Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snowboarder encounters 'Bigfoot' in Colorado Rockies

UM-Bot

At least the witness admits any suggestion of size is pure guessing, he also described it like a person in a heavy winter coat, 

Ill go with he saw a human if he saw anything 

• Like 3

Maybe someone else was snowboarding at the same place and decided to go home because it was getting crowded?  Bigfoot is smart enough to go south for the winter. 

Edited by tortugabob

Never told his mate what he had seen as he would never have let me live it down?  Doesn't exactly add credibility to the story.  I would have said something.  Maybe not that I think I saw bigfoot but perhaps that I had seen a big bear walking on two legs.

• Like 1

15 years ago, and he decides to now make it an issue??? :wacko:

I mean, I like my bigfoot stories but this one kinda sucks. did he ever go back the next day to take photos...? Doh! got phony written all over it.

• Like 3

Papameter Reading

60% Bigfoot      20% Human    15% Other Creature     5% Hoax

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PapaSmurf-o-meter of honest-to-goodness truthist honesty Reading:

• Photo: yeah, probably
  • Old: definitely
  • Moving?: can't tell
  • Natural: 80%
  • Artificial: 80%
  • Human: 80%
  • Bigfoot: 80%
  • Trees: 80%
  • Aliens: 80%

I think it's broken.

news-bigfoot-russia-snow.jpg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

PapaSmurf-o-meter of honest-to-goodness truthist honesty Reading:

• Photo: yeah, probably
  • Old: definitely
  • Moving?: can't tell
  • Natural: 80%
  • Artificial: 80%
  • Human: 80%
  • Bigfoot: 80%
  • Trees: 80%
  • Aliens: 80%

I think it's broken.

news-bigfoot-russia-snow.jpg

Actually I believe that photo is not from the alleged incident but just a stock photo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Papameter Reading

60% Bigfoot      20% Human    15% Other Creature     5% Hoax

Hey papa, have you considered adding a percent error calculation to each of your categories?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, csspwns said:

Hey papa, have you considered adding a percent error calculation to each of your categories?

Pappa thinks hes flawless

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Actually I believe that photo is not from the alleged incident but just a stock photo.

So you are basing your pap reading on a fifteen-year-old anecdote with absolutely no corroborating evidence?  About something that, "at nightfall ... looked like a big man wearing a large over coat with the collar turned up".  And with these useful additional details: "At the time I didn't hear or smell anything. This thing was big, though, but it would be hard to gauge its exact dimensions from the distance between us.

On the strength of someone claiming they saw something at a distance, in dimming light, in unfamiliar surroundings... you seriously think there's a 60% chance it's proof of Bigfoot?  I admire your willingness to believe people and accept their word as gospel.  By the way - that five grand I lent you last year?  I'll need it back soon, and the car you promised me.

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Papa thinks he's flawless

I bloody well AM flawless!  How DARE you insinuate otherwise, you vacuous vespertiliophile?  I'm gonna get Saru to sort you out, you - 

- oh, that Papa.  Yeah, right, him crazy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

So you are basing your pap reading on a fifteen-year-old anecdote with absolutely no corroborating evidence?  About something that, "at nightfall ... looked like a big man wearing a large over coat with the collar turned up".  And with these useful additional details: "At the time I didn't hear or smell anything. This thing was big, though, but it would be hard to gauge its exact dimensions from the distance between us.

On the strength of someone claiming they saw something at a distance, in dimming light, in unfamiliar surroundings... you seriously think there's a 60% chance it's proof of Bigfoot?  I admire your willingness to believe people and accept their word as gospel.  By the way - that five grand I lent you last year?  I'll need it back soon, and the car you promised me.

I bloody well AM flawless!  How DARE you insinuate otherwise, you vacuous vespertiliophile?  I'm gonna get Saru to sort you out, you - 

- oh, that Papa.  Yeah, right, him crazy.

Just imagine some since retired forest worker reads this threads "story" and recalls the time years back he was creeped out by some weird snow boarder stalking him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

:lol:

27425611-2C26-4849-A4F5-9E2B42767764.jpeg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

:lol:

27425611-2C26-4849-A4F5-9E2B42767764.jpeg

That very same sign is on the DJ booth at the club, near a beware of mothman sign.

• Haha 3

Just now, the13bats said:

That very same sign is on the DJ booth at the club, near a beware of mothman sign.

Well I suspect your more likely to see Bigfoot in that club than out somewhere in the wild!:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Just imagine some since retired forest worker reads this threads "story" and recalls the time years back he was creeped out by some weird snow boarder stalking him.

"Remember it clear as day, 'cept it were night.  Ah'd bin out in a remote part of the region, doin' normal foresty stuff, an' headin' home when ah felt a rumblin' in mah guts.  Ah let off the loudest, smelliest fart you ever did saw!  Would 'av dropped mah pants there an' then 'cept ah saw this pervy dude jus' stood there, starin' at me.

"At first ah thought it were one of them strange critters the snowboarders, wot bin known in them thar remote parts of the region.  But then ah saw it didn't act like no snowboarder.  It didn't 'av no phone on no selfie stick, and it weren't with no mates making daft whooping noises an' sayin' dumb $hit like "cruisin' the kickers" an' such thangs.

"Ah gotta admit - damn well freaked me out!  Ah forgot ah were carryin' eight firearms for mah protecshion an' ah just turn an' run!  Luck'ly the snow were froze soild thar, so ah didn't sink three feet in, cos if ah had ah reckin the beast would 'av caught me an' et me all up.

"An' when ah got to the trees ah had this creepy feelin' ah were NOT bein' watched, so ah turned around an' guess wot? the darn critter gone an' vanished inta thin air!  Not a trace of 'im!  Got 'ome an' tol' mah boyfriend an' 'e sed "Daisy, don' ever tell no-one 'bout it cos no-one will b'leeve yer" so ah never did."

Edited by Tom1200
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Here is a video that I found on YouTube you may enjoy, I have not done any research to see of this ever occurred so at this time I don’t believe it’s true!

So please don’t consider I posted this for any other reason than entertainment!:yes:

19 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

15 years ago, and he decides to now make it an issue??? :wacko:

I mean, I like my bigfoot stories but this one kinda sucks. did he ever go back the next day to take photos...? Doh! got phony written all over it.

27 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

"Remember it clear as day, 'cept it were night.  Ah'd bin out in a remote part of the region, doin' normal foresty stuff, an' headin' home when ah felt a rumblin' in mah guts.  Ah let off the loudest, smelliest fart you ever did saw!  Would 'av dropped mah pants there an' then 'cept ah saw this pervy dude jus' stood there, starin' at me.

"At first ah thought it were one of them strange critters the snowboarders, wot bin known in them thar remote parts of the region.  But then ah saw it didn't act like no snowboarder.  It didn't 'av no phone on no selfie stick, and it weren't with no mates making daft whooping noises an' sayin' dumb $hit like "cruisin' the kickers" an' such thangs.

"Ah gotta admit - damn well freaked me out!  Ah forgot ah were carryin' eight firearms for mah protecshion an' ah just turn an' run!  Luck'ly the snow were froze soild thar, so ah didn't sink three feet in, cos if ah had ah reckin the beast would 'av caught me an' et me all up.

"An' when ah got to the trees ah had this creepy feelin' ah were NOT bein' watched, so ah turned around an' guess wot? the darn critter gone an' vanished inta thin air!  Not a trace of 'im!  Got 'ome an' tol' mah boyfriend an' 'e sed "Daisy, don' ever tell no-one 'bout it cos no-one will b'leeve yer" so ah never did."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Yes, that Papameter Reading was based solely on that one article and my general opinion on the Bigfoot subject and human reliability. I double-checked and the meter is reading true.

7 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

The fact that we are reading up on this event today actually ticked up the Bigfoot chance. People know normal from non-normal (while of course not being perfect rendering a 60% rating). I come at this case with a near 100% likelihood in the possibility of Bigfoot's existence so to me the 60% is not such a stretch as it would be on say a Tommy-Meter or a Batsometer. You just don't see people running fast through three-feet of snow.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You just don't see people running fast through three-feet of snow.

Hi Papa

At what point do you think a 6' anything could RUN through 3' of snow?

Edited to add

Here is a video of a moose on deep snow and it has 4 legs.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

At what point do you think a 6' anything could RUN through 3' of snow?

after hearing multiple reports over the years such as:

"The 'individual' suddenly took a 45-degree turn to the right and walked into the snow field towards the trees," he wrote. "'It' didn't slow down, despite walking through 3 feet of snow."

"Something which would have almost stopped me dead in my tracks."

I probably should have said 'continued walking' instead of 'running' (although I've heard fantastic running through snow stories too).

And where did your '6' come from?

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

And where did your '6' come from?

Hi Papa

6' seems to be the minimum height of reported bigfoot sightings blurry as they are.

• Haha 1