Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CDC: Study Confirms Natural Immunity Stronger Than Vaccines

taniwha

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

https://www.toronto.ca/news/breakthrough-infections-data-shows-vaccinations-are-effective-against-covid-19/

Toronto Public Health (TPH) data shows that vaccination has been effective in Toronto’s COVID-19 response, with breakthrough infections happening in only 0.17 per cent of fully vaccinated individuals in the city. This represents 3,936 cases among almost 2.3 million Toronto residents 12 and older who were fully vaccinated at the time this data analysis was completed.

thumbnail.png

Only nine Ontarians under the age of 60 have ended up in the ICU with a breakthrough case of COVID-19

Numbers behind breakthrough COVID-19 cases in N.S. show vaccines work: expert

:huh:

I don't live in Ontario.

Ontario has a 78% vaccination rate. Here in the province of Quebec, we have a 90% rate, among the highest in the world.

Also your link is from December 6, a study that doesn't even take Omicron into account. It hadn't reached Ontario by then.

That's poor, inaccurate research Psyche101.

Just now, Only_ said:

I don't live in Ontario.

Ontario has a 78% vaccination rate. Here in the province of Quebec, we have a 90% rate, among the highest in the world.

Also your link is from December 6, a study that doesn't even take Omicron into account. It hadn't reached Ontario by then.

That's poor, inaccurate research Psyche101.

There's not much out there which actually supports my suspicions. They are from the end of last year, do not too out of date. A few weeks old.

They are real figures, and don't seem to support that anywhere in Canada is recording the level of breakthrough cases your claiming.

Better than an unevidenced claim wouldn't you be say? 

I'm still calling BS.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you want to expose people on purpose?

That sounds like a sociopathic need on your part

I'm just stating the facts. Omicron is spreading, whether you are vaccinated or not.

I have some hope for the new Omicron-specific vaccine from Pfizer. The vaccines we have right now are not that great.

• Like 1

Here is what it  used to be

https://medicalpartnership.usg.edu/covid-19-staggering-statistic-98-to-99-of-americans-dying-are-unvaccinated/

Staggering COVID-19 Statistic: 98% to 99% of Americans Dying are Unvaccinated

If you have decided to not get vaccinated against COVID-19, a new data analysis from The Associated Press concludes you may have a higher risk of dying compared to those who have chosen to be vaccinated.

The analysis was released in May of 2021 and looks at COVID-19 related deaths in vaccinated versus unvaccinated individuals—only .8% (150) of vaccinated people accounted for the 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May.

With this staggering statistic, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19 suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Only_ said:

I'm just stating the facts. Omicron is spreading, whether you are vaccinated or not.

I have some hope for the new Omicron-specific vaccine from Pfizer. The vaccines we have right now are not that great.

So you have nothing of societal value to support whatever baloney you are spewing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you have nothing of societal value to support whatever baloney you are spewing

I certainly can't find a link to support the Quebec breakthrough claim.

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There's not much out there which actually supports my suspicions. They are from the end of last year, do not too out of date. A few weeks old.

They are real figures, and don't seem to support that anywhere in Canada is recording the level of breakthrough cases your claiming.

Better than an unevidenced claim wouldn't you be say? 

I'm still calling BS.

If you are to post links and studies, at least make sure they are up-to-date.

Things are changing fast, especially with Omicron.

Here's some data from Quebec:

• On Sunday, Quebec reported 3,283 people in hospital (a decrease of 12 from the previous day), including 273 in intensive care (a decrease of two from the previous day).
  • The province reported 5,141 new cases of COVID-19 and 33 deaths.
  • Since the start of the pandemic, there have been 835,630 confirmed cases and 12,799 people have died.
  • The province also reported Saturday a total of 17,218,748 doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered, including 100,951 in the last 24 hours.
  • 90 per cent of the eligible population in the province (ages five and up) have received one dose of the vaccine, 83 per cent have received two doses, and 39 per cent have received three doses.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/covid-19-quebec-jan-22-1.6324160

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I certainly can't find a link to support the Quebec breakthrough claim.

I've noticed a lot of BS  in this thread as well as sociopathic sentiments

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Here are the latest data:

• On Sunday, Quebec reported 3,283 people in hospital (a decrease of 12 from the previous day), including 273 in intensive care (a decrease of two from the previous day).
  • Since the start of the pandemic, there have been 835,630 confirmed cases and 12,799 people have died.
  • The province also reported Saturday a total of 17,218,748 doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered, including 100,951 in the last 24 hours.
  • 90 per cent of the eligible population in the province (ages five and up) have received one dose of the vaccine, 83 per cent have received two doses, and 39 per cent have received three doses.

Is any of that supposed to support your story?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Here are the latest data:

If you're going to post links to news stories, make sure they are on topic.

Please copy and paste where the article shows the breakthrough statistics that you have been stating. 

12 hours ago, Isabella said:

Yes, true science acknowledge natural immunity! :tu:

Let's remember that this is just one study.  What we need to know now is under what circumstances is natural immunity more potent.  How strong was the vaccine dose?  How long ago was the infection?  What other treatments were administered?  What comorbidities were there?  Etc.

Covid is an evolving disease with evolving treatments.  We have a long way to go yet.

Doug

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

If you're going to post links to news stories, make sure they are on topic.

Please copy and paste where the article shows the breakthrough statistics that you have been stating. 

'Omicron is also distinguishing itself from previous waves in the number of breakthrough infections among those who’ve received two vaccine doses. Nearly 78 per cent of the new cases Tuesday arose in those who were administered two shots. In the past 28 days, 62 per cent of those hospitalized were doubly vaccinated.''

Source: https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/omicron-presents-unique-challenges-for-quebecs-hospitals

That's all going in a population that is 85,3% fully vaccinated. There are many, many Omicron breakthrough cases. How many are also not reported?

*bold are mine

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

'''On the same date in 2021, the Health Ministry declared 2,546 new COVID cases. On Tuesday, the province posted 14,494 cases, and that figure is probably a vast underestimate because many Quebecers are self-testing and the government is not tabulating those results.

[...]

'Omicron is also distinguishing itself from previous waves in the number of breakthrough infections among those who’ve received two vaccine doses. Nearly 78 per cent of the new cases Tuesday arose in those who were administered two shots. In the past 28 days, 62 per cent of those hospitalized were doubly vaccinated.''

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/omicron-presents-unique-challenges-for-quebecs-hospitals

That's all going in in a population that is 85,3% fully vaccinated. There are many, many breakthrough cases. How many are also not reported?

*bold are mine

Nothing here supports your story.

As I keep stressing it is time. Nothing mentioned here about time.

In act nothing in this story has anything to do with natural immunity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Nothing here supports your story.

As I keep stressing it is time. Nothing mentioned here about time.

In act nothing in this story has anything to do with natural immunity.

I was responding to Psyche101, who called BS on me.

I provided the data to show him he is plain wrong.

Omicron breakthrough cases are occuring massively even in population with high rates of vaccination.

Can you admit you were also mistaken?

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

Every link keeps stating that vaccines work. Sure they do. But we all know that is dependent on the circumstances. Lots of vaccines require boosters to make sure that the vaccines continue to work. The main concern for COVID is that immunity wanes. There is no booster for natural immunity. There is a booster for vaccines. After a bit natural immunity becomes almost no immunity. Vaccines can get boosted

I was responding to Psyche101, who called BS on me.

I provided the data to show him he is plain wrong.

Omicron breakthrough cases are occuring massively even in population with high rates of vaccination.

Can you admit you were also mistaken?

But you failed. You did not post what you are now claiming.

Your claim of "massively" is just another fail on your part.

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

But you failed. You did not post what you are now claiming.

Your claim of "massively" is just another fail on your part.

''Omicron is also distinguishing itself from previous waves in the number of breakthrough infections among those who’ve received two vaccine doses. Nearly 78 per cent of the new cases Tuesday arose in those who were administered two shots. In the past 28 days, 62 per cent of those hospitalized were doubly vaccinated.''

Link

78% of new cases were fully vaccinated. Isn't that massive?

62% of people hospitalized were fully vaccinated. Isn't that massive?

Definition of massive: Very large in size, amount, or number

I mean, the facts are there. You seem in denial, or simply incapable of admitting you are wrong about this.

Edited by Only_

What I've already posted in this thread is that natural immunity at best offered a 19% efficacy in subsequent infections. That was max and dropped to basically 0%. Boosters brought the level up to 90% as I posted in this tread.

And who was dying? The unvaccinated. They had the opportunity to avoid death but chose to avoid safety.

Here is a chart of dead Canadians by vaccination status

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1257040/number-covid-deaths-canada-by-vaccination-status/

image.png.e825e4ea0e3fb96c4b467c26ce3f3e93.png

Looks like the dead are not getting vaccinated. That's found in most places.

Some people that can't figure out stats pretend that somehow number of breakthrough case percentages support their sociopathic agenda. Wrong.

The fact of the matter that in no way support the fairy tale they have been promoting. It does reveal a lack of understanding of percentages as if that is a surprise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stereologist said:

What I've already posted in this thread is that natural immunity at best offered a 19% efficacy in subsequent infections. That was max and dropped to basically 0%. Boosters brought the level up to 90% as I posted in this tread.

That might also be false.

I found a study that challenges that claim:

Protection from prior infection significantly reduced against Omicron

''By the numbers: The study found that prior infections were 90% effective against symptomatic reinfections for the Alpha variant, 92% effective for the Delta variant and only 56% effective for Omicron.  ''

https://www.axios.com/omicron-infection-natural-immunity-vaccines-92529dcb-8a09-437a-a740-63b5816753c2.html

You see, everything you claim as ''fact'' or 'dogma' is not as clear-cut or definite as you make it to be.

Edited by Only_

<snipped>

You fail.

Not a study and it misses the booster.

And what is never mentioned? Time

• Like 1