Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CDC: Study Confirms Natural Immunity Stronger Than Vaccines

taniwha

27 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You admitted you were wrong. Well done. Thank you

Ahh, I believe I now know the source of your bitterment, you have a truly powerful overactive imagination :clap:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

If they really believe what they believe, Manwon, all we need for them to do is stay home (try to survive it, or die from it, whatever) and not pack the hospitals. That would be great. After all it's their lives, if they want to take that gamble.

Yea that’s true, however I would like to watch them playing Russian Roulette with a 6 shot revolver loaded with 4 bullets, I know it’s a bit extreme and a little crazy but my military side would enjoy watching them play that game!:lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Looks like the anti-vax wingnuts are wrong according to the CDC

The wackos would like to claim otherwise. When they fail they pretend you claimed something other than what was posted.

Great find.  Have you ever considered picking cherries for a living?  

Oh, needless to say it doesn't mention Natural Immunity.

Please stay on topic :tu:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Prior COVID infection more protective than vaccination during Delta surge -U.S. study

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/prior-covid-infection-more-protective-than-vaccination-during-delta-surge-us-2022-01-19/

Israeli study shows natural immunity delivers 13 times more protection than COVID vaccines

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/israeli-study-shows-natural-immunity-delivers-13-times-more-protection-than-covid-vaccines/

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine—but vaccination remains vital

https://www.science.org/content/article/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

Natural infection and vaccination together provide maximum protection against COVID variants

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/12/211208094916.htm

There are plenty of studies supporting natural immunity against COVID.

Funny how some people think I am an 'anti-vaxxer' because I am not a fundamentalist. I see vaccines are a tool, not a silver bullet.

And that is delta against delta. But over the course of the disease the vaccinated have not endured the death rate, the injury rate of the vaccinated. Nor have the vaccinated been at odds with variants. Overall the vaccinated have fared far better.

From your links

Nevertheless, vaccination remains the safest strategy against COVID-19, according to the report published in U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

Smaller CDC study shows vaccines offer better protection

The study demonstrates the power of the human immune system, but infectious disease experts emphasized that this vaccine and others for COVID-19 nonetheless remain highly protective against severe disease and death. And they caution that intentional infection among unvaccinated people would be extremely risky. “What we don’t want people to say is: ‘All right, I should go out and get infected, I should have an infection party,’” says Michel Nussenzweig, an immunologist at Rockefeller University who researches the immune response to SARS-CoV-2 and was not involved in the study. “Because somebody could die.”

So you are protected but NOT from a variant. And omicron is such a variant that is more protected by vaccines that previous infections.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Ahh, I believe I now know the source of your bitterment, you have a truly powerful overactive imagination :clap:

Again, thank you for being so very wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Great find.  Have you ever considered picking cherries for a living?  

Oh, needless to say it doesn't mention Natural Immunity.

Please stay on topic :tu:

Thanks again for failing. You do it so well

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you are protected but NOT from a variant. And omicron is such a variant that is more protected by vaccines that previous infections.

Omicron evades some of the protection induced by previous natural infection but also from the vaccines.

That's why I am a proponent of the Natural infection + vaccine (hybrid immunity) approach. That seems to be the greatest protection you can get according to science.

Of course, no one should eagerly seek to get infected by Omicron. That would be silly. But the reality is that Omicron did and will continue to infect a lot of fully vaccinated people.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Omicron evades some of the protection induced by previous by natural infection but also from the vaccines.

That's why I am a proponent of of the Natural infection + vaccine approach. That seems to be the greatest protection you can get according to science.

Of course, no one should eagerly seek to get infected by Omicron.That would be silly. But the reality is that Omicron did and will continue to infect a lot of fully vaccinated people.

And omicron will infect anyone that has natural immunity since omicron gets past that protection.

Natural infection is not a good idea. That option should be avoided at all costs

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Again, thank you for being so very wrong.

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

And omicron will infect anyone that has natural immunity since omicron gets past that protection.

Natural infection is not a good idea. That option should be avoided at all costs

Are you suggesting unnatural infections?  Bioweapons?

15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Not true. There is a 56% protection from prior infection against Omicron according to a study:

Protection from prior infection significantly reduced against Omicron

''By the numbers: The study found that prior infections were 90% effective against symptomatic reinfections for the Alpha variant, 92% effective for the Delta variant and only 56% effective for Omicron.  ''

https://www.axios.com/omicron-infection-natural-immunity-vaccines-92529dcb-8a09-437a-a740-63b5816753c2.html

That seems to me as good as the current vaccines, if not better, where we are seeing a very high percentage of breakthrough infections with Omicron.

Doctors see more COVID-19 breakthrough cases with omicron, say vaccines still help

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/doctors-see-more-covid-19-breakthrough-cases-with-omicron-say-vaccines-still-help

So unless Pfizer and Moderna makes available a new, omicron-specific vaccine; hybrid immunity is the best thing you can get at this point.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Are you suggesting unnatural infections?  Bioweapons?

Are you being purposely daft?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Again unless you post your link you could claim all day that everyone else is wrong.

• Like 1

Not true. There is a 19%  protection from prior infection against Omicron according to a study:

Study says prior infection gives 19% protection against Omicron

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/protection-against-omicron/126816/

That seems to me as good as the current vaccines, where we are seeing a very high percentage of breakthrough infection with Omicron.

Doctors see more COVID-19 breakthrough cases with omicron, say vaccines still help

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/coronavirus/doctors-see-more-covid-19-breakthrough-cases-with-omicron-say-vaccines-still-help

So unless Pfizer and Moderna makes available a new, omicron-specific vaccine, hybrid immunity is the best thing you can get at this point.

The best protection is to avoid infection.

And vaccines and boosters are better at preventing infection than hoping a previous infection presents a second round of trouble.

You re arguing from a position of infection. Pretty ridiculous.

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

Again unless you post your link you could claim all day that everyone else is wrong.

Thank you for being wrong. I can't seem to thank you enough for your failures.

3 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Not true. There is a 19%  protection from prior infection against Omicron according to a study:

Study says prior infection gives 19% protection against Omicron

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/protection-against-omicron/126816/

That seems to me as good as the current vaccines, where we are seeing a very high percentage of breakthrough infections with Omicron.

So unless Pfizer and Moderna makes available a new, omicron-specific vaccine; hybrid immunity is the best thing you can get at this point.

Thanks for that, it's obvious stereologist is avoiding that very fact. He's more one-eyed than usual, monologist might be a better name lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

And vaccines and boosters are better at preventing infection than hoping a previous infection presents a second round of trouble.

You are arguing that there is only one type of immunity that is viable. That which provided by vaccines. I disagree.

Infection occurs whether we like it or not.

They occurred before the vaccines were made available, and they still occur massively as breakthrough infection cases.

Thankfully, Omicron is milder and the vaccines still offer some protection. But so does natural immunity according to studies.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Thanks for that, it's obvious stereologist is avoiding that very fact. He's more one-eyed than usual, monologist might be a better name lol

Not only are you clueless about stereology, but you miss out that the issue is time.

Did you miss that part I have been mentioning on purpose? I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Spoken like a true snakeskin oil salesman.  You can't even be gracious in defeat.

Of course it is from the point of view of re-infection that's what the OP is about.

No point bleating on about 0% immunity as that is true of every single virus on the planet until infection occurs.

Hope you finally learn something positive from it

• Like 1

You are arguing that there is only one type of immunity that is viable. That which provided by vaccines. I disagree.

They occurred before the vaccines were made available, and they still occur massively as breakthrough infection cases.

Thankfully, Omicron is milder and the vaccines still offer some protection. But so does natural immunity according to studies.

There you go and are telling a falsehood. I never said that or suggested that. Do you have a reading and comprehension problem?

And this is another falsehood: "occur massively as breakthrough infection cases" Not true either.

Natural immunity has a time issue.

34 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Of course, no one should eagerly seek to get infected by Omicron. That would be silly. But the reality is that Omicron did and will continue to infect a lot of fully vaccinated people.

Case in point Israel, one of the highest vax rates in the world and omicron is running rampant per head of capita it is the most infected place on the planet.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Case in point Israel, one of the highest vax rates in the world and omicron is running rampant per head of capita it is the most infected place on the planet.

Well more falsehoods unless infected was supposed to be vaccinated.

Is it true that omicron is running rampant in Israel? No.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Only_ said:

They occurred before the vaccines were made available, and they still occur massively as breakthrough infection.

Massively is a gross overstatement. 

It's as high as around 5%

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/vbt.html

Why are you and the other poster going to extraordinary lengths to avoid vaccination? And deter others?

Do you actually feel qualified well enough to question world leading medical experts? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-JSJG9ON9vyapWr8FdO-

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A booster dose of the Covid-19 vaccine significantly reduces a person's odds of hospitalization from the omicron variant, new research released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds.

Looks like the CDC know that the solution is vaccination and because of that pesky time issue people get boosters.

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Well more falsehoods unless infected was supposed to be vaccinated.

Is it true that omicron is running rampant in Israel? No.

Yes it's true.  Make an effort, research rather than sit there handing out true and false tickets as if your the independent authority on the matter.

Unless you are the authority in which case I will need to see some ID...

And a link.

• Thanks 1

Holy pathhogens

Omicron destroys majority of prior infection protection

This means that protection against Omicron, either through having COVID before or two shots of vaccine, are lowered to as little as between 0% to 19%.

In the SIREN study, which looks at virus infection in healthcare workers, it was found that prior COVID infection gave those people 85% protection for the next six months.

That number has dropped to 19%, meaning that double-vaccinated healthcare and frontline workers are now facing greatly increased chances of catching COVID again.

So in 6 months natural immunity dropped from 85% to 19%. If you were infected before 6 months ago, that would be July of last year, your protected is nada, nothing, zilch.

But boosters were more recent. That means vaccinated with boosters are better off.

it seems that booster vaccines can push that uncomfortable 19% figure back up to between 55% and 80%.

So vaccines and boosters are better

• Like 1