Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diagnosted with a Myth

CryptoGirl

Well I was diagnosed with something and given a name for it by a seasoned surgeon and multiple other doctors. They had the same word terminology for this condition and by different medical facilities not all surgeons and felt this was an accepted thing by the medical community. Later on I lost my insurance and had to see government funded doctors and they and the internet afterwards are telling me I was diagnosed with a myth. Who do I believe the surgeon who has good standing and done amazing work on others , along side other doctors, or these government funded doctors?

Might help if you bothered with some basic details, like the name of it.

And just like reality TV, you can't trust randoms on the internet to tell you real facts. Multiple doctors tell you it's real and then you go who knows where on the internet and decide it's a "myth"? No, that's not how facts work.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, moonman said:

Might help if you bothered with some basic details, like the name of it.

She wants us to have a guess, and when right the one who guessed right wins something.

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, CryptoGirl said:

Well I was diagnosed with something and given a name for it by a seasoned surgeon and multiple other doctors. They had the same word terminology for this condition and by different medical facilities not all surgeons and felt this was an accepted thing by the medical community. Later on I lost my insurance and had to see government funded doctors and they and the internet afterwards are telling me I was diagnosed with a myth. Who do I believe the surgeon who has good standing and done amazing work on others , along side other doctors, or these government funded doctors?

We can't really give you medical advice here, nor should you be asking for it. 

• 2h. Medical advice: Do not use the site to request or offer medical advice, speak to your doctor instead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well since I didn't give details and I'm asking the average person to make a gander its not asking for medical advice. Whether I believe or not my condition is a myth will not change what was born with. There is not medical decision here to make,so there is no danger in asking.

44 minutes ago, CryptoGirl said:

Well since I didn't give details and I'm asking the average person to make a gander its not asking for medical advice. Whether I believe or not my condition is a myth will not change what was born with. There is not medical decision here to make,so there is no danger in asking.

You should go with whatever your doctors have advised you. No one here can really tell you which doctors to believe about what is going on with you. If you are having issues with or conflicts with your prognosis, then you need to go back to your physicians and ask them to advise you. 

• Confused 1

There are a lot of rare conditions out there. I didn't know I had one until the doctors gave me the diagnosis.and thought this was accepted by the medical community.

This is not something I came up with but the doctors did for I wouldn't know how to medically term things.

So is this such a rare condition that some doctors are just not up to date?

You was diagnosed with a myth? Congratulations 

Only your medical professionals should be advising you as to your condition or the rarity of it. Your medical professionals would need to decide if your prognosis is correct or up to date or not. 

6 hours ago, CryptoGirl said:

There are a lot of rare conditions out there. I didn't know I had one until the doctors gave me the diagnosis.and thought this was accepted by the medical community.

This is not something I came up with but the doctors did for I wouldn't know how to medically term things.

So is this such a rare condition that some doctors are just not up to date?

WHAT IS IT

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CryptoGirl said:

THIS TOPIC HAS ENDED

So...you either don't know, can't remember or can't spell it. Gotcha.

Edited by moonman
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked