Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Changes in COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Among Black and White Individuals in the US

Grim Reaper 6

Question -- How has COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy changed among Black and White individuals in the US since vaccines became publicly available?

Findings -- This survey study of 1200 US adults found that COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy decreased more rapidly among Black individuals than among White individuals since December 2020. A key factor associated with this pattern seems to be the fact that Black individuals more rapidly came to believe that vaccines were necessary to protect themselves and their communities.

Importance -- COVID-19 has disproportionately affected Black individuals in the US; however, vaccination rates among Black individuals trail those among other racial groups. This disparity is often attributed to a high level of vaccine hesitancy among Black individuals, but few studies have examined changes in vaccine hesitancy over time.

Conclusions and Relevance -- This survey study suggests that the intention of Black individuals to be vaccinated was initially comparable to that of White individuals but increased more rapidly. There is some evidence that this increase is associated with changes in beliefs about the vaccine. Vaccination rates continue to be lower among Black individuals than White individuals, but these results suggest that this might be less likely the result of vaccine hesitancy than other factors.

Below is a complete explanation of details concerning how this collection of data was implemented to fully understand the details its important to full read the medical journal in the link below:

Changes in COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Among Black and White Individuals in the US | Health Disparities | JAMA Network Open | JAMA Network

@Myles I thought you would a want to see this, apparently things have changed.

• Like 1

The UK government are increasingly looking likely they will not insist on people working in the NHS needing to be jabbed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

@Myles I thought you would a want to see this, apparently things have changed.

Thanks.  I was still going off af data from months ago where African Americans were the least vaccinated of all races.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Thanks.  I was still going off af data from months ago where African Americans were the least vaccinated of all races.  

Your welcome, I know you had said that before I just want you to see it because just came out the other day!:tu:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

The UK government are increasingly looking likely they will not insist on people working in the NHS needing to be jabbed. 

Is that because of the sale of tea?

4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Is that because of the sale of tea?

? Eh? 

They've realised that there's more deaths brewing from routine required health care than covid. 

Plus in UK, the covid figures 'with' and 'of' have been manipulated so badly that the cabinet have realised they've been duped. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

? Eh? 

They've realised that there's more deaths brewing from routine required health care than covid. 

Plus in UK, the covid figures 'with' and 'of' have been manipulated so badly that the cabinet have realised they've been duped. 

So it was actually Tea bags!:tu:

13 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Vaccination rates continue to be lower among Black individuals than White individuals, but these results suggest that this might be less likely the result of vaccine hesitancy than other factors.

I'm confused lol

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm confused lol

Why

27 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

So it was actually Tea bags!:tu:

? No it was loose leaf hypothermic green tea rolled between the thighs of virgin goats. Or was it goat-herders? The details get fuzzy. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Why

I guess its saying hesitancy is decreasing faster amongst black people than white people but that black people still have the lowest rate of vaccination.

That makes sense. Just took me a second 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I guess its saying hesitancy is decreasing faster amongst black people than white people but that black people still have the lowest rate of vaccination.

That makes sense. Just took me a second 

It's definitely not due to availability.   I don't recall anything being as easily accessible as the vaccines have been.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Myles said:

It's definitely not due to availability.   I don't recall anything being as easily accessible as the vaccines have been.

Man isn’t that the truth, getting vaccinated Is as easy as getting a glass of milk of the fridge! :tu:

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:41 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

? No it was loose leaf hypothermic green tea rolled between the thighs of virgin goats. Or was it goat-herders? The details get fuzzy. 

Uncertain but it’s common knowledge on this forum that you have a little brooother, so I think it’s sheep!:lol:

Edited by Manwon Lender

I think a big part of it is because black people are seeing friends and family members die.   Obesity rates are higher with black people than any other race.  Obesity causes allot of strain on the body and leads to many other complications leaving people susceptible to complications from covid.