Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Could See Over 1 Million More Hospitalizations Before Omicron Subsides


Manwon Lender
 Share

Recommended Posts

Using several predictive models, a team of analysts has predicted that around 1.5 million Americans could be hospitalized with around 191,000 being hospitalized from COVID as a result of the Omicron surge. The data accounts for a span of time lasting from mid-December, when the variant began to take hold, through mid-March, when it is expected to subside according to Healthdata. Org! 

Several models have predicted that as many as 305,000 Americans could die during the Omicron variant surge. Above, American flags dot the National Mall in Washington, D.C., in memory of those killed by COVID-19.

U.S. Could See Over 1 Million More Hospitalizations Before Omicron Subsides (ommercato.com)

6,326,655 reported COVID-19 deaths Worldwide based on Current projection scenario by May 1, 2022: COVID-19 (healthdata.org)
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Any idea what the heck this is? Almost looks like something out of the "Fallout" game at times. MSN  Note , only showed up as the MSN link,  but apparently it is a latest report from the CDC. The war has changed , is their latest word apparently.

Edited by razman
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, razman said:

Any idea what the heck this is? Almost looks like something out of the "Fallout" game at times. MSN  Note , only showed up as the MSN link,  but apparently it is a latest report from the CDC. The war has changed , is their latest word apparently.

Seems like it's six months old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Seems like it's six months old.

May be , i just see it recently posted , at least from MSN , and i believe others, didn't recall hearing that from the CDC. Just figured it was recent seeing it plastered around.

Edited by razman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Seems like it's six months old.

Your right , it seems it was said in 2021 , didn't check it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, razman said:

Any idea what the heck this is? Almost looks like something out of the "Fallout" game at times. MSN  Note , only showed up as the MSN link,  but apparently it is a latest report from the CDC. The war has changed , is their latest word apparently.

I dont know, but the thread from MSN is listed reported as of 18 Jan 2020 and when I ran the title through the froum search engine nothing came up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I dont know, but the thread from MSN is listed reported as of 18 Jan 2020 and when I ran the title through the froum search engine nothing came up.

It just goes to show , that if some info is older like that , then why are they re - plastering it around that much later? Fear mongering maybe? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, razman said:

It just goes to show , that if some info is older like that , then why are they re - plastering it around that much later? Fear mongering maybe? 

I am not a believer in the fear Mongering theory that is thrown around on the forum! Personally in opinion those saying the Pandemic is over are idiots, but I also don’t believe that the numbers listed in the OP are fully accurate either! To me whether people get vaccinated or not doesn’t matter to me, I have been vaccinated and received my booster shot because I believe in the process. The facts are the facts as far as the current mortality rate in the United States is concerned, for the last 7 months the mortality rate for the unvaccinated has begun to peak at approximately 80% plus. To me people who choose to not protect themselves are only assisting Natural Selection, it all comes down to one simple thing those who refuse to adapt may ultimately pay the ultimate price.

I do not go to media sources for information, I only choose to read Scientific and Medical Journals because in mu opinion all media sources are biased politically!

Peace!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Personally in opinion those saying the Pandemic is over are idiots, but I also don’t believe that the numbers listed in the OP are fully accurate either!

That's the thing with public health measures - when they work nothing happens.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Seems like it's six months old.

Just came across this.  A little more grist for the mill.  Not sure exactly what to make of it:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/pfizer-boss-says-two-doses-provides-limited-protection-if-any-against-omicron/news-story/9d76126d080e2010f05eb0b4ae5e0c45

"Early in 2021, Dr Bourla had said data showed Pfizer’s vaccine “was 100 per cent effective against severe Covid-19' ".

"

The announcement of an updated vaccine comes as a number of states in Australia mandate booster doses of the existing versions for some industries such as healthcare.

But some experts have questioned the justification for mandates of a vaccine that evidence shows is no longer stopping transmission.  Writing in The Wall Street Journal on Sunday, Nobel prize-winning virologist Luc Montagnier and constitutional scholar Jed Rubenfeld argued the rise of Omicron had made the Biden administration’s vaccine mandates “obsolete”.

“It would be irrational, legally indefensible and contrary to the public interest for government to mandate vaccines absent any evidence that the vaccines are effective in stopping the spread of the pathogen they target,” they wrote".

Thoughts?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, razman said:

Yea , i got the vax and the boost as well , i'm not the spring chicken i used to be.

Most of my family members have done so as well.  A couple are nurses and took the vaccine required by work but had not resisted taking them, they did it voluntarily and have a had no negative consequences.  My sister and brother-in-law are nearly 70 and the same for them.  Current with boosters and no ill effects.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
7 minutes ago, and then said:

“It would be irrational, legally indefensible and contrary to the public interest for government to mandate vaccines absent any evidence that the vaccines are effective in stopping the spread of the pathogen they target,” they wrote".

Thoughts?

My thought is that if the vaccine prevents severe illness, it is very defensible to urge people to get it. Expectancy to 'stop it' is too much to demand at this point in the pandemic.

My thought is also to use the word 'mandatory' with care. Many people misunderstand it as coercion. It's not.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

That's the thing with public health measures - when they work nothing happens.

I'd correct that to say that if they work, it isn't difficult to know they HAVE been effective because the rate of compliance shows the difference.  IOW, states like Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, should have a consistently higher case-load and number of deaths than California, New York, Illinois, etc.  Those number regularly fluctuate but do not support the premise that higher vaccination rates save from severe illness or deaths.  There are MANY variables from weather differences to population densities but the CFR HAS NOT APPRECIABLY INCREASED.  

The same is true for Israel and Iceland, for example.  In fact, Israel has turned around their decision to require a 4th shot for the latest variant because they realized the shots are not effective for Omicron.  If I die from being an "idiot", I'll certainly not be alone in that category.  ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

Many people misunderstand it as coercion. It's not.

Can you explain how you define - "mandatory"?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, and then said:

Can you explain how you define - "mandatory"?  

In the US it's a government job related duty. That's why the word mandatory is bad IMO. People can just quit, if they feel the vaccines are wrong for them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, razman said:

Yea , i got the vax and the boost as well , i'm not the spring chicken i used to be.

Neither am I my friend getting old is not for whimps and Sissies!!:lol:

Peace hope you and family stay safe and healthy my friend!!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, and then said:

Just came across this.  A little more grist for the mill.  Not sure exactly what to make of it:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/pfizer-boss-says-two-doses-provides-limited-protection-if-any-against-omicron/news-story/9d76126d080e2010f05eb0b4ae5e0c45

"Early in 2021, Dr Bourla had said data showed Pfizer’s vaccine “was 100 per cent effective against severe Covid-19' ".

"

The announcement of an updated vaccine comes as a number of states in Australia mandate booster doses of the existing versions for some industries such as healthcare.

But some experts have questioned the justification for mandates of a vaccine that evidence shows is no longer stopping transmission.  Writing in The Wall Street Journal on Sunday, Nobel prize-winning virologist Luc Montagnier and constitutional scholar Jed Rubenfeld argued the rise of Omicron had made the Biden administration’s vaccine mandates “obsolete”.

“It would be irrational, legally indefensible and contrary to the public interest for government to mandate vaccines absent any evidence that the vaccines are effective in stopping the spread of the pathogen they target,” they wrote".

Thoughts?

 

Just five days earlier on the National Broadcaster we get an explainer of what the numbers are why the hit positive rate indicates underestimation:

Quote

Norman Swan: ... remember, it's not all Omicron, this is a Delta outbreak as well.

...

Tegan Taylor: What do we know now about Omicron that we didn't know in late November, early December last year?
Norman Swan: Let's be clear, the number of cases coming in from overseas is tiny, it's absolutely tiny and minuscule, so that is almost irrelevant to this conversation now, this is almost entirely an internal Australian epidemic, one within our borders. We cannot blame people from overseas for this at all.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/coronacast/were-back-now-when-will-the-outbreak-peak/13697582

Front line workers treating COVID-19 patients probably need vaccines to fight the virus.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea because people are stupid. There’s a vaccine they are to stupid to go get. They are to wrapped up in bull **** conspiracy theories to wake up before they die from it. Social media however will be the blame for this in 20-30 years from now how people can latch on to fabricated BS idiots post online that real people believe. You guys need to wake up and stop believing in what people post online. Covid-19 can kill you now. And you younger people need to consider what it can do to you down the road. It’s not like smoking or drinking. The complications from it effecting you down the road are coming to light now. Pay attention! It’s real! And yes it’s a man made virus that I believe China released on purpose. It’s pay back for sanctions this is how China functions. It really wouldn’t surprise me that some of these crooked ass politicians in the USA didn’t have something to do with it being released. One day the truth will come out but just like everything else these fools will be gone or dead before it comes out.

Edited by Freez1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, zep73 said:

My thought is that if the vaccine prevents severe illness, it is very defensible to urge people to get it. Expectancy to 'stop it' is too much to demand at this point in the pandemic.

My thought is also to use the word 'mandatory' with care. Many people misunderstand it as coercion. It's not.

Your thoughts are correct, and soon it will no longer be an issue anyway at the rate the Unvaccinated are dying sadly. But thats their choice and I would never want anything changed as far as forced vaccination is concerned. Natural Selection is doing its job, and no one can hide from the fact that there are really only two choices adapt or die and the next year or so will prove that sadly!:(

Peace my friend, stay healthy and safe!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

That's the thing with public health measures - when they work nothing happens.

Thats very true, I agree with you but I say let the unvaccinated walk their own path because I believe if people will not adapt let them face the consequences of thier actions its their life let them live or die by their own principles and decisions it really makes no difference at all to me!:yes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace my friend, stay healthy and safe!

You and yours too!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

You and yours too!

Thanks my brother I greatly appreciate your thoughts!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, and then said:

I'd correct that to say that if they work, it isn't difficult to know they HAVE been effective because the rate of compliance shows the difference.  IOW, states like Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, should have a consistently higher case-load and number of deaths than California, New York, Illinois, etc.  Those number regularly fluctuate but do not support the premise that higher vaccination rates save from severe illness or deaths.  There are MANY variables from weather differences to population densities but the CFR HAS NOT APPRECIABLY INCREASED.  

The same is true for Israel and Iceland, for example.  In fact, Israel has turned around their decision to require a 4th shot for the latest variant because they realized the shots are not effective for Omicron.  If I die from being an "idiot", I'll certainly not be alone in that category.  ;) 

Here the numbers seemed to reflect what we see happen with seasonsal flu, that it follows human behaviour.

Public health measures include more tha just vaccines.  Queensland mostly closed the borders to Non-Queenslanders.  Queensland for Queenslanders will never be unpopular - how consevative does that sound?   As the vaccination rate increased above a threshold there was less concern about visitors from hotshots.

It's that balancing act you described.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
15 minutes ago, Freez1 said:

Yea because people are stupid. There’s a vaccine they are to stupid to go get. They are to wrapped up in bull **** conspiracy theories to wake up before they die from it. Social media however will be the blame for this in 20-30 years from now how people can latch on to fabricated BS idiots post online that real people believe. You guys need to wake up and stop believing in what people post online. Covid-19 can kill you now. And you younger people need to consider what it can do to you down the road. It’s not like smoking or drinking. The complications from it effecting you down the road are coming to light now. Pay attention! It’s real! And yes it’s a man made virus that I believe China released on purpose. It’s pay back for sanctions this is how China functions. It really wouldn’t surprise me that some of these crooked ass politicians in the USA didn’t have something to do with it being released. One day the truth will come out but just like everything else these fools will be gone or dead before it comes out.

Haha :lol:, you're a funny guy! First you shun the CT's, and then you jump right into one. When you start to agree with yourself, let us know!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.