Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intentionally catch the virus and then die from it to prove it is not fatal- taking things too far?

Silver

A folk singer from the Czech Republic has died after deliberately catching Covid, her son has told the BBC.

Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

The Czech Republic reported a record number of Covid-19 cases on Wednesday.

Mr Rek and his father, who are both fully vaccinated, both caught Covid over Christmas. But he said his mother had decided not to stay away from them, preferring instead to expose herself to the virus.

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally - BBC News

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Sad 6

7 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

A folk singer from the Czech Republic has died after deliberately catching Covid, her son has told the BBC.

Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

Her son, Jan Rek, said she got infected on purpose when he and his father had the virus, so she could get a recovery pass to access certain venues.

The Czech Republic reported a record number of Covid-19 cases on Wednesday.

Mr Rek and his father, who are both fully vaccinated, both caught Covid over Christmas. But he said his mother had decided not to stay away from them, preferring instead to expose herself to the virus.

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally - BBC News

After hearing so many of these cases, you'd think those people would switch on.

Apparently not. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Choices, everyone gets one

What I don't understand is: why is Covid so special? You ask someone who is visiting the tropics that they need to take multiple jabs, they will do them. Who wants to die of Malaria? Yet ask someone to protect themselves from Covid and they don't even want to wear a paper mask. In decades to come, we will explore this oddness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

What I don't understand is: why is Covid so special? You ask someone who is visiting the tropics that they need to take multiple jabs, they will do them. Who wants to die of Malaria? Yet ask someone to protect themselves from Covid and they don't even want to wear a paper mask. In decades to come, we will explore this oddness.

Hi Silver

I have no idea why I guess there is no trip involved well other than mind-tripping.:huh:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I think a couple of reasons. 

Firstly, peoples stupid politics, the worst of all reasons. 

Secondly, (this is a legitimate concern) this vaccine is not as thoroughly tested as previous vaccines and some people are afraid to take it.  The jabs required to visit the tropics are tried and true with multiple decades of success and relative safety.  So it's not a fair comparison.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I have a theory and have expressed it here a few times.  In short, I believe the hesitancy stems from a few causes.

1st - mRNA vaccines are new to most people and when we saw the FDA rush to put them in circulation FAR sooner than any medicine they've ever had authority over, people had a tendency to doubt the wisdom of that choice.  It's difficult to watch a process that was so rigid for decades, suddenly change overnight.

Next, the information that was trickled out from the CDC by way of Fauci, had a habit of changing often and sometimes wildly.  Mask, don't mask, wear two masks, masks aren't as effective as we first thought.  It went on and on.  Some people simply were confused and got tired of constantly being expected to be in "emergency" mode over an indefinite period of time.

Finally, most crucially, IMO, this pandemic began during one of the most divided and tribalistic periods in U.S. history.  Only our Civil War was worse.  We had gone through 3+ years of governmental instability, attempts to remove a sitting president, a dedicated, endless media assault that slowly caused the country to split right down the middle due to the fact that a LOT of very obvious slanders and untruths were being broadcast with no corrections even after they were often PROVEN to be false.  WHERE one stood on any of these issues, really didn't matter.  The effect was to cause a level of distrust higher than ever before seen in the U.S.

Our media had always been respected and generally, it was trusted, especially if the nation was in peril.  That DIED as a result of the media efforts to get rid of an outsider who was elected against the will of the DC elite.  Accept it, don't accept it, makes no difference.  Our nation was intentionally fractured, IMO.  Had this kind of division and lack of trust in media not been present, I don't believe we'd have had anything close to the numbers of people who refused the vaccines.

• Like 2

Her last hours, if conscious and not lost to the blessing of ignorant coma, must have been filled with some monstrous regret and anxiety.

What a waste.  What a fool.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Her last hours, if conscious and not lost to the blessing of ignorant coma, must have been filled with some monstrous regret and anxiety.

What a waste.  What a fool.

We can only hope, eh?  SMH...  

53 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Didn't she deliberately get it to get an immunity passport?  It wasn't so much to demonstrate anything.

Yes, but it doesn't really matter why she chose it.  She did what she felt was right for her circumstances.  If I was in a similar situation and decided I HAD to travel, I'd take the jab.  IMO, there are very real risks for either choice but if I HAD to roll the dice, I'd take my chances with the vax rather than INTENTIONALLY getting infected.  :( 

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I think a couple of reasons. 

Firstly, peoples stupid politics, the worst of all reasons. 

Secondly, (this is a legitimate concern) this vaccine is not as thoroughly tested as previous vaccines and some people are afraid to take it.  The jabs required to visit the tropics are tried and true with multiple decades of success and relative safety.  So it's not a fair comparison.

And I quote from the BBC news story:

Proof of vaccination or recent infection from the virus is required in the Czech Republic to gain entry to many social and cultural venues, including cinemas, bars and cafes.

So, see?  You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.  You cannot be Free and be unvaccinated.  What she was really making was a Political Statement all of her own:  Give me Liberty or give me Death.  

And why oh why, could someone please tell me why...are they still calling 'the shot'  a vaccine?  It is NOT a vaccine...and people are dying because the governments are forcing them to take it...directly or indirectly.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, joc said:

And I quote from the BBC news story:

So, see?  You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.  You cannot be Free and be unvaccinated.  What she was really making was a Political Statement all of her own:  Give me Liberty or give me Death.  

And why oh why, could someone please tell me why...are they still calling 'the shot'  a vaccine?  It is NOT a vaccine...and people are dying because the governments are forcing them to take it...directly or indirectly.

I don't think it was give me liberty or give me death.

Sounds more like FU I do what I want.

Paid the ultimate price for that pride. 

Wasn't worth it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

That depends on which vaccine you are talking about. The J&J vaccine is a well excepted vector vaccine for covid, so are malaria vaccines, they are both vector vaccines. Do you know what other vaccine is a vector vaccine? Seasonal flu vaccines. :D

Edited by Katniss
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Katniss said:

That depends on which vaccine you are talking about. The J&J vaccine is a well excepted vector vaccine for covid, so are malaria vaccines, they are both vector vaccines. Do you know what other vaccine is a vector vaccine? Seasonal flu vaccines. :D

The untested excuse is a bit long in the tooth now. It's just a poor excuse.

How many vaccinations have been administered now?

One had to wonder what it takes.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, joc said:

It is NOT a vaccine...and people are dying because the governments are forcing them to take it...directly or indirectly.

I agree.  At BEST, this vaccine is a therapeutic with more risks than things like monoclonal antibodies.  When Biden restricted the amount of supply of monoclonals to Florida and Texas it became INESCAPABLY obvious that the vaccines were being sold as the only choice and they've stood that ground even in the face of added deaths that arguably could have been avoided.  DeSantis never missed a step though.  He raided the budget to buy some extras but expected the supply to continue to be tightened.  IMO, that is evil to the point of being criminal.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-buys-glaxosmithkline-monoclonal-antibodies-desantis/2558438/

3 minutes ago, and then said:

I agree.  At BEST, this vaccine is a therapeutic with more risks than things like monoclonal antibodies.  When Biden restricted the amount of supply of monoclonals to Florida and Texas it became INESCAPABLY obvious that the vaccines were being sold as the only choice and they've stood that ground even in the face of added deaths that arguably could have been avoided.  DeSantis never missed a step though.  He raided the budget to buy some extras but expected the supply to continue to be tightened.  IMO, that is evil to the point of being criminal.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-buys-glaxosmithkline-monoclonal-antibodies-desantis/2558438/

I was just wondering what ever happened to Herd Immunity.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The untested excuse is a bit long in the tooth now. It's just a poor excuse.

How many vaccinations have been administered now?

One had to wonder what it takes.

I think the problem is they only see needles and think all the covid vaccines work the same in how they boost our immune system. :lol: All though we don't have the AstraZeneca Vaccine, I understand it's much like the J&J vaccine, another viral vector vaccine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joc said:

I was just wondering what ever happened to Herd Immunity.   

Hi Joc

I think it moooved to another pasture

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I think the problem is they only see needles and think all the covid vaccines work the same in how they boost our immune system. :lol: All though we don't have the AstraZeneca Vaccine, I understand it's much like the J&J vaccine, another viral vector vaccine.

Hi Katniss

I didn't get a choice the first 2 were Pfizer and the booster was Moderna  and had no issues with any of them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Katniss said:

With about ten billion administered, it's just not an excuse anymore.

AZ is like 12 weeks between first and second vaccination. Seems to be more than most. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about vaccines...when they aren't 'vaccines'.   In the Medical Jargon...got it...but in the real world?  Please!  If you aren't protected from the virus by the vaccine...then it isn't a vaccine.  And something just isn't right in the whole Medical Mythological Game.   Antibodies are real.  So...how is it that the infected can become infected again even if they had the vaccine?   But...I don't really care...

Here is why I don't care Katniss...and this isn't a jab at you or anyone else...I appreciate all the work you do in the Medical Community.  But the thing with me is, and I speak only for myself...

I am not afraid of getting sick and dying.  It's just what people do! 

The only people who do not get sick and die are those who die before they get sick.  I am going to get sick and die...it's a given.  I don't know if it is going to be a blood infection or a fungal infection or a parasitic infection or a virus or ....the list goes on and on and on.  What difference does it make?  If I get the virus and die...well there you go.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  If I don't get the virus...well they are doing a lot of road construction around here and Maniacs In Vehicles is not just a hip punk band dream name...They are all around me...shooting the rapids at speeds way faster than I am going... so...

It's more of a philosophy I guess....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Katniss

I didn't get a choice the first 2 were Pfizer and the booster was Moderna  and had no issues with any of them.

That's great! Neither did I an mine were all Pfizer.:D

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

With about ten billion administered, it's just not an excuse anymore.

Ha! :w00t: Not to the politically driven conspiracy theorist. You underestimate them, Mr. Psyche101. They'll show you their defiance to the last breath!

Which is honestly, very sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

That's great! Neither did I an mine were all Pfizer.:D

Ha! :w00t: Not to the politically driven conspiracy theorist. You underestimate them, Mr. Psyche101. They'll show you their defiance to the last breath!

Which is honestly, very sad.

:tu:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joc said:

I'm just sick and tired of hearing about vaccines...when they aren't 'vaccines'.   In the Medical Jargon...got it...but in the real world?  Please!  If you aren't protected from the virus by the vaccine...then it isn't a vaccine.  And something just isn't right in the whole Medical Mythological Game.   Antibodies are real.  So...how is it that the infected can become infected again even if they had the vaccine?   But...I don't really care...

Well I don't think you understand what they meant by 'protection from the virus', and it seems a lot people don't. But it's like the seasonal flu vaccines people get every year, you get those vaccines to keep you out of the hospitals or worse, the grave. So if you get the seasonal flu or covid or both at the same time, you can fight it off with your immunized system at home. :D

Here is why I don't care Katniss...and this isn't a jab at you or anyone else...I appreciate all the work you do in the Medical Community.  But the thing with me is, and I speak only for myself...

I am not afraid of getting sick and dying.  It's just what people do! 

The only people who do not get sick and die are those who die before they get sick.  I am going to get sick and die...it's a given.  I don't know if it is going to be a blood infection or a fungal infection or a parasitic infection or a virus or ....the list goes on and on and on.  What difference does it make?  If I get the virus and die...well there you go.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  If I don't get the virus...well they are doing a lot of road construction around here and Maniacs In Vehicles is not just a hip punk band dream name...They are all around me...shooting the rapids at speeds way faster than I am going... so...

It's more of a philosophy I guess....

Well despite your willingness to suffocate to death from covid. I just hope you don't ever have to and become another sad statistic. :( My life and my children's lives are worth more to me than to take chances like that. And my family got vaccinated almost a year ago and it's paid off in the long run, because we all did eventually get covid.

• Like 2