Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump blows a hole in 2024 presidential debates

Vorg

Donald Trump thumbed his nose at traditional retail politics, preferring large rallies and appearances on conservative TV. In defeat, he refused to deliver the familiar concession speech and instead falsely claimed that his Republican or Democratic opponents stole elections.

Now it’s the presidential debates that are about to get a Trump makeover. They may never be the same again.

With last week’s Trump-inspired threat to boycott 2024 debates sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates, the Republican National Committee began priming the electorate for a race in which the GOP nominee might not debate at all.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/18/rnc-debate-trump-527247

• Thanks 1

Should have seen this coming.. Trump inspired... Now he won't have to answer any "Stolen election" or "massive fraud" questions that come his way.

He'll just keep spewing the lies at his rallies, free from bothersome questions in a debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Today’s populist-oriented GOP is far more mistrustful of traditional political institutions — including independent, nonpartisan organizations like the commission, which exists only to facilitate general election debates and receives no funding from the government or any political party, political action committee or candidate."

HA!

I don't blame Republicans, not just Trump, for putting more stipulations on the debates. People can call themselves independent and nonpartisan all they want, but their actions speak louder than words. The Obama debates showed exactly who they favor and still do. It was never so blatant before him.

• Like 2

I doubt the debates would change anyone's mind.  I can't recall one ever changing mine.  The first presidential debate took place in 1960 so they're a relatively new addition to the puppet show (show for puppets rather than the traditional kind)  Personally I never watch them on purpose.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Personally I never watch them on purpose.

I had to watch one of Obama's after SNL obliterated him. It was hysterical and true. His opponent was asked about Russia and the like. They asked Obama what he had for dinner and if the family was enjoying the trip. All the while looking at him lovingly, leaning forward, chin in hand, hanging on to every word. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Should have seen this coming.. Trump inspired... Now he won't have to answer any "Stolen election" or "massive fraud" questions that come his way.

He'll just keep spewing the lies at his rallies, free from bothersome questions in a debate.

Yea well let him, everyone is tired of his BS. As for the stolen election and the fraudulent electoral votes that were cast, it’s being from as we speak that the entire conspiracy leads to Trumps desk. The Attorney General is current in the process of issuing Federal Charges for the Conspirators and rats always jump ship everyone will be looking for a deal and they will give up Diaper Don!:tu:

34BEEB81-E4BB-472F-9104-E9159B337CC9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I had to watch one of Obama's after SNL obliterated him. It was hysterical and true. His opponent was asked about Russia and the like. They asked Obama what he had for dinner and if the family was enjoying the trip. All the while looking at him lovingly, leaning forward, chin in hand, hanging on to every word. :rolleyes:

I'm sure this was never the case when trump debated but decades ago I discovered that no presidential debate will go deeper than each candidate saying the exact same thing.  "We need more jobs and I am going to create more jobs"  "We need to fix our economy and I'm going to fix the economy"  "We need to fix our foreign policy and I'm going to fix our foreign policy"  "The American citizen is my priority"  Nobody will ever explain how nor have a difference of opinion about these issues.  It was more like a mutual back patting contest where nothing controversial or innovative was said out of fear of alienating a group of voters.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It was more like a mutual back patting contest where nothing controversial or innovative was said out of fear of alienating a group of voters.

They don't ask them the same questions anymore. Now the opponents go for the jugular.

• Like 3

Republican National Committee threatens to pull nominees from official presidential debates

The Republican National Committee on Thursday threatened to bar future presidential nominees from debates sponsored by the nonpartisan commission that has hosted the events for decades.

In a letter sent to the Commission on Presidential Debates and obtained by NBC News, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel accused the organization of failing to enact reforms that “would restore trust in the debates process.”

“So long as the CPD appears intent on stonewalling the meaningful reforms necessary to restore its credibility with the Republican Party as a fair and nonpartisan actor, the RNC will take every step to ensure that future Republican presidential nominees are given that opportunity elsewhere,” McDaniel wrote.

cont...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/13/republicans-threaten-to-ban-presidential-nominees-from-debates.html

The debates as they are formatted really are an artifact of the old media. People have access to so much more media and information these days that the debates don’t really present informative content anymore. They now they function more like a reality-show-spectacle, for highlight reels and embarrassing moments, I think the debates could be reimagined in a much more meaningful and connected way. 

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

The debates as they are formatted really are an artifact of the old media. People have access to so much more media and information these days that the debates don’t really present informative content anymore. They now they function more like a reality-show-spectacle, for highlight reels and embarrassing moments, I think the debates could be reimagined in a much more meaningful and connected way. 

That’s because the the last two Presidential candidates were nothing but game show hosts so what do you expect!

19 minutes ago, acidhead said:

:D 

That’s a great Ad, and while many here don’t realize it, it’s also a very very smart political move. By doing this he just won the vote of every Louisiana state citizen who uses Marijuana for medical reasons or for recreation. It appears that blunt may have just won him the election! Thanks for sharing this Acidhead:tu:

Here is a recent poll in Louisiana concerning the legal restrictions on the medical and recreational use of Marijuana! I have included some of the questions from poll below! Not all the questions are positive, the following appear to be a good sign of the thoughts of the people on this issue, if you would like to see all the poll questions you can find them here. https://winwithjmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LATA-Executive-Summary-Release.pdf

Question 1: In general, how would you describe your position on permissible usage of marijuana!

CURRENT 2020 POLL

Favor legalization both medicinal and recreational                 67% 54%

Favor legalization medicinal only                                            16% 23%

Keep both medicinal and recreational illegal                           8% 12%

Undecided.                                                                               9% 11%

Question 5: If a candidate for office wanted to reform Louisiana's marijuana laws, would you be more or less likely to support that candidate?

More Likely 2020 POLL   65% 53%
Less Likely                       17% 20%
No DifferenceCURRENT. 19% 27%

• Like 2

Donald Trumps Presidential Debates with Joe Biden were such a disgrace they actually made me ashamed of our countries political system.  I was actually depressed to think that people like this are supposedly running our country. What bothered me most was two things…

1.  The question came to mind….is this the best we can do?

2.  I know I could have done better.

• Like 3

Why don't they want there to be debates?  

"What proof do you have that the election was rigged, or fraudulent?"

Debate over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s a great Ad, and while many here don’t realize it, it’s also a very very smart political move. By doing this he just won the vote of every Louisiana state citizen who uses Marijuana for medical reasons or for recreation. It appears that blunt may have just won him the election! Thanks for sharing this Acidhead:tu:

Here is a recent poll in Louisiana concerning the legal restrictions on the medical and recreational use of Marijuana! I have included some of the questions from poll below! Not all the questions are positive, the following appear to be a good sign of the thoughts of the people on this issue, if you would like to see all the poll questions you can find them here. https://winwithjmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/LATA-Executive-Summary-Release.pdf

Question 1: In general, how would you describe your position on permissible usage of marijuana!

CURRENT 2020 POLL

Favor legalization both medicinal and recreational                 67% 54%

Favor legalization medicinal only                                            16% 23%

Keep both medicinal and recreational illegal                           8% 12%

Undecided.                                                                               9% 11%

Question 5: If a candidate for office wanted to reform Louisiana's marijuana laws, would you be more or less likely to support that candidate?

More Likely 2020 POLL   65% 53%
Less Likely                       17% 20%
No DifferenceCURRENT. 19% 27%

Smart ad, maybe.  But, it feels like it was inspired by the Eddie Murphy movie The Distinguished Gentleman.

Now, CMIIW, legalisation of marijuana is State issue? What influnce can a US Senator have?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Smart ad, maybe.  But, it feels like it was inspired by the Eddie Murphy movie The Distinguished Gentleman.

Now, CMIIW, legalisation of marijuana is State issue? What influnce can a US Senator have?

Well he is running to become the  Louisiana State Senator, and currently the state is only looking at legal medical use, he may be able to get the legislation to pasted so it also legal for recreational use. Before moving to Korea Washington State chnaged their laws on the use of Marijuana to both Medical and recreational use. When I was back in the state in late 2019 there were retail Marijuana Businesss setup all over the place that were just like liquor stores, all you needed to make a purchases was a vaild ID that showed your age!

Peace:tu:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well he is running to become the  Louisiana State Senator, and currently the state is only looking at legal medical use, he may be able to get the legislation to pasted so it also legal for recreational use. Before moving to Korea Washington State chnaged their laws on the use of Marijuana to both Medical and recreational use. When I was back in the state in late 2019 there were retail Marijuana Businesss setup all over the place that were just like liquor stores, all you needed to make a purchases was a vaild ID that showed your age!

Peace:tu:

I'm a bit confused.  He says he is running for the US Senate.  Do you mean he is one of US Senators from Louisiana. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Why don't they want there to be debates?  

"What proof do you have that the election was rigged, or fraudulent?"

Debate over.

Well members of the Republican Party have been proven to have forged / falsified documents concerning the number of electoral votes from their states. This has lead back to Trumps desk according to information released today, so yea the election was rigged but not by those he accussed, in reality it was him and pthers who tried to rigg the election, but they were caught red handed!:lol:

Now the Attoney General of the United States is putting the case together to prosecute them all!:tu:

Oh and by the way, have you seen how quite TrumpsSupporters have been, they are doing everything possible to aviod speaking ( sticking their heads in the sand ) about it or facing the fact ithas occurred!

Peace!:tu:

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I'm a bit confused.  He says he is running for the US Senate.  Do you mean he is one of US Senators from Louisiana. 

He is running for the one of the seats in Louisiana State. Each state elects two Senators to serve in the United States Congress. I am not certain if he is currently sitting in one of those seats or not but he is running for one!:tu:

I checked this again currently Gary Chambers Senate candidate running for a seat!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender

3 hours ago, acidhead said:

:D 

It reminded me of the rent is too damn high. 

In the process of locating that I found this little gem from then candidate Andrew Como saying “yes this state government over the past few years has been an embarrassment but that is not the story of NY state government my friends”.

starts at the 50 seconds mark

• Haha 1