Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CDC: Study Confirms Natural Immunity Stronger Than Vaccines

taniwha

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Ridiculously false. In no way ever is an infection a 'booster shot'.

Booster shots do not give you an infection. End of story.

''Once you’re vaccinated and then exposed to the virus, you’re probably going to be reasonably well-protected from future variants.''

- Dr. Marcel Curlin, associate professor of medicine in the OHSU School of Medicine

Edited by Only_
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Exactly. :D It's like purposely getting snake bit from a venomous snake, then hoping you survive it. The survival rate is not always good. Too much of a gamble. But I guess some people like to gamble with their lives.

I have started to believe it’s a lack of common sense, and possibly a form of temporary brain damage from the Trump Kool-aid!:D But seriously the people I sincerely feel sorry for are those who can not receive the vaccine because of medical issues beyond their control. As far those who like to gamble, I hope they realize they are playing Russian Roulette with a 6 shot revolver loaded with 4 bullets because that is very close to the odds of having a positive out come once infected!:yes:

Peace Katniss!:tu:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Actually that is fact so deal with it.

The fact that there are asymptomatic cases means what to you?

The anti-vaxxer appeal is based on being ignorant. It reminds of the teenager that thinks they won't be pregnant if they pretend they are not pregnant. Life doesn't work that way.

If you die of COVID you are dead. If COVID leaves you unable to read, barely able to breath, or headed to a dialysis unit that is what happens.

Vaccines are potent. They save lives and have for centuries.

People forget about the medical staff that have to deal with the stupids of the world that refuse vaccination and end up dying in front of medical staff. Those courageous and overlooked by the asinine anti-vaxxers see deaths as if a major war is raging. Medical students not expecting to see death are holding the hands of those that do not want to die alone again and again and again. Why? Because of the scum who are anti-vax

Go ahead and post your link of the said fact of 0% natural immunity following omicron re-infection then. 

Anti-vax?  Do you mean people who are Anti-medical-experiment-using-my-body-so-dont-bother-with-emotional-manipulation-and-guilt-shaming-but-thanks-for-caring-have-a-nice-dayers?

Do you think these people want to live or die?  Do you genuinely think these people don't care for others?  Because last I looked many of them are the front line workers and medical staff you paradoxically grandstand.

The key to making the right choice is informed consent. All sides of the story.

How bout you vent your inquisition toward those who stand to profit incredibly from the plight of others while pushing the vaccines down people's throats.

People have died taking the vaccine, not because they wanted to but because they felt co-erced or because they wanted to do the right thing because loudmouth vaxxers won't stop jumping up and down how unsafe the world is unless they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Enormous Truth Bomb Explodes In Face Of Denial

Contact CDC

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30329-4027 USA 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY: (888) 232-6348 Contact CDC-INFO

...Not to mention the data was only made public 4 or 5 days ago :passifier:

Hide contents

KAAAAAABOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

Other than that your spot on! :tu:

You have to accept that the cake is your face already. To post CDC contact data (btw: for what reason exactly?) does not change that fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Only_ said:

''Once you’re vaccinated and then exposed to the virus, you’re probably going to be reasonably well-protected from future variants.''

- Dr. Marcel Curlin, associate professor of medicine in the OHSU School of Medicine

So the goal is to be vaccinated and have boosters?

Again an infection is NOT a booster shot. An infection has the threat of injury.

"Researchers said that one key finding is that people need to get vaccinated."

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So basically you admit being wrong?

Wrong about being right? :passifier:

3 minutes ago, toast said:

You have to accept that the cake is your face already. To post CDC contact data (btw: for what reason exactly?) does not change that fact.

Thanks for asking.  The contact details are provided for anyone who needs to inform the CDC how wrong they are to post relevant information. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So the goal is to be vaccinated and have boosters?

Again an infection is NOT a booster shot. An infection has the threat of injury.

"Researchers said that one key finding is that people need to get vaccinated."

Exactly my point. Fully vaccinated people who got infected with Omicron need not rush and get a 3rd booster shot. Science does support that.

You've got the vaccine protection plus that extra boost of immunity from exposure to the virus. That creates super-immunity against COVID.

You seem to advocate for people to get a 3rd booster vaccine shot no matter what. Well, the science disagree.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Go ahead and post your link of the said fact of 0% natural immunity following omicron re-infection then. 

Anti-vax?  Do you mean people who are Anti-medical-experiment-using-my-body-so-dont-bother-with-emotional-manipulation-and-guilt-shaming-but-thanks-for-caring-have-a-nice-dayers?

Do you think these people want to live or die?  Do you genuinely think these people don't care for others?  Because last I looked many of them are the front line workers and medical staff you paradoxically grandstand.

The key to making the right choice is informed consent. All sides of the story.

How bout you vent your inquisition toward those who stand to profit incredibly from the plight of others while pushing the vaccines down people's throats.

People have died taking the vaccine, not because they wanted to but because they felt co-erced or because they wanted to do the right thing because loudmouth vaxxers won't stop jumping up and down how unsafe the world is unless they do.

Thanks for the nonsensical BS you like to post this being a prime example "Because last I looked many of them are the front line workers and medical staff you paradoxically grandstand."

Ans here is more nonsensical ramblings: "How bout you vent your inquisition toward those who stand to profit incredibly from the plight of others while pushing the vaccines down people's throats."

And here is more baloney from you: "People have died taking the vaccine" Almost no one has died from the vaccine but 1000 times have died from the disease as have from the vaccine.

The scum of the earth include the anti-vaxxers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Only_ said:

Exactly my point. Fully vaccinated people who got infected with Omicron need not rush and get a 3rd booster shot. Science does support that.

You've got the vaccine protection plus that extra boost of immunity from exposure to the virus.

You seem to advocate for people to get a 3rd booster vaccine shot no matter what. Well, the science disagree.

Thanks for suggesting something I never stated. You must look back and find where you erred.

• Like 2

Looks like the anti-vax wingnuts are wrong according to the CDC

COVID-19 vaccines reduced risks for SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19–associated death during periods of Delta variant predominance and infection risk during Omicron variant emergence.

The wackos would like to claim otherwise. When they fail they pretend you claimed something other than what was posted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Thanks for asking.  The contact details are provided for anyone who needs to inform the CDC how wrong they are to post relevant information. 

Ok, understood, a call to the idiots, thanks for clarification.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Well since you have not posted your credible source, I can only assume your source of creation occurred at the Wuhan Virology Laboratory and that you were accidentally released.:w00t: This can be the only reason you start a thread, and then begin infecting it with contaminated rhetoric! :yes: But, you best be very careful because a new vaccine is currently being developed to stop the contamination your spreading and you just can not be certain when immunization against you thoughts will be complete!!:lol:

• So get your tinfoil hat along with your body suit, then construct a Faraday Cage and wait the coming vaccine out hopefully you will be fine!:lol:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Looks like the anti-vax wingnuts are wrong according to the CDC

The wackos would like to claim otherwise. When they fail they pretend you claimed something other than what was posted.

The COVID vaccines are a great tool. However, they are not the be-all and end-all.

Natural immunity is as good, if not better, than vaccination. The studies are there to prove it.

This folly of vaccinating people with already strong protective COVID antibodies never made sense to me.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Only_ said:

The COVID vaccines are a great tool. However, they are not the be-all and end-all.

Natural immunity is as good, if not better, than vaccination. The studies are there to prove it.

This folly of vaccinating people with already strong COVID antibodies never made sense to me.

Actually, natural immunity is not as good. The studies have shown that.

The folly of your claims makes sense to no one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Link/s please.

• Like 1

I do have to stop and wonder how many people glossed over this from the article:

"The authors of the paper warned, however, against depending on infection as a strategy, given the higher risks to unvaccinated persons who weren’t previously infected of hospitalization, long-term impacts, and death, compared to vaccinated people." -from the article linked in the OP

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Only_ said:

You've got the vaccine protection plus that extra boost of immunity from exposure to the virus. That creates super-immunity against COVID.

Your thoughts on this subject are very flawed, obviously you have no knowledge of this subject. All it takes to find the correct assertion to your scrambled views of the subject are the links provided earlier in this thread, critical thinking, and a simple common sense approach! The nonsensical comments you made above are very deceiving and can easily confuse those like you with limited knowledge of this subject. However, anyone with a working knowledge of the subject can see the flawed logic your using plainly, easily, and without any doubt.

So all ‘I can say in closing Is Please Go Ahead And Pull It!:lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Link/s please.

It was from the original article posted but was very specific in saying the original Covid strain and Delta.  The article also said this:

"The analysis was also carried out before the emergence of the Omicron variant, for which both vaccine and infection-derived immunity appear diminished, and before boosters were made widely available."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The scum of the earth include the anti-vaxxers

Are you resorted to low forms of hate speech in a desperate attempt to close this thread in the absense of anything productive to add?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have started to believe it’s a lack of common sense, and possibly a form of temporary brain damage from the Trump Kool-aid!:D But seriously the people I sincerely feel sorry for are those who can not receive the vaccine because of medical issues beyond their control. As far those who like to gamble, I hope they realize they are playing Russian Roulette with a 6 shot revolver loaded with 4 bullets because that is very close to the odds of having a positive out come once infected!:yes:

Peace Katniss!:tu:

If they really believe what they believe, Manwon, all we need for them to do is stay home (try to survive it, or die from it, whatever) and not pack the hospitals. That would be great. After all it's their lives, if they want to take that gamble.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Only_ said:

This folly of vaccinating people with already strong COVID antibodies never made sense to me.

Thank you for being honest, because it’s very obvious it doesn’t make sense to you. But, hey there is this amazing method of learning called research and with just a little, everything will make sense to you.:yes: It Will be like standing in a room with no light and having the door open exposing you to the Sun!:tu:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Actually, natural immunity is not as good. The studies have shown that.

The folly of your claims makes sense to no one.

Prior COVID infection more protective than vaccination during Delta surge -U.S. study

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/prior-covid-infection-more-protective-than-vaccination-during-delta-surge-us-2022-01-19/

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting-immunity-found-after-recovery-covid-19

Protective immunity after recovery from SARS-CoV-2 infection

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00676-9/fulltext

Israeli study shows natural immunity delivers 13 times more protection than COVID vaccines

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

Natural infection and vaccination together provide maximum protection against COVID variants

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/12/211208094916.htm

There are plenty of studies supporting natural immunity against COVID.

Funny how some people see me as an 'anti-vaxxer' because I am not a fundamentalist. I see vaccines as a tool, not a silver bullet.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Are you resorted to low forms of hate speech in a desperate attempt to close this thread in the absense of anything productive to add?

The scum of the earth are the anti-vaxxers. Is there a problem here?

• Like 2