Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jan. 6 committee on verge of obtaining some records Trump has tried to shield

Manwon Lender

In a new court filing, the Justice Department said the National Archives — which houses Trump’s White House files — planned to release four pages of records to the House on Wednesday evening despite Trump’s pending request at the Supreme Court to block the handover of those and other records. Trump has moved to keep hundreds of pages of his White House records from congressional investigators, claiming that he has the authority to assert executive privilege over them. The pages include hundreds culled from the files of his former chief of staff Mark Meadows and former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, among other top officials. They include briefing notes, speech drafts, and call and visitor logs, among other records.

Jan. 6 committee on verge of obtaining some records Trump has tried to shield (msn.com)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trump was working for the nation, so doesn't the nation own everything he did including intellectual property?

Mind you, I'm using the term "intellectual" sparingly here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Things get forgotten quickly,

before trump got fired there was all kinds of craziness, releasing krakens, botched responses to covid etc, shady business, capital stormings, the list is endless if i were trump and i am thankful i am not i too would be trying to block releasing anything like this

Edited by the13bats
added
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Trump was working for the nation, so doesn't the nation own everything he did including intellectual property?

Mind you, I'm using the term "intellectual" sparingly here. 

Yes you must certainly use the word intellectual property very sparingly my friend!:lol: Yes technically the Nation does own everything, but when it comes to intellectual property security classification doesn’t allow public access to everything!:tu:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Things get forgotten quickly,

before trump got fired there was all kinds of craziness, releasing krakens, botched responses to covid etc, shady business, the list is endless if i were trump and i am thankful i am not i too would be trying to block releasing anything like this

I agree because if the actual truth was ever completely released there would be no safe place for him in the United States, he would have to leave the country! That would also create problems though because what country would want him, after all he has done except maybe Russia!:tu:

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree because if the actual truth was ever completely released there would be no safe place for him in the United States, he would have to leave the country! That would also create problems though because what country would want him, after all he has done except maybe Russia!:tu:

It reminds me of Michael corleone and him saying no country would allow hyman roth in, not for 1 mil not for 10.

Russia might if trump paid enough otherwise hes not really any plumb to them now, theres a guy in canada that if trump doesnt mind living in a moms basement would likely love to have him as a room mate,

Ive been babblibg about trump winning 2024 and it didnt dawn on me until now but theres a very high likelyhood trump will be in too much hot water to run 2024.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, the13bats said:

It reminds me of Michael corleone and him saying no country would allow hyman roth in, not for 1 mil not for 10.

Russia might if trump paid enough otherwise hes not really any plumb to them now, theres a guy in canada that if trump doesnt mind living in a moms basement would likely love to have him as a room mate,

Ive been babblibg about trump winning 2024 and it didnt dawn on me until now but theres a very high likelyhood trump will be in too much hot water to run 2024.

I think he will also!:tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes you must certainly use the word intellectual property very sparingly my friend!:lol: Yes technically the Nation does own everything, but when it comes to intellectual property security classification doesn’t allow public access to everything!:tu:

:)

National security I could understand, but Trump is excluded from that now isn't he? 

He wouldn't have the clearance to block them anymore would he? They are now records of the nation.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:)

National security I could understand, but Trump is excluded from that now isn't he? 

He wouldn't have the clearance to block them anymore would he? They are now records of the nation.

Not completely, he still has a lot of classified information in his head that hasn’t changed, this is why out going Presidents are still given a complete Secret Service security detail. But not only that many documents that were produced during his administration are still classified top secret or above. I don’t know how long these protections continue though!

• Like 1

Harvard Law Today: What is executive privilege and how does it work?

Neil Eggleston: Executive privilege is a doctrine that has grown up to protect, generally, the internal communications within the White House and with the president of the United States. Essentially, the doctrine is a balancing test, as Chief Justice Burger articulated in United States v. Nixon. The chief justice recognized that to be effective, a president needed to be able to consult with his advisers and that, to get the right kind of advice, he had to have some level of confidence that advice would remain confidential, or else people might withhold their advice for fear of it getting out. On the other hand, the chief justice held that in circumstances of a demonstrated need, the executive privilege would fail. So, it’s a qualified privilege, not an absolute privilege. And as we all know, the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that President Nixon could not protect his communications under executive privilege.

https://today.law.harvard.edu/can-donald-trump-still-assert-executive-privilege/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well I for one can't wait to hear their findings :su

Of course if they can't find trump directly conspiring with rioters to take over the Capital Building, which I doubt happened, it's yet another partisan witch hunt by the democrats.  Another false indulgence.  Another waste of taxpayer time and money.  Should we form a committee to determine why the democrats are such biches?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well I for one can't wait to hear their findings :su

Of course if they can't find trump directly conspiring with rioters to take over the Capital Building, which I doubt happened, it's yet another partisan witch hunt by the democrats.  Another false indulgence.  Another waste of taxpayer time and money.  Should we form a committee to determine why the democrats are such biches?

Don't you know that if you intrude on a circle jerk that you are expected to join in? Here, watch me... 

This is the one! This is going to be the one that brings this sob down once and for all! 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Don't you know that if you intrude on a circle jerk that you are expected to join in? Here, watch me... 

This is the one! This is going to be the one that brings this sob down once and for all! 

Are you having fun in the circle jerk?:D I do agree though this will end it once and for all.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Are you having fun in the circle jerk?:D

Well, I joined in as expected. Doesn't mean I like it though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Well, I joined in as expected. Doesn't mean I like it though. 

Where is your position in the circle, I bet you do like it deep down inside or you would have never joined in!:D

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, F3SS said:

OK calm down Manwon 

Hey you started it, not me but ok ‘I will let you off the hook!:D

Edited by Manwon Lender

I am no law talking person but seems that if charlie manson could get locked up for other people running amuck because he spewed, brayed and instigated them then so could trump,

Iirc some of those looney rioters of that jan 6th capital storming said they did it for trump and it was an Insurrection insited by him,

Who knows?

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I am no law talking person but seems that if charlie manson could get locked up for other people running amuck because he spewed, brayed and instigated them then so could trump,

Iirc some of those looney rioters of that jan 6th capital storming said they did it for trump and it was an Insurrection insited by him,

Who knows?

Manson ordered his followers to murder people.  So as I said before if they can prove trump ordered those rioters to invade the capital building then he's guilty.  If not I know a lot of people that are going to be crying.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Who knows?

In all seriousness, why were they there?

Trump demonstrably tried to overturn the election results a few dozen times with court cases, demands for recounts, audits and tried to use all three separation of powers to over turn the election.

In many cases he just called for the votes to be "tossed" and him declared winner, instead of a recount.

He has called Biden "illegitimate" has claimed he is still the rightful President, refused to concede, and claimed the election was stolen a few dozen times from election day all the way to January 6th.

That crowd was called to D.C on a date that he chose as a last attempt to stop the transfer of power, by whipping them up into a frenzy with fighting words and saying the election was stolen and you don't concede when there is theft were his way of telling them what to do.

Then he tried to cover himself by telling them to peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard. He knew what they were going to do.

And Kevin McCarthy's call to Trump and the resounding "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are"

That right there shows why he sent them, and what they were going to do.

And a few of his staff quit that day because there was many reports that Trump "gleefully" watched the riot unfold, and failed to call them off for three hours.

So, why were they there on January 6th? People focus an that day, and not everything that led to that day, and fail to see why that day was chosen. Trump knows.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

In all seriousness, why were they there?

Trump demonstrably tried to overturn the election results a few dozen times with court cases, demands for recounts, audits and tried to use all three separation of powers to over turn the election.

In many cases he just called for the votes to be "tossed" and him declared winner, instead of a recount.

He has called Biden "illegitimate" has claimed he is still the rightful President, refused to concede, and claimed the election was stolen a few dozen times from election day all the way to January 6th.

That crowd was called to D.C on a date that he chose as a last attempt to stop the transfer of power, by whipping them up into a frenzy with fighting words and saying the election was stolen and you don't concede when there is theft were his way of telling them what to do.

Then he tried to cover himself by telling them to peacefully and patriotically make their voices heard. He knew what they were going to do.

And Kevin McCarthy's call to Trump and the resounding "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are"

That right there shows why he sent them, and what they were going to do.

And a few of his staff quit that day because there was many reports that Trump "gleefully" watched the riot unfold, and failed to call them off for three hours.

So, why were they there on January 6th? People focus an that day, and not everything that led to that day, and fail to see why that day was chosen. Trump knows.

None of which is illegal that I'm aware of.

He knew what they were going to do

Can you prove that?  Can you show that he knew they were going to do that because he told them to?  The thing is, feelings about it don't matter.  The only thing that matters here is law and actual hard proof it has been broken.  As I said before, people that can't separate their emotions from what's on the books are probably going to be very emotionally distraught when this turns out to be yet another nothing sandwich prepared with invisible bread and innuendo flavored mayonnaise with no meat or mustard by the democratic party.  All this stuff really does in my opinion is to make the democrats seem unhinged. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Manson ordered his followers to murder people.  So as I said before if they can prove trump ordered those rioters to invade the capital building then he's guilty.  If not I know a lot of people that are going to be crying.  

Well Trump isn’t like Manson I totally agree with you there, he is the personification of Adolf Hitler down to using Hitlers play book as his guide!:tu:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

None of which is illegal that I'm aware of.

Can you prove that?  Can you show that he knew they were going to do that because he told them to?  The thing is, feelings about it don't matter.  The only thing that matters here is law and actual hard proof it has been broken.  As I said before, people that can't separate their emotions from what's on the books are probably going to be very emotionally distraught when this turns out to be yet another nothing sandwich prepared with invisible bread and innuendo flavored mayonnaise with no meat or mustard by the democratic party.  All this stuff really does in my opinion is to make the democrats seem unhinged. 

Ok how about the fact that the fraudulent electoral vote documents, you know the Conspiracy to defraud and steal the election has lead back to Trumps desk, the people who forged the documents are singing like Canary’s. Also the Attorney General of the United States is gathering evidence to start charging individuals for the Federal Crime, and Rudy Giuliani approached those who forged the documents and instigated the entire event, remind me who does he work for?:lol:

There was election voting fraud, but it was the Republicans who committed the crimes and again that’s now proven!:yes:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Ok how about the fact that the fraudulent electoral vote documents, you know the Conspiracy to defraud and steal the election has lead back to Trumps desk, the people who forged the documents are singing like Canary’s. Also the Attorney General of the United States is gathering evidence to start charging individuals for the Federal Crime, and Rudy Giuliani approached those who forged the documents and instigated the entire event, remind me who does he work for?:lol:

There was election voting fraud, but it was the Republicans who committed the crimes and again that’s now proven!:yes:

Absolutely goes back to Trump.

His team in court tried to stop the states Trump lost from certifying the election, and using the alternate electors as "the true will" of the people.

The thing is, the Judge rejected it, because they have not been able to prove injury to Pence, therefore no standing to sue.

Link is from Jan 1, 2021: https://www.npr.org/2021/01/01/952728493/in-last-minute-challenge-some-republicans-argue-pence-can-ignore-states-electors

House lawyers also asked for the suit to be dismissed, calling it a "radical departure from our constitutional procedures" and saying the proposed remedy would "authorize the Vice President to ignore the will of the Nation's voters."

Gohmert's crew pushed back Friday, criticizing the vice president for hiding behind procedural arguments, instead of dealing with the meat of the issue. Pence can conduct the Jan. 6 proceeding as he pleases, they argue, ignoring electors if he sees fit; he's not simply a "glorified envelope-opener in chief," they wrote.

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-xii          And the 12th amendment

It does seems like these clowns were trying to make up rules as they go, ignoring two centuries of precedent. 

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, OverSword said:

As I said before, people that can't separate their emotions from what's on the books are probably going to be very emotionally distraught

Some people are stubborn. Other people are still waiting on Hillary to be hauled off. The thing is, with her there was real, tangible evidence of federal crimes and not just wishful thinking.

• Like 1