, thought I saw my own doppelganger when I was a kid, stuff like that.  But my weirdest experiences are all tied for first in my mind because they all saved me from physical injury of some sort.  Not too drag it out, I'll just give the top three.  Once while falling down a concrete landing with a deep step or curb, I slipped completely off the ground and was spread eagle, face up.  Two invisible hands were placed on my back, stopped me from falling, and placed me back on my feet.  This event was witnessed by my brother.  Another time, I accidentally flipped a dirtbike over a steep cliff.  I blacked out when I looked down and saw the ground disappear beneath me, thinking I was a dead man, but came to on the motorcycle with the engine off and both feet still on the ground immediately after because there was still some dust from my knobbies blowing over the cliff I had just jumped over..  I didn't have a scratch or broken bone, or even a bruise, and I find that completely impossible.  Last but not least, I was on a camping trip with my wife and two kids, pulling a trailer on a freeway up near the former Oakland Raiders stadium, when I was suddenly stuck behind a large truck carrying many rolls of industrial plastic, when I heard a voice speak in my ear and say, "Pull over, take the next exit right now."  I did as the voice said, started heading for the exit, and all the sudden that truck that was just in front of me less than one second ago, had a snapped cable or strap and all those huge rolls of plastic sheeting fell off the back of it and hit the ground right where I was only moments before.  I asked my family if they heard that voice telling me to pull over and they all said no.  I still don't understand any of these things to this day, and I don't have any explanation for them, but I know I didn't make any of it up.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.