Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Austria introduces general Corona vaccination requirement

toast

Just in:

Today p.m. the Austrian government passed a law on compulsory vaccination with a majority of 137 to 33 in a parliamentary vote. The law comes into force on 01FEB2022 and applies to all Austrian citizens aged 18 and above. Adolescents under 18 years of age, pregnant women and people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt. Those who have recovered are also exempt from mandatory vaccination until 180 days after contracting Covid 19. Refuse of vaccination will be fined with up to 3,600 Euros (about 4k USD).

Sorry but no link yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, toast said:

Just in:

Today p.m. the Austrian government passed a law on compulsory vaccination with a majority of 137 to 33 in a parliamentary vote. The law comes into force on 01FEB2022 and applies to all Austrian citizens aged 18 and above. Adolescents under 18 years of age, pregnant women and people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are exempt. Those who have recovered are also exempt from mandatory vaccination until 180 days after contracting Covid 19. Refuse of vaccination will be fined with up to 3,600 Euros (about 4k USD).

Sorry but no link yet.

Here you go my brother I have got your back, and by the way I like it!:tu:

Coronavirus: Austrian parliament approves mandatory vaccination order https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60077767

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Here you go my brother I have got your back, and by the way I like it!:tu:

Coronavirus: Austrian parliament approves mandatory vaccination order https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60077767

Here in Germany the decision for a mandatory vaccination order is still pending with the tendency to yes. From a general health point of view I am in favor but its not an easy to make decision. Its a kind of last bullet but the past has shown that we are at a very bad stage in the pandemic and that stage is because of covidiots and stupid people who have still not understood that the problem isnt fixed. We still have about 25% of unvaccinated people here and these people are the the permanent trigger which keep the numbers up.

• Like 2

re·quire·ment

n.
1. Something that is required; a necessity.
2. Something obligatory; a prerequisite.

A noun, Not a Verb!

com·pul·so·ry

(kəm-pŭl′sə-rē)
adj.
1. Obligatory; required

Where is the Verb?  

A law? what is this law because I can only see nouns, ideas as what is law is CONSENT!!   If someone says no, then that means NO!!

1 hour ago, toast said:

Refuse of vaccination will be fined with up to 3,600 Euros

And if you refuse the fine?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, toast said:

Here in Germany the decision for a mandatory vaccination order is still pending with the tendency to yes. From a general health point of view I am in favor but its not an easy to make decision. Its a kind of last bullet but the past has shown that we are at a very bad stage in the pandemic and that stage is because of covidiots and stupid people who have still not understood that the problem isnt fixed. We still have about 25% of unvaccinated people here and these people are the the permanent trigger which keep the numbers up.

And do you suppose that if your country is 80%-90% vaccinated that will end covid in Germany?  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And do you suppose that if your country is 80%-90% vaccinated that will end covid in Germany?  

Hi OverSword

I guess we won't really know until at least one country has fully vaxed (meaning both shots) before we can know that with any certainty.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&areas=are&areas=chn&areas=chl&cumulative=1&doses=total&populationAdjusted=1

At least 9.79bn doses of coronavirus vaccines have been administered around the world, data from 233 locations show.

The numbers shown here are updated frequently, using data compiled by the Our World in Data project at the University of Oxford, the World Health Organization and national data sources from some countries.

Total vaccination doses given globally so far:
9.79bn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, toast said:

Refuse of vaccination will be fined with up to 3,600 Euros (about 4k USD).

This^ in spite of clear signals that Omicron is bringing this pandemic to an end.  So... unless Omicron suddenly does a verified 180 degree turn and begins killing hundreds of thousands around the globe, governments like this one may have a rebellion on their hands.  IF that happens, they brought it on themselves.

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

80% didn't do the trick in Israel and they finally backed off the mandate for a 4th jab.  It remains to be seen how effective that move will prove to be but it's an obvious sign that high vaccination rates guarantee nothing.  Those who make the same claim as Toast will never accept that vaccination might be ineffective.  It's too easy to keep blaming however few unvaccinated there are for all the problems.  IMO, it just points out a lack of integrity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, and then said:

80% didn't do the trick in Israel and they finally backed off the mandate for a 4th jab.  It remains to be seen how effective that move will prove to be but it's an obvious sign that high vaccination rates guarantee nothing.  Those who make the same claim as Toast will never accept that vaccination might be ineffective.  It's too easy to keep blaming however few unvaccinated there are for all the problems.  IMO, it just points out a lack of integrity.

I wouldn’t say ineffective, vaccinated people tend to have milder symptoms 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Then a dunning procedure will be initiated. You cannot escape an open bill.

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Studies have shown that about 90 percent of our population would need to be vaccinated to prevent the C19 virus from spreading even if all contact restrictions were lifted.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

Those who make the same claim as Toast will never accept that vaccination might be ineffective. 

Those who claim like you havent noticed yet that the majority on new infected people and that the majority of people who require ICU treatment are unvaccinated.

It's too easy to keep blaming however few unvaccinated there are for all the problems.  IMO, it just points out a lack of integrity.

For a lot of people it seems to be not easy to understand simple empirical statistics. It just points out a lack of logic.

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, toast said:

Those who claim like you havent noticed yet that the majority on new infected people and that the majority of people who require ICU treatment are unvaccinated.

For a lot of people it seems to be not easy to understand simple empirical statistics. It just points out a lack of logic.

Has the definition of unvaccinated  been modified to also include doubled jabbed who are not boosted?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast said:

Studies have shown that about 90 percent of our population would need to be vaccinated to prevent the C19 virus from spreading even if all contact restrictions were lifted.

Those studies would depend on the vaccine preventing vaccinated people from contracting Covid which it does not.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Has the definition of unvaccinated  been modified to also include doubled jabbed who are not boosted?

I dont think so because vaccinated means vaccinated and the level of vaccination is further defined. In my country the term fully vaccinated means that the person has received the number of shots as recommended by the responsible board/vaccination commission. My personal vaccination status is shown in the Vaccination-App as follows: "Proof of vaccination - complete vaccination protection (3 of 3) - date of vaccination 08.12.2021 - issued: Robert Koch Institute - third vaccination: Moderna - DOB"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast said:

Then a dunning procedure will be initiated. You cannot escape an open bill.

That means, I assume they take the money from you regardless of your willingness to pay?  Is that only money owed to the government or is that a way that bill collectors can access someone’s funds? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Those studies would depend on the vaccine preventing vaccinated people from contracting Covid which it does not.

So you are saying that the vaccinations have no effect at all?

• Like 1

Just now, toast said:

So you are saying that the vaccinations have no effect at all?

No. It’s been shown that they tend to cause milder symptoms and lower hospitalization rates. A few weeks ago my sisters entire fully vaccinated and boosted family all caught Covid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That means, I assume they take the money from you regardless of your willingness to pay?

Well, thats a funny question. Of course they can and, they do it and are successful almost everytime.

Is that only money owed to the government or is that a way that bill collectors can access someone’s funds? 

It works in Austria in the same fashion as it works in Germany. You get an invoice for whatever or fine notice by an authority for whatever, speeding/wrong parking etc. With the first letter a request for payment with a payment target date is send to you. If you dont pay the bill in time, you will get a payment reminder including a reminder fee. If you dont pay then, then the invoicing party can open a judicial dunning procedure which would allow the invoicing party to take further action to harvest the money by hiring a bailiff. This person is allowed, if you dont pay the bill (plus the bailiff`s "service/court costs/interest), to block your bank account and/or to take your valuables items in his possession to be auctioned to pay the open bill/s. If you dont have anything valuable you have to give an affidavit so you dont have to pay the bill. But with the affiavit you are screwed because it will be taken into a database commercial companies have an access to, means, you will not get anything anymore like bank loan, telephone contract, anything that require an invoicing to you for whatever commercial service and products. Game over.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, toast said:

Toast I agree with you it’s a difficult decision, but if it occurred I would support it even though I don’t agree with it. Because it’s a fact that foolish people are prolonging this Pandemic do to ignorance and worst of all Political Affiliations. In my opinion the Political agitators are the worst of the bunch, because they don’t care if their foolish opinions and advice kills others their only concern is the Political benefits they can get from their political stance.

Peace my brother and stay healthy and safe!:tu: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

No. It’s been shown that they tend to cause milder symptoms and lower hospitalization rates.

Correct.

A few weeks ago my sisters entire fully vaccinated and boosted family all caught Covid. 

Hope they are well.

But its my experience that a lot of people are in the opinion that a full vaccination status take them to the safe side and they neglect the known security measures like distancing, contact restriction and wearing a mask.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

Um you go to jail. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

Toast I agree with you it’s a difficult decision, but if it occurred I would support it even though I don’t agree with it. Because it’s a fact that foolish people are prolonging this Pandemic do to ignorance and worst of all Political Affiliations. In my opinion the Political agitators are the worst of the bunch, because they don’t care if their foolish opinions and advice kills others their only concern is the Political benefits they can get from their political stance.

I will back such decision at full scale because our government, and not only ours, has tried for 2 years meanwhile to speak into the conscience of the people but about one quarter feel not adressed so a mandate is the only option to the benefit of the majority.

Peace my brother and stay healthy and safe!:tu: 

Will do!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Um you go to jail. 

That law has been replaced by a forced Justin Bieber concert visit. Since the change, there are no open bills in Germany anymore.

:lol:

• Haha 2