Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum simulation?


Damien99
 Share

Recommended Posts

 
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • godnodog

    1

  • Rlyeh

    2

  • Damien99

    3

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Damien99 said:

https://phys.org/news/2022-01-quantum-simulation-false-vacuum.html
 

why would someone try to simulate vacuum decay? Would that possibly not provoke it? 
just confusing to my why they are playing around this even with the risks 

What makes you think simulating something would make it actually happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

What makes you think simulating something would make it actually happen?

That’s what my question is towards would that not possibly cause it. I am having trouble understanding the article and am just curious about what they actually found and how they are attempting to simulate it without possibly causing anything real

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick Google search turns up Quantum Simulator a (more restricted type?) quantum computer, or software that simulates Q# on classical computers..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

A quick Google search turns up Quantum Simulator a (more restricted type?) quantum computer, or software that simulates Q# on classical computers..

The article discussed using types of atoms. Also mentions something about finding vacuum decay in the early universe or did I mess read that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Damien99 said:

https://phys.org/news/2022-01-quantum-simulation-false-vacuum.html
 

why would someone try to simulate vacuum decay? Would that possibly not provoke it? 
just confusing to my why they are playing around this even with the risks 

A simulation is a simulation, its not an active experiment, so no danger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.