Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judge humiliates elderly cancer patient

Eldorado

Last week, a Michigan judge chastized an elderly cancer patient for the state of his yard.

During a January 10 virtual court hearing, Judge Alexis Krot told Burhan Chowdhury, 72, that he should “be ashamed of himself” for failing to maintain his yard. WDIV reported that she also imposed a $100 fine which Chowdhury has to pay before February 1.

Chowdury reportedly tried to explain to Judge Krot that his health issues made it hard for him to tend to his yard.

“If I could give you jail time on this, I would,” the judge commented. “The neighbors should not have to look at that.”

Crime Online

Petition to remove judge who shamed elderly cancer sufferer over unkempt yard reaches 175,000 signatures

MSN

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Petition to remove judge who shamed elderly cancer sufferer over unkempt yard reaches 175,000 signatures

Pretty sure only signatures of registered voters in her district count for anything.

I have to wonder what more to this story there is. The photo of the house is from last August, and it was when the son was out of the country for the summer. The ticket was issued in August. But it's January now, and this came before a judge? I can understand why they were cited in August... but how did that escalate up to appearing in court now in January?

The judge was unprofessional and rude. Since Wayne County just had it's district court elections in 2020, next election would be 2026. However, it could be possible for the locals to call for a recall in this years election if they get on it. 25% of the district would have to petition for the recall- 61560+ constituents of the district. An actual legal election process recall, not just an online org recall. 

17 hours ago, Eldorado said:

MSN

I hope it succeeds. Judges are public servants, not Supreme beings.

17 hours ago, and then said:

How, in God's name, does someone like that rise to such a position?  If she'd treat a sick, elderly man like this, what WOULDN'T she do?  I hope never to stand in front of a judge like that...for ANY reason.  

There is always some whose make it through the system who are usually outed by their own actions regardless of what it is.

It's like they say "absolute power corrupts." And these Judges sit up there and some rule with arrogance, lack of empathy or remorse, for such petty things as this case in point. 

And I believe it will be a career ender, and rightfully so, especially when the law didn't allow for jail, yet she said “If I could give you jail time on this, I would,”

See ya, Witch.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2