Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot- video & audio doc compilation

Commander CMG

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

How in the world could I offer you factual proof of my experiences Stereologist?  Do you even know what you’re asking?  Can you remember or prove to me what you had for dinner last night?

Of course this post has nothing to do with what I wrote.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Guyver said:

Speaking of loving my bizarre rants, here’s another one for you.  When I went on that sasquatch expedition that had the experience, I had teamed up with a dude I met on the internet, and although I was not drunk or on any drugs whatsoever, when I saw this guy for the first time he looked like a spider to me.  He was that creepy.  Not an attractive person.  

Anyway, he had some skill as he was a falconer for one of those medieval shows, and I came to tolerate him.  The point is, he was the only person I could find who would spend two weeks of time going into the woods seeking for evidence of sasquatch.  And the fact is that we had a really amazing time together, even though I didn’t know the guy and really thought he looked very creepy.  

Anyway, I had that experience, it seems like a sasquatch to me, but even though tracks were left, I didn’t see the creature.  I think I may have heard it, and it was really loud and scary.  If it’s real, then that explains what I experienced.  But, if it’s not real, then there’s a really big scary animal that lives in the woods that doesn’t seem easy to identify.  No one on this forum has yet to offer me a plausible explanation to my experience.  If you can’t offer a potential animal sound that would explain it, why say anything?

I've made several suggestions.

I have to commend you for taking the time and effort to actually look for bigfoot. Very few people take the time to get boots in the field and search. Most believers simply read stories and agree with support such as "seems credible", or "I get good vibes from this".

Sounds are hard to identify at times. We all think we can identify sounds, but in fact we are often incorrect. I get a kick out of "What's that noisy" on the SGU podcast. I think bird and it is a llama. I think it is a frog and it is an insect. I think birds and it is baby hippos. I think gravel on the beach and it is fish. Sounds out of the ordinary are hard to identify. In the Sierra you might have heard a rock slide, ice fall, a tree groan. I've seen rockfall so big in the Sierra that I felt the event through the rock face. It comes in all sizes. Did you hear something alive or did you hear the mountains speak? I have no idea. You seem pretty sure that it was an animal. Was it?

• Like 7

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

I have to commend you for taking the time and effort to actually look for bigfoot. Very few people take the time to get boots in the field and search. Most believers simply read stories and agree with support such as "seems credible", or "I get good vibes from this".

Sounds are hard to identify at times. We all think we can identify sounds, but in fact we are often incorrect. I get a kick out of "What's that noisy" on the SGU podcast. I think bird and it is a llama. I think it is a frog and it is an insect. I think birds and it is baby hippos. I think gravel on the beach and it is fish. Sounds out of the ordinary are hard to identify. In the Sierra you might have heard a rock slide, ice fall, a tree groan. I've seen rockfall so big in the Sierra that I felt the event through the rock face. It comes in all sizes. Did you hear something alive or did you hear the mountains speak? I have no idea. You seem pretty sure that it was an animal. Was it?

I actually agree with everything you’ve said.  I have heard landslides, I’ve been in several earthquakes, I know that sounds are magnified at night.  Something small going through the bush near you in the dark can make you think it’s something better.  You are right about all that.

Yes, I am  certain that the sound I heard was an animal.  And not just any ordinary animal.  The sound had an incredible volume and depth to it.  The place we chose to make camp was next to an elk preserve near skookum meadows.  There was a creek that ran through there so we camped in a field about 50 yards from it.  Apparently, we had made camp in the middle of many black bears who were no doubt accustomed to walking the trails down to the creek, and we were taxing their gig, that is making them uncomfortable.  I know this because I heard them communicating all around us for hours on the first night.  Anyway, the thing we heard was closer than those bears,  but the sound it made was so many times greater than a black bear, I can’t even guess the number.  At least ten times louder for sure.  Anyway, I know I’m a person, and people make mistakes, but in this case I feel very confident that I have accurately recalled the experience.  The truth be told, I didn’t think the weapon I was holding was powerful enough to kill it.  But, I was also scared, and didn’t want to move an inch closer to that thing.  There is one last detail I didn’t mention but when the big thing sounded off, my partner and I discussed later and both agreed we could hear those black bears running away from the sound.

In any event, since I didn’t see the thing with my eyes, I don’t believe in bigfoot.  If I had seen it, I would believe it.  But, if it’s real, I think it’s truly fascinating that such a thing exists.  I think that’s about all I have to say about it.  Thanks for your response.

18 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I actually agree with everything you’ve said.  I have heard landslides, I’ve been in several earthquakes, I know that sounds are magnified at night.  Something small going through the bush near you in the dark can make you think it’s something better.  You are right about all that.

Yes, I am  certain that the sound I heard was an animal.  And not just any ordinary animal.  The sound had an incredible volume and depth to it.  The place we chose to make camp was next to an elk preserve near skookum meadows.  There was a creek that ran through there so we camped in a field about 50 yards from it.  Apparently, we had made camp in the middle of many black bears who were no doubt accustomed to walking the trails down to the creek, and we were taxing their gig, that is making them uncomfortable.  I know this because I heard them communicating all around us for hours on the first night.  Anyway, the thing we heard was closer than those bears,  but the sound it made was so many times greater than a black bear, I can’t even guess the number.  At least ten times louder for sure.  Anyway, I know I’m a person, and people make mistakes, but in this case I feel very confident that I have accurately recalled the experience.  The truth be told, I didn’t think the weapon I was holding was powerful enough to kill it.  But, I was also scared, and didn’t want to move an inch closer to that thing.  There is one last detail I didn’t mention but when the big thing sounded off, my partner and I discussed later and both agreed we could hear those black bears running away from the sound.

In any event, since I didn’t see the thing with my eyes, I don’t believe in bigfoot.  If I had seen it, I would believe it.  But, if it’s real, I think it’s truly fascinating that such a thing exists.  I think that’s about all I have to say about it.  Thanks for your response.

I have a lot of experience in the outdoors and your story here is really good.

I teach youth about camping and you state here what I wish they would do. Avoid placing a campsite by the water. Be sure to avoid being in an animal path.

The two most interesting sounds I recall were a roar and a groan. Not sure how to describe the latter. The first was a sound I believe was a mountain lion in Wyoming. The second was a deep growl or groan which I realized was an enormous rockfall. I felt it through my feet before I heard it.  Later a dust cloud arose and passed over us and traveled northward along the Sierra Nevada. My partner and I were on a rock climb on the East face of Whitney. Glad we were not close to that event.

The dust made it clear what this deep and mystifying groan was about. I believe but cannot verify that the sound I describe as a roar was a lion.

• Like 2

I still see a lot of guessing and speculation in these stories, like,

51 minutes ago, Guyver said:

we could hear those black bears running away from the sound.

Did you see the black bears running?

Not a poke, a point.

My desire to procrastinate cleaning the flithly cat box ill share a boring anecdote,

Here in eustis fl its not out in the country but close i work at night and was tuning and testing a vw trike out on a rural 2 lane road through the forest,

Its about 230 300 am and really dead out, i pull over to tweak the carb and sit down behind the trike i have a little bright swivel lamp,

I hear something in the woods i know all kinds of critters in the area and was aware in case a cross hog or bear was about, i heard shrill sounds,

I go back to my engine tuning then i hear something louder i look up and was startled scared not terrified for a moment, a deer came out of the woods but was up on just its back legs in the second it saw me i moved my light it did go into "deer in headlights mode" it let out a shrill i didnt know deers made it walked about 5 to 7 feet on its back legs zombie style and melted back into a thin patch of bushes, the whole even was a few seconds but really left me a bit jarred, i had no clue deer did that.

Had i not seen the deer i would have been very sincere and honest that the sound had to be animal and wasnt anything i knew and i could if i were that type make a leap and insist it could only be a chupacabra or perhaps jersey devil on vacation from the pine barrens, but no, i would have left it with unknown.

11 hours ago, Guyver said:

I don’t believe in bigfoot.

If you don't believe in bigfoot, why on earth did you say the vocalization you heard could only have come from a bigfoot or a griz?  Why were you specific that the tracks you encountered were that of a sasquatch?

This is incoherent.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Resume said:

If you don't believe in bigfoot, why on earth did you say the vocalization you heard could only have come from a bigfoot or a griz?  Why were you specific that the tracks you encountered were that of a sasquatch?

This is incoherent.

The part i cant grasp and yes its compounded when like you point out the person making the claims also says they dont even believe in what they claim it is,

Why do people jump from unknown, "i dont know what it really is, so it must be xxxx" and "xxxx" is some unproven reach and these folks dont rule out coubtless prosaic and far more likely examples they wont rest with "unknown" they jump to a conclusion with no collaborating evidence.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The part i cant grasp and yes its compounded when like you point out the person making the claims also says they dont even believe in what they claim it is,

Why do people jump from unknown, "i dont know what it really is, so it must be xxxx" and "xxxx" is some unproven reach and these folks dont rule out coubtless prosaic and far more likely examples they wont rest with "unknown" they jump to a conclusion with no collaborating evidence.

The correct interpretation of the phenomena described in Guyver's anecote is "I don't know what those tracks were, what that vocalization was.  They're . . .  unexplained mysteries."

Again, to assign the phenomena to bigfoot, when you claim you are not a believer is logically contradictory and incoherent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 1/25/2022 at 6:14 AM, stereologist said:

I recently heard an argument about a bird call and someone said that is what mockingbirds sound like hear them all the time! LOL! I hear mockingbirds sound like car alarms it is really cool to hear. However if they actually see what is making the sound then it becomes a question of what it is their seeing, or not seeing. Just getting a glimpse of something isn't say as good as seeing full view a creature so there is no mistaken what it is or couldn't be, and I go from there when listening to witness accounts on Bigfoot.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, Resume said:

Because you keep bringing it up and changing your position; you're a bigfoot believer, then you're not, you made a truth claim about the physical world =, i.e. bigfoot tracks and vocalizations, then they're not claims . . .  pick a lane.

Yes, I'm sure you consider your story to be completely factual; I consider it to be an anecdote, similar to the myriad others I have read and heard. I nor anyone else can speak to the veracity of an anecdote with truth claims about the physical world, which is why they are such **** evidence, and is what this discussion is about.  I just have to ask this though: You really didn't think telling a story in which you heard a bigfoot roar, and discovered bigfoot tracks (even though you're not a bigfoot believer) was a truth claim about the physical world?  Really?

Umm, everyone lies; I understand you have a certain self-image you like to project, but everyone lies, including you.  And you're telling a lie if you claim you do not.  I am not saying your are lying in this anecdote; I am saying that there is no way to verify any of the claims made, and thus  it is useless to scientific inquiry, and to everyone but yourself.

Have you been drinking?

Yes, I was probably drinking.  I do it frequently right now.  But, that doesn’t mean I’ve lost my faculties.  I’ve only been drunk enough to see things once in my whole life, and I didn’t even see things,  it was more like trails of light and then I passed out.  I know the difference between drunk and sober.  We had no drugs or alcohol.  We went in to town once to get drunk when we were waiting out a gnarly rainstorm.  We didn’t have enough sense to but alcohol when we were in town, so we went without.

Check that post above, I thought about it and remember now.  We broke camp and went for town, but the place was so small by the time we got there the only place open was the gas station and the bar,  there was no alcohol to be taken back, so we got drunk in the bar instead.

I got drunk and i encountered,  didnt actually see sasquatch.

:rolleyes:

On 1/25/2022 at 7:38 PM, the13bats said:

I still see a lot of guessing and speculation in these stories, like,

Did you see the black bears running?

Not a poke, a point.

No, I did not see them running.  I thought I heard it, and so did my partner, but I could be mistaken about that point, but I don’t think I am.  It’s just that, even though I had twelve gauge slugs and a nine millimeter on my hip, when I heard that sound I just froze.  I remember at first I stood up holding my weapon in my hands, and then I saw by campfire light my partner stood up and grabbed his weapon, and then we just froze.  I remember thinking, screw it, I’ll just look for tracks in the morning.  And then we went into the tent and didn’t sleep all night.  Just stayed up listening until dawn.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Guyver said:

No, I did not see them running.  I thought I heard it, and so did my partner, but I could be mistaken about that point, but I don’t think I am.  It’s just that, even though I had twelve gauge slugs and a nine millimeter on my hip, when I heard that sound I just froze.  I remember at first I stood up holding my weapon in my hands, and then I saw by campfire light my partner stood up and grabbed his weapon, and then we just froze.  I remember thinking, screw it, I’ll just look for tracks in the morning.  And then we went into the tent and didn’t sleep all night.  Just stayed up listening until dawn.

Again no poke but you already said you were drinking/drunk,

i am far from the bravest cat around but i wouldnt go on a snipe, ahem bigfoot hunt and chicken out when its my turn at bat,

With all the skeptic crap i spew on here i assure you i made a deep promise to myself if i was lucky enough to experience something i would embrace it not run away my life is what it is and if a ghost, alien or crypto whatever takes me out so be it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

Yes, I was probably drinking.  I do it frequently right now.  But, that doesn’t mean I’ve lost my faculties.  I’ve only been drunk enough to see things once in my whole life, and I didn’t even see things,  it was more like trails of light and then I passed out.  I know the difference between drunk and sober.  We had no drugs or alcohol.  We went in to town once to get drunk when we were waiting out a gnarly rainstorm.  We didn’t have enough sense to but alcohol when we were in town, so we went without.

I clearly asked if you were drinking when you made the post to which I was replying, not if you were drinking on you camping trip.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Resume said:

I clearly asked if you were drinking when you made the post to which I was replying, not if you were drinking on you camping trip.

:D Jeez! Hey check this out at 8:29 on video of a possible Bigfoot, looks strange maybe its with a long snout and slender down because its not a Bigfoot but a Dogman with pointed ears. However the head looks weird like a construction workers hat.. Your thoughts people. Bigfoot photo?

3 minutes ago, CryptoGirl said:

:D Jeez! Hey check this out at 8:29 on video of a possible Bigfoot, looks strange maybe its with a long snout and slender down because its not a Bigfoot but a Dogman with pointed ears. However the head looks weird like a construction workers hat.. Your thoughts people. Bigfoot photo?

Kind of looks like a wooden silhouette made of wood that I have seen people have in their yards.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

Kind of looks like a wooden silhouette made of wood that I have seen people have in their yards.  

Yeah, there's one atop a hill of mulch at a landscaping yard near my house and one up north by the vacation property where it looks a touch more realistic.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CryptoGirl said:

Bigfoot is indeed dimensional: Two dimensional.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CryptoGirl said:

s-l400.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CryptoGirl said:

side by side comparison

Capture.PNG

And what do you think now?

Is it a real bigfoot or a cutout silhouette?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CryptoGirl said:

Looks Dogman to me!

That's pretty silly.

It looks almost identical to the photo I posted of a wooden bigfoot cutout.

Or are you just having a go?

• Like 3