Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intentionally catch the virus and then die from it to prove it is not fatal- taking things too far?

Silver

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I was replying to some who has said he still can't eat inside yet described "The OZ" approach as going for broke.  Here we've been able to eat inside a restaurant for probably close to 18 months.

You van click on thr little arrow to back track the conversation.

Ok.  I was replying to the part about NZ.  I'm surprised you guys aren't as hard as us. Good for yous!

48 minutes ago, taniwha said:

In NZ for instance, you must show proof of vaccination papers in a seated setting to meal with others.  

Same everywhere.

Its also known that the double dosed are not as immune to the omicron and are in real danger of catching and spreading to other vaxed as a health test is not required.

By contrast healthy unvaxed can eat in the gutter or by a rubbish can and that's ok, they are the real 'danger' to society.

They have decided to shirk community duty of to care.

More like giving no special privileges to those who do not carry their own. 

What makes unvaccinated people healthy? 

As it stands, 2 thirds of hospitalisations currently with delta in NZ are double/fully jabbed.

Link? 

Anyone who believes this isn't a political mess is in dreamtime.

Anyone who makes a medical issue political does so to their own and others detriment. 

You never told me why your rights are more important than others.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Same everywhere.

They have decided to shirk community duty of to care.

More like giving no special privileges to those who do not carry their own. 

What makes unvaccinated people healthy? 

Link? 

Anyone who makes a medical issue political does so to their own and others detriment. 

You never told me why your rights are more important than others.

There are examples worldwide where vax passports don't exist.

No more a shirk on community care than it is a shirk on your own personal philosophy.  Tell me if the govt dropped vax passports tomorrow like they're be doin soon in GB, how you gonna react to the unvaxed then?

Seems your whole outlook IS politically eroded, you don't seem to demonstrate 1 degree of independent thought, everything you voice just magnifies govt policy.

Link or no link, let's assume it's true, (and it is) let me guess, it proves nothing, right?

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Ok.  I was replying to the part about NZ.  I'm surprised you guys aren't as hard as us. Good for yous!

Anything the Queensland Government has implemented was already being done by the Queensland public already.

Pubs were empty in March 2020 before the lockdown im April.

Businesses started checking in with your phone months before the State Check-in App.  The State App allows you to link your vaccine status.  Before you get too concerned about personal information, the private sector has a far worse reputation protectin privacy than than the "Ebil Gubmint".

Queensland now has no restrictions for domestic vistors, but spending is down.  WA Premier, Mao Mi Garkan, has closed borders indefinitely to protect what he calls the strongest tourism industry, pointing out the East Coast has simply chosen to stop spending.

Current behaviour seems to confirm the long remembered desire to avoid sick people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Katniss said:

I think you need to read my comments better next time too, XenoFish. I was talking about covid and covid vaccinations and how they prevent most from going out that way, besides the obvious foreseen deaths. I don't understand why you are saying all these things, when you went and got the J&J vaccine for yourself? It's contradictive of your actions.

I got vaxxed to shut people up. Not because I wanted too. Haven't and won't get a booster either. 

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

Not to mention she was 82

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hana Horka, 57, was unvaccinated and had posted on social media that she was recovering after testing positive, but died two days later.

Hi Taniwha

Most women don't like it when you and 25 years to their age, subtracting would likely put you in her graces though:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, joc said:

I was just wondering what ever happened to Herd Immunity.   

I'm not 100% sure, but I think 'herd immunity' only works when sufficient numbers of people are vaccinated. For example, it didn't work when we had the Great Plague in the Middle Ages, but it works with MMR if it is carried out properly.

9 hours ago, and then said:

Next, the information that was trickled out from the CDC by way of Fauci, had a habit of changing often and sometimes wildly.  Mask, don't mask, wear two masks, masks aren't as effective as we first thought.  It went on and on.  Some people simply were confused and got tired of constantly being expected to be in "emergency" mode over an indefinite period of time.

Good post. But isn't it in the nature of science that information changes as more is learnt? For example, peptic ulcer treatment change dramatically when it was suddenly found to be caused by bacteria, not other forms of toxic shock.

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Anything the Queensland Government has implemented was already being done by the Queensland public already.

Current behaviour seems to confirm the long remembered desire to avoid sick people.

There is evidence in the UK that the public act to preserve their own safety, despite official guidance. Some people don't want to go to a pub or club full of sweating, coughing, people, other people feel fine with it. People make their own risk assessments.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its a personal choice.

I agree with it, its my plan to catch Omicron with it being the milder variant, instead of having jabs. With a small percentage of healthy people it goes wrong, but its their choice. She knew the risks but decided it was best for herself.

Have you researched the risks? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

What I don't understand is: why is Covid so special? You ask someone who is visiting the tropics that they need to take multiple jabs, they will do them. Who wants to die of Malaria? Yet ask someone to protect themselves from Covid and they don't even want to wear a paper mask. In decades to come, we will explore this oddness.

Well, especially here in the states, it boils down to people /really/ not wanting anybody, no matter who, to tell them what to do. Conservatives HATE that **** since they're supposed to be the man of the house and the king of their castle and think anything the government does that even slightly annoys them is oppression (And while some extend that to other people, a lot of them, mostly the trump wing, are perfectly fine with the government messing with people who aren't 'acceptable' in their eyes). Liberals, on the other hand, are more willing to accept that maybe the fellow with the masters in virology knows more about this **** then they do and will listen to them and understand that in a vast nation such as ours, central planning is needed to keep all the wheels turning has smoothly as possible. We're not perfect thinkers, a lot of us do **** like cleanses that don't do anything or fall into new age hippie stuff that just makes them look stupid, but in a health emergency, it helps to have people who'll heed the advice of professionals. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if a Republican does the whole rugged individualism thing and lives in the woods with a bunch of other dudes doing survivalist training. But I draw the line at that guy spreading the 'rona around his community (And also trying to invade the capitol). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Taniwha

Most women don't like it when you and 25 years to their age, subtracting would likely put you in her graces though:lol:

Hardcase, I thought it was adding 25 pounds on their waistline that made them throw their weight round ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

Hardcase, I thought it was adding 25 pounds on their waistline that made them throw their weight round 

Hi Taniwha

It was likely the extra 25 pounds that killed her seeing as how they say that the virus negatively impacts overweight people:huh:

5 hours ago, Katniss said:

I think you need to read my comments better next time too, XenoFish. I was talking about covid and covid vaccinations and how they prevent most from going out that way, besides the obvious foreseen deaths. I don't understand why you are saying all these things, when you went and got the J&J vaccine for yourself? It's contradictive of your actions.

That’s seems to be a problem with many people these days, I think it is Omicron effecting their brains or what left of them anyway!:lol:

Peace my friend :tu:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Taniwha

It was likely the extra 25 pounds that killed her seeing as how they say that the virus negatively impacts overweight people:huh:

All we know for sure now is she died at the slender age of 57, where life expectancy for woman is 82.  

:lol:

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

All we know for sure now is she died at the slender age of 57, where life expectancy for woman is 82.  

Hi Taniwha

I know my facial expressions may have thrown you off but I was joking and have no likes:lol:

Edited by jmccr8

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

:lol:

Hi Taniwha

I know my facial expressions may have thrown you off but I was joking and have no likes:lol:

I will resist the urge to like this post as well just in case it's meant to be unlikeable :huh:

9 hours ago, Katniss said:

Well gosh, Joc. I don't know how you expect Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones and other doofus like them to sacrifice people's lives with covid misinformation, for the good of the country, to get the Biden Admin out of office, if anti-mask and anti-vaccine rhetoric are not used as political weapons against the Biden Admin. :lol:

Another Great post!  Are you seeing what I'm saying Katniss?  Actually.,..what I have been saying....

Half the country thinks the other half of the country is stupid, regardless of what half you are talking about.  Republicans vs Democrats...no.  Same damn party...The Washington Party...

Right wing journalists vs Main stream media...no.  They are all Media...all getting paid to say what they say and the one's you mentioned paid millions of dollars to say it.  

The problem is that we are divided.  Mostly along political lines.  So...if the Pandemic is Politicized...wow...what power they have all grabbed.

It's all Magic Katniss.  

3 hours ago, joc said:

Another Great post!  Are you seeing what I'm saying Katniss?  Actually.,..what I have been saying....

Half the country thinks the other half of the country is stupid, regardless of what half you are talking about.  Republicans vs Democrats...no.  Same damn party...The Washington Party...

Right wing journalists vs Main stream media...no.  They are all Media...all getting paid to say what they say and the one's you mentioned paid millions of dollars to say it.  

The problem is that we are divided.  Mostly along political lines.  So...if the Pandemic is Politicized...wow...what power they have all grabbed.

It's all Magic Katniss.  

Of course I do. But that's just cable news, Joc. And I like to get my news from somewhere, so I prefer the local news in my area. People want to watch or read some sort of news from somewhere. Because they want to know what is going on, outside of what is going on in their own lives. Unless you believe no news is good news? :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Katniss said:

Of course I do. But that's just cable news, Joc. And I like to get my news from somewhere, so I prefer the local news in my area. People want to watch or read some sort of news from somewhere. Because they want to know what is going on, outside of what is going on in their own lives. Unless you believe no news is good news? :D

I get my news as it dribbles in from Twitter or from here at UM or from clicking on google search, etc.  Like RIP Meatloaf died.   I don't need to know, don't want to know.  News is entertainment.  It's interesting when people die.  

21 hours ago, joc said:

I was just wondering what ever happened to Herd Immunity.   

That has failed.  To get there we would need immunity in something over 90% of the population.  If we put vaccinations and disease-induced immunity together, we're still not close.  The anti-vaxxers are making sure we don't ever get there.

So what else can we expect?  Eradication is now beyond reach.  Reducing it to an endemic level is about the only remaining game.

Doug

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug1066 said:

The anti-vaxxers are making sure we don't ever get there.

Thank God I am an anti-vaxxer!  And thank God I am not a manipulated political sheep programmed to carry the water of the Washington Party.  I feel like I just stepped barefoot in vomit.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Thank God I am an anti-vaxxer!  And thank God I am not a manipulated political sheep programmed to carry the water of the Washington Party.  I feel like I just stepped barefoot in vomit.

It's about what works and what doesn't work.  Vaccinations work; anti-vax rants don't.

Doug