Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Viral: What This Woman's Boss Said About Her Tattoos "Shocked" Her

Grim Reaper 6

Tattoos in workplaces are far from being a mainstream trend. Rather, tattoos, piercings or even unconventional hair colours are considered unsuitable for offices. But a woman is changing this notion. When Jessica Hanzie Leonard, from Ohio, USA, changed her LinkedIn profile picture, she did not estimate the kind of noise it would make. Recently, the professional showed off her tattooed arms on the social media platform. Her inked arms were also put up for her company headshot. Internet users at once noticed the anomaly and rushed to comment on it. Instead of a negative reply, Ms Leonard received this reply from her boss, "Let's roll with the tattoos in both. Loud and proud.

Ms Leonard wrote, "I was honestly shocked." She added how she had kept her tattoos hidden during formal meetings in her 14 years of professional life. "Very often, I simply felt that I needed to be careful about when I was being too free," Ms Leonard added. Her post was an appreciation note for "those leaders who have recognised that whether I'm in the jacket or not, I'm the same person, the same business professional… a female leader who will most certainly be taken seriously.

:tu::tsu::clap:

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/womans-tattoos-on-company-headshot-and-linkedin-profile-go-viral-2715100

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Tattoos in workplaces are far from being a mainstream trend. Rather, tattoos, piercings or even unconventional hair colours are considered unsuitable for offices. But a woman is changing this notion. When Jessica Hanzie Leonard, from Ohio, USA, changed her LinkedIn profile picture, she did not estimate the kind of noise it would make. Recently, the professional showed off her tattooed arms on the social media platform. Her inked arms were also put up for her company headshot. Internet users at once noticed the anomaly and rushed to comment on it. Instead of a negative reply, Ms Leonard received this reply from her boss, "Let's roll with the tattoos in both. Loud and proud.

Ms Leonard wrote, "I was honestly shocked." She added how she had kept her tattoos hidden during formal meetings in her 14 years of professional life. "Very often, I simply felt that I needed to be careful about when I was being too free," Ms Leonard added. Her post was an appreciation note for "those leaders who have recognised that whether I'm in the jacket or not, I'm the same person, the same business professional… a female leader who will most certainly be taken seriously:tu::tsu::clap:

Times and mindsets do change,  when i was 15 and stuck a ring in my ear i only knew one other cat with one, now most guys have multi,

I recall jim rose saying and i paraphase, his circus sideshow would work anymore because now lizard boy or enigma is your next door neighbor.

Since i was in the music, club band biz individuality was the norm,

now disney after decades of a military strick dress code allow all kinds of self expression, guys can go as far as make up, earrings and nail polish there,

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Times and mindsets do change,  when i was 15 and stuck a ring in my ear i only knew one other cat with one, now most guys have multi,

I recall jim rose saying and i paraphase, his circus sideshow would work anymore because now lizard boy or enigma is your next door neighbor.

Since i was in the music, club band biz individuality was the norm,

now disney after decades of a military strick dress code allow all kinds of self expression, guys can go as far as make up, earrings and nail polish there,

I am glad things have changed, I grew in the beginning of the changes ( Cultural Revolution 60-70s ) but man things have come a come way since then and I am glad to see it in my life time!:tu: