Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boris Johnson ends covid mandates

F3SS

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-60047438

Earlier, in a statement to MPs in the House of Commons, the prime minister said:

• Mandatory Covid passports for entering nightclubs and large events would end, though organisations could choose to use the NHS Covid pass if they wished
  • People would no longer be advised to work from home and should discuss their return to offices with employers
  • Face masks will no longer be mandated, though people are still advised to wear coverings in enclosed or crowded spaces and when meeting strangers
  • From Thursday, secondary school pupils will no longer have to wear face masks in classrooms and government guidance on their use in communal areas would be removed "shortly"

Congratulations England on a huge win for freedom and the ability to think for yourself! I can't believe it and yes I am jeleous but super happy for ya. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Boris has bigger problems than that. Being a yes man might take some heat of him, but he's facing a vote of no confidence. He will be looking for a new job soon I think. 

• Confused 1

I feel like I'm being gaslit. England scraps covid measures, woke Starbucks cancels the vaccine mandates for employees and Carhartt, the symbol of blue collar America, enacts an employee mandate. Wtf is going on here? 

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I feel like I'm being gaslit. England scraps covid measures, woke Starbucks cancels the vaccine mandates for employees and Carhartt, the symbol of blue collar America, enacts an employee mandate. Wtf is going on here? 

Ask @Tatetopa

NGOs will set the bar. It's happening. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Boris has bigger problems than that. Being a yes man might take some heat of him, but he's facing a vote of no confidence. He will be looking for a new job soon I think. 

He will be well looked after as his families blood line are the richest in the world.  Why he did what he did I suppose, no risks.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, F3SS said:

And on the same day as the UK announces and end to restrictions, NZ announces a "code red" lockdown (although it is not called a lockdown, because you can leave your house if you are vaccinated) is coming if 1 case of Omicron is found in the community.

The whole of New Zealand will move to red within 24-48 hours once Omicron enters the community, she said.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

And on the same day as the UK announces and end to restrictions, NZ announces a "code red" lockdown (although it is not called a lockdown, because you can leave your house if you are vaccinated) is coming if 1 case of Omicron is found in the community.

How silly. I don't hold out much hope right now but hopefully Boris' statements will become infectious. Maybe actually hearing a major country publicly announce a return to normal will inspire people to draw a line with their governments and for the people who don't like it, they should take their own precautions and stop demanding everyone around them cater to their desires. It's enough already. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

How silly. I don't hold out much hope right now but hopefully Boris' statements will become infectious. Maybe actually hearing a major country publicly announce a return to normal will inspire people to draw a line with their governments and for the people who don't like it, they should take their own precautions and stop demanding everyone around them cater to their desires. It's enough already. 

Hi F3SS

More likely the rest of the world will see how that pans out first, here last summer they rolled back restrictions and ended up with an overload of infected and the military had to help get things back under control in hospitals before following suit.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi F3SS

More likely the rest of the world will see how that pans out first, here last summer they rolled back restrictions and ended up with an overload of infected and the military had to help get things back under control in hospitals before following suit.

OK that's fine but the big question is when does this end? I don't mean the virus itself but rather the heavy handed policies and governments pretending that there actually can be an end? 

• Like 4

Just now, F3SS said:

OK that's fine but the big question is when does this end? I don't mean the virus itself but rather the heavy handed policies and governments pretending that there actually can be an end? 

Hi F3SS

Not sure we see heavy handed in the same way and I don't pay the govt much attention or depend on them so what they do has little affect on my life. I do what I think is best for my community and family. Covid is here to stay and what I think the present goal is is to reduce it's effects to something similar to the flu and will take what advisories are given by credible medical sources.

I am a patient man so I don't have a problem with taking the time for covid to run it's course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi F3SS

Not sure we see heavy handed in the same way and I don't pay the govt much attention or depend on them so what they do has little affect on my life. I do what I think is best for my community and family. Covid is here to stay and what I think the present goal is is to reduce it's effects to something similar to the flu and will take what advisories are given by credible medical sources.

I am a patient man so I don't have a problem with taking the time for covid to run it's course.

I'd question the phrase heavy handed measures based on past posting too. He's a delicate little flower. 

Examples like calling an abandoned FIFO camp with day care facilities and a swimming pool a concentration camp and telling Aussies how screwed we are because a couple hundred unvaccinated people in the NT were facing a whole four days of lockdown. 

No doubt unemployment benefits are government coercion in order to control the population. 

As far as I know most countries are already in a plan to return to pre Covid life. It's going to take longer with these anti vaxers and anti maskers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi F3SS

With Boris facing the sack, I doubt many leaders would want to follow his examples. 

Such a silly bloke. Ruffled hair, trying to look like an English scallywag. He's quite a laugh I find. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, F3SS said:

It's enough already. 

I agree, but governments aren't known for generally reversing themselves totally and restoring rights once people have given them away without a struggle.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, psyche101 said:
33 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I'd question the phrase heavy handed measures based on past posting too. He's a delicate little flower. 

I've never had a stalker before. It's getting a little weird the way you follow me around. I've seen you do it to others throughout the years and get called out on it. Control your impulses and get your head straight. Just like I've had to correct you on past issues, I never called whatever that place is a concentration camp. You have a habit of mixing up posters and/or believing the words the voices in your head told you to see when in fact that is not what you saw at all. You're a mass of confusion and a serial harraser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

I agree, but governments aren't known for generally reversing themselves totally and restoring rights once people have given them away without a struggle.  

No they don't which is what was so surprising here. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi F3SS

Just because it didn't affect you or you didn't let it affect you somehow let's not pretend peoples live around the world haven't been upended in mass. The virus itself didn't do all that. It was the actions of government policies. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I've never had a stalker before. It's getting a little weird the way you follow me around. I've seen you do it to others throughout the years and get called out on it. Control your impulses and get your head straight. Just like I've had to correct you on past issues, I never called whatever that place is a concentration camp. You have a habit of mixing up posters and/or believing the words the voices in your head told you to see when in fact that is not what you saw at all. You're a mass of confusion and a serial harraser.

Crossing paths on a single forum where about twenty people post regularly is stalking?

You really are a delicate flower aren't you snookums. 

If you don't like being called out often, research your topics and get some education. It's that simple. You are notoriously inaccurate and aggressive.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Hi F3SS

When have I ever stalked you or anyone else? We have not had many exchanges in threads and to the best of my recollection we haven’t been at odds

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Just because it didn't affect you or you didn't let it affect you somehow let's not pretend peoples live around the world haven't been upended in mass. The virus itself didn't do all that. It was the actions of government policies. 

Hi F3SS

I live in a city of 1.5 million people and I don’t pretend to see the malls and stores packed with people they actually are same with pubs and restaurants, yes we have to wear masks and social distance which is something that I don’t have a problem with.

Covid was/ is killing people and spread faster than anything we have seen on a global scale so measures had to be taken. You may not like it oh well there are things I don’t like but I don’t b@tch at everyone about it as it is personal and just do what I think is right.

I see several members talking about “the fearful” and when I ask who are these fearful all I get is silence so all I can take away from that is they are the fearful ones because I am not seeing many in my city that are.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Only_ said:

There is a a growing consensus in Europe that COVID/Omicron should be treated like the flu.

It's known to be a milder variant. I'm not sure complacency is warranted just yet though. It's definitely more contagious.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's known to be a milder variant. I'm not sure complacency is warranted just yet though. It's definitely more contagious.

There is the fact that Omicron is milder but also most people in Europe have acquired immunity (either by natural infection or vaccination).

The death rate from COVID in Spain (90% vaccination rate), for example, has dropped to 1%.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Only_ said:

There is the fact that Omicron is milder but also most people in Europe have acquired immunity (either by infection or vaccination).

For omicron specifically?

6 minutes ago, Only_ said:

The death rate from COVID in Spain (90% vaccination rate), for example, has dropped to 1%.

That's great, we need to aim for zero though if we can.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

For omicron specifically?

Previous infection from COVID and the vaccines offer some - even if minimal - protection against Omicron.

That's great, we need to aim for zero though if we can.

No country has ever brought down the death rate of Influenza to 0.

I don't understand this obsession that it should be done with COVID.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Previous infection from COVID and the vaccines offer some protection against Omicron.

No country has ever brought down the death rate of Influenza to 0.

I don't understand this obsession that it should be done with COVID.

It's a vector v scalar thing