Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will humans someday live forever?

Eldorado

Silicon-valley start-ups, tech billionaires and research scientists all hope to crack the secrets to a longer lifespan

The human race has long dreamt of overcoming its biological limits and living longer.

What if we could cheat the inexorable approach of ageing and physical decline and escape our own mortality?

MSN

AI author Ray Kurzweil claims that by 2045 an event known as “the singularity” will occur. Humans will become one with machines.

The technological singularity, as it’s called, is the moment when artificial intelligence takes off into ‘artificial superintelligence’ and becomes exponentially more intelligent more quickly. As self-improvement becomes more efficient, it gets quicker at improvement until the machine becomes infinitely more intelligent infinitely quickly.

At this point, human evolution would be forced to correlate with that of AI for fear of being left behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Queen is my favorite band, almost every day I listen or think of some music of them.
This song and "These are the days of our lives" always makes me sad despite liking them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Silicon-valley start-ups, tech billionaires and research scientists all hope to crack the secrets to a longer lifespan

The human race has long dreamt of overcoming its biological limits and living longer.

What if we could cheat the inexorable approach of ageing and physical decline and escape our own mortality?

MSN

AI author Ray Kurzweil claims that by 2045 an event known as “the singularity” will occur. Humans will become one with machines.

The technological singularity, as it’s called, is the moment when artificial intelligence takes off into ‘artificial superintelligence’ and becomes exponentially more intelligent more quickly. As self-improvement becomes more efficient, it gets quicker at improvement until the machine becomes infinitely more intelligent infinitely quickly.

At this point, human evolution would be forced to correlate with that of AI for fear of being left behind.

I would be happy to like like 250 years most, but only if we could revert back old age to a certain extent and not have neurological issues or memory loss.
One thing about old folks is how some perceive them to think slowly which is not true, they seem to think slower because they have more experience and the brain is actually working on top of it.

• Like 1

I would hope, rather than become part machine, the super intelligent A.I. was used to solve the biological problem of ageing and disease.