Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CDC: Study Confirms Natural Immunity Stronger Than Vaccines

taniwha

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

Keep on fooling yourself it makes no difference to me.

"The Pandemic of the Unvaccinated" is an imaginary Bogey-man.

Bogus-man

How do perfectly healthy people pose a risk to you or anyone else if vaccines are working?

As always you can only catch covid from someone who has covid to begin with so in reality the pandemic remains as always, a "pandemic of the infected" and nothing more, no conspiracy, no agenda, no need for fear, division or hate.

Remember this, nobody here or anywhere else is bullying you or anyone else to "accept natural immunity or suffer the penalties" 

"No natural Immunity, no Job" mandates do not exist anywhere either.

Hopefully you snap out of your illusion and stop acting the victim before it's too late.

Here is a link you can enjoy and learn from all at once. Good luck :yes:

https://youtu.be/hzMhmk2sWzU

The foolish pretend that it matters not to others if they go unvaccinated.

Here are some of te well published items that apparently need to be repeated.

• There are people that cannot get vaccinated or that are immunocompromized. Getting vaccines protects them.
  • Medical staff are burning out because they are overwhelmed by the deaths and hospitalization which are well above normal levels for years.
  • There is an increased cost in health care
  • There is a loss of GDP
  • There has been a drop in student performance

That's a short list.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toast said:

OK, but when you cannot breathe anymore please be consistent and avoid any kind of professional medical help but ask a tree or a pile of chicken bones for help instead. Thank you.

I treated a friend's Covid-19 with some herbs ( I can't tell you which ones) and it went away a few days later.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Your first link was NOT to a study. Now you provide a different link.

Your new link is to a paper that has not been published. It has not been peer reviewed. We'll find out if this paper is of value at some point.

I stand corrected.

Still, it is an interesting study.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

My point is it was there two months already. Delta still dominates ICU. 

Do you feel it lies dominant and then on some particular day its suddenly everywhere? How do you think you got to the peak? Your claim isn't reflected in the stats.

Omicron has become 80% dominant in Quebec barely 3 weeks after the first case was detected.

That means 8 out of 10 infections of SRAS-Cov-2 could be attributed to Omicron.

Omicron spread very, very rapidly. It is very contagious, and has infected many fully vaccinated people.

Omicron Makes Up 80% Of Quebec COVID-19 Cases After Just Three Weeks

https://www.mtlblog.com/omicron-makes-up-80-of-quebec-covid-19-cases-after-just-three-weeks

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

Let's see you claim that 90% of the people are vaccinated. Yet only 62% of hospitalized people were vaccinated.

That means that vaccinations are working otherwise 90% of hospitalized would have been vaccinated.

I did not claim the vaccines are not important. They very much are.

I'm saying breakthrough Omicron infections (not hospitalization) have been occurring on a massive scale in fully vaccinated people.

But let's check that 90% number. It looks like a falsehood. In fact, it is a big fat falsehood.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/situation-coronavirus-in-quebec/covid-19-vaccination-data

It's like the US with not everyone getting fully vaccinated. Some only get 1 shot and stop.

Wrong.

90% of population in Quebec are fully vaccinated (have received 2 doses).

85,5% of the population have received at least one dose.

Here's are the stats:

https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees/vaccination

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_vaccination_in_Quebec

Edited by Only_
  • Thanks 1

So the question is how does time affect the immunity someone has.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-natural-immunity-what-you-need-to-know

New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.

Time is the critical element. It means that the immunity a person has depends on what they received and how long ago.

Research indicates that the protection from the vaccines may wane over time so additional doses (boosters) are now authorized for certain populations.

This is not unique to coronavirus. There are boosters for MMR and tetanus.

• Another study published on Nov. 5, 2021, by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) looked at adults hospitalized for COVID-like sickness between January and September 2021. This study found that the chances of these adults testing positive for COVID-19 were 5.49 times higher in unvaccinated people who had COVID-19 in the past than they were for those who had been vaccinated for COVID and had not had an infection before.
  • A study from the CDC in September 2021 showed that roughly one-third of those with COVID-19 cases in the study had no apparent natural immunity.

So 1/3 of people that got COVID-19 did not obtain natural immunity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Only_ said:

I did not claim the vaccines are not important. They very much are.

I'm saying breakthrough Omicron infections (not hospitalization) have been occurring on a massive scale in fully vaccinated people.

Wrong.

90% of population in Quebec are fully vaccinated (have received 2 doses).

85,5% of the population have received at least one dose.

Here's are the stats:

https://www.inspq.qc.ca/covid-19/donnees/vaccination

Your site makes it abundantly clear that only 85% of the population has had at least 1 dose. That does not mean that 90% percent had 2 doses. That site is very clear that is a falsehood. It claims that if you exclude children under 12 then the rate is 90%, but that requires excluding children.

For Quebec that removes about 1 million or roughly 1/8 of the population. It suggests that 6.3 out of 8 million in Quebec meet your criteria. That's less than 80% of the population.

You really see it in this chart.

image.thumb.png.665421446697c1bf0aeb27c9760465b2.png

Notice how the vaccinations are older and as I keep repeating time is critical. Notice that 90% is not met for age groups below 50 years. Again, this chart says that the total for Quebec is only 85.5 (for at least 1 jab) and only 92.3% for 1 jab if children are excluded.

We also notice from this chart that jabs are authorized for children 5 to 11. Jabs are not authorized at this time for the under 5 group. The two groups under 11 are roughly equal in size.

Are people getting the booster? Are the once infected getting vaccinated?

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I treated a friend's Covid-19 with some herbs ( I can't tell you which ones) and it went away a few days later.

Oh, thats wonderfull.

BTW, my clearname is Gisele Bündchen and you can call me Giss if you like.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Your site makes it abundantly clear that only 85% of the population has had at least 1 dose. That does not mean that 90% percent had 2 doses. That site is very clear that is a falsehood. It claims that if you exclude children under 12 then the rate is 90%, but that requires excluding children.

For Quebec that removes about 1 million or roughly 1/8 of the population. It suggests that 6.3 out of 8 million in Quebec meet your criteria. That's less than 80% of the population.

You really see it in this chart.

image.thumb.png.665421446697c1bf0aeb27c9760465b2.png

Notice how the vaccinations are older and as I keep repeating time is critical. Notice that 90% is not met for age groups below 50 years. Again, this chart says that the total for Quebec is only 85.5 (for at least 1 jab) and only 92.3% for 1 jab if children are excluded.

We also notice from this chart that jabs are authorized for children 5 to 11. Jabs are not authorized at this time for the under 5 group. The two groups under 11 are roughly equal in size.

Are people getting the booster? Are the once infected getting vaccinated?

Of course, the data is compiled for 12 years+ who have received the regular formulation of the vaccine.

The pediatric formulation for 5-11 years old of the Pfizer vaccine is 10 mcg.  It is considered a separate vaccine specific to that age group.

For 12 years + who have received the regular formulation of the vaccine (30 mcg), 90% of the population is adequately vaccinated (2 doses).

It's funny how you are jumping through hoops to deny the fact that Quebec has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Of course, the data is compiled for 12 years+ who have received the regular formulation of the vaccine.

The pediatric formulation for 5-11 years old of the Pfizer vaccine is 10 mcg.  It is considered a separate vaccine specific to that age group.

For 12 years + who have received the regular formulation of the vaccine (30 mcg), 90% of the population is adequately vaccinated (2 doses).

It's funny how you are jumping through hoops to deny the fact that Quebec has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

I m not denying anything. I am pointing out that the 90% vaccinated is not true. In fact, it specifically states not all of Quebec is considered and it only has 1 shot as the threshold for being counted. Furthermore we see that the percentage of vaccinated drops with people below 50.

On top of that I have shown that time is critical and regardless of whether or not people are vaccinated it is imperative that boosters are administered due to the 6 months that have passed for most people that were vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

I've also pointed out that natural immunity wanes faster than the immunity from vaccines. I pointed out that roughly 1/3 of the people that got COVID-19 do not appear to have immunity.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/9/21-1042_article

Thus, 36% of our cohort represented serologic nonresponders.

That's the 1/3, the 36%.

Finally, RT-PCR positive persons who experienced COVID-19 symptoms might be less inclined to seek vaccination, believing they are protected, but our results caution against this assumption.

Don't count on natural immunity

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taniwha said:

IMG_20220124_223610.thumb.jpg.b6a8ccd206bad40c0a270da18d55c569.jpg

Thanks for that laugh, and for sharing your photo, looking good!:lol:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I m not denying anything. I am pointing out that the 90% vaccinated is not true. In fact, it specifically states not all of Quebec is considered and it only has 1 shot as the threshold for being counted. Furthermore we see that the percentage of vaccinated drops with people below 50.

90% of the population eligible for the regular formulation of the vaccine are adequately vaccinated (2 doses).  You must be 12 years+ to be eligible.

Those numbers cannot be disputed.

On top of that I have shown that time is critical and regardless of whether or not people are vaccinated it is imperative that boosters are administered due to the 6 months that have passed for most people that were vaccinated.

So you concede that breakthrough Omicron infections are very likely to occur in adequately vaccinated people?

''The Quebec government defines an "adequately vaccinated" person as someone who has either received two doses of a vaccine or one dose of a vaccine if they have already had COVID-19''

Edited by Only_
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Only_ said:

90% of the population eligible for the regular formulation of the vaccine are adequately vaccinated (2 doses).  You must be 12 years+ to be eligible.

Those numbers cannot be disputed.

So you concede that breakthrough Omicron infections are very likely to occur in adequately vaccinated people?

''The Quebec government defines an "adequately vaccinated" person as someone who has either received two doses of a vaccine or one dose of a vaccine if they have already had COVID-19''

So now you are going to properly state the meaning of the number. Thank you.

Here is what the new link you used states:

Total number of people receiving vaccinations in Quebec as of January 22, 2022

Unvaccinated population: ~1,262,071 people (14.7%)
  Population who has received only one dose of a vaccine: 581,745 people (6.8%)
  Population who has been fully vaccinated (both doses): 6,741,706 people (78.5%)

See I was right when I stated "That's less than 80% of the population. "  I also pointed out that the numbers used people that only received 1 jab.

I was correct. Thank you for posting another link to support my statements

I do not concede that "breakthrough Omicron infections are very likely to occur in adequately vaccinated people" That is dependent on a number of factors and is not a simple issue just as the percentage of the population was a qualified number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Bssssss

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

Thank you, but the anti-vaxxers have led to many deaths and injuries around the world due to their lies. They are the scum of the Earth

I reserve such titles for killers, rapists, pedophiles, despots and other evil types.

What are you here for? To prove you are right? In which case you are just petulant. Or are you here to convince others and sway opinions for what you believe is best?  In which case your bad attitude only hinders your mission. 

Some of you guys need to get ahold of your emotions and grow the heck up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

August 2021

Israeli study: Natural immunity gives better protection than COVID shot

Study based on Maccabi Health data finds that natural immunity based on prior infection offers considerably better protection than 2 doses.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/312637

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for that laugh, and for sharing your photo, looking good!:lol:

Laughter is the best medicine right?  :tu:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

So now you are going to properly state the meaning of the number. Thank you.

Here is what the new link you used states:

See I was right when I stated "That's less than 80% of the population. "  I also pointed out that the numbers used people that only received 1 jab.

I was correct. Thank you for posting another link to support my statements

That doesn't change the facts.

If 90% of the 12 old years+ population who have received the regular formulation is fully vaccinated (2 doses)

And

78,72% of the entire population is fully vaccinated (2 doses)

That still means Quebec has one the highest vaccination rates in the world.

I do not concede that "breakthrough Omicron infections are very likely to occur in adequately vaccinated people" That is dependent on a number of factors and is not a simple issue just as the percentage of the population was a qualified number.

You are moving the goalposts.

Edited by Only_

21 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Most people infected with Omicron in Israel are vaccinated. I've read they are considering dropping the Green Pass for that reason.

Edited by Only_
  • Like 2

Just now, taniwha said:

Laughter is the best medicine right?  :tu:

Yes it certainly is for both mental and physical health my friend. But getting back to your thread, the best thing to keep in mind is that information concerning this Pandemic can’t be obtained from media sources. All media sources put there their own spin on the information they report and it’s always bias in one way or the other. What I do is read the reputable media sources, to find out what Medical Journal they are using to support their article. Then I go to that journal and read it and then base my comments on the report in the journal.

By doing this people can’t argue with your comments,  because the Peer Review process used takes the bias out of medical and scientific journals. Not all journals are peer reviewed though, however even then in most cases the information is always better than information reported directly from media sites. However, it still takes critical thinking and research to come to the correct conclusions. This is a major problem when discussing this subject on the forum, far to many people only start threads with non-scientific articles that already fit their thought process.

The problem with not keeping an open mind, is that by only maintaining your current opinion one is unable to learn new things and to ever get an understanding of the real course and on going ever changing events occurring with this Virus and the Pandemic in general!

Peace and good luck! :tu:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, taniwha said:

August 2021

Israeli study: Natural immunity gives better protection than COVID shot

Study based on Maccabi Health data finds that natural immunity based on prior infection offers considerably better protection than 2 doses.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/312637

From the article:

Natural immunity that develops after SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably better protection against the "Delta variant" than does two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, an Israeli study found.

Thats yesterdays news, Sherlock. Ever heard of the variant named OMICRON? It seems not. You continue to make yourself look like a fool, dont you see that?

Edited by toast

11 minutes ago, Only_ said:

Most people in Israel testing positive are vaccinated.

Let's face it, the current vaccines aren't that great against Omicron.

Why this matters: The subvariant BA.2, which has been nicknamed the “stealth omicron,” could be spreading faster than the original omicron and lead to even more COVID-19 cases, according to Fortune.