Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Forward Party

WVK

Good luck to him.  I know he was somewhat popular a few years ago.   I hope he can make his party a reality and get it on the ballot in all 50 states.  We need as many as possible.  The Green party has never bothered to get on the ballot in all 50 states and has been used locally for the disgruntled deomcrats that could not get on the democratic party's ballot.

Libertarian party has been used that way for the republicans but at least they did the work and are on the ballot in all 50 states.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Hmm.  I like the platforms.  The crypto-currency one I think is just a fad though.

Not to take this too far changing the subject, But crypto currency’s are not a fad. Not even close. Many of these coins solve real world problems through block chain and other technologies. Look up iso 2000-22. Most countries are developing their own versions of coins. Crypto is the future no doubt. 

Investing in it now is like investing in the internet in 1994. I’ve studied a lot on this. Anyone who’s interested can PM me. I know I’m having a blast with it. 

• Like 1

In fact crypto could solve the election fraud problems indefinitely with block chain technology. And everyone could vote from home. It would be fair and if run by the right company like Cardano, it would be incorruptible. 

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

The crypto-currency one I think is just a fad though.

Hi Gromdor

Actually a lot of govt's use crypto to pay off the books so money can't be traced.

10 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

In fact crypto could solve the election fraud problems indefinitely with block chain technology. And everyone could vote from home. It would be fair and if run by the right company like Cardano, it would be incorruptible. 

That should be a top priority before the 2024 election.  Imagine the chaos when neither Trump or Hillary concede defeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WVK said:

That should be a top priority before the 2024 election.  Imagine the chaos when neither Trump or Hillary concede defeat.

You are so silly.  The Republicans are not going to let Trump run on their ticket again and Hillary will not be on the democratic ticket.  They are both old and ill, neither would  have enough support to run as an independent and the Libertarians would never let Trump near them.   There is no equivalent to the Libertarians for the democrats as no other 3rd party has done the  work to get on the ballot in all 50 states.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You are so silly.  The Republicans are not going to let Trump run on their ticket again and Hillary will not be on the democratic ticket.  They are both old and ill, neither would  have enough support to run as an independent and the Libertarians would never let Trump near them.   There is no equivalent to the Libertarians for the democrats as no other 3rd party has done the  work to get on the ballot in all 50 states.

Yet Republicans didn’t want Trump the first time around. 

21 minutes ago, WVK said:

Yet Republicans didn’t want Trump the first time around. 

Right, but money was involved as it always is.  The owners of the Republican/Democratic party wanted Trump so Trump was in, just like Nixon the second time would not have won if the Democrats had their choice, but the Republican/Democratic party wanted Nixon to win so they had some unknown named McGovern running on the democratic ticket.   This collusion and manipulation has been going on for more decades than I have been alive (which is a lot) and it is just now becoming less subtle so that maybe some of us will do something about it, like create and support 3rd parties and get rid of the stranglehold the Republican/Democratic party has on our politics.

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Right, but money was involved as it always is.  The owners of the Republican/Democratic party wanted Trump so Trump was in, just like Nixon the second time would not have won if the Democrats had their choice, but the Republican/Democratic party wanted Nixon to win so they had some unknown named McGovern running on the democratic ticket.   This collusion and manipulation has been going on for more decades than I have been alive (which is a lot) and it is just now becoming less subtle so that maybe some of us will do something about it, like create and support 3rd parties and get rid of the stranglehold the Republican/Democratic party has on our politics.

I don’t see where the Big Money Boys wanted Trump.  They did everything short of Assassination to get rid on him.
I’m with you on the 3rd party, that’s why I find Yang interesting. I think there’s a big market for what he is selling.

7 minutes ago, WVK said:

I don’t see where the Big Money Boys wanted Trump.  They did everything short of Assassination to get rid on him.
I’m with you on the 3rd party, that’s why I find Yang interesting. I think there’s a big market for what he is selling.

No, if that were true he would not have ever even made it to the primaries.   There was some agenda that he helped and now he is no longer useful.   It was the same with Nixon, except that Nixon was intelligent and a politician and very smart.  He had to be taken out of politics completely and the only way to do that was to let him win a second term and get him with the Watergate scandal.   If he has lost the election to Humphrey he would still be able to run for office (president again or some other office).  This time there were two things going on as far as I can tell, one was making sure HIllary did not win and the other may have been to call our elections system in to question, as well as divide the voters even more than they ever have been, which included allowing incitement of violence.  In the end we may get a 4th viable party out of it if Andrew Yang can get enough support and people to get that new party on the ballot in all 50 states.

Edited by Desertrat56

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, if that were true he would not have ever even made it to the primaries.   There was some agenda that he helped and now he is no longer useful.   It was the same with Nixon, except that Nixon was intelligent and a politician and very smart.  He had to be taken out of politics completely and the only way to do that was to let him win a second term and get him with the Watergate scandal.   If he has lost the election to Humphrey he would still be able to run for office (president again or some other office).  This time there were two things going on as far as I can tell, one was making sure HIllary did not win and the other may have been to call our elections system in to question, as well as divide the voters even more than they ever have been, which included allowing incitement of violence.  In the end we may get a 4th viable party out of it if Andrew Yang can get enough support and people to get that new party on the ballot in all 50 states.

Speaking of Nixon’s intelligence;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacmN1EtIPQ

• Like 1

16 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vipinbharathan/2020/09/20/us-postal-service-files-a-patent-for--voting-system-combining-mail-and-a-blockchain/?sh=5af9a003336f

USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) published a patent application filed by the USPS. The patent claims that a combination of the security of the blockchain and the mail service provides a reliable voting system. A registered voter receives a QR code by mail. A separation of voter identification and votes to ensure voter anonymity is the principal feature of the solution. The votes are stored on a blockchain attested by election officials. Obviously, this patent is too late to be developed and deployed for this election.

Good idea Preacherman and it seems the USPS  thinks so too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vipinbharathan/2020/09/20/us-postal-service-files-a-patent-for--voting-system-combining-mail-and-a-blockchain/?sh=5af9a003336f

USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) published a patent application filed by the USPS. The patent claims that a combination of the security of the blockchain and the mail service provides a reliable voting system. A registered voter receives a QR code by mail. A separation of voter identification and votes to ensure voter anonymity is the principal feature of the solution. The votes are stored on a blockchain attested by election officials. Obviously, this patent is too late to be developed and deployed for this election.

Hmm, I wonder which company they are going to use for their block chain? I bet it will be ripple/xrp. That coin is only 66 cents right now and they are close to taking over everything. That’s gonna be a 500 dollar coin easy. 

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Block chain technology is one thing, but crypto currency itself is another.  Everyone and their little brother is making a crypto currency at this moment in time.  Scarcity and common usage is what would give the currency value.  Dogecoin, LetsGoBrandon Coin, etc.  There are over 6000 cryptocurrencies right now.  Heck, I would go so far as to say stuff like World of Warcraft gold is a form of currency that can be exchanged for real world dollars or to purchase real world items.  But 99% of those currencies have no value outside their niche groups or people fad investing.

Just to prove my point-  how many people here on the forum have used a cryptocurrency as actually currency?  I.E. who has actually bought something with their crypto?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Block chain technology is one thing, but crypto currency itself is another.  Everyone and their little brother is making a crypto currency at this moment in time.  Scarcity and common usage is what would give the currency value.  Dogecoin, LetsGoBrandon Coin, etc.  There are over 6000 cryptocurrencies right now.  Heck, I would go so far as to say stuff like World of Warcraft gold is a form of currency that can be exchanged for real world dollars or to purchase real world items.  But 99% of those currencies have no value outside their niche groups or people fad investing.

Just to prove my point-  how many people here on the forum have used a cryptocurrency as actually currency?  I.E. who has actually bought something with their crypto?

Block chain and crypto are not separate. Not for the coins that are going to survive. Everyone you mentioned won’t. All the central banks are about to start using bridge currencies for transactions. Like xrp made by ripple perfected it cross boarder payments. It’s going to create liquidity on demand. You will be able to send any currency to anywhere in seconds, and they will receive it in their currency. For a fraction of a penny. 

Right now it costs a fortune, takes days, and there is no guarantee it will even get there. 

Huge regulation is coming to crypto, and you are right, those coins you mentioned are less than a fad. Their days are numbered. But crypto is going to rule the world. 

The fact that no one has yet to use a crypto here just shows how early in it’s infancy it is. But the writing is on the wall. Everyday new partnerships are being made. New contracts being signed and patents being submitted. 

Edited by preacherman76

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Block chain and crypto are not separate. Not for the coins that are going to survive. Everyone you mentioned won’t. All the central banks are about to start using bridge currencies for transactions. Like xrp made by ripple perfected it cross boarder payments. It’s going to create liquidity on demand. You will be able to send any currency to anywhere in seconds, and they will receive it in their currency. For a fraction of a penny. 

Right now it costs a fortune, takes days, and there is no guarantee it will even get there. 

Huge regulation is coming to crypto, and you are right, those coins you mentioned are less than a fad. Their days are numbered. But crypto is going to rule the world. 

You can use block chain for things like voting or the mail system without also using it as currency.  I'm not so sure that it will free the world, however.  I see it being chains in the long run.  The financial institutions will get their way and regulate cryptocurrencies and we will end up with a digital cash system where each unit of money has it's own block chain ID that will help governments track the flow of money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You can use block chain for things like voting or the mail system without also using it as currency.  I'm not so sure that it will free the world, however.  I see it being chains in the long run.  The financial institutions will get their way and regulate cryptocurrencies and we will end up with a digital cash system where each unit of money has it's own block chain ID that will help governments track the flow of money.

Yes you can, but those projects would be funded by tax payers those projects wouldn’t need funding. If I didn’t know better I’d say that was some mark of the beast type stuff. I think they are trying to figure out how to keep cash around at the same time. At least for a bit. ISO 2000-22. It’s basically already done. They just have to flip the switch.

45 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Block chain technology is one thing, but crypto currency itself is another. 

I think block chain is just a way of tracing every transaction and every owner and everybody who handled a specific item whether it is a coin or a ballot.  I think the idea provides a key known only to the voter and when delivered for counting the election commission can tell that it came from the designated voter and has not been tampered with. If you want everybody to vote who is eligible and still have certainty that there is no fraud, its pretty cool.

59 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think block chain is just a way of tracing every transaction and every owner and everybody who handled a specific item whether it is a coin or a ballot.  I think the idea provides a key known only to the voter and when delivered for counting the election commission can tell that it came from the designated voter and has not been tampered with. If you want everybody to vote who is eligible and still have certainty that there is no fraud, its pretty cool.

Yup.  It's why I am skeptical that it will ever be implemented. Letting everyone vote from their cellphones with their own personal key linked to their ID isn't something that is beneficial to the current political class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yup.  It's why I am skeptical that it will ever be implemented. Letting everyone vote from their cellphones with their own personal key linked to their ID isn't something that is beneficial to the current political class.

If seriously proposed it will be interesting to see who objects to implementation and why,

59 minutes ago, WVK said:

If seriously proposed it will be interesting to see who objects to implementation and why,

The would the same vague claims they use on the current election machines or that someone else "knows" other people's block chain voting key.  The populace is ignorant of much of the current technology and safeguards in voting as it is.  They would use that same ignorance on new technology like blockchain.

13 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I haven't but I have a friend who buys different crypto currencies and when it has doubled in value she converts half of it to cash (or rather deposits it into her bank account so she can pay a bill).   It seems to be working for her but she spends a lot of time doing research and she has only a very small capitol.  She had to go out on a limb to invest her first $20.00, but she has gotten that back and more.  There are no large transactions for her, though.  I have no idea which currencies she invests in.

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

There is a currency called Stellar that has been around several years that was designed specifically to move money from one country to another.  I haven't checked to see how it is doing lately.