Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunters capture the moment George Best's biography moves by itself

Still Waters

As one of the best footballers who ever lived George Best famously ghosted past defenders as if they weren’t there.

Now his ex-wife Alex has revealed she believes he could still be ghosting around - but this time as a spirit in her Surrey home.

Since the footie star’s death 16 years ago, model Alex has experienced strange phenomena and goings-on which she has never been able to explain - items vanishing from sight only to reappear in the middle of a room many months later, heavy furniture moving, lights flicking on and off again, and the TV suddenly bursting into life with no human interference.

“I’m convinced spirits have come to visit my 200-year-old house,” she says. “And now I think George could have been one of them.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/hidden-footage-captures-ghost-george-26003383

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to Ghost hunters capture the moment George Best's biography moves by itself

I have sometimes wondered why spirits, who have managed to cross the gulf between the dead and the living, through a sheer determination to communicate with us, can think of nothing better to do than move a book or knock a glass over. Maybe their powers are limited, but it is a shame they can't do less ambiguous things, like pick up a pen and write something like"hey, it's not so bad".

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

“I’m convinced spirits have come to visit my 200-year-old house,” she says. “And now I think George could have been one of them.”

George and his ghost-friends were just looking for Whisky in the house. 

• Haha 5

Papameter Reading

75% Paranormal    10% Hoax      15% Other

Factors: repeated paranormal claims from the house. Also my theory that those who were more active personalities in life are more likely to provide phenomena after death.

Got to love this guy for one of the Best quotes ever:

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds [women] and fast cars – the rest I just squandered".

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I have sometimes wondered why spirits, who have managed to cross the gulf between the dead and the living, through a sheer determination to communicate with us, can think of nothing better to do than move a book or knock a glass over. Maybe their powers are limited, but it is a shame they can't do less ambiguous things, like pick up a pen and write something like"hey, it's not so bad".

I think the reason might be moving objects does not require the fine motor control over multiple seconds like writing. The book was one blunt movement.

There is ‘automatic writing’ where a spirit allegedly controls the living writers hand.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

have sometimes wondered

the after life does not exist- no wonder there for me ;)

• Like 1

I know a girl shes very kind hearted very sincere she believes that a friend who died with her now not only haunts her home but even posses her and her boyfriend and another friend and.....

In her case like i said she sincerely believes it.

200 year old house, yeah I could see the possibility. I don’t know if her husband is part of that, but interesting none the less.