Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Benedict failed to act over abuse

Eldorado

Former Pope Benedict XVI failed to act over four child abuse cases when he was archbishop of Munich, a German probe into the Catholic Church has alleged.

Pope Benedict, then called Josef Ratzinger, held the position from 1977 to 1982. He has denied the accusations.

But a new report into historical abuse allegations carried out by a German law firm incriminated the former pontiff.

Abuse continued under his tenure, it is alleged, and the accused priests remained active in church roles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60070132

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Catholic church as a whole have failed to act for a couple thousand years.

Child abuse and child sacrifice goes back thousands of years.  Today we are seeing the same thing because we were held in a belief that what we see with out eyes are normal.   Because we never see it with our eyes doesn't mean it isn't happening in remote places where clearly the rich and filthy rich can go where the average man can't reach.

• Confused 1

Good ol' Pope Palpatine...

Demotivational Posters Daily Demotivators: Deny Demotivational Poster

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Child abuse and child sacrifice goes back thousands of years.  Today we are seeing the same thing because we were held in a belief that what we see with out eyes are normal.   Because we never see it with our eyes doesn't mean it isn't happening in remote places where clearly the rich and filthy rich can go where the average man can't reach.

Hi Dreamer

Your post for some reason sounded like a complaint that it wasn't more affordable. :lol:

I have seen many abused children in middle and lower class families not to mention the drug/alcohol addled aspects. Just because someone has money doesn't mean you have to do business with them so it starts with the ethics of those who would sell their child to be abused.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dreamer

Your post for some reason sounded like a complaint that it wasn't more affordable. :lol:  

I have seen many abused children in middle and lower class families not to mention the drug/alcohol addled aspects. Just because someone has money doesn't mean you have to do business with them so it starts with the ethics of those who would sell their child to be abused.

But parents give their children away to the Crown and Government every dam day.   Once registered anything registered is handed over to them automatically.

NO!!  what I meant was that the rich and famous can do what ever they want, they can go remote and do what ever they want because no one is around to complain.   

Why are these children so abused from middle class and working class families?  Is it because the system we live in drags people down so much that lives are destroyed? 

There was a film called 'spotlight' highlighted the abusers whom were priests.  No one could talk about it because who is going to believe a priest could ever do such a crime. 

3 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

NO!!  what I meant was that the rich and famous can do what ever they want, they can go remote and do what ever they want because no one is around to complain.

Hi Dreamer

Yes and they go there because people are willing to sell children to be abused, if they don't provide the access then no one would go there and is only a part of the problem abuse.

7 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Why are these children so abused from middle class and working class families?  Is it because the system we live in drags people down so much that lives are destroyed? 

We all grew up in different places so will have lived with different cultural norms and conditions, I grew up in a city that had the highest crime rate in the country with a lot of lower income families. Our province at that time had lots of resources like gold, diamonds, uranium, oil/natural gas, lumber but did not have the money to develop them so the province relied on grain, potash and livestock for income so if farmers didn't make money no one did.

Why is not a simple answer as there are all kinds of social/cultural aspects like crime, alcohol and drugs to name a couple.

38 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

There was a film called 'spotlight' highlighted the abusers whom were priests.  No one could talk about it because who is going to believe a priest could ever do such a crime. 

Yes and they is a part of the problem as the problem extends past the rich and priests, when I moved to Windsor, Ontario I was surprised at the volume sex abuse and child abductions in the news there and surrounding areas and most instance were not with either rich or priests which is my point that child abuse is not a unique quality of being a priest or rich and part of a much bigger issue.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dreamer

Yes and they go there because people are willing to sell children to be abused, if they don't provide the access then no one would go there and is only a part of the problem abuse.

<_< hard one to agree with as most children are breed to be abused.

We all grew up in different places so will have lived with different cultural norms and conditions, I grew up in a city that had the highest crime rate in the country with a lot of lower income families. Our province at that time had lots of resources like gold, diamonds, uranium, oil/natural gas, lumber but did not have the money to develop them so the province relied on grain, potash and livestock for income so if farmers didn't make money no one did.

Why is not a simple answer as there are all kinds of social/cultural aspects like crime, alcohol and drugs to name a couple.

Agreed!!

Yes and they is a part of the problem as the problem extends past the rich and priests, when I moved to Windsor, Ontario I was surprised at the volume sex abuse and child abductions in the news there and surrounding areas and most instance were not with either rich or priests which is my point that child abuse is not a unique quality of being a priest or rich and part of a much bigger issue.

Well here in Blighty the rich knew how to abuse children.  Jimmy saville!!  Judges doing their jobs abuse families and take children with the aid of the police and social services.   Something is very wrong.

The former pope, Benedict XVI, has asked for forgiveness for any “grievous faults” in his handling of child sex abuse cases by the clergy, but admitted no personal wrongdoing.

MSN