Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CDC: Study Confirms Natural Immunity Stronger Than Vaccines

taniwha

The loonies that pretend that no one was injured or died while they got natural immunity are pathetic.

Those pushing for natural immunity are corrosive to society.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

And this is another falsehood: "occur massively as breakthrough infection cases" Not true either.

Breakthrough cases are everywhere. I've read that in a state like Florida, 41% of Omicron infection are breakthrough cases.

Natural immunity has a time issue.

So does COVID vaccine immunity. It naturally starts to wane after some time.

Hence the booster shot(s).

Edited by Only_
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Looks like the CDC know that the solution is vaccination and because of that pesky time issue people get boosters.

The CDC have also back peddaled, accepting that Natural Immunity offers substantial benefits more than even the vaxxine RE: Delta  That information is a bombshell. Perhaps a vaccine based around the workings of Natural Immunity should be considered

3 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Breakthrough cases are everywhere. I've read that in a state like Florida, 41% of Omicron infection are breakthrough cases.

They also have a low vax rate. Around 64% after all this time 

Red state. Says a lot that.

So does COVID vaccine immunity.

All links say vaccination is better. 

How do you find a mild discomfort for some people regarding vaccination is better than a week of horrible days, or longer, from Covid?

Boosters can be timely issued to avoid a great deal of discomfort, and note importantly, saving others from that. Of you infected me because of your natural immunity beliefs, I'd like the option to due you for the loss of income and disruption to my life. Which would be fair IMHO. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Now, a runny nose or a sore throat for a few days is nothing to worry about, but that shows Omicron largely evades immunity in fully vaccinated people.

So does COVID vaccine immunity.

Breakthrough cases are not the norm. Cases due to unvaccinated people is the bulkof the cases.

No vaccine is 100%. The COVID-19 vaccines had been hoped to reach 75% but came up as high  the low 90s% effective rate.

9 minutes ago, taniwha said:

The CDC have also back peddaled, accepting that Natural Immunity offers substantial benefits more than even the vaxxine RE: Delta  That information is a bombshell. Perhaps a vaccine based around the workings of Natural Immunity should be considered

Again the natural immunity is a fall back situation. In 2020 1.8 million died of COVID.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Hole crap psyche101

• A study published in August 2021 indicates that if you had COVID-19 before and are not vaccinated, your risk of getting re-infected is more than two times higher than for those who got vaccinated after having COVID-19.
  • Another study published on Nov. 5, 2021, by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) looked at adults hospitalized for COVID-like sickness between January and September 2021. This study found that the chances of these adults testing positive for COVID-19 were 5.49 times higher in unvaccinated people who had COVID-19 in the past than they were for those who had been vaccinated for COVID and had not had an infection before.
  • A study from the CDC in September 2021 showed that roughly one-third of those with COVID-19 cases in the study had no apparent natural immunity.

So as I've stated frequently vaccination is far better than natural immunity

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Breakthrough cases are not the norm. Cases due to unvaccinated people is the bulkof the cases.

Do you have any data to support that?

Where I live the vaccination rate is 90% and the bulk of the cases is among the fully vaccinated.  It doesn't make much difference whether you are vaccinated or not in terms of infection.

What we are seeing is vaccinated people are less likely to end up hospitalized which is good news.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Hole crap psyche101

Yep, your spot on. 

I don't know what actually motivates these posters. 

One NZ poster some time back always refused vaccination of any type because it was white man's poison. 

I just hope we're not dealing with that sort of barbaric backward superstitious nonsense here. 

• Like 1

Where I live the vaccination rate is 90% and the bulk of the cases is among the fully vaccinated.  It doesn't make much difference whether you are vaccinated or not in terms of infection.

What we are seeing is vaccinated people are less likely to end up hospitalized which is good news.

I call BS. Where do you live? 

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There many studies contradicting that claim, but you choose to ignore them.

Do you want me to post them again?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Only_ said:

What about the three in the JH link that refuted the claim?

Just now, Only_ said:

Your own quote shows that to be the case, i.e. everyone is 100%.

here is Virginia

image.png.823783562cb9126226e6869cd8eb46cf.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Your claim fail on many points

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What about the three in the JH link that refuted the claim?

The fact that some studies contradict each others (vaccine immunity VS natural immunity) seems to make the case that hybrid immunity is the best form of protection you can get against COVID.

Edited by Only_
  • Confused 1

Again Delaware shows that vaccination is important

Unvaccinated Cases                                 
Total Unvaccinated / Partially Vaccinated Cases  10,663                                 
Total Cases  18,910                                 
Percent of Unvaccinated / Partially Vaccinated Cases  56%                                 
Hospitalizations                                 
Unvaccinated / Partially Vaccinated Hospitalized  Cases  263                                 
Total Hospitalized Cases  432                                 
Percent of Unvaccinated / Partially Vaccinated Hospitalized  Cases  61%                                 
Deaths                                 
Unvaccinated / Partially Vaccinated COVID-19 Deaths  23                                 
Total COVID-19 Deaths 35                                 
Percent of Unvaccinated / Partially Vaccinated COVID-19 Deaths  66% 
  • Like 1

Just now, Only_ said:

The fact that some studies contradict each others seems to make the case that hybrid immunity is the best form of protection you can get against COVID.

So we should expose people on purpose?

• Like 1

The get sick and then vaccinate position is an anti-social stance. It borders on being sociopathic.

The goal is to void sickness, and to not overwhelm the health system.

• Like 1

Quebec, Canada.

https://www.toronto.ca/news/breakthrough-infections-data-shows-vaccinations-are-effective-against-covid-19/

Toronto Public Health (TPH) data shows that vaccination has been effective in Toronto’s COVID-19 response, with breakthrough infections happening in only 0.17 per cent of fully vaccinated individuals in the city. This represents 3,936 cases among almost 2.3 million Toronto residents 12 and older who were fully vaccinated at the time this data analysis was completed.

thumbnail.png

Only nine Ontarians under the age of 60 have ended up in the ICU with a breakthrough case of COVID-19

Numbers behind breakthrough COVID-19 cases in N.S. show vaccines work: expert

:huh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So we should expose people on purpose?

Omicron is taking care of that as it spreads more easily, which is why some scientists are studying super immunity relating to COVID.

6 minutes ago, Only_ said:

The fact that some studies contradict each others (vaccine immunity VS natural immunity) seems to make the case that hybrid immunity is the best form of protection you can get against COVID.

So how did you come to the conclusion that the papers you have interpreted as a hybrid solution are the most accurate and should be the benchmark?

What supports that conclusion?

What does Massachusetts have to say

Percent of breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths of fully vaccinated individuals

Fully vaccinated cases

6.76%

Fully vaccinated hospitalizations

.106%

Fully vaccinated deaths

.024%

Source: Massachusetts Department of Public Health • Percent of all fully vaccinated individuals are based on Dec 18, 2021. 5,035,517 fully vaccinated number by the state. People are considered fully vaccinated after their second dose of Pfizer, Moderna or single dose of J&J. Earliest date at which some one would be considered fully vaccinated is January 19, 2021

• Like 1

Omicron is taking care of that as it spreads more easily, which is why some scientists are studying super immunity relating to COVID.

So you want to expose people on purpose?

That sounds like a sociopathic need on your part

• Like 1