Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Michigan Democratic Party Trashes Parental Rights In Education

el midgetron

11 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Good, gender is a spectrum. And no, they are not, they're teaching kids 'hey guys, back in the day white people did this stuff and that's why black people have it hard'. That's not judging people by the color of their skin, that's teaching people how history /actually happened/. Just because your ancestors where dicks don't mean you are, trying to /cover up/ the fact that they were dicks makes you one too, however. 

Nobody is “covering up” history. Go to eBay and buy yourself an American history text book from 40 years ago.

• Like 1

I never thought I'd live long enough to see society become collectively mentally ill. Granted, the crazies have the loudest mouths. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Nobody is “covering up” history. Go to eBay and buy yourself an American history text book from 40 years ago.

Then why the hell did people all over the country only learn about the Tulsa Race Massacre from Watchmen? Why do southern schools still teach 'it was about states rights, please ignore the president of the confederacy saying we're identified with the truth that the negro is not equal to the white man'? Why do people ignore the fact the southern strategy happened? The simple fact is, we don't teach history that makes the ruling ethnic group in this country look bad, and we need to so we can address the problems that came from our ancestors being, and this is the technical term, straight up /dicks/ to everybody who wasn't white...and protestant, depending on the era. 

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Then why the hell did people all over the country only learn about the Tulsa Race Massacre from Watchmen? Why do southern schools still teach 'it was about states rights, please ignore the president of the confederacy saying we're identified with the truth that the negro is not equal to the white man'? Why do people ignore the fact the southern strategy happened? The simple fact is, we don't teach history that makes the ruling ethnic group in this country look bad, and we need to so we can address the problems that came from our ancestors being, and this is the technical term, straight up /dicks/ to everybody who wasn't white...and protestant, depending on the era. 

Why did Republicans create an anti-CRT bill that had historical inaccuracies?  A Bill Proposed a New Way to Teach History. It Got the History Wrong. - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

8 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You can pick specific things aren’t taught and claim that’s “covering up history” but it’s not. The simple fact is that you can’t teach a kid EVERYTHING there is to know about any subject during k-12. That’s sort of the entire premise behind higher ED, that there is still MORE to learn after graduating high school. 

In K-12 kids are taught the what’s important to a broad understanding of a subject. I know when I was in school, long before you were probably born, we learned about slavery, the Civil War, emancipation, Reconstruction, the KKk, Jim Crow, segregation, MLK and thenCivil Rights Movement. 

Frankly, I think if parents shouldn’t have a say in education, then random people on the internet should criticize education either. Are you a “professional educator”? If not, the according to the Democrats you are not qualified to even talk about this stuff, 

On a final note, if you insist that not teaching something is “covering up” history, then why don’t we teach that slavery was practice everywhere in the world since the beginning of time? Why don’t we teach the racist history of the abortion industry? Why don’t we teach how IMB a was involved in the Holocaust? Why don’t we teach all the brutal awful things Native Americans did to each other? Why don’t we teach that like a third of the people the KKK lynched were white Republicans? 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, Michelle said:

BS No one ever complained when we were taught about slavery, The Underground Railroad or any of the like in history

In my hometown, three Underground Railroad stations still exist.  They took my grade school class around to tour them.  Even so, we didn't get much information on the Underground Railroad.  I was in college before I learned who Levi Coffin was.  So I wonder just how good this education was.

Doug

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

You can pick specific things aren’t taught and claim that’s “covering up history” but it’s not. The simple fact is that you can’t teach a kid EVERYTHING there is to know about any subject during k-12. That’s sort of the entire premise behind higher ED, that there is still MORE to learn after graduating high school. 

In K-12 kids are taught the what’s important to a broad understanding of a subject. I know when I was in school, long before you were probably born, we learned about slavery, the Civil War, emancipation, Reconstruction, the KKk, Jim Crow, segregation, MLK and thenCivil Rights Movement. 

Frankly, I think if parents shouldn’t have a say in education, then random people on the internet should criticize education either. Are you a “professional educator”? If not, the according to the Democrats you are not qualified to even talk about this stuff, 

On a final note, if you insist that not teaching something is “covering up” history, then why don’t we teach that slavery was practice everywhere in the world since the beginning of time? Why don’t we teach the racist history of the abortion industry? Why don’t we teach how IMB a was involved in the Holocaust? Why don’t we teach all the brutal awful things Native Americans did to each other? Why don’t we teach that like a third of the people the KKK lynched were white Republicans? 

The first two Europeans ashore in the New World (that we know of) were two Scottish slaves of the Vikings.  The Vikings were afraid of the natives, so sent the slaves ashore.  So much for the myth of Vikings as warriors.

A whole shipload of Scottish prisoners of war was sent to Boston where they were sold as slaves (Two more shiploads were sold in the Caribbean.) - this about 1747.  One was bought by his own brother and father who freed him.  Patrick Henry and other firebrands of the Revolution knew whereof they spoke when they cried "Give me liberty or give me death."  Sale of pow prisoners as slaves had happened within their memory.

Two shiploads of gypsies were sold as slaves in Louisiana.  Slavery in the US isn't ALL about black vs. white; though that is the dominant theme.

Saint Patrick was taken to Ireland as a slave.  Does the name "Neil of the Nine Hostages" tell one anything about the habits of Irish clan chiefs?

Why don't we teach that the cavalry soldiers at the Battle of the Washita did things that could have got them hung for crimes against humanity if they had been tried at Nuremberg (which was only 70 years later)?

Remember "Interview with the Vampire?"  Remember the scenes of a plantation house burning?  Those were filmed at Destrahan, site of one of the US' largest slave rebellions.

Remember Ponce de Leon, searcher for the Fountain of Youth?  He wasn't the idiot our grade school teachers said, even though he was probably every bad thing native Americans ever said about him.  He had heard there was a spring whose waters cured impotence and he was planning to bottle it.  Now explain that to a class of third graders.

Maybe it's just that history is a vast subject and there simply isn't time to tell it all.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

In my hometown, three Underground Railroad stations still exist.  They took my grade school class around to tour them.  Even so, we didn't get much information on the Underground Railroad.  I was in college before I learned who Levi Coffin was.  So I wonder just how good this education was.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:52 PM, Doug1066 said:

Public schools avoid teaching religion to avoid the controversies that come with it.  Teaching about religion is legal, but everybody gets equal time - even the atheists and Satanists.  Teachers who are already short of time, simply can't do it.

You answered your own question. How much information do you think they can cram into the time they have?

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:12 PM, Doug1066 said:

Two shiploads of gypsies were sold as slaves in Louisiana.  Slavery in the US isn't ALL about black vs. white; though that is the dominant theme.

Yep something we are not taught in school.   Irish were stolen in the night from their homes and sold as slaves as well, homeless Londoners were also taken and sold as slaves.  It wasn't just prisoners of war.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yep something we are not taught in school.   Irish were stolen in the night from their homes and sold as slaves as well, homeless Londoners were also taken and sold as slaves.  It wasn't just prisoners of war.

In Scotland, the Sutherlands sold members of their own family as slaves.

Doug

P.S.:  There's a rant by Karl Marx condemning the Sutherlands for their hypocrisy.

Doug

Edited by Doug1066
  • Sad 1

You you think these teachers are better for their child than the parents.    Heck NO!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-mom-teachers-daughter-transgender-education-school

A California mother who took legal action against her child’s school district spoke out Tuesday on "Fox & Friends" after alleging that teachers convinced her 11-year-old daughter she was transgender and manipulated her into changing her gender identity without her parents’ knowledge. 

Jessica Konen told Ainsley Earhardt she became "extremely angry" after hearing leaked audio that allegedly exposed Spreckels school district teachers speaking at a California Teachers Association conference on LGBTQ+ issues where they discussed how to implement Gay-Straight Alliance clubs in conservative communities and how students could hide their participation from parents. 

Konen said her daughter felt "a lot less pressure" while learning remotely during the omicron surge, re-identified as a girl, and chose not to return to in-person learning when it was time to do so.

• Sad 1

A lady I work with told me that she was glad this crap wasn't around as much when she was little.   She said "I was a major tomboy and dressed kind of like a boy in jeans and a t-shirt.  They would have been telling me to identify as a boy"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

You you think these teachers are better for their child than the parents.    Heck NO!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-mom-teachers-daughter-transgender-education-school

A California mother who took legal action against her child’s school district spoke out Tuesday on "Fox & Friends" after alleging that teachers convinced her 11-year-old daughter she was transgender and manipulated her into changing her gender identity without her parents’ knowledge. 

Jessica Konen told Ainsley Earhardt she became "extremely angry" after hearing leaked audio that allegedly exposed Spreckels school district teachers speaking at a California Teachers Association conference on LGBTQ+ issues where they discussed how to implement Gay-Straight Alliance clubs in conservative communities and how students could hide their participation from parents. 

Konen said her daughter felt "a lot less pressure" while learning remotely during the omicron surge, re-identified as a girl, and chose not to return to in-person learning when it was time to do so.

What is going on in that child's home that a teacher was able to convince her of anything?   That parent needs to get a grip and start talking to her children daily, not wait until she comes home and says the teacher says I am ...   Idiots ALL of them, teacher and parents.

@MylesThis gender identity thing has gone way too far.  And it is all based on misogyny.  If women were allowed to be themselves, whether that means they want to be a welder or a chef or a teacher or climb mount everest we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  It is a backlash to that.   Men aren't allowed to be themselves either.  If they like to cook they had to be chefs or fry cooks.   They couldn't just enjoy making a meal for the family.   Lots of other things as well and any man  who was in fashion 50 years ago was suspected as being less than a man.   And don't get me started on fashion, that is the epitome of misogyny.

Just everyone let people do what they want.  If it is deemed unfair for a woman who was born male to compete with women who were born female then address that specific issue and quit rolling it all in to one big ball of ire and irrational, emotional drivel.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

@Desertrat56 I don’t think those gender norms really exist much any more. I remember as a kid hearing about how it’s being ok for boys to play with dolls or for girls to play sports. I also remember jokes on TV about women being doctors. I don’t see much credence give to those gender norms any more. But I agree, people should be free to be themselves and not be confined to gender norms. 
However, it’s like we broke those norms and now Trans ideology is re-establishing them. If someone is a trans “man” what do they do? They shape themselves in accordance to the male gender norms. They grow a beard and behave like a stereotypical man. If boy likes to play with dolls its now seen as a possible symptom of him being trans. 
There is no reason anyone should feel as if they need to “transition” into something else. Everyone should be affirmed for who they are. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So who's stopping you, besides yourself. 

No one.   Are you trying to pick a fight?   You took my words out of context.  And maybe I should have addressed the person who triggered what I said.

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No one.   Are you trying to pick a fight?   You took my words out of context.  And maybe I should have addressed the person who triggered what I said.

That does help. 

(Gonna shut my virtual mouth)

Edited by XenoFish

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Schools are a prison for children.

Nonsense. 
Prisons have better trained guards.

Christian Schools See Growing Enrollments as Public Schools Decline

A group of 12 major organizations of Christian educators is preparing to embrace changes in teaching and learning amid a continued rise in enrollments in faith-based K-12 schools, a press statement announced Monday.

https://www.breitbart.com/education/2022/01/31/christian-schools-see-growing-enrollments-as-public-schools-decline/

The left are their own worst enemy